Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (28674 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by omolami: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
inec did not plan to use crd reader for Feb 14 election. Jega's plan then was to anounce Buhari the winner of d election .travel out of the country and tell Pdp to go to court. That is why d shaby preparation His plan B bec of d postponement os d use o card reader which d constitution rejects. The mahine cannot acredit more than 300 people in 5hrs.Inec knows this yet jega wants its use to disenfrnchise voters on pdp/jonathan friendly states by insisting on its use while jettison its use in Apc/buhari friendly states . The test has been reported failed in many places.How can u prevent genuine voter from voting simply bec d machine failed to read his or finger due to dirt.tatoo or hard hand, In carrying out d test jega and his staff did not show d people what the server present during d test. The server could be doubling the number of cards, it could reduce d number in pdp states and increase it in apc states. The machine could have been programed to work for apc bec its common knowlege now that jega is working for apc. Since d card readerr was not used for Ekiti and Osun states election and both were adjudged credible and fair, the card should not be used for presidention election. It will make d election inconclusive and as such give jega ample opportunity to implement plan A in plan B process PDP especially should do everything to reject d use of card reader.

1 Like

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Osakah24(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sulemanmathew:
I am also an INEC adhoc staff; dat is y itz called a MOCK election. Stop potraying INEC CARD reader in a bad way. The innovation of using card readers 4 verifiation is to have a free and fair election at all cost.
Bros I am also an adhoc staff, but two weeks after postponement when would we have had time for this mock election? ,the ten states used where some of the best states in nigeria in terms of accessibility to electric and other logistics. Inec under jega haven't planned for this poles since 2011
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by taharqa: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
ba7man:
It was in Kano that the card reader performed below expectation. The remaining States recorded success.

This topic tries its best to potray the card reader in negative light which isn't true.

Card readers are the future of elections, the earlier we start using it, the better.

You guys should at least learn to tell the truth at times.

In fact, it was only in Lagos and Ekiti that was was a success. Most other states- Ebony, Niger , Delta, Rivers, Bauchi- had issues ranging from moderate to severe. See this Punch link below:
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by taharqa: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ernieman:
Go and Fire Him na! You are type who would be eager to compromise your integrity for fear of losing your job or the confidence of your boss...I don't need to be told that you r d 'high service type'. The guy said he complained about pending uncertainty during his training but they never paid attention to him and you are saying he is wrong by letting YOU and I know the attitude of the management of INEC as regards this election? C'mon mehn, show some appreciation and be reasonable.

I remember whilst I was serving in a remote community in KATSINA in 2011, we were the set of corp members that INEC employed as ADHOC staffs to handle registration of eligible voters and during the training, we were cautioned NOT to register anyone below 18yrs and some guys amongst us asked the officials that how would one be sure or be able to say for certain that someone is below 18yrs owing to the fact that most women in the north become mothers before they clock 18yrs....Their response was if we were sure they appeared less than 18 we should deny them being registered.

At my unit, I had no security, just my assistant who understands and speaks hausa and to make matter worse, none of the people in this community is a literate. And there came this tall, fierce looking man who called a CPC Agent, that he was there to witness and observe the registration process...to cut the story short, this same guy mobilised under aged children for me to register. I told him in a calm tone that am obliged only to register people above 18. The man got furious left us and I think headed home, only to come back after a few minutes with a cutlass and started filing his matchette on a piece of stone close to where we were. I was damn scared for my ma life, cos I know had it been anything happened to me, I'd be gone and nobody, I mean NOBODY, not even the president will give a F*CK that I died trying to do the RIGHT thing! And so I told ma assistant to tell him in hausa to go bring back those kids, that I was now ready to get them registered....This was just registration ooooo! Talk more of voting.

If you want to show how patroitic you can be, go to Kano or Bauchi or Borno and represent INEC there with these unrealiable card readers and let's see if you would make it back with your life.

U dey carry Naija matta 4 ur head, when dem leaders no send ur ass.

grin grin grin
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
AdeniyiA:

seriously in recent time I find it uninteresting nd uninspiring the speeches of our politicians, whenever they open their mouth they speak propaganda, name calling, in short they speak rubbish undecided
it really showed they have nothing upstairs ,no life changing or revolutionary manifestos, their campaigns are not issue based...
They talk of bridges, roads, rails, ... as if they did all with their forefathers or their money, whereas more important sectors like power nd oil secto (refineries) are being neglected ....
Instead of telling us how they plan to change all these, they are busy dancing, jumping and speaking rubbish at campaign grounds.
Nonsense, senseless and self-centered people undecided ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME..

Exactly, hence why should I bother? I'll just be on my own, hustle continues.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by taharqa: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Jarus:
Anyway, I prefer Punch's report, which is that it is largely a success.

http://www.punchng.com/news/inec-card-readers-pass-mock-exam/

Did you read the report itself instead of sheepishly believing the title of the report??

Only Lagos and Ekiti was a success according to this report. All other states that was reported had lots of issues that marred the process. The title of the article only betrayed Punch's partisanship; and it's such a shame for a formerly reliable medium as Punch.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Krisddon: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
ITbomb:

It is people like you that blocks the progress of this country, so because you are in a system and you notice flaws, you keep quiet to avoid libel right?

Sycophants like you surround politicians and everything they say or do, good or bad is right in your eyes.
I supports Jonathan but I if the government mess up I say it. When government showed lackadaisical attitude towards the Chibok girls and Boko Haram, I was part of the #bringbackourgirls but today I'm celebrating the military success and like always GEJ till 2019.
Waiter.... One Orijin for him pls!
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by lockupman(m): 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Somehow bawo! Abeg live her/him alone o. Na her fault? Funny...lol.

kastonkastrol:
if indeed you are a inec official, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you just posted. How can you libel the organization you are suppose to work for in this bad manner? Smh
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by aresa: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day

VickJames:
My president!

I hail
Apart from u na u.
If no be u na u.
If e pass u na u.
If dem no see u na u.
If e too sweet na u.

Fitness President

VickJames:
These APC men are not finding it funny with the recent progress of PDP.

So, they're trying to tell us that they won't manipulate in their strongholds too.

Akuko

The poster you are going back and forth with is a TanOID and I don't even think he's related to INEC in anyway... Don't waste your breath..
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by dougivilla(m): 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day
Thought INEC was fully prepared by Feb 14th?

Another question is are we going to have another round of test run before 28th march or should we assume that by the D day all these hitches would have been taken care of?

I ask because you speak like staff of INEC.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by dougivilla(m): 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
fasbat:
B out of 12 states, only 1, Kano has issues now,abi? INEC can go and effect correction on what cld have caused it ,I watched d report on channels TV, dts d only most credible station in nig now, d report I got was 60% of voters dt came out in kano were. successful ,regrettably 40% is high ,I urge INEC to correct d anomaly, but to now stampede d commission to now jettison d card readers is unpatriotic and diabolical...
The time is not there and if you will be sincere with yourself, you will agree with me. Tempers are already too high for this trial and error just 20 days to elections day, whist the electoral umpire had approximate 1,460 days to do same.

Why not Osun, Ekiti, Edo, Anambra or any of these states as test? The stakes are just too high for anyone to rely on one yet-to-be-verified-technology 100% with no known back up plan B.

Any of the parties, including the relatively unknown ones can lay claim to being rigged out as things currently are and they will not be wrong.

I think what is unpatriotic and diabolical is insisting on the use of these cards that have shown an unacceptable magnitude of errors.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Adyrin(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
You brainless frog.
Is it the car that drives you or you drive the car?
Some people for NL nor just get common sense at all...
C'est domage!
poundlander:

its not about an individual, its about a system that works. the mantra is CHANGE, the Party is PROGRESSIVE. Get knowledge guy.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by nkowaputa(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
if indeed you are a inec official, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you just posted. How can you libel the organization you are suppose to work for in this bad manner? Smh

Isn't it obvious that you are APC?
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by 400billionman: 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:

He is being realistic like every other commentator on the card reader ?

You mean he should lie ? Common !
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by 400billionman: 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
kingdodo1:
had it been u ar an adhoc staff nd u went for d trainin as we did, u will b d first to condemn d card reader.

Thanks for confirming what the earlier ad hoc staff stated.

Many people like speaking big grammar when they are not on ground to witness happenings by themselves.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by poundlander: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Adyrin:
You brainless frog.
Is it the car that drives you or you drive the car?
Some people for NL nor just get common sense at all...
C'est domage!
its a sorry case now that I noticed your moniker; Adidirin, afakungbekunmu, ode oshi, eranko, alaini lakai, omo ale jatijati,atoole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK / Wike Speaks After His Re-Election: I Cannot Totally Say I Am A Happy Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.