Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience (28673 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by knightsTempler: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
if indeed you are a inec official, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you just posted. How can you libel the organization you are suppose to work for in this bad manner? Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 08, 2015
PDP sha! Lol
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Niwdog(m): 9:34am On Mar 08, 2015
I hate it when people are defending inec on thse.
For crying out loud inec failed on this one
Call a spade a spade

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by knightsTempler: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2015
D9ty7:

Bro, even on a sunday morning you still dey yarn this?
Have you thought about if the elections had been held of February 14th?
Lets say the truth abeg.

The guy is dumb beyond belief

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by AreaFada2: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is a mock election for Pete Sake so 100% success shouldn't be expected. The test was successful here in lagos but failed in kano, inec will now have to work their _asses out to identify the cause of the card reader failure in Kano so that necessary corrections can be implemented.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm because inec still have about 20 days to make their necessary corrections
And what if this election held 3 weeks ago?
Were people not threatening fire & brimstone over the postponement here last time?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by ba7man(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2015
It was in Kano that the card reader performed below expectation. The remaining States recorded success.

This topic tries its best to potray the card reader in negative light which isn't true.

Card readers are the future of elections, the earlier we start using it, the better.

1 Like

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by AreaFada2: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2015
Niwdog:
I hate it when people are defending inec on thse.
For crying out loud inec failed on this one
Call a spade a spade
Sense of honesty and propriety is very rare in Nigeria. Including the noisy "clueless shouting" robots.

What we have are vested interests to be maintained by hook or by crook.

3 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by simplexvi: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2015
I think d mock e'xic failed in kano because of their dirtiness, dey have to wash up before perticipating.

2 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by D9ty7(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2015
knightsTempler:

The guy is dumb beyond belief
Am telling you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Sobeautiful: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:

I am not an inec official. I am one of the adhoc staffs recruited for this process. But I tell you, when u see possible mistakes, you can't help but say it.
You shouldn't have replied that guy. That u r INEC official/adhoc doesn't mean u should keep quiet when something is wrong. So people should no longer tell the truth when things are going wrong in their establishment because they are part of it. I'm just waiting to see how that man Jega will end. Right from onset he's been playing with the existence of the country called Nigeria. I just can't understand it. See issues coming out at these last minutes. Yet he claimed and still claims he was ready to hold the election in Feb 14. God save this country.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by dustmalik: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:
Hahahahaha!

This was the exact thing I told the INEC official training us. Its quite funny that its revealing itself now. These card readers can fuel violence more than the normal ones we're using.

How can you explain to a man that registered in a polling unit that his thumb print cannot be identified or he's not supposed be in a polling unit? And you say the verification process will only span for 4hours. Some of these voters are touts and have low tolerance level.

I told him, if any tout just carry kitchen knife not to talk of gun, I go give am everything to thumb print on. I go even call am winner.

Better correct this mistake now before the D-day.
From your post, I can tell that you are lying. You are not an inec ad-hoc staff. This is how you guys spread falsehood.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2015
A 40% failure rate is a disaster. Most ppl says it take over a minutes to recorgnize the persn. This election is gearing to be the bloodiest in nigeria's history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by MrEverest(m): 9:48am On Mar 08, 2015
Fvrk inec, Jega is not sincere. He said they were ready even when they were certainly not! Thank God GEJ was sensible enough to postpone the election which the opposition still condemned. God will continue to bless GEJ & shame his detractors.......................... God punish APC!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2015
This is not looking good. When most of the eligible voters can't be verified, then we have a serious problem on our hands.
Alas, BH is child's play compared to this afterall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day

If the national assembly didn't do anything about this card readers, these people will go ahead with it.
The idea of the card reader is a very good one. But the problem is the limited data base given to polling unit. Can u imagine that they've not given the public any information about their polling units? These people's polling unit might not even be close to their place of residence and they'll have to go far to vote and this is a verification process that will only span for 4hrs. Therefore, other people will go to blazes.

Let them get the exercise right, because people might not be happy at the end of the process.

Its a good development, because rigging will be very low.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:

the way u laffed b4 responding shows that you are not one of those recruited bro.

Thanks

Please don't make me laugh brother.

I even got 10/10 in the test so what you're saying doesn't follow.
I am not saying the card reader thing is bad but there are somethings missing in the process. This is a process you're giving technology 100percent trust.

3 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Sobeautiful: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2015
anwo247:
Hope Sai Buhari Brigade can see thi

Inec was actually not ready to conduct election. JEGA was only ready to announce ........... as a winner
Just on point. Thanks a lot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by diresimdi(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you are even a recruited staff and you have started speaking ill of the body that recruited you.The test/mock election was to give inec the idea of the efficacy and ability of the card reader and you as a adhoc staff is already saying rubbish about inec.. You really need to be fired.
The exercise that inec did yesterday was just a test so as flaws and irregularities can be identified and corrected before the D-Day
Seems you dont know the meaning of adhoc staff. Its you that needs to be fired wherever you are because you advocate lies and tricks thats why you attack someone who has spoken the truth.Being a staff wether adhoc or regular does not entail one telling lies and covering up on sensitive national issues. Nigeria does not need your type for progress at all. Shameful!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by diresimdi(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Seems you dont know the meaning of adhoc staff. Its you that needs to be fired wherever you are because you advocate lies and tricks,thats why you attack someone who has spoken the truth.Being a staff wether adhoc or regular does not entail one telling lies and covering up on sensitive national issues. Nigeria does not need your type for progress at all. Shameful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Sulemanmathew:
I am also an INEC adhoc staff; dat is y itz called a MOCK election. Stop potraying INEC CARD reader in a bad way. The innovation of using card readers 4 verifiation is to have a free and fair election at all cost.

You're right.
But do u know that they don't have immediate solution if the card reader misbehaves?

How long will it take the other official to locate your polling unit and replace the card reader?

Will the time be placed on hold till the official brings the new card reader? How long will they input the data of the voters in that polling unit?

Will they increase the time frame for verification?

Many other things I wish not to highlight here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by wasuka14(m): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2015
I will wait til I hear frm horsemouth! Many ppl r just reactin here emotionally. Mistake is wot make us perfect anyway.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by poundlander: 10:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Jega conducted the 2011 poll adjudged by your paymaster to be free, transparent and credible. what changed overnight? your paymaster promised us FRESHAIR, he gave us dust instead. now majority has caught flu, except those that are closer to him, that cover themselves with billions of dollar protection. This 2015 election is not about Freshair, because we know better now. Lets give APC a chance too, afterall, its a Fresh Party. Long Live Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 10:02am On Mar 08, 2015
dustmalik:

From your post, I can tell that you are lying. You are not an inec ad-hoc staff. This is how you guys spread falsehood.

Should I break down the process to you so that you'll get the information clearly?

Where did some people register for voting, where did they get their voters card?

I don't need to continue this argument because I've had this argument with the main staffs before, so no need arguing this with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Adyrin(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2015
Hahahahahaha
You go pronounce am winner Ooº° grin
I did tell dem d same thing here Ooº° , when the EO was saying accreditation ends by 12 and that the cardreader is 100percent reliable!
I go dash dem d ballot box sef Ooº°
Happy Sunday!
VickJames:
Hahahahaha!

This was the exact thing I told the INEC official training us. Its quite funny that its revealing itself now. These card readers can fuel violence more than the normal ones we're using.

How can you explain to a man that registered in a polling unit that his thumb print cannot be identified or he's not supposed be in a polling unit? And you say the verification process will only span for 4hours. Some of these voters are touts and have low tolerance level.

I told him, if any tout just carry kitchen knife not to talk of gun, I go give am everything to thumb print on. I go even call am winner.

Better correct this mistake now before the D-day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by Adyrin(m): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2015
Fresh party recruiting old thieves....Atiku, Oshiomole, Amaechi et. al.......
Wise up Ooº° guy
poundlander:
Jega conducted the 2011 poll adjudged by your paymaster to be free, transparent and credible. what changed overnight? your paymaster promised us FRESHAIR, he gave us dust instead. now majority has caught flu, except those that are closer to him, that cover themselves with billions of dollar protection. This 2015 election is not about Freshair, because we know better now. Lets give APC a chance too, afterall, its a Fresh Party. Long Live Nigeria!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by zicoraads: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2015
Sulemanmathew:
I am also an INEC adhoc staff; dat is y itz called a MOCK election. Stop potraying INEC CARD reader in a bad way. The innovation of using card readers 4 verifiation is to have a free and fair election at all cost.
Do not school us on the reason for its introduction, we already know that. The point is, if election had held as scheduled, without the testing, what then would have been the outcome? This alone is enough ammunition for those calling for Jega's head. INEC was never ready for Feb. 14th. Why then was he pushing for that date? I bet the same people accusing Jonathan of the postponement will not commend him now for saving us what would have been a catastrophe. I wonder what the headlines would have been like if people in Kano were disenfranchised. Or, I am sure it would have been a bloodbath instead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by ManMountain(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2015
Nigerians are simply not ready for development, woe betide anyone that will vote this current govt and complain later.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by poundlander: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2015
Talking of Technology, Jonathan blamed his inability to pay federal worker salaries last yuletide on technology they just adopted to curb ghost worker and other fraudulent means people defraud the government. The PDP crew accepted it has a welcome development, even though it was at the expense of the populace. Why is INEC an exception in the use of Technology to curb electoral fraud, even though its not at the expense of the populace unlike the PDP-led government. In card reader we stand. Long Live Nigeeria!!!
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by VickJames(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2015
Adyrin:
Hahahahahaha
You go pronounce am winner Ooº° grin
I did tell dem d same thing here Ooº° , when the EO was saying accreditation ends by 12 and that the cardreader is 100percent reliable!
I go dash dem d ballot box sef Ooº°
Happy Sunday!

Brotherly, wetin man go do.

We gave these men some ideas on how to prevent these failures, they were forming it has taken care of. Before one yeye corps member just bring out pvc to test wetin we dan de talk since. Card reader mess up! Everybody wan die with laughter!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by zicoraads: 10:13am On Mar 08, 2015
VickJames:

If the national assembly didn't do anything about this card readers, these people will go ahead with it.
The idea of the card reader is a very good one. But the problem is the limited data base given to polling unit. Can u imagine that they've not given the public any information about their polling units? These people's polling unit might not even be close to their place of residence and they'll have to go far to vote and this is a verification process that will only span for 4hrs. Therefore, other people will go to blazes.

Let them get the exercise right, because people might not be happy at the end of the process.

Its a good development, because rigging will be very low.
I would stop arguing with them if I were you. Because most of them don't get it. All they know how to do is shout 'Sai Buhari'. When an argument goes above that, they lack what to say.

I bet you, the violence that would have trailed the use of those machines if election day was the first time they were being tested would have been massive. How could they have justified disenfranchising people in Buhari's Kano? And Jega was busy shouting 'we are ready'.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by poundlander: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2015
Adyrin:
Fresh party recruiting old thieves....Atiku, Oshiomole, Amaechi et. al.......
Wise up Ooº° guy
its not about an individual, its about a system that works. the mantra is CHANGE, the Party is PROGRESSIVE. Get knowledge guy.
Re: INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience by balladin: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is a mock election for Pete Sake so 100% success shouldn't be expected. The test was successful here in lagos but failed in kano, inec will now have to work their _asses out to identify the cause of the card reader failure in Kano so that necessary corrections can be implemented.
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm because inec still have about 20 days to make their necessary corrections
You have less than 3 weeks to make corrections and organise another mock to test the corrections, and you're here typing rubbish, you drink OMO?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK / Wike Speaks After His Re-Election: I Cannot Totally Say I Am A Happy Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.