Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,366 members, 7,850,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. (718 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Posts About The Challenges They Face / Court Martial Demotes Patrick Falola From Major General To Brigadier General / Army Retires Generals, Colonels And A Major over Defence Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by pendy79: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
The trial of senior military officers accused of mutiny during the capture of Baga in Borno State by Boko Haram began yesterday with the officers pleading not guilty to the charges levelled against them.

The officers include Brig-Gen J.O. Komolafe, Cols A. Laguda, V. Ebhaleme, V.O. Ita, I.B. Maina, I. A Aboi, I.M Kabir, M.H. Abubakar, A. A. Egbejule, N. N. Orok, C. A. Magaji, A.O. Agwu, A.J.S. Gulani, O.O. Obolo and A.M. Adetuyi.

Others are Major M.M. Idris, Captains M. Adamu, O. A. Adenaike, M. Gidado, M.M. Clark and S. Raymond, and 2nd Lt S.O. Olowa.

The trial which was earlier postponed three times in a row was carried out behind closed doors amidst tight security at the officers’ mess of the 9th Brigade Headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos.

The 22officers were arrested and indicted for alleged mutiny during the war against the insurgents at the north-eastern part of the country.

A lawyer defending one of the officers on trial, Mr Femi Falana, disclosed to journalists that he was not at the trial venue since the case involving his client, General Komolafe, was not going to be heard.

He said the military authorities had assured him that they would inform him when his client’s case would come up. Falana also admitted representing Brig-Gen Ransome Kuti, though he declined to speak on the matter, since, according to him, his client’s case had not come up.

Lawyer to some of the colonels on trial, Barr Tayo Oyetibo, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), told LEADERSHIP on telephone that the arraignment took place yesterday and that all the accused pleaded not guilty, adding that the case was adjourned till Wednesday and Thursday.

http://leadership.ng/news/416529/mutiny-general-14-colonels-others-deny-charges

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
pendy79:
there are fundamental issues involved when a Brigadier General can be charged for mutiny on the frontline. there is more to the case than meet the eye, I think the press should be allowed to cover the case
Your guess is as good as mine...
Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by pendy79: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
there are fundamental issues involved when a Brigadier General can be charged for mutiny on the frontline. there is more to the case than meet the eye, I think the press should be allowed to cover the case

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by Trailblazer1(m): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 11, 2015
I am glad you are seeing that there is a lot that of things that do not make sense about the whole Boko Haram issue, which means that there is at least a level of deception on the part of the govt.

My beliefas my signature below states is that Boko Haram are paid thugs that are made up Chadian troops and colluding corrupted Nigerian troops.

How can we be sure that the troops on trial are not the patriotic ones, may have refused to collude withour enemies?
pendy79:
Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by seunfly: 1:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Some hypocrite were making notice that Buhari executed drug dealers, armed robbers, corrupt poeple etc yet they were the same people praising the death sentence passed on to innocent soldiers for demanding better fighting armunations, protesting against corruption in the military that lead to the death of the colleagues and fighting against sabotage by the commanders.

Pls let us reason without sentiment before we support or oppose so that we can get the true leaders we deserve.
Re: Mutiny: General, 14 Colonels, Others Deny Charges as they face court martial. by edo3(m): 3:02am On Mar 11, 2015
This world is a wonderful place.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Mercenaries To Take On Boko Haram / India Elderly Nun Gang-raped In School Robbery / PRP Chairman, Balarabe, Blasts Jonathan, Buhari As Second Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.