Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,155 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport (613 Views)

Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics / Thieves Stole My N12Million Cash, Saraki Says - Premium Times / Airport Cleaner On N7,800 Monthly Salary Returns Missing N12 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by bethelmendels(m): 7:01am On Mar 10, 2015
VOICE OF CHANGE NETWORK INT'L REWARDS THE CLEANER WHO FOUND AND RETURNED N12MILLION IN LAGOS INT'L AIRPORT

Mrs Josephine Ugwu,the cleaner who found and returned N12 million at the Lagos Int'l airport will not forget Monday,the 9th day of March in a hurry,because it was a day that a Lagos- based Humanitarian organization,Voice of Change Network Int'l, decided to put a smile on her face.While some commended her for her honesty in returning the said amount considering the fact that she was earning a paltry sum of #7800 in a month,others have taken to calling her some derogatory names,condemning her for her seeming "stupidity" in not taking the money for herself.
However,a Non-Denominational,Non-Religious,and Non-Governmental Organization,Voice of Change Network,decided to practically demonstrate their support and approval of the woman's act of honesty and integrity by visiting her at her work station,and presenting a cash gift to her .

Speaking at the occasion,the International Coordinator of the organization,Mr Gregory Azemobor said "Our mission as an organization is to encourage people all over the world to do good.Anyone who follows his/her conscience and does good to his brother and sister is a celebrity.Josephine is a celebrity.In fact,she is the true celebrity,because she has taught the world that it's possible to maintain one's integrity in a corrupt,greedy,and selfish world.Our mission is to raise a generation of men and women who will propagate,promote and model positive character and virtue in all areas of life.We are here to create a relationship with her,because we want to know her better,where she lives,her children,so we could empower them,and assist them materially and otherwise.She is a true heroine.We are looking for more people like this who will stand for what is right"

Speaking further, Mr Azemobor said " what we are doing today is to appreciate, celebrate and reward good conduct and we sincerely hope that this gesture will inspire others to toe the line of moral uprightness. we need people like Mrs Ugwu in position of authority who will not selfishly enrich themselves at the detriment of the welfare of others"
He also called on public spirited individual to do likewise in appreciating a moral icon in the person of Mrs Josephine Ugwu
Mrs Ugwu , who is an employee of PATOVILKI industrial cleaning company, on the 23rd of January 2015, while going about her normal cleaning activities at the passenger lounge of the airport had found a package containing some dollars and other foreign currencies totaling 12 million Naira.Knowing fully well that the money was forgotten or misplaced by a passenger,she,according to the orientation she was given when she got the job about three years ago,took the money to the security,who informed the airport authorities.Ironically,the owner of the money surfaced some minutes later,and after ensuring the money was complete,just took a long look at Mrs Ugwu,and walked away,without a word of appreciation.What a world!
Responding to the superlative show of love and goodwill,Mrs Ugwu thanked the coordinator and members of Voice of Change for the cash gift,and words of encouragement.She also reiterated her decision and determination to live right and to continue in doing good.

www.vocinternational.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-Change-Network-Intl/322820661249115

Re: A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by GboyegaD(m): 7:04am On Mar 10, 2015
Glad she is celebrated. Who was the lady whose pictures went viral initially?
Re: A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by DonaldGenes(m): 7:06am On Mar 10, 2015
Stories like this makes me smile and to proudly Beat my chest and say "I'm proud to be a Nigeria"

But, on a second thought, how the "F" can someone intentionally forgets his or her 12m bugz? This is quite a colossal amount of cash? I mean, was the person drunk or hypnotized or what? It sounds absolutely grotesque
Re: A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by clevvermind(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2015
How many of us can do what the woman did? Honesty is still the best policy.
Re: A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by DrLee(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2015
I wish I can give this woman something too. she is really making me have faith in this country.
Re: A Cleaner Who Earns N7,800 Found And Returned N12million In Lagos Int, L Airport by falconey(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2015
With the rate of unemployment,poverty. Is even hard to make 200naira a day in this country. 12million naira? Madam you suppose get second thought.

Anybody who dare QUOTE me I will show you the DEFINITION OF HELL!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

When A People’s Natural Inclination To Hospitality Is Threatened To Be Betrayed. / What Will It Cost Us To Do Away With This Status Quo / Will ISIS Presence In Nigeria Boost A Buhari Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.