Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype (35893 Views)

Man Weeps In Court Over Wife’s Divorce Bid / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Wife Divorce Hubby For Impregnating Lunatic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:
Having gone through some of the posts in this thread, I will say those arguing that the woman took the best decision are right in their own opinion.
But let's also take the seriousness of the marital vow into consideration. What the woman is doing now is what she should have done during courtship. Being afraid of having a SS child is not enough reason to end a marriage. Moreover she already has a child, who is AA.
My question, why not stop at that one and give him the best you can offer? What if that AA had been SS and the husband decided to end the marriage, how will she have taken it?
My point is this,
1) She is already married, and her fears is not enough reason to seek for a divorce.
2) Her son will now grow up without the love of at least one parent. cos his home is already broken.
3) She could have chosen to give her child the best, and equally give hubby a choice in raising his own kid.
4) Being SS is not a death sentence. And I will continue to advice against AS/AS couple getting married. But since they were already married, she should tried to make her marriage work............etc

Been SS is worse than a death sentence...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by decode55(m): 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
CounsellorWise:

Lady's man, I can't recall quoting you. Get off my path and stop whining like a hired defense attorney.

Brainwashed Religious fanatic, I can't remember your father being the owner of NL.

So, shut up.

When next you see my post, look elsewhere
undecided
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by harry509: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fawklicant:

We know naija girls are this and that, but this isn't about that now. Let us leave that aside for once and not trivialize every topic by turning it into a women-bashing thread. Asides, the genotype issue, no one is looking at it from the trust angle. If your wife told you a monumental lie before marriage and you later found out, would you still trust her again? If you found out that she is actually like 10 years older than you or that she was sleeping with your pastor while you two courted, would you still trust her?

That said, I do not support outright divorce because of the child involved. The child needs both parents and one hallmark of being a good parent is being selfless for your kids albeit within reasonable limits and barring all unnecessary encumberances.
u spoke well aniway, bt d child is AA, dats means she dos nt av d faith dat her 2nd child wil b AA or AS 2.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Tinyemeka(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Islie:

......... Is that enough to make her quit the marriage the husband query

Yes that is enough to make her quit the marriage.

If he was not initially aware of his genotype, that's a different story.

They should be thankful that the first issue has an AA genotype. It would be heartless playing Russian Roulette and hoping that subsequent offsprings won't be SS. That is being heartless at its peak.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

Been SS is worse than a death sentence...
You are simply ignorant, and by the way I am SS and I don't think am[center][/center] different from many people who consider themselves healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by mistiquephat(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
This issue is a very sensitive one. I hate lies but love to forgive. But I hate seing my child in pain without anything I can do. Before u post ask this people if they can be contented with just only one child. #2 if they can't, can they afford taking care of a child with sickle cell? However, what are the other issues in that family apart from this predominant one? Brothers and sisters before you marry, pls do this for our generation unborn. Avoid being asked the question : Daddy why did u bring me here to suffer. My little penny.

1 Like

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
decode55:

Brainwashed Religious fanatic, I can't remember your father being the owner of NL.

So, shut up.

When next you see my post, look elsewhere
undecided

Dude, the forum may be faceless but that gives you no room to insult me. Don't ruin your life with your own mouth. Be warned!
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by photographer: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
after all said.. I want to say the woman is right to put the relationship to an end this is not the first time am hearing something like this. I have seen experienced people who had a child by mistake before they found out about their genotype they ended the relationship and now they are married to different people thank God the first child was As. if you don't have an idea what it means to be a sickle here is an open forum for you to learn and not come and show the rest oo your ignorance. just ask and you shall know. am a sickler the single reason am still smiling with my parents is because they didn't know they got married without knowing they was something healthwise to check for.but now there is to much information everywhere that if you commit such blunder now your child will never forgive you oooo. so wise up all and break the chain never marry a genotype that will reproduce a sickler #word!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Smartestelvis:
hope ur brain is not ss,coz i ve heard some ppl bein aa n deir brain somefin else......is it d vows dat's d objective of any marriage? perhaps its better 4 a mormal kid 2 grow up in a foster home dan an ss havin all d care in d world or if u were 2 be a sicklecell patient u would ve winded up in d nearest clinic nw instead of comin out here 2 type gilberish.......d woman made a gr8t move n dats wot counts,every oda fin u say is 4 d gods....
I choose to ignore your insults. But you can go through my threads to see for yourself, about the bolded.

I notice that Nairaland has been populated by people who get a kick out of insulting others.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Missyetty(f): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
ijustdey:
there are more to this

just because of genotype she divorce her hubby
agreed he lied but I don't believe that's enough reasons to divorce him
u said just bcoz? Why did he even have to lied to her
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

You are simply ignorant, and by the way I am SS and I don't think an different from many people who consider themselves healthy.

I guess u like the fact that u're on drugs most of the time.

I guess u like the fact that any part of your body can pain u at anytime...

I guess u like the fact u can't do some physically stressful with no worries...

I guess u like the fact that u can fall into a coma at anytime...
e.t.c

You're not sickler... So stop saying s:hit
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by obillyj(f): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
If those of you blaming the woman know what it means to have an SS child, you will not wish it even for your enemy. I know of a family that had 5 SS children cos both parents are AS. This couple are alive burying their children one after d other.
Is that what a woman should go through? Have u considered d pain SS kids go thru? D agonising cry, the trauma of having attack every now n then? The money involved in medicals? Not to talk if d uncertainty.
The man lied, yes which is forgivable but do they have d faith to believe God to give them only AS or AA kids? Thank God d first is not a carrier.
To me, it's a wise decision she took since she lacks d faith to trust God after all what's d point of bringing d kids to come n suffer such excruciating pain.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by decode55(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
CounsellorWise:

Dude, the forum may be faceless but that gives you no room to insult me. Don't ruin your life with your own mouth. Be warned!

Keep quiet & stop issuing baseless & useless threats.

If you can't stand the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen undecided
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

I guess u like the fact that u're on drugs most of the time.

I guess u like the fact that any part of your body can pain u at anytime...

I guess u like the fact u can't do some physically stressful with no worries...

I guess u like the fact that u can fall into a coma at anytime...
e.t.c

You're not sickler... So stop saying s:hit
I guess you are new to Nairaland. Please go through my threads, I have got nothing to prove neither do I get to gain anything by lying.
Moreover, don't be ignorant. It's not everyone who is SS that lives on drug.............. If you are still in doubt send me a PM, and I will clear your doubts.

1 Like

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
harry509:
u spoke well aniway, bt d child is AA, dats means she dos nt av d faith dat her 2nd child wil b AA or AS 2.

Answer this question:

There are two roads... The road to the left gives you a 75% chance of been successful while the road to the right gives u 25% chance...

Which road will you choose??
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

I guess you are new to Nairaland. Please go through my threads, I have got nothing to prove neither do I get to gain anything by lying.
Moreover, don't be ignorant. It's not everyone who is SS that lives on drug.............. If you are still in doubt send me a PM, and I will clear your doubts.

They all take drugs once in a while or often....

It depends on how sickle cells affects the person... The cells vary from person to person that's why a sickler might fall ill more often than another...
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Fawklicant: 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
harry509:

She can't gamble with a human life. Fact is she can only have one AA child, 2 AS children and 1 SS child in every four children. The order in which they come is random. So would you rather have her gamble and sire a child that might just know only pain and anguish in its lifetime? I know not all sicklers die, but a lot do and the problem is not even in the dying, it is in the living in misery and anguish. They can't do sports, smoke and do a lot of things that we take for granted. Not forgetting the self esteem issues resulting from years of all the pity-party from people.

With all the technological advancements, there is still no cure for it. This is a sickness that affects only black people, so who is gonna find the cure? Some sicklers eventually live successfully with it, but hey! What is the likelyhood?
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by harry509: 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

Answer this question:

There are two roads... The road to the left gives you a 75% chance of been successful while the road to the right gives u 25% chance...

ummmmM! Well is btw me n GOD ooh. Aldoh am nt yet married. I wil take 75% of it. Bt y did yu ask?
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by harry509: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

Answer this question:

ummmmM! Well is btw me n GOD ooh. Aldoh am nt yet married. I wil take 75% of it. Bt y did yu ask??
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

They all take drugs once in a while or often....

It depends on how sickle cells affects the person... The cells vary from person to person that's why a sickler might fall ill more often than another...
Please tell me other genotypes don't take medications from time to time?
My dear, I am not in support of anyone who is AS marrying another AS. No. The case in this thread is different.
The woman is already married to the man, and already has a baby who is AA. Why then seek for divorce?
If she needed more children why can't she adopt?
What if her son had been SS, will she equally seek for divorce? Knowing fully well that the burden may fall on only her.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by kevoh(m): 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
Smartestelvis:
ooh sorry 4 postin in d kids section,my bad......*swish awayyy**
Now this is just unnecessarily rude. undecided

Back to the thread, apart from the fact that SS is just 25% chance happening, there's an alternative to deal with the Sickle Cell (SS) wahala for AS couples only snag is it dwells on what the couple might consider as morally right/wrong and might even be a bit pricey to carry out such procedure.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fawklicant:

She can't gamble with a human life. Fact is she can only have one AA child, 2 AS children and 1 SS child in every four children. The order in which they come is random. So would you rather have her gamble and sire a child that might just know only pain and anguish in its lifetime? I know not all sicklers die, but a lot do and the problem is not even in the dying, it is in the living in misery and anguish. They can't do sports, smoke and do a lot of things that we take for granted. Not forgetting the self esteem issues resulting from years of all the pity-party from people.

With all the technological advancements, there is still no cure for it. This is a sickness that affects only black people, so who is gonna find the cure? Some sicklers eventually live successfully with it, but hey! What is the likelyhood?
Please the bolded is a wrong assertion.

1 Like

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Fawklicant: 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

My dear, I am not in support of anyone who is AS marrying another AS. No. The case in this thread is different.
The woman is already married to the man, and already has a baby who is AA. Why then seek for divorce?
What if her son had been SS, will she equally seek for divorce? Knowing fully well that the burden may fall on only her.

Nice point you made there especially in the last sentence. Another thing with adoption is that it costs a lot. I guess they would be better off not expanding the family for now considering the husband is a factory worker.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Fawklicant: 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

Please the bolded is a wrong assertion.

How so? Please enlighten me.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
harry509:
ummmmM! Well is btw me n GOD ooh. Aldoh am nt yet married. I wil take 75% of it. Bt y did yu ask?

You said:

"u spoke well aniway, bt d child is AA,
dats means she dos nt av d faith dat
her 2nd child wil b AA or AS 2".

You'd take a 75% chance to be successful...

Now change this "roads" to the lives of your unborn children..

Will you take a 75% chance to have healthy children or a 25% chance
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by harry509: 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fawklicant:

I udastnd . Bt I blame her on d hand, eva since they got married, y is dat she jst notice it now? She ought 2 know frm d begining. Well 4 her hubby 2 lie 2 her, I tink d man deserv d divorce. Aldoh 1 cannot jst see fire n jump nside hopin dat he or she has faith it wudt get burnt, dat means u Rr temptin GOD.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fawklicant:

How so? Please enlighten me.
The probability is in every birth.
They could have 4 children and all will turn out SS or AS or AA or a mixture of all genotypes.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
decode55:

Keep quiet & stop issuing baseless & useless threats.

If you can't stand the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen undecided

Beautiful phrase. I wish you the best as you take the heat wherever you are. Happy heat time off Nairaland.
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by peterjero(m): 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
taryour:
That woman took the best decision she could ever take in her life. All you posters saying she made the wrong move,I wonder what you would if they end up having a child who is ss. Abeg leave matter you wunt be there to nurse a sick child with her o.
Leave Nairalanders and their little understanding of what life is, I've lost an elder sister and 4 cousins to ss due to ignorance and have a cousin with ss who just crossed 30 yrs that almost died last year of not for doctors live and care, imagine we spending over million in a government hospital to keep her alive, wonder if it was private maybe we would have come o the forum to beg. When Ymodulus wanted to kill himself last year them think say na clear eye.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by GodMode: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
Abali1:

You are not a sickler...

Sicklers dislike their health limitations... why then can't they just commit suicide since they are already born sicklers

The end of the marriage is not the end of life...
Same way a true sickler knows that life goes on despite the health limitations...

Its brings more joy to take care of children you birth rather than adopt..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by harry509: 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

You said:

"u spoke well aniway, bt d child is AA,
dats means she dos nt av d faith dat
her 2nd child wil b AA or AS 2".

You'd take a 75% chance to be successful...

Now change this "roads" to the lives of your unborn children..

Will you take a 75% chance to have healthy children or a 25% chance
wen we get 2 d bridge we know wat 2 do cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype by Abali1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
GodMode:

You are not a sickler...

Sicklers dislike their health limitations... why then can't they just commit suicide since they are already born sicklers

The end of the marriage is not the end of life...
Same way a true sickler knows that life goes on despite the health limitations...

Its brings more joy to take care of children you birth rather than adopt..
Believe whatever pleases you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Annoying Attitudes Some Men Display / Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / 30 Things Nigerian Husbands Want And Expect From Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.