Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria (58709 Views)

Biafra Themed Wedding In Enugu (Photos) / The Money Sprayed On This Couple At Their Traditional Wedding in Imo / See The Food A Couple Served Their Guests At Their White Wedding In Benue(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by write2obi(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
kika23:

30k is cheap sef.... Hehehehe you've not heard of 250k?
Heard of Jide of stOla? Guy is gooooooooood but he's damn expensive..250k, minus accommodation ooo! And that must be provided!!
And after giving him 250k. You'll carry the face for how many years? undecided

5 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by stinggy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
bastien:
I dey tell u, too expensive
Not even that. It is too overrated undecided
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by NumberOne2(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nice write up but it is NOT complete. How about the Trad? or was that one free? From experience, 900k - 1M should cover both especially if you can do both on the same day.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by poseidon12: 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:
That means 500k wont even be enuf for my own
Cos I go pay mc. My guest will take appetizer first before main dish
With so many unique things I really want to do that day.
Chei!
I dey pity him in cooladvance

And this is just white wedding o

You pity him? So you will not be taking up some of the expenses?
And you don't have to invite a lot of people to your wedding. Just close friends and family. Our people just like to be flamboyant. This trait is one of the drivers of corruption among us. I wish we can learn simplicity and humility of the western world.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Justfollowit:
Here is one fact, people who hold owanbe parties are mentally ill, period!

There should be two stages to a marriage irrespective of your financial and human resources. Your parlour introduction and the wedding itselfundecided.

Wedding is an intimate event, it should be a friends and family only event. The age when it was all about the society has long past. If we can damn the society on other issues, why should it be different for a wedding undecided

As for me I would rather cook and give out to the homeless the day after the wedding than waste my resources on impressing some strangers.

I am not altruistic but some things scream common sense.
That's how a real woman should be talking and not these ones that would want you to spend your entire fortune trying to impress a people that doesn't add any value to your life.
In my place they've reduced marriage bride price and everything to 250,000 naira unless for those that willingly allow themselves to be scammed in the name of marriage. grin

As for white wedding ,na gun that girl go use drag me enter church. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
headprofiler:
I think 500,000 for a wedding is reasonable but if I totally do not agree with the poster's budget allocation.

Nowadays, couples are becoming wiser with their spending. And if anyone should meet me for wedding planning, I give the following advice.

1. Get married on a week day. That way you will be able to cut down your guest list.

2. Church weddings can be done in the pastor's office. Find out more from your church.

3. Do not print more than 100 wedding invitation cards. Thanks to the internet age, you can get various media to invite your guests.

SO, let me analyse OP's budget:

WEDDING DRESS AND BRIDAL ACCESSORIES- N15,000.

This is a fair price. But I'd advised my client to spend more on this dress, however choosing a Nigerian designer and making a gown she can wear after the wedding.

Wedding Dress and Accessories -N25,000

WEDDING SHOES- she wore a silver shoe she already had. (She didn't change into a reception dress)

I have found out that most brides actually change from their wedding shoes to more comfortable ones during the wedding ceremony. Most new shoes are very uncomfortable as they have not been "broken". My advice, wear a shoe you will be comfortable in.

Wedding Shoes = N7,000

WEDDING RINGS (bride and groom)- N6,500. (You can always buy more expensive rings after the wedding when you have more money)

I agree with the poster, do not intend breaking the bank for wedding rings.

Wedding RIngs =N10,000

the ring got my attention, what kind of ring is 10k, the cheapest gold rings is about 30k
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
Wow, it's good to know we still have ladies with their heads at home, the comments am reading from ladies here signals hope, it's not like am planning not to make a lot of money tho.

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
Acidosis:
women are the most selfish creatures on earth.

N30k for make up; and the guy should put on used shoes

Wicked entities.
lol.. no be new thing Na... see many of them shouting.

some want their wedding ceremony which is just a day to be the talk of the town, many of them don't wanna know how the man will get the money..their mentality is you must be extravagant.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Acidosis:
N32k for ushers?

For those who attend Church services; all you need is - provide food, food, food and food - and your wedding is settled.

Ushering - free
Venue - free (some Churches in Lagos now demand CASH)
Music - Choir (free)
Decoration, Coordination, MC - free

You're basically paying nothing to the Church; in fact, your guests would end up paying the Church via Offering, etc.
true
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt]But (op) u need to tell us where to get those things at cheap prices like u listed, concerning the hall, chairs, tables and canopies.

U can't get those things u listed at cheaper price in some towns maybe in villages will will get those cheap even decorations [/size]
smiley

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
I am more about the quality than the cost, I don't mind paying top dollar if I can afford it. Its once in a life time event. Although I don't want a talk of the town wedding but atleast something to my taste and likeness.
na only u done talk wetin make Sense since ..wedding like your convocation ceremony,is 1 day you'd never forget...upon how I stingy reach for school,concerning taking snapshot on motion ground, till date I still wish I could turn back the hands of time to take more each time I get tagged on pix uploaded by my friends!!!STINGINESS GET LIMIT O!

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Justfollowit:
Here is one fact, people who hold owanbe parties are mentally ill, period!

There should be two stages to a marriage irrespective of your financial and human resources. Your parlour introduction and the wedding itselfundecided.

Wedding is an intimate event, it should be a friends and family only event. The age when it was all about the society has long past. If we can damn the society on other issues, why should it be different for a wedding undecided

As for me I would rather cook and give out to the homeless the day after the wedding than waste my resources on impressing some strangers.

I am not altruistic but some things scream common sense.
it's about choice and what one can afford, to call them mentally ill for choosing to hold a big reception is madness on your part, for God sakes not everyone reasons the same way, there is absolutely nothing wrong in me wanting all my friends to witness by D day, my hubby would want same, our parents would want their friends to witness the day, our siblings would also want their friends to be there, then relatives, co workers, etc, at the end of the day, there is a relationship between the celebrants and guests. If you cannot afford to host them all, then that should be a different case, not saying someone who can afford to conveniently host 1000 or more guests as mentally ill, rubbish.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by stan241(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Tell an igbo man that your price for ushers whether he won't twist your mouth especially if his brothers and sisters children are all grown up..the trend now is holding both trad and white wedding on same day that is after church then its straight to the lady's place to hold both reception/trad...have attended about 3 like that and they happily accomodated both husby's and wifey's people there and then some friends in their town home after every every and could swear such weddings would cost less....oh and wherever she is she should know that the finances for our wedding day will come from "BOTH" of us yes o times are changing 70/30 things that's why guys shouldn't marry ladies who don't have jobs
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by LewisO: 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Herzumpther:
smiley
[size=15pt]Am i lying?

Even some cheap halls are half of that money(500k) now talk of decorations, foods, drinks and cake.

I'm not saying (500k) isn't enough, its very much ok, but nowadays, the husband need to consult a good and competent economist to spend the money well for him because of some greedy wife family not to lavish his hard labor to get the money. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
The woman spent 48,500, while the man spent #5000!

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:

Rants of a ..........
Send me your cv
There is money in this country
Lol there is money in dis country? So how much do u hav in ur personal savings account? Some ladies penchant for flamboyant weddin is unprecedented!
Saddly ''the deification of money has ascended a dangerous crescendo where human spare parts, diabolical rivalry, spiritual poisoning, family feud, voodooistic proclivities and cultic magic have become the major ritualistic paraphernalia and in their wake leaving many people mad, dead, poor, deformed and some as mobile corpses''.
Sincerely speakin, we are having a distant relationship with the truth in this country. We have developed that rare ability to be hypocritical and not so much as give a damn whether we are equally guilty of the things we are blaming on others.
I'm glad u r Nigerian, a graduate like me, wit a job and independent so let's be realistic!
Economic records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future.
Do u bliv any reasonable man wit plans for d future in such economic unstable times will do ur biddin and finance ur weddin fantacies to the fullest with no financial commitment from u? All because u agreed to marry him? Well, good for u! But dnt forget wat they say ''Trust is the first mobility to dissappointment'' cheers.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
That is wat am saying, what is d defination of wedding sef?
vfactor:

Let's be realistic. 50k for wedding ceremony? How many of ur friends will come? Will it hold in ur house? Won't people eat or drink? Except u re organising a wedding get together. Maybe a court marriage and a little party for family n friends in ur wife's parents compound.

The guy that use 500k for his wedding really did well. An average wedding in ph, cost wey more than that. Cos u will rent a hall for 120k to 150k. When u subtract 120 from 500k, what is left?
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by ejikeme(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Sugarpeaches:

J for joystick

this babe dey do me. grin grin
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
greatestman:
the easiest na cash and carry. You pay dowry they give you your wife.

Simple as 'do re mi'.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jenams:
Lol there is money in dis country? So how much do u hav in ur personal savings account?
Saddly ''the deification of money has ascended a dangerous crescendo where human spare parts, diabolical rivalry, spiritual poisoning, family feud, voodooistic proclivities and cultic magic have become the major ritualistic paraphernalia and in their wake leaving many people mad, dead, poor, deformed and some as mobile corpses''.
Sincerely speakin, we are having a distant relationship with the truth in this country. We have developed that rare ability to be hypocritical and not so much as give a damn whether we are equally guilty of the things we are blaming on others.
I'm glad u r Nigerian, a graduate like me, wit a job and independent so let's be realistic!
Economic records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future.
Do u bliv any reasonable man wit plans for d future in such economic unstable times will do ur biddin and finance ur weddin fantacies to the fullest with no financial commitment from u? All because u agreed to marry him? Well, good for u! But dnt forget wat they say ''Trust is the first mobility to dissappointment'' cheers.
u are just speaking English
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by bastien: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
stinggy:

Not even that. It is too overrated undecided
not even that, hungry fellow go waka come

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
Op.. Hope d wedding gown is not that type of material used for burying dead corpse..

#justasking

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Mekzmoney(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
So u want to hav d best wedding in d counry abi? D kind ur frnds would live to remember. Jus know that the more you spend on your wedding, the more likely you’ll end up divorced.
the financial burden incurred by lavish, expensive weddings leads to financial stress for the couple, which ultimately tears the marriage apart. They found that women, in particular, are vulnerable to divorce after expensive marriages: women in couples who spent more on their wedding are more likely to end up divorced than their counterparts who spent less than half that.
So don't think of spending millions in your wedding just because u want to belong, except d man is extremely rich and he wanna show off.
And I believe that u would marry for love and not for wealth.
MzMessiTohBadt:

m nt married,buh m sure i cnt do mine for diz lil amount of money
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:

u are just speaking English
oh really? Becareful not to marry a ritualist, u r from okija so u need no explanation from me on dis very topic.
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
Take your family to hers, pay bride-price, pastor prays for you both, snap pinshures. O pari. All no fit pass 250k.

Why will i organise a whole day of free meal for people who dont care what happens new bride and i after the marraige, maybe na 5yrs gan sef na im i take save d money, e nor consine dem! Mitcheew.

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
MzMessiTohBadt:

m nt married,buh m sure i cnt do mine for diz lil amount of money
swt hrt, u can as well take charge and finance d marriage ceremony. It is not a crime if u do dat. ok!

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
xbernardx:

* wedding gown and accessories for 15k, wedding na once in a life time, na sow una go sow d gown? With d way dollar don run leave naira for back, 15k no go buy gown talk of shoe.

He did not say one should buy wedding gown for 15k. Nice ready made wedding gown is around 75k excluding accessories. RENTING OF WEDDING GOWN IS 10k AND ACCESSORIES IS 5k AFTERALL ITS JUST 1DAY STUFF NA

2 Likes

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Kassidy90(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
want to get marry soon I don't think I need up to that....coz my Yoruba pples way my parent will take care of their guests, likewise my sista n my in - law, as for I don't keep friends so I don't expect much burden.. the only things that can make me spend are my cloth, my wife's cloth , the lists of tins frm my in-law n decoration I don't eat cake so am nt giving anybody cake, no need to pay for field we will use my in -laws front yard..... grin

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
brownlord:

And for wedding that all the witches and wizard, dead and living ancestors will be made present.

I laugh that money won't be enough to buy ALOMO.

Lmao! U be real case o,wch1 is witches and wizards and dead ancestors?! Lmao!

1 Like

Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
chidyhels:
dem broke ass
Complaining over 30k makeup

Get Tara or bmpro, Get Bellanaija to cover the occasion.
Thats how weddings should be. tongue
U get money?
Re: How to Achieve the N500,000 Budget Wedding In Nigeria by folash: 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
jamesbridget13:

* wedding gown and accessories for 15k, wedding na once in a life time, na sow una go sow d gown? With d way dollar don run leave naira for back, 15k no go buy gown talk of shoe.
oga i am renting mine. have no such money to buy any gown. i ll be renting my gown for 10k n trust me its so beautiful
Pls address of the rental shop. Is it in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo Bride Disappears, Fails To Show Up For Her Wedding (Photo) / Groom, Bridesmaids And Groomsmen Rock Face Cap On Wedding Day (Photos) / Mad Man Given A Befitting Burial In Kwara State After His Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.