Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting - Jobs/Vacancies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting (443824 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide) / Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / New Opening: Stanbic IBTC Is Now Also Recruiting Entry Level Enquiry Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 4:03pm On May 21, 2015
primeson1:
as stated, i think it has to do with more years of experiece are needed for your role flow

it will all end in praise....dont fret grin

Primeson, the role said 2 - 3 years experience, I am approaching a decade of experience.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by primeson1(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2015
hmmmmmm....fingers crossed
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by podada(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2015
Then I think you are too qualified for the role then...thank God u have a job and haven't resigned from the present one...Chins up brof!!!
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Shemmyglo(f): 6:15pm On May 21, 2015
flowwolf09:

Yea I know but not me. The mail said I will be considered for another vacancy. so medicals is not the case. I have had my closure in my heart and moved on. I wish them well.
Haaa, dis is serious. Its well sha
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Iolo(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2015
18wheeler:

So sorry I didnt. Will do today unfailingly. Hope it wont be late. So sorry.

From the JD I was sent. It's a role under the Head of Operations and then Manager Change Control.

What's working in operations like?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by 18wheeler: 7:34pm On May 21, 2015
flowwolf09:

Yea I know but not me. The mail said I will be considered for another vacancy. so medicals is not the case. I have had my closure in my heart and moved on. I wish them well.
Since you're so certain then the message may have been misdirected. Please mail PBBresourcing and find out.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ckuteg(f): 8:35pm On May 21, 2015
flowwolf09:

Yea....its possible it could have been a mistake. ...maybe u should call to find out...cos it just doesn't mk sense...not after gettin to medical stage.....It could be a mistake...it happened to someone...cos they called the person back and rectified it

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Iolo(m): 11:22pm On May 21, 2015
ckuteg:

Yea....its possible it could have been a mistake. ...maybe u should call to find out...cos it just doesn't mk sense...not after gettin to medical stage.....It could be a mistake...it happened to someone...cos they called the person back and rectified it

This can be really painful. I mean why get to the last stage only to be rejected. Please send them a mail to be sure.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 7:45am On May 22, 2015
18wheeler:

Since you're so certain then the message may have been misdirected. Please mail PBBresourcing and find out.

I called the guy doing our recruitment he dint pick and called me back saying I should be patient that they will get back to me.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 7:46am On May 22, 2015
Iolo:

This can be really painful. I mean why get to the last stage only to be rejection. Please send them a mail to be sure.

Thanks for this info, I am somewhat certain its a mistake.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 8:12am On May 22, 2015
ckuteg:

I am using available means to reach HR.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ckuteg(f): 8:46am On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

I am using available means to reach HR.

Good.......don't worry...it will be fine..
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Emmasonic4me: 9:07am On May 22, 2015
18wheeler:

You seem to have a link to privileged info in this recruitment affairs. I missed the interview/exco chat invite for business banker cos the notification interval was too short and I have to travel from Ph to Lag. I sent them a mail asking for a reschedule but have not heard from them since then. Do u think they will honour such request or should I erase it from my mind and move on? Please advice!
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by gsleek(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

now this is scary.....after medicals?
I don't have any banking experience o ...and I applied for enquiry officer....they sent me invite for personal banker....done two interviews in pH...I'm now invited for another EXCO chat in Lagos, should I ask them to change it back to the enquiry officer or still proceed with the personal banker? cos it wont be funny after medicals dem come start to they give story oo...@18wheeler...wat do u think?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 10:38am On May 22, 2015
gsleek:

I don't have any banking experience o ...and I applied for enquiry officer....they sent me invite for personal banker....done two interviews in pH...I'm now invited for another EXCO chat in Lagos, should I ask them to change it back to the enquiry officer or still proceed with the personal banker? cos it wont be funny after medicals dem come start to they give story oo...@18wheeler...wat do u think?

Dont worry, the process for recruitment ends with offer letter, which happens after medicals. The case that concerns me is very peculiar, it does not happen.

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by TheeRevelation: 10:43am On May 22, 2015
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 10:51am On May 22, 2015
TheeRevelation:
Anybody for Asset Custodian??

Have u done your Exco Chat
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ckuteg(f): 10:54am On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

Dont worry, the process for recruitment ends with offer letter, which happens after medicals. The case that concerns me is very peculiar, it does not happen.

Aww.....I admire ur strength. ...I love the way you are able to stay cool and calm amidst all...
That's very encouraging for others..so who says you dont deserve the best....like seriously any organization would be so fortunate to have u in their workforce....

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by TheeRevelation: 10:56am On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

Have u done your Exco Chat

I just got Interview/Exco Invite for monday.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Emmasonic4me: 10:57am On May 22, 2015
ckuteg:

Aww.....I admire ur strength. ...I love the way you are able to stay cool and calm amidst all...
That's very encouraging for others..so who says you dont deserve the best....like seriously any organization would be so fortunate to have u in their workforce....

You're right! Some folks would have started raining insults and curses on the peeps handling the recruitment. In all, being aggressive doesn't change a thing.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 11:00am On May 22, 2015
TheeRevelation:

I just got Interview/Exco Invite for monday.

That's good. Hope you have banking experience and in operations. that will be the main decider.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mintek: 11:06am On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

Very peculiar indeed. There's however consolation in the fact that another look-in (for other fitting roles) was promised you. Going by that mail, all hope is not lost just yet.

I believe they'll make you a fresh offer...let's just pray their eventual offer meets your expectations.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ruffp: 11:27am On May 22, 2015
it takes a lot of time to schedule an interview, i.e getting the panel together, taking time away from their primary duties etc in order to meet their prospective hires. Also consider the cost implication of putting together that recruitment panel (immediate and remote cost). Now when invites are sent out, they are sent to a number of people...most times far beyond the actual no. they hope to hire. In which case, they would weigh the nos. of declines/rescheduled and try to ascertain if the nos are significant enough (compared to those that accepted) to honor that request taking note of the premise above. If the nos. are insignificant, the possibility of you being called is greatly reduced.

If u have gone thru some stages in the recruitment process and you couldn't make a certain invitation, they begin to weigh the significance of the invitee....i.e who initiated the need for that vacancy...if it was initiated at the branch level, they would probably reschedule cause there is a reason for a branch to recommend a prospective hire for absorption...if its a blanket recruitment initiated by H/O HR, the tendency u might not get a reschedule is higher because they know that because of the nos. of invitees and the need to prune them down, they believe they still stand a chance of getting the right cadre of staff from the ones left - taking note of the nos of those that would make it viz-a-viz the no. of gaps they intend to fill, as well as the possibility that they still have a good no. of recruit-able hands based on the CV and the presentation made by such staff in previous interviews and of cuz the reason behind ur inability to meet up with the initial date in the 1st place (100% attendance for a test/interview isn't always possible). Bottom-line, its best to try meet up with set dates, no matter how tight except of cuz its not an open recruitment.

As per the medical issue, its really not a big deal...i know many that had their recruitment process discontinued after medicals....sometimes it could be as a result of communication gaps within the HR dept or a result of failure in medicals. Medicals doesn't just end with usual blood test for some institutions as they also have indicators they look out for but lets leave that aside. Its difficult to know exactly the issue as they would not officially communicate such lapses (if any) in their correspondence with you and wouldn't tell u that its because of some medical condition discovered....that is a ticket for lawsuit as there are laws against such discriminatory action by employers.

It is however not a done-deal as they could indeed call you up for another position...which would clearly indicate that there was probably an oversight in the processing of your recruitment between the last interview and the call for medicals in terms of placing you were you best fit within the organization as they highlighted in the case being discussed. I know some who were given offer letters months after their recruitment was 'discontinued' in such manner....nothing is impossible. keep the faith. Who knows, when they do call u, u would be somewhere else with a better package than they are offering.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by flowwolf09: 11:41am On May 22, 2015
ruffp:
it takes a lot of time to schedule an interview, i.e getting the panel together, taking time away from their primary duties etc in order to meet their prospective hires. Also consider the cost implication of putting together that recruitment panel (immediate and remote cost). Now when invites are sent out, they are sent to a number of people...most times far beyond the actual no. they hope to hire. In which case, they would weigh the nos. of declines/rescheduled and try to ascertain if the nos are significant enough (compared to those that accepted) to honor that request taking note of the premise above. If the nos. are insignificant, the possibility of you being called is greatly reduced.

If u have gone thru some stages in the recruitment process and you couldn't make a certain invitation, they begin to weigh the significance of the invitee....i.e who initiated the need for that vacancy...if it was initiated at the branch level, they would probably reschedule cause there is a reason for a branch to recommend a prospective hire for absorption...if its a blanket recruitment initiated by H/O HR, the tendency u might not get a reschedule is higher because they know that because of the nos. of invitees and the need to prune them down, they believe they still stand a chance of getting the right cadre of staff from the ones left - taking note of the nos of those that would make it viz-a-viz the no. of gaps they intend to fill, as well as the possibility that they still have a good no. of recruit-able hands based on the CV and the presentation made by such staff in previous interviews and of cuz the reason behind ur inability to meet up with the initial date in the 1st place (100% attendance for a test/interview isn't always possible). Bottom-line, its best to try meet up with set dates, no matter how tight except of cuz its not an open recruitment.

As per the medical issue, its really not a big deal...i know many that had their recruitment process discontinued after medicals....sometimes it could be as a result of communication gaps within the HR dept or a result of failure in medicals. Medicals doesn't just end with usual blood test for some institutions as they also have indicators they look out for but lets leave that aside. Its difficult to know exactly the issue as they would not officially communicate such lapses (if any) in their correspondence with you and wouldn't tell u that its because of some medical condition discovered....that is a ticket for lawsuit as there are laws against such discriminatory action by employers.

It is however not a done-deal as they could indeed call you up for another position...which would clearly indicate that there was probably an oversight in the processing of your recruitment between the last interview and the call for medicals in terms of placing you were you best fit within the organization as they highlighted in the case being discussed. I know some who were given offer letters months after their recruitment was 'discontinued' in such manner....nothing is impossible. keep the faith. Who knows, when they do call u, u would be somewhere else with a better package than they are offering.

@ruffp. I love your brilliant comments. I think it is a communication gap in the HR department. Because the HR guy called me after sending the mail for medical examinations and discussed the location of the vacancy and if I am OK with it. I said Yes it is my home state. Anyways, what will be will be. Best regards.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ryd3(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09 I think u should just be hopeful. A direct mail to your contact person too could help. I dont believe this matter wld go down d drain

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by pearlzy92(f): 12:21pm On May 22, 2015
Flowwolf09 I believe its a mistake... It will be fine
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by 18wheeler: 1:46pm On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

I called the guy doing our recruitment he dint pick and called me back saying I should be patient that they will get back to me.
Wow!! Thats good to hear. Good luck
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by 18wheeler: 1:50pm On May 22, 2015
gsleek:

Please proceed with the personal banker. Its not much different from enquiries role.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by 18wheeler: 1:57pm On May 22, 2015
Iolo:

From the JD I was sent. It's a role under the Head of Operations and then Manager Change Control.

What's working in operations like?
Cange and enabling functions are a collection support roles that deal branch transactions from a centralized location. Account maintenance unit, IT, OPC and the like fall under this group. Some transactions cannot be proccessed at the branch so they are sent to the relevant unit of the enabling functions group. Feel free to as further.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by gsleek(m): 2:25pm On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

*sign of the cross* amen....God help us all......
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by TheeRevelation: 2:44pm On May 22, 2015
flowwolf09:

That's good. Hope you have banking experience and in operations. that will be the main decider.

Thanks. What role did u apply for?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by ude25: 2:44pm On May 22, 2015
Thank you for making out time to chat with us with regards to the role in our Personal and Business Banking Unit.
The feedback from the interview is that you are a strong candidate. However, in view of the role in question and the required profile for the potential hire, we would be progressing with a stronger candidate with more years of related experience.
Based on your experience and profile, we will be willing to consider you for other suitable vacancies within the unit. If that is okay by you, we shall retain your details on our database and contact you once we commence the review of the other roles.
Again, thank you for your interest and time.
Kind regards,
Resourcing Unit

This was the mail I received, I was interviewed for enquiry officer role, I just hope this is a mistake. Stanbic plz don't do this to me, my hope was already high.
Plz guys what do u think I should do, I was actually expecting invite for a chat only to receive this mail. Do they send regret mails after interview or chat? I don't even know what to think again. @ 18wheeler plz say something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (130) (Reply)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.