Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Deliverance Is Just Knowledge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Deliverance Is Just Knowledge (515 Views)

She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. / Boy, 10, Girl, 8, Caught Having Carnal Knowledge / God In Heaven Where Is Thy Face? This Is Just The Height Of It.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deliverance Is Just Knowledge by RexBrita: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2015
Are people really possessed? Possessed by what? Religion tends to group everything it does not understand along a line of thought under a broad subject. Many deliverance sessions are not exactly real. I have read about many people who “receive healings” from mega-televangelists or pastors but who got worse and sometimes gave up in the process. Many Christians brand those who do not agree with them as possessed even when the accusers do not understand what they defend.

A story
I came back from Texas sometime and drove to see a friend’s mum with the goodies he sent. She greeted me with tears (without even asking after his son) and a bucket load of complaints about the possessed 14 year old boy, Samuel, she stays with. Previously she had arranged for him to be delivered in three different churches at different times but to no avail. He has a strong “winch”, according to her. Then I was expected to ‘beat him well well’ on her behalf.

So what is the problem?
“He is very stubborn”. Samuel joined her since he was 9 years old but even after 5 years he was still not tops with house chores. Every day came with similar challenges. Of course the boy disagreed. I inspected the washed plates and got the pictures clearly. They are both right.

Redefinition of washing
The kid had no intention of being stubborn and no motive to be disobedient. Mama understandably does not want mechanised equipment. I took the boy to the kitchen and redefined washing for him, practically. To wash plates is not rubbing soapy sponge on an item one intends to wash. Washing means to remove all the stains anyhow you can. Soap and sponge only helps to achieve the result. I redefined a few other tasks and he got the picture (smart lad).

It’s a miracle!
About a week later, my friend in Texas called.
“’Sup bro. What did you do at mama’s house”
“Like what?”, I asked. “Anything the matter?”
“She said you must be a pastor, that the change in Samuel was unprecedented. And that you neither beat nor prayed with him”. I laughed.

Deliverance is knowledge
Samuel was delivered by equipping him with knowledge. Jesus said, “that men shall know the truth and the truth will set them free”. Most times, people only need to understand for them to change. The task should be to appropriately communicate the reasons for change. There is a difference between telling people things and communicating to them. The only test for communication is that the intended idea is well understood.

1 Like

Re: Deliverance Is Just Knowledge by RexBrita: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
"...Deliver us from all evil..."

(1) (Reply)

Excellent Primary School In Abuja For Special Needs Children / Please Vote For Baby Audrey To Win / 5 Reasons Why You Should Marry A Yoruba Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.