Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype (35965 Views)

Man Weeps In Court Over Wife’s Divorce Bid / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Wife Divorce Hubby For Impregnating Lunatic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by October1960: 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Regards to quote below - SS is not a death sentence. All humans are going to die regardless of genotype. Some 'AA' die early for all sorts of reasons, car accident, malaria, etc. Every life is precious and meaningful.

Also people should be free to divorce if they so choose. You cannot make a man or woman stay in a Marriage they longer desire. Marriage is such a personal close relationship that no matter the external pressures, no one will be in a marriage they don't want. It can be difficult to explain to outsiders.

Abali1:

You are simply ignorant, and by the way I am SS and I don't think am[center][/center] different from many people who consider themselves healthy.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Fawklicant: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

The probability is in every birth.
They could have 4 children and all will turn out SS or AS or AA or a mixture of all genotypes.

OK. I get it. The one in four chance is in every pregnancy. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Fawklicant: 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
If the trust damage can be repaired, then there is always a way around every situation.

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

Believe whatever pleases you.

If u're one of the lucky sicklers who didn't really experience pain... Then stop living in denial...

My opinion remains:
Sickle cell is worse than a death sentence...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
thorpido:
^^^
The two posters above me..............the situation this woman found herself is a very serious situation.The man lied to her but it's not just the lie but the consequences of two people with the AS genotype in a marriage.
As it stand now they have a high probability of having a child with the SS genotype.Dealing with that in a family is no child's play.

It's actually a 25% chance of having an SS child for every birth
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by eagleeye2: 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

If u're one of the lucky sicklers who didn't really experience pain... Then stop living in denial...

My opinion remains:
Sickle cell is worse than a death sentence...

Many Warriors will find this statement very offensive and insensitive. Do you think that you and yours are better than all warriors out there?
Please Google T.boz of TLC, she is a warrior and she is living her dreams.
And also read about the guy you are quoting, Abali1 maybe you will begin to change your perspective about people living with SS.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by macdelene(m): 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
DuchessLily:
Eyaahh.... Ok he lied, agreed..But wife u already have a child nau, and d child baby boy is AA. U can still be married to ur hubby, forgive him

U can add one more child, with faith and prayer ur next child will not be SS

Maybe u don't love ur hubby anymore?

I read a topic that was posted sometime ago where the gentle men that response to the topic said they can never marry an As or even SS even if they are AA. Some say it will spoil their family line. Nw u can see even the lady does nt want to spoil her family line tooo
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

Many Warriors will find this statement very offensive and insensitive. Do you think that you and yours are better than all warriors out there?
Please Google T.boz of TLC, she is a warrior and she is living her dreams.
And also read about the guy you are quoting, Abali1 maybe you will begin to change your perspective about people living with SS.

I don't believe his a sickler.. He may have seen what sicklers go through and enlightened himself...

No sickler will find that comment offensive and insensitive...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
Dyt:

More than enough reason
She's lucky to have had AA child

You do know a bone marrow transplant is as good a cure for sickle cell anemia
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Anglovel: 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
The two posters above me..............the situation this woman found herself is a very serious situation.The man lied to her but it's not just the lie but the consequences of two people with the AS genotype in a marriage.
As it stand now they have a high probability of having a child with the SS genotype.Dealing with that in a family is no child's play.
True Talk...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You do know a bone marrow transplant is as good a cure for sickle cell anemia

Its not really suitable for sicklers above 16 - 18

Survival rate of BMT is low for adults..

Bone marrow transplant is expensive...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by eagleeye2: 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

I don't believe his a sickler.. He may have seen what sicklers go through and enlightened himself...

No sickler will find that comment offensive and insensitive...
hmmmm. >: how can you be so sure
So he enlightened himself just to please who exactly
He is also the administrator of a Facebook page, Naija Sickle Cell Warriors.
I don't think you have gone through his numerous threads.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

hmmmm. >: how can you be so sure
So he enlightened himself just to please who exactly
He is also the administrator of a Facebook page, Naija Sickle Cell Warriors.
I don't think you have gone through his numerous threads.

Not to please anyone... But whatever he saw changed his perspective..

Besides, u could be his second moniker trying to get me to read his threads...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

Its not really suitable for sicklers above 16 - 18

Survival rate of BMT is low for adults..

Bone marrow transplant is expensive...

True , still doesn't nullify the fact that it's as good a cure for it
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
neoapocalypse:

True , still doesn't nullify the fact that it's as good a cure for it

Yes... For babies.. And children not more than 10 - 12..
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by mjay91: 11:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
There are different type of SS. Some SS do not have crisis at all, some have mild crisis while other have severe crisis. To those that visit hospital regularly, being SS is actually a death sentence. Not being able to walk due to leg ulcer or bone pains is a serious illness. The woman is 100% right and I strongly support her. Pls & pls AS and AS shd not marry.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by eagleeye2: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

Not to please anyone... But whatever he saw changed his perspective..

Besides, u could be his second moniker trying to get me to read his threads...
Seriously
You must have a very vivid imagination.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

Seriously
You must have a very vivid imagination.

My brain is a wonder worker grin grin grin
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by delishpot: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
DuchessLily:
Eyaahh.... Ok he lied, agreed..But wife u already have a child nau, and d child baby boy is AA. U can still be married to ur hubby, forgive him

U can add one more child, with faith and prayer ur next child will not be SS

Maybe u don't love ur hubby anymore?

She should play 'try your luck' with her next child ba?If you see the surffer wey Sickle cell pikin dey surffer, you go wish say the mama nor marry at all, at all. Talkless of get bele and born.
Hmnnnn, isokay. Make I sidon dey watch the mentality of Nigeria's future.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 08, 2015
Evina:

Upon receiving our pre marital medical reports, my fiance told me God changed his genotype, from AS to AA. I laughed it off, not because I don't believe in miracles; having personally experienced several, but because he could be very mischievous.

He insisted and asked me to ask his mum. So I asked, "mummy, what is your son's genotype?" She said, " AS". I asked again, for certainty, she said, "AS of course, what's the matter?".

So yes, God changed his genotype! Several tests confirmed it!

To those doubting the efficacy of fasting and praying, SMH. You are on a looooooong tin.

Story for the gods grin

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by draggie(f): 12:51am On Mar 08, 2015
you are right, my genotype also changed from AS to AA, God is always faithful & there is nothing he can not do. cheesy

Upon receiving our pre marital medical reports, my fiance told me God changed his genotype, from AS to AA. I laughed it off, not because I don't believe in miracles; having personally experienced several, but because he could be very mischievous.

He insisted and asked me to ask his mum. So I asked, "mummy, what is your son's genotype?" She said, " AS". I asked again, for certainty, she said, "AS of course, what's the matter?".

To those doubting the efficacy of fasting and praying, SMH. You are on a looooooong tin.[/quote]
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by arsetalks(m): 12:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Islie:

......... Is that enough to make her quit the marriage the husband query
More than enough.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by iaatmguy(m): 12:55am On Mar 08, 2015
cococandy:
What is wrong with people?
it is like some of you don't know how serious the genotype thing is.
If you knew you won't be saying this.

He shouldn't have lied about his genotype.

The one asking her to stay married and pray the next child doesn't turn out to be SS. SMH undecided

And if it does nko? Will prayers cure the child?
Isn't it better to separate than bring kids into this world to suffer needlessly?.
I'm so happy for this first one that turned out alright.

4k for monthly feeding of the child?
This magistrate na wa.
Does the child each only crackers and water?
yes 4k is not a ridiculous amount, owning the fact that the wife asked for the divorce not the husband, also one must consider the financial status of the husband..
Am sure she left due.to financial crisis.MY OPINION
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 08, 2015
ijustdey:
there are more to this

just because of genotype she divorce her hubby
agreed he lied but I don't believe that's enough reasons to divorce him
See dis guy,guess u not a science student...there is a high possibility of giving birth to a child of genotype SS,and u know what they do?,they drain all ya money,ur time,ur everything and later die

Wake up mister,dats enough reason for her to get a divorce
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by muzeze77: 1:46am On Mar 08, 2015
I am in the same shoes I am AS , was shocked to know that my wife was also AS during the pregnancy despite her telling me that she is AA,I thought of Abortion but for some reason I decided to pray that the child should be okay, in my family we have had a lot of SS who died, my Grandmother is the only surviving child out of 7 children. I have been angry and it has affected our relationship. truth be told i don't value her that much any more. Our son is AA. I thought of leaving her after our Son was born, but now I just don't want my Son to live in a broken home. I live in the US so healthcare is better for Sickle Cell Children, but nevertheless I am praying and hoping for just one more and thats it for me
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Ilekeh(f): 2:39am On Mar 08, 2015
I love me an educated Yoruba woman. kiss

Love is not everything in a marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Ilekeh(f): 2:45am On Mar 08, 2015
DuchessLily:

Exactly d point I made earlier... If they want anoda child, God can do more than dey think sef

We just underestimate d power of our Gr8 GOD

Dumbazz Nigerians.

Hmm I wonder why Nigeria is not the 1st wonder of the world.

Tie yourself on train tracks and pray to your God to save you.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Ilekeh(f): 2:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Evina:

To those doubting the efficacy of fasting and praying, SMH. You are on a looooooong tin.

Sounds so dumb.

Pray and fast for a better Nigeria nau
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Ilekeh(f): 2:54am On Mar 08, 2015
decode55:

[b] I've been following your posts for sometime now.

You talk like someone who has been utterly & irrevocably brainwashed.

You type like a primary school dropout.

What has god got to do with as/as marriage?

Its plain simple that if they give birth to another issue, his/her genotype is bound to be either as/ss.

WTF is wrong with you people?

God would even punish people like you who advice others wrongly.
When you sit in the comfort of that your bacha & type rubbish in the name of giving "advice" & the repercussion comes out, would you be there to face it with the couple?

If you know nothing about something, why don't you do research on it or SHUT THE HELL UP?!??

Your type makes me wanna puke.

Get a life & stop doling out stupid & ignorant thrash in the name of giving out "advice" undecided

As for the Lady in question, she did the right thing.

If I find myself in her situation 1million times, I'd do the same thing 1million times [/b]

I hope the ediot listens.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Ilekeh(f): 2:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Abali1:
Having gone through some of the posts in this thread, I will say those arguing that the woman took the best decision are right in their own opinion.
But let's also take the seriousness of the marital vow into consideration. What the woman is doing now is what she should have done during courtship. Being afraid of having a SS child is not enough reason to end a marriage. Moreover she already has a child, who is AA.
My question, why not stop at that one and give him the best you can offer? What if that AA had been SS and the husband decided to end the marriage, how will she have taken it?
My point is this,
1) She is already married, and her fears is not enough reason to seek for a divorce.
2) Her son will now grow up without the love of at least one parent. cos his home is already broken.
3) She could have chosen to give her child the best, and equally give hubby a choice in raising his own kid.
4) Being SS is not a death sentence. And I will continue to advice against AS/AS couple getting married. But since they were already married, she should tried to make her marriage work............etc

She is already married based on lies.

What would you do if you find out that your husband was once a female?

1 Like

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by unbrandedcosy(m): 5:35am On Mar 08, 2015
steppin:
She dissolved her marriage because of genotype?
She should just say the real reason for asking for divorce.
She must have sampled a congo outside and she wants to use this opportunity to continue.
Smh...women!
The woman did the right thing. U thing is easy to manage a child with SS genotype. Thank God the child is AA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos) / Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.