Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

How Buhari Restored Our Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Restored Our Economy (2427 Views)

PDP: Niger Delta Avengers Destroying Our Economy / Peace Restored At Mile 12 As Security Personnel Take Over Trouble Region. Photos / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Election Postponement & Its Effect On Our Economy (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 7:39am On Mar 10, 2015
BUHARI AND THE NUMBER OF PERSONS RETRENCHED PER STATE and INSTITUTIONS:
Anambra - 1,642
Cross River State - 503
Imo State - 7, 143
Rivers State - 148
Ondo State - 3. 215
Oyo State - 10,000
Ogun State - 3, 433
Lagos State - 236
Bendel State - 8, 891
Kwara State - 6, 003
Niger state - 2, 570
Benue State - 6, 553
Borno State: 461
Bauchi State - 433
Sokoto State - 458
Gongola State - 10,000
Kaduna - 4, 847
Abuja (FCT) - 275
Police - 2, 621
Ministry of External Affairs - 116
Ministry of Security Organisation - 64
Airways - 615
Federal Media House - 873
National Assembly
NEPA - 625
Nigerian External Telecommunications - 529
Federal Civil Service - 3,255
Aviation - 1,009
Central Bank - 140
FEDECO and CODE of Conduct Bureau - 2,000
Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) - 600
Nig, Institute of Foreign Affairs - 40
Kaduna Refinery - 86
Nigerian Ports Authority - 2000
“From the time they came to power with promises of “restoring the economy”, nearly half a million workers have lost their jobs”. Those are words of the Mobilisation Committee of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC). It can be found on Bulletin No. 1, of 1984. When General Muhammed Buhari became Head of state, something dramatic happened:
The price of Nescafe (medium size) was N1.00 (in 1983, but by the end of 1984 it was N6.00; Tomato puree (standard size) was 50K!, by the end of 1984 it was N1.50k; sugar moved from 70k to N3.50; Detergent (small size) moved from 30k to N1.50k; Beer (standard) moved from 72K to N1.50k; bag of rice moved from N80.00 to n250.00: Lactogen (medium) moved from 5.00 to N16.00; NAN moved from N6.00 to N22.00".
30,000 from the Military

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by madridguy(m): 7:44am On Mar 10, 2015
Noted.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by KwoiZabo(m): 7:46am On Mar 10, 2015
30,00 Military personnel were also retrenched.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by dhardline(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked....buhari but why did you have to do that?

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2015
dhardline:
shocked shocked shocked....buhari but why did you have to do that?
Ask Gbawe2, he is his spokesperson here. He tries to twist every truth to favour him.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Buhari crashed Nigeria's GDP from 35.45billionUSD in 1983 to 28.87billion USD when he was chased out in 1985, the economy would have crumbled if buhari had remained in power. The inflation rate during his tenure was outrageous, too bad so many Nigerian youths don't know this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth, Seun, Kenai (the archive), Firefire, Anonimi, ellechrytal, truckpusher, Obiagelli, berem etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by bamog(m): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2015
grin shoki ahn!! Shoki ahn!!! March4buhari

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 10, 2015
agabaI23:
30,000 from the Military

Is it not great that a regime cut down on our civil service while the private sector has lost thousands of jobs under gej's administration.

Please remind how many nepa staffs lost their jobs to privatisation.

Hypocrisy and empty-headedness of these pdp supporters is astonishing. It takes a fool to follow a fool.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Vicotex(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2015
customized13:
Buhari crashed Nigeria's GDP from 35.45billionUSD in 1983 to 28.87billion USD when he was chased out in 1985, the economy would have crumbled if buhari had remained in power. The inflation rate during his tenure was outrageous, too bad so many Nigerian youths don't know this.
the funniest part was that, he was chased out like a church RAT

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 10, 2015
customized13:
i would like to see our Gdp at the end of this year following the recent oil prices.

Same for 1983 - 1986

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Firefire(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2015
I am tired of talking or discussing about a failed entity.

No vacancy in Aso-rock and the message is clear to all.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan remains Nigeria president till 2019.

God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:17am On Mar 10, 2015
agabaI23:
Ask Gbawe2, he is his spokesperson here. He tries to twist every truth to favour him.
If you want to attack Buhari, you're free. But don't give us a misleading topic/headline.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Vicotex(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If you want to attack Buhari, you're free. But don't give us a misleading topic/headline.
sorry.

Tbh this kinda heading can pain, when you realise the OP is just a troll
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by dgr8truth(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2015
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Is it not great that a regime cut down on our civil service while the private sector has lost thousands of jobs under gej's administration.

Hypocrisy and empty-headedness of these pdp supporters is astonishing. It takes a fool to follow a fool.
Obiagelli, it appears you did not look at the clips attached? You only talked about the military? Do you know the number of people retrenched from civil service?

You remind me the number that lost their jobs. Note that any NEPA staff that lost job was paid off and so many of them were retained. They were paid upto 10 years salary once and others were paid their gratuity. Many were retained by the current gencos and discos. You don't have an argument

Now let me tell you what happened to private sector under Buhari

1. Buhari closed the border starving the companies of raw materials without making local arrangement for supply.
2.Many companies either downsized or closed shop while the remaining relocated to other countries as result.
GEJ is banning the importation rice gradually while boosting local production of rice. You know the trend of rice price was flat last year. The same with Autopolicy kick off which was postponed to give room for increased capacity of the auto industry. Local productivity improved 50% as was reported few days ago.
The financing solution has been finalised and will be rolled out before year end.

3. He met the naira at 76k to a $1 and left it at 89k to $1
4. Government savings fell from 24% of the GDP in 1980 to 12% of the GDP in 1985

5. Buhari cannot be compared.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by anonimi: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Why do you people always think of violence, war, insults etc?

How does sharing information about an applicant become an attack

Hope you can explain.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
Vicotex:

sorry.

Tbh this kinda heading can pain, when you realise the OP is just a troll
It should not pain you. He said in one interview that he still has the magic of 1983-1985

So why are you not happy with me giving you the details of the era?
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Another empty head on the loose, i would like to see our Gdp at the end of this year following the recent oil prices.

Same for 1983 - 1986
even in the midst of the fall in crude oil price, Nigeria's economy has not failed to be internationally recognized under this administration, the economy is still regarded as one of the most prolific in the world.

Please, quit using denigrating words on me, I respect you, don't lose the respect...thanks
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Controlled(f): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
customized13:
even in the midst of the fall in crude oil price, Nigeria's economy has not failed to be internationally recognized under this administration, the economy is still regarded as one of the most prolific in the world.

Please, quit using denigrating words on me, I respect you, don't lose the respect...thanks

but u r an empty head....... grin grin ...no need to denigrate what is already denigrated..... grin grin grin
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Another empty head on the loose, i would like to see our Gdp at the end of this year following the recent oil prices.

Same for 1983 - 1986
Then I don't want anybody using the fall in naira value as a campaign chewing stick since you dont want the same used on your candidate. Both issues are as result of fall in oil price.

Even at that, this government has done so well to diversify the economy that it has not affected the GDP that much such that it is still the number one investment destination in Africa, 6th(Blooberg), 3rd(CNN) growing economy in 2015.

While one had policies that worsened the situation such
1. Physical price control that ran many SME out business because they were forced to sell below cost price
2. Foreign currency decree that created scarcity for $ leading to large volumes of naira chasing after the unavailable dollar.
How can you continue to defend the indefensible?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2015
Controlled:

but u r an empty head....... grin grin ...no need to denigrate what is already denigrated..... grin grin grin
Go and die, its not my fault that the truth hurts you.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Truckpusher(m): 9:05am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

You're a complete dunce and engaging you would be an absolute waste of time.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2015
agabaI23:
Then I don't want anybody using the fall in naira value as a campaign chewing stick since you dont want the same used on your candidate. Both issues are as result of fall in oil price.

Even at that, this government has done so well to diversify the economy that it has not affected the GDP that much such that it is still the number one investment destination in Africa, 6th(Blooberg), 3rd(CNN) growing economy in 2015.

While one had policies that worsened the situation such
1. Physical price control that ran many SME out business because they were forced to sell below cost price
2. Foreign currency decree that created scarcity for $ leading to large volumes of naira chasing after the unavailable dollar.
How can you continue to defend the indefensible?

We will wait to see Gdp figures at the end of the year.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2015
customized13:

Sorry for those words, i will edit it.

This administration is currently slashing budget proposals due to falling revenue. Its bad blood to accuse buhari's regime while you praise this one when the later is worst hit.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 10, 2015
agabaI23:
Obiagelli, it appears you did not look at the clips attached? You only talked about the military? Do you know the number of people retrenched from civil service?

You remind me the number that lost their jobs. Note that any NEPA staff that lost job was paid off and so many of them were retained. They were paid upto 10 years salary once and others were paid their gratuity. Many were retained by the current gencos and discos. You don't have an argument

Now let me tell you what happened to private sector under Buhari

1. Buhari closed the border starving the companies of raw materials without making local arrangement for supply.
2.Many companies either downsized or closed shop while the remaining relocated to other countries as result.
GEJ is banning the importation rice gradually while boosting local production of rice. You know the trend of rice price was flat last year. The same with Autopolicy kick off which was postponed to give room for increased capacity of the auto industry. Local productivity improved 50% as was reported few days ago.
The financing solution has been finalised and will be rolled out before year end.

3. He met the naira at 76k to a $1 and left it at 89k to $1
4. Government savings fell from 24% of the GDP in 1980 to 12% of the GDP in 1985

5. Buhari cannot be compared.
Lol, you talk about government savings falling by 12% under buhari's administration that had fallen oil prices to contend with, while gej has enjoyed 4yrs of record oil prices yet our excess crude account and reserve are no where to be found. Abeg i no fit laugh.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Vicotex(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2015
agabaI23:
It should not pain you. He said in one interview that he still has the magic of 1983-1985

So why are you not happy with me giving you the details of the era?
abeg you gej the YouTube link to the interview?
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

This administration is currently slashing budget proposals due to falling revenue. Its bad blood to accuse buhari's regime while you praise this one when the later is worst hit.

Oga; you fail to understand the difference and drift. Buhari went for a coup d'etat and deceived Nigerians into believing that he has the magic wand to turn around the economy but in reality; he was only interested in the power. Hence, he ended up muddling up everything and messing up the economy with the attendant hardship on the citizenry.

But in Jonathan; he knew what to do hence; the citizens aren't losing much sleep so to say on the economy. He's diversifying the economy with its attendant impact being that food prices have remained maximally flat; inflation remains on a single digit; local production is growing; & investments are coming.

In a nutshell, the difference between the two are like night and day. Buhari didn't know what to do then in his prime. Is it now with age and technology all against him that he will fare better Certainly NO!!!
Jonathan knew what to do and is doing it hence, we are moving on and being reckoned as one of investors utmost target in 2015 even with these challenges. Kindly acknowledge Jonathan as an achiever bro...

One of your best material in APC by name Rochas Okorocha is about ending his four year term without attracting a SINGLE industry of worth to Imo state(I challenge you or any of his supporters to contradict this stance). But rushes out to criticize Jonathan for something he doesn't even have an answer to. So much for hypocrisy, lies, and propaganda.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Any reasonable government will do that in the midst of the devaluation of her major source of revenue, but the difference between this government and buhari's regime is the diversification of the economy, this government has made significant steps in diversifying our economy. Some of the polices that emanated during buhari's government were not consolidated with adequate measures, the border blockade for example was not consolidated with effective local alternatives. His policies led to great economic woes for the country, the inflation rate amplified and the suffering was much, in the midst of all these, buhari's administration can hardly boast of a capital it executed.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
customized13:
Any reasonable government will do that in the midst of the devaluation of her major source of revenue, but the difference between this government and buhari's regime is the diversification of the economy, this government has made significant steps in diversifying our economy. Some of the polices that emanated during buhari's government were not consolidated with adequate measures, the border blockade for example was not consolidated with effective local alternatives. His policies led to great economic woes for the country, the inflation rate amplified and the suffering was much, in the midst of all these, buhari's administration can hardly boast of a capital it executed.
Let's wait to see gdp figures for this year before we continue this diversification argument.
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by agabaI23(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Let's wait to see gdp figures for this year before we continue this diversification argument.
In other words, you acknowledge that it has been nice so far. Give kudos to GEJ then
Re: How Buhari Restored Our Economy by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Are you in anyway being pessimistic about the outcome of the GDP?

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Defence Of President Buhari / Return Your Own Loot First. Gej To Buhari..... / Breaking News:fg May Release Names Tomorow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.