Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? (3797 Views)

Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria? / Why Do Northerners Go Scot Free For Their Crimes? / Picture Of Oludapo Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari: What's Wrong With The Pic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
General Buhari has been a runner up for the last three presidential elections in Nigeria. On these three occasions, majority of his votes have come from the Northern part of the country, where he comes from.

It will not be different this year as Buhari is expected to mop majority of the votes in the north. The allegiance of the northern people to Buhari is carved in stone.

I find it difficult to understand why he is revered so much by his people up north – why does he get so much respect, love, loyalty and allegiance from the northerners?

Has Buhari ever helped to bring development to the north, which is highly underdeveloped?

Has Buhari ever helped to improve education and learning for his northern people, who are the most backward in terms of western education in Nigeria?

Has Buhari ever helped to bring majority of northerners out of poverty?

Even as Boko Haram was ravaging his dear northern peoples, did he ever take bold steps to encourage peace and stop the bloodshed?

What has he done to deserve the massive loyalty he enjoys from his fellow northern people?

If there are any northerners in Nairaland and you’re reading this, please tell me what Buhari has done for the north?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
He is a man of integrity and that is the most important thing for anyone.

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by francizy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't see any integrity in him tho.. He's just a man ready to fulfill APC's wishes in their desperation for power..

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by jairusben(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
not northerners alone....even me..I nid change eeh...#sai buhari...like if u agree

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
GboyegaD:
He is a man of integrity and that is the most important thing for anyone.

You have no integrity if you see your people suffer and you do nothing, while you're in a strong position to help.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by rusher14: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:

You have no integrity if you see your people suffer and you do nothing, while you're in a strong position to help.

So you don't think being in the highest position in the land puts one in a position to help?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Sweetguy25: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
rusher14:

So you don't think being in the highest position in the land puts one in a position to help?

I don't understand your question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by OAM4J: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
As someone who did his NYSC in the North, I can tell you that an average northerner is one that keeps his word and hates thieves. Forget about their corrupt elites and politicians, I found more simple and honest people in the north than any other part of Nigeria.

Buhari by his lifestyle and past actions is a man they can identify with and trust. One of my uncles lives in Kaduna and he told me that the common saying in the North is, 'all I need from Buhari is his word and I can go to bank with it'. Since the days of Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa, there has not been any other politician the Northerners trust to keep his words and look after their welfare like Buhari, that is why even those that will vote for PDP governors will vote for Buhari presidency.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Gogetta(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
OAM4J:
As someone who did his NYSC in the North, I can tell you tell you that an average northerner is one that keep his word and hate thieves. Forget about their corrupt elites and politicians, I found more simple and honest people in the north than any other parts of Nigeria.

Buhari by his lifestyle and past actions is a man they can identify with and trust. One of my uncles lives in Kaduna and he told me that the common saying in the North is, 'all I need from Buhari is his word and I can go to bank with it'. Since the days of Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa, there has not been any other politician the Northerners trust to keep his words and look after their welfare like Buhari, that is why even those that will vote for PDP governors will vote for Buhari presidency.
On point, as usual!

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by faladeSM1132(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
go ask your father!

fooooooooooooooooool
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
faladeSM1132:
go ask your father!

fooooooooooooooooool
must you call someone a fool just to make a useless utterance.....which village are you from

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by ifekemmie(f): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ask him now
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
They see him as and call him 'mai gaskiya' meaning 'The honest one'.. In a country where deceit and fraud is rampant, Buhari is a rare breed. They trust him with their lives. Only the late Sadauna can rival this level of trust. Sai baba!

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by osamaBUSH(m): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
So buhari is the only honest person in Nigeria what are we not saying

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by ekeneidiagbor: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
maybe he is the only person enlisted in the presidential race....
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by vislabraye(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't understand the Northerners. But the issue here is that a lot of Northern Moslems will vote for him.
After all he was the one who defended his Fulani brothers for killing some Yoruba farmers (why are your people killing my people?"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Ikwokrikwo: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
It is tribal affilation and nothing more, that is why the only time he lost in the north was when he contested against a fellow northerner - Yar'adua.
The north will always vote for a northern candidate and we know it, even though some people pretend about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bokohalal(m): 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am not a Northerner. And I love Buhari.
What is your point?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bokohalal(m): 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:
It is tribal affilation and nothing more, that is why the only time he lost in the north was when he contested against a fellow northerner - Yar'adua.
The north will always vote for a northern candidate and we know it, even though some people pretend about it.
Prove your own logic right by voting for Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bondingman: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
He has promised them SHARIA
n forceful conversion of Christians to Moslems
n promised to turn a blind eye to d killing of Christians who practice their religion
n lot more negative things...

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
He is a full blown bigot and an islamic fundamentalist that is why they love him so.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bid4rich(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
rusher14:

Must you be in the position before you help?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
He is the only charismatic and honest politician in Africa today

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Ikwokrikwo: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
bokohalal:

Prove your own logic right by voting for Buhari.
I proved it long ago by voting for OBJ and Yar'adua
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by rusher14: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
bid4rich:

Must you be in the position before you help?

Why did I expect that answer?

What kind of help may I ask?

I think his role has head of PTF says a lot about his dedication to office and people generally.

I often see where he is ascribed (and wrongly so), to have favoured the north whilst PTF Chairman, with the percentage of projects there compared to other parts of the country.

Which ever way it is spinned, it means he helped his people.

He is not a billionaire, but a leader. That is his calling.

Everyone has his/her role to play in society.

If you want to investigate into his philanthropy which I don't think is the matter, that would be another exercise.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Godsun(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Your definition of 'no integrity' clearly description Jonathan. Cos Jonathan is in the strongest to help pple suffering in the north but showed lackadaisical attitudes.

Buhari doesn't have any power to fight boko. He fought and won insurgence during his tenure, when he was powerful enough to help them. He went to the battle field and fought and won, thaz Mr Integrity according to your definition sir

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by blackmantis: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
OAM4J:
As someone who did his NYSC in the North, I can tell you tell you that an average northerner is one that keep his word and hate thieves. Forget about their corrupt elites and politicians, I found more simple and honest people in the north than any other part of Nigeria.

You couldn't have said it better. People love him because they can trust him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari = Honesty

Muhammadu Buhari = Integrity

Muhammadu Buhari = Transparency

Muhammadu Buhari = Impartiality

Muhammadu Buhari = Trustworthy

Muhammadu Buhari = Neutrality

They accuse me of everything but they can never accuse me of Corruption- General Muhammadu Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bokohalal(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:

I proved it long ago by voting for OBJ and Yar'adua

Hahahaha! My guy, you no get sense. In your case, you voted for PDP and will continue to do so even if a clueless is there leading us to ruin.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by amakaobiemeka: 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:
buhari remains the greatest living northern politician, even yaradua owned so much respect 4 him, he called him uncle. Buhari is a rare breed, forget sentiments, people dont value what they have untill its lost. When libya lost their so called hated tyrant gadafi, it till date has exposed them to us and their problems.
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bid4rich(m): 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
rusher14:

Why did I expect that answer?

What kind of help may I ask?

I think his role has head of PTF says a lot about his dedication to office and people generally.

I often see where he is ascribed (and wrongly so), to have favoured the north whilst PTF Chairman, with the percentage of projects there compared to other parts of the country.

Which ever way it is spinned, it means he helped his people.

He is not a billionaire, but a leader. That is his calling.

Everyone has his/her role to play in society.

If you want to investigate into his philanthropy which I don't think is the matter, that would be another exercise.

and if I may ask, how do you define leadership in its entirety?
Re: Why Do Northerners Love Buhari? What Has He Done For Them? by bid4rich(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
olatunji21:
Muhammadu Buhari = Honesty

Muhammadu Buhari = Integrity

Muhammadu Buhari = Transparency

Muhammadu Buhari = Impartiality

Muhammadu Buhari = Trustworthy

Muhammadu Buhari = Neutrality

They accuse me of everything but they can never accuse me of Corruption- General Muhammadu Buhari

As they say in my side ''one rich man among 10 poor people is poor himself''

one man of integrity among dozens of corrupt people is himself corruption. It then means he himself is corrupt as well as they say GEJ is corrupt. The question is, can you now drive out corruption with corruption?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Imagine That Barack Obama' S Father Was Igbo / Saraki Begs Obasanjo To Help Talk To Buhari; OBJ Intervenes / The Need For Biafra Youth To Create A New Online Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.