Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase (47641 Views)

Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by kilokeys(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
eleojo23:
For those ridiculing the lady for returning the money and saying that she is not smart, I hope you will be happy if someone finds your misplaced money/item and makes use of the 'opportunity' by going away with it? I hope you will clap for the person for being 'smart'.
After all, you said opportunity comes but once.

sharap there.. wat is an innocent person doing with cash of 12 million naira.. isnt that money laundering?

what happened to tranfers and bank accounts?

i no go return that kain money o
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Namady(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:
Opportunity cumz but once.....God has givn u urz. but u'v throw. It. To d dust....na shower of blessings u go dey chop nd. 15k o....

Das. D. Way God wants to make. U rich...but u dia God and rejct his offer grin
For me...even if I pick 1k...I. Knw. Go. Return. Am
U sure say u pass English for WAEC
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by lonelydora: 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
phlio:
...nah 15k be her award

No bi 15k but N7200. And the mofo didn't even give her anything.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Barabbas(m): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:
Opportunity cumz but once.....God has givn u urz. but u'v throw. It. To d dust....na shower of blessings u go dey chop nd. 15k o....

Typical Igbo man tongue
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by johnsonjosbles(m): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
As for me, I for don built 3bedroom,buy Camry and establish small bussiness and visit orphanage home. If you truly sweat/work for such amount, even armed rubber must kill you b4 he can collect such money from you! Imagine forgeting what you labour for in a toilets? Too much govt stolen money. If u quot me u r on ur own, my opinion that I will do if I'm in such position, I don't have time for empty promises.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by mytime24(f): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gud name is better jarri, God bless u ma'am
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by IYANGBALI: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:

no mind that woman,she half missed her opportunity for life. If I find ordinary 100 naira I no go return am not to talk of 12 million naira,return ko,reverse ni. Make govt chop their awards and accolades,I no want
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by MymothersKeeper(f): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Be your brothers keeper always. If you lose such and someone did not give it back how will you feel ?
It is bad luck to keep such. I once kept one woman's iphone I found at a mall in 2010!!. All the staff including the woman asked me I said no I did not see it. The woman was bereaved & said its important for her meeting that day. That's when I knew I made a mistake and should have handed it over.
When I was facing bad luck upon bad luck I knew each time it was from that ruthless deed of mine. I lost more than $10,000 till about 2013 when God said I have had enough . I know that God loves me regardless but he can't save me from the consequences because that's how the stars are aligned.
If God is going to change your life it's not by wuru wuru means.
Now I have had many iPhones including a new 6 I shouldn't have made that woman's life inconvenient that day! As for me honesty for life !

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by zaimeg: 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:

Change agent indeed.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by PHIPEX(m): 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
The responses that have trailed this story since it broke is a glimpse of how corrupt Nigerians can be. Imagine Nigerians accusing the woman of being foolish for returning what does not belong to her? That is the mindset our politicians have together with their relatives who will cajole them to steal public fund that belongs all of us.

I respect the woman's sense of contentment. Riches shall find her and her family in a way she least expect. By the way, how come I haven't seen comments of those who are so quick to accuse Igbos of loving money beyond every other human?

6 Likes

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Richy4(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am really proud of you madam. At least there is hope that if God should ask if there are more than 5 righteous and honest people in the country, you will be among the honest ones that will prevent the destruction of the country from dishonesty and corruption.

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
15k per month is ridiculous...
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by 12ema: 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
Doing the right thing every time, all the time, is it's own reward. Me thinks though, that she has shot herself in the foot. Nobody, i suspect, wants to work beside a honest person in the public sector in Nigeria. The country is too corrupt for that to happen. She might as well go look for work in the private sector.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Ifebazz(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:

That's why the devil will not return your ability to write simple and correct English. Keep stealing and shouting APC there. No more sense of belonging in this country, everybody is in it 'for the money'. If I can't trust you with 1k, tell me why I should employ you in my company?

2 Likes

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Jaypea98: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
phlio:
...nah 15k be her award
There was no way she would have stolen such amount of cash without being caught......
Nigerians who criticized her actions are hypocrites.
If she had been caught stealing the same people would have called her a thief
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by chrisxxx(m): 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
She did the right thing. It is not easy stealing without being caught at the airports. There is CCTV coverage. The lady is aware of this. Her only option was to return the money and hoping the owner would compensate her. There is no big deal any day better opportunity presents itself she knows what to do. Is she not an Igbo lady?
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by misterh(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
I just shake my head because of the some people are condemning her. A woman returned what wasn't her and people see something bad in that. How can we then condemn the politicians when they embezzle? It's the same people that will be shouting that the politicians are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Neplusultra(f): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Wots 15k per month!! Abeg give am better promotion o si m 15k per month! !! Mtchew!

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by gambudu: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
God purnish that mr obinna samuel. so all he could do was to look at the woman and walked away.no reward,NOTHING from him to appreciate the woman. chaiii people wicked oooo
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by nortcentrallord(m): 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
A true Nigerian with Integrity. From the comments above, you will see that our problem is half our government and half our people. Most Nigerians are hopeless thiefs.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by sod09(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
She is still silly nd dumb
She lost d opportunity to become
rich.....for some one to carry $27000 into an airplane must av been involve in an illegal act...
Day should even find out abt d money sef
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by kay1one2(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:

This is why progress has been avoiding you! Your english speaks volumes of it!!!

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by donsheddy1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
See how God use bless this woman and she threw it away. Madam since you're comfortable with your 7k salary, You don show God say you will never again count millions till you die.

Mtchew
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by JoeCutie(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
If I pick that kind of money, I'll return it. But make I pick am first... undecided angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by yeahryt(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
So, I am telling every Nige­rian to be happy in any situation they find themselves. Don’t be faster than your shadow because so many things will go wrong. Sometimes things get bad because people want to be like others. All fin­ gers are not equal. It is true that God promised those who serve him riches, but people should be careful how they go about it. I am telling people to have pa­ tience. It is because people want quick money that is why some people become thieves.Take This words very seriously.....

1 Like

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by LOVEGINO(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
It's not her fault. She can't handle dat huge amount of money. #povertycalling
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by ignis: 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
What is N15,000 a month?
Not even upto minimum wage. ...

Too poor for somebody that returned 12M.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by ExInferis(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
That money cannot be legit. No one forgets even 12,000 naira talk more of 12,000,000 naira. Most likely looted funds destined for laundry overseas, or to purchase drugs, shebi the owner na igbo.

Shoulda Kept the damn bag, silly woman.
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gboyeboy:

Me still think the woman is dumb.

God works in mysterious ways you know.
yes God works in mysterious way same way God will make you lose a huge amount of money and somebody will do away with it, remember it is still how mysterious God's way is

3 Likes

Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
MymothersKeeper:

Be your brothers keeper always. If you lose such and someone did not give it back how will you feel ?
It is bad luck to keep such. I once kept one woman's Iphone I found at a mall in 2010!!. All the staff including the woman asked me I said no I did not see it. The woman was bereaved & said its important for her meeting that day. That's when I knew I made a mistake and should have handed it over.
When I was facing bad luck upon bad luck I knew each time it was from that ruthless deed of mine. I lost more than $10,000 till about 2013 when God said I have had enough . I know that God loves me regardless but he can't save me from the consequences because that's how the stars are aligned

I absolutely love this!!!
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
IYANGBALI:
no mind that woman,she half missed her opportunity for life. If I find ordinary 100 naira I no go return am not to talk of 12 million naira,return ko,reverse ni. Make govt chop their awards and accolades,I no want
one day somebody will not return your life savings and I know you will happy calling that person smart and clever, praying for blessings upon his life and wishing goodwill and he enjoys your sweat
Re: The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase by TalkDirect: 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am shocked by the many people who sound as if this woman did an 'unsmart thing' by returning the money. There is nothing smart in taking such money as yours or as some blessing of some sort. What have we become? Have we become so desperately blinded by the same greed we blame everyone else for? Just put yourself in the shoes of the person who lost the money and 'do to others as u would have them do to you' I praise the lady and I'll get her a better paying job if I could. Dishonesty is one big reason a lot of Nigerian youth can't get employed because we don't demonstrate any trustworthiness. Congrats again to the lady of noble character.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Breweries Salary Structure: Salary Of Nigeria Breweries PLC / Experience Of A 17 Year Old Boy Cleaning A Female Toilet / Policeman, Oluwa Oscar Lam: "I Took This Job Knowing I May Never Get Rich"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.