Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31049 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 11:40am On Mar 11, 2015
customized13:
Heddiot, yet you can't provide Lagos monorail in 8years. Ode
Lagos governing in secrecy.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by davo3286: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2015
VOTE JIM AGBAJE FOR GOVERNOR, LAGOS STATE!!! AMBODE NA WASH.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by kunle75(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
clevvermind:
fashola can lie sha. even the devil is afraid of him. grin

i have not cautioned anyone here Nland b4 but you will be the first ( Shut the Bleep up)

Cant you see it?

Guess you are still living in the past.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by udeh3(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

I think you probably need education and enlightenment of the Law governing Power generation in Nigeria.

It is solely within the purview of the Federal Government of republic of Nigeria and no single state government can generate more than a certain amount without sending it to the National Grid.

Fashola is saying Allow me handle it, I will perform what you think is impossible.

Tinubu did same with ENRON but NEPA said he cannot go ahead without following their guidelines.

It's like you're an engineer. Please what is the meaning of 'national grid' or an interconnected system? I also guessed you know the benefit!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ebony2011(m): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
And you would just be remembered for your campaign promises.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by udeh3(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kingspin:
Do we have people unemploye in Lagos? Why cant Fashola employ them since it easy to do overnite. Do we still have bad roads? etc. Wake up to realistic even Obama cannot change Nigeria in 4 or 8years and that is the fact. We have had the same system for almost 50years and yet no results. We must change that old system. Support the national confab very well if u know what it means and that is the restructing am talking about in this Nigeria. Dont be afraid support it today.

True talk... Nigeria is our only country, nobody will come to change it for us. As much as people are shouting and crying for change, this same opposition party went against the national confab. In a civilized nation, the opposition party engage in a constructive criticism and not destructive. The impact of opposition parties in civilized nations are very obvious and widely felt, they also stand-out as major advisers to the incumbent government.

No president has ever succeeded in organising a national confab as this last one. This is the real change... change that is seen not of propagandas. Our aim as a country should be the implimentation of the recommendation of the confab

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by clevvermind(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
kunle75:

i have not cautioned anyone here Nland b4 but you will be the first ( Shut the Bleep up)

Cant you see it?

Guess you are still living in the past.
abeg, go and sit down in one corner. Mumu.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bidex(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
laudate:

Have you heard of 750MW Olorunsogo IPP Phase II?? And the other NIPP Projects in the country??

Read about it here:

UNA DEY TWIST STORYYYYYY
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by pendy79: 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
udeh3:

It's like you're an engineer. Please what is the meaning of 'national grid' or an interconnected system? I also guessed you know the benefit!

I'm a marine engineer by training so would like to know the context you are asking.

Whether for argumentative purpose or educative?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

You make me laff bro. The first power plant by a state govt was build by peter odili. And he built two with one having a capacity of 150 megawatts. Many states have gone ahead to build their own power plants too. The one in rivers was built,one as far back as 2005. So check r facts bro. If the so called limit does really exist why was rivers able to build one with 150 mw capacity over a decade ago. You build a power plant with a total of 47 mw when other states are building one that can sustain a large no of its inhabitants. 47 mw is too paltry for someone to be boasting that as an achievement.

U mentioned bridges, schools, water works and other state instittions. Which schools are u talking about? Are the public schools in lagos powered by this ipp, which water works bro? And how may bridges?

The plant commenced operations in June 2001 with a total aggregate capacity of 270 MW injected into the national grid.

http://www.lseb.gov.ng/content/aes-power-barge-project

Lagos built the 1st IPP/270MW in Nigeria and it was commissioned in 2001 while the rubbish in your village you are talking about was built was built in 2016.

You people need to get a little education before disgracing yourselves on the internet...

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:

Lagos built the 1st IPP/270MW in Nigeria and it was commissioned in 2001 while the rubbish in your village you are talking about was built in 2006

You people need to get a little education before disgracing yourselves on the internet...

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pioneering Role of Lagos in Power Projects

Being the first state to attempt to break the monopoly of the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), with the initiation of the Enron Power Project on August 1, 1999, coupled with the recent inauguration of a transformer manufacturing factory, Lagos State has maintained its pioneering role in power projects in Nigeria, Ejiofor Alike, writes

Enron Experiment
At the peak of the abysmal performance of the defunct National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), now Power Holding Company of Nigeria(PHCN), Lagos State under the then Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, became the first state to attempt to break the monopoly of the ailing power giant by initiating a giant Independent Power Project(IPP).
On August 1, 1999, the Tinubu-led administration, Yinka Folawiyo Power Limited and Enron Corporation of the United States signed an agreement for an IPP, with the Federal Government as the guarantor.
The barge-mounted electricity generating plant was to be located adjacent to the NEPA’s Egbin Power Station, Nigeria’s biggest power plant.

The generating facility was originally designed to consist of nine barge-mounted combustion turbines with a total net output of 290megawatts of electricity.
The total investment in the business was estimated at $225 million with Enron controlling the majority shares, while Yinka Folawiyo Power Limited, a Nigerian conglomerate, owns the remaining shares in the venture.
By the terms of the agreement as presented by Lagos State, Enron was to generate the power and feed it into the National Grid, with NEPA as the operator that was to receive, transmit and distribute the power, while the State would designate destinations for power supply and market it to consumers.

The state was also to generate bills and pay the accrued revenue into an escrow account from which Enron could draw; while the Federal Government would provide project support, being the guarantor.
However, in January 2001, the AES Corporation announced that its subsidiary had acquired from Enron, a majority interest in the barge-mounted IPP.
AES, a leading global power company has generation, distribution and transmission infrastructure in Georgia, Hungary, India, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, the United States and Venezuela, Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic and El Salvador,
At the time of acquisition by AES, the barges were still under construction and commencement of commercial operations of the power facility was expected in September 2001.

AES was both manager of construction and plant operator; while electricity from the plant was to be supplied to NEPA under a 13.25 year power purchase agreement.
However, since inception, the project was mired in controversy as the state, NEPA and the Federal Government clashed over the implementation of the agreement.
The controversy peaked when Lagos State took the PHCN to the then Dr. Ransom Owan-led board of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), over allegation of breach of supply agreement and wrongful invoicing of the state.
Lagos State had said in the petition to NERC that it had agreed to contribute 21.15 per cent of the Barge Power Purchase Agreement (BPPA) monthly bills on the condition that the power being generated by AES/Enron would be supplied solely to Lagos State.

According to the state government, further to the Contribution Agreement, on 14th November, 2000, it instructed the Federal Ministry of Finance to effect a direct debit of its statutory allocations from the Federation Account for the amount due as its contribution, to the capacity payments.
The state however, said that the instruction was to serve only as further security for payment of its obligations, under the BPPA and could only be effected if it failed to pay a valid invoice.
“In June 2001, the IPP began commercial operations and NEPA began to purchase capacity and energy under the BPPA.
‘However, in clear breach of the BPPA and the spirit of the Contribution Agreement, NEPA failed and or refused to devote any or all of the electrical output of the IPP to customers in the areas designated in the BPPA submitted for its contribution by NEPA,” the state said.

Lagos State also stated that despite the breach of agreement, the Federal Ministry of Finance had continued to deduct its 21.15 per cent contribution from source.
All these show that there is no doubt about the viability and feasibility of the IPP project as envisaged by all the partners, including the Lagos State Government.
The project was viable, feasible and was delivered to meet not only specifications but also international standard.
Today, the AES project is supplying close to 230megawatts to the Egbin Thermal Station, from where the power is feed into the National Grid.

With this additional supply from AES, the total output from Egbin averages 800megawatts when gas is available.
The only issue under contentionwas that the power generated from AES was being transmitted to the National Grid for the use of the entire country, instead of only Lagos and this bordered on alleged failure by parties to honour contractual and business obligations.
Despite the controversy surrounding the Enron power project, the Federal Government still joined Lagos State to see the wisdom in breaking the monopoly of PHCN, hence the massive construction of power plants across the country and the planned privatisation of the ailing utility giant.

Transformer Manufacturing Factory
To maintain its leading role in power projects, Lagos State also became the first state to inaugurate a transformer manufacturing factory built by Elsewedy Electric Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Elsewedy Cables of Egypt.
The company, which has a capacity to produce 1,400 transformers yearly, is located at the Badagry end of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway in Lagos.
Speaking during the inauguration of the project, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola stated that the factory would serve not only Nigeria but other countries in the west coast of Africa.

The Governor disclosed that the factory started producing transformers in February 2010, and also added that the transformers produced by the factory were already strengthening the state government’s rural electrification projects in the state.
“The idea behind this factory did not start today. As Chief of Staff in the last administration, I visited Egypt – I led a government delegation to cairo to start the negotiations. But we could not conclude and it was when I became Governor that we signed the Joint Venture agreement that gave us this project,” he said.
“Elsewedy is an African company. When I left Lagos in 2008 to go to Egypt, this was what I went to do with your time and with your money. Electricity does not fail in Cairo.

“This is the company that generates and manages the electricity of Cairo. It is an African company. They are not only in Cairo; they are in many parts of the Middle East and many parts of Africa. Let us deploy African solutions to African problems,” he explained.
The Governor, who added that what Lagos State had done was not a rocket science, stressed that in many other parts of the world, transformer manufacturing was a cottage industry, adding that the situation should not be different in Nigeria.
Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry, Mrs. Olusola Senapon
Oworu, said the inauguration of the project accentuated the commitment of the state government to the industrial growth and economic prosperity of the state.

The Special Adviser noted that the task of bringing the project to fruition was her first major assignment from Governor, having received the mandate to liaise with Elsewedy Cables of Egypt in November 2007.
She disclosed that the project was a joint venture between the Lagos State Government, 5.26 per cent and the Egyptian firm, 94.74 per cent.
According to her, the inauguration of the project was another manifestation of the successful collaboration with the private sector in project implementation.

“That we are here to commission this project today is no doubt a testimony to the power of vision, the commitment to mission and a product of dedication and hard work by the state government and the Elsewedy Group. To the good people of Badagry, I congratulate you on this achievement. This, coupled with the ongoing expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, has positioned this culturally rich and historically relevant town for unprecedented growth in commercial activities,” she said.

Appeal to President Jonathan
To encourage his state as well as other states to boost local manufacturing of electricity distribution equipment, Governor Fashola also said he had written to the presidency for a downward review of tariffs on the components of transformers and other distribution facilities.
He said a downward review of the tariffs would strengthen the competitiveness of locally-manufactured transformers in the domestic market.

“This is to ensure that these transformers would not be more expensive than imported ones. This is the only way that local firms can grow. If the imported transformers are cheaper, then we will not promote local growth. I want to use this opportunity to appeal to the Federal Government to look favourably and kindly to our requests for a downward review of the tariffs on the imported components of these transformers,” he said.
Governor Fashola said a downward review of these tariffs was one of the ways the Federal Government could use its fiscal policies to promote growth.
The Governor, who also stated that he was waiting anxiously for a positive reply from the Presidency, noted that the measure would reduce unemployment in the country.

He said that there was still much work to be done in the area of distribution of electricity in the country.
According to him, the real difficult part of the electricity sector was the distribution end.
“The reality is that as we take steps to improve the stock of power generation in the country, the power that is eventually generated will have to be distributed to houses and consumers through cables, and transformers and measured through electricity metres in order to facilitate fair and proper billing,” he said.
The Governor noted that regular and efficient electricity remains the only missing infrastructure that was militating against the growth of the economy of this country.
He said the actualisation of the potentials of Nigerians and their freedom from poverty were also being hampered by irregular electricity supply.
Governor Fashola also noted that the unveiling of the roadmap on the power sector would provide opportunities for investors in the sector.

Conclusion
There is no doubt that the construction of captive power plants to cater for designated areas as envisaged by Lagos State in the Enron project is the panacea to the epileptic power supply in the country.
Heavy dependence on the single ‘almighty’ National Grid for electricity supply to all parts of the country has not only made electricity supply epileptic and abysmally mournful, but has also transmitted system failure in one area to all other areas that rely on the grid.

The current effort by President Goodluck Jonathan to break away from the past by encouraging states, local governments and the private sector to participate in electricity generation and distribution is viewed by analysts as a right step in the right direction.
Lagos State has successfully pioneered the involvement of states in power generation and distribution, and it is expected that other states should follow the examples of the State.
The Federal Government should therefore provide the incentives to encourage other states, Local Governments, as well as small and big businesses to generate power for their own use.
Pioneering Role of Lagos in Power Projects

A downward review or outright removal of tariffs on the components of electricity distribution facilities and power plants, such as transformers and gas turbines is one of the ways that the Federal Government can boost the interest of other stakeholders in power projects.
All regulatory impediments such as the requirement for an operating licence from NERC for generation below 10 megawatts should be removed.
Tags: Business

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pioneering-role-of-lagos-in-power-projects/75222/
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by honeyseller291(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Then wat are u waiting Mr man
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by christlife4ever: 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
If Fashola could achieve this fit in the power sector (that was a federal function) in six month, what has stopped him in putting water (that is a state government function) in every home in Lagos state for this past eight years?

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
christlife4ever:
If Fashola could achieve this fit in the power sector (that was a federal function) in six month, what has stopped him in putting water (that is a state government function) in every home in Lagos state for this past eight years?

Another thoughtless comment. The water works couldn't pump out water because of lack of power and this is the reason why he's building power plants to power waterworks.

Your unintelligent question just indicted your useless PDP/FG/GEJ for not providing power to get water to lagosians.

Do they even have waterworks in your village?

2 Likes

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Arogunmasa(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Can state generate power? And where is the gas feed to power plant coming from? Pls enlighten me.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by callmenow: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

Olodo. Stop boasting. You will soon be another has been.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by dlox01(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
[size=13pt]i really don't know about you pdpiglets but while u wallow away with generators and power banks and mosquitoes biting the hell out of you every night and out of frustration come on nairaland to display your ignorance, i am on 247 365 days of electricity ...that,s the difference between you and i, live life on paper work while people that have accepted change are carrying on with their lives as they reap the dividends of democracy.[color=#006600][/color] [/size][size=13pt][/size] grin grin grin
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
callmenow:

Olodo. Stop boasting. You will soon be another has been.
[/s]

Stay off the internet if you have nothing sane, intelligent and sensible to say.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by VickJames(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
clemz88:
guy if person like fasholiar becomes president,even house mouse go dey pay tax . He go kill all of una with tax. If u go to toilet u must pay tax

grin

I dan die!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by udeh3(m): 12:07am On Mar 12, 2015
pendy79:

I'm a marine engineer by training so would like to know the context you are asking.

Whether for argumentative purpose or educative?

"Fashola is saying Allow me handle it, I will perform what you think is impossible". That was some of your statement above. I only ask the question to know whether you actually have a deep insight on the generation, transmission and distribution of power.

From my experience in this field, power is not like the road construction, it's a very rigorous process. If Lagos state generate their power, then what happens if the system short-down as a result of fault, variation of load, transient disturbance and rest?

My I tell you that the generating station in hydro-electric generating station in Kaingi does not implies that what is generated in that station is even used in that state.

The best practice in power system generation is to send what you're generating to the grid or nation control centre for proper Efficency, flexibilty and reliability.

What Fashola is saying is just a mere fallacy, professional, he is saying trash. One should have asked him is plans for power system stability of Lagos state. Don't be deceive, they have No plans!

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 12:38am On Mar 12, 2015
udeh3:

"Fashola is saying Allow me handle it, I will perform what you think is impossible". That was some of your statement above. I only ask the question to know whether you actually have a deep insight on the generation, transmission and distribution of power.

From my experience in this field, power is not like the road construction, it's a very rigorous process. If Lagos state generate their power, then what happens if the system short-down as a result of fault, variation of load, transient disturbance and rest?

My I tell you that the generating station in hydro-electric generating station in Kaingi does not implies that what is generated in that station is even used in that state.

The best practice in power system generation is to send what you're generating to the grid or nation control centre for proper Efficiency, flexibilty and reliability.

What Fashola is saying is just a mere fallacy, professional, he is saying trash. One should have asked him is plans for power system stability of Lagos state. Don't be deceive, they have No plans!

Godbless Nigeria!

To start with Fashola is showing us daily that power generation and transmission is not rocket science or anything to be looked upon like can't do or can't touch. Nothing is impossible if you have the will, determination, desire and sense of duty to carry out your objectives..

1. In the history of Nigeria, Fashola remains the only Nigerian leader to guarantee uninterrupted power supply to state infrastructures and institutions.

2. Lagos state transmits generated electricity via 300 klm state owned underground transmission cable. No state in Nigeria has such dedicated capacity. Bypassing the obsolete National transmission grid to maximize productivity and efficiency is almost half of the work.

3. Lagos state commissioned energy academy to train power technicians to operate and manage the state's power and energy infrastructure including oil and gas. No state in Nigeria has such capacity or institution.

4. Lagos state schools and health institutions are already going solar, meaning more public institutions are getting off the National grid and also reducing the state's carbon footprint.

5. Lagos state manufactures transformers to support power generation and transmission within Lagos state. no other entity in Nigeria has such capacity.

6. The best practice in Nigeria is never to send what you generate with your own money into the National grid just to disappear with zero benefits to the funding local taxpayers. There's just no sense and wisdom here. Lagos state is able to guarantee uninterrupted power supply to state institutions because they manage and send their generated power via their own cable system. They get every MW with nothing lost or mismanaged.

Our transmission system is old, degraded and almost obsolete, we don't get everything we feed into it.

7. If any government in Nigeria can do it, it's Lagos state. They built the first IPP in Nigeria and if our mean spirited and shortsighted FG have left them alone to proceed with their bold and pioneering plan and not sabotage them like they did, you won't be here today questioning their capacity to power Lagos state.

With over 300 klm of underground cable transmission network already in the ground, tested and functioning as designed, with public institutions like hospitals, power works, schools, courts, secretariat and other state institutions off the grid, the work is almost done.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 12, 2015
I love this man Fashola.

He has to be made minister of power now as he has even shown interest in tackling this difficult but important task.

Fashola is not known for empty promises, even today as work continues on Eko Atlantic I am still in awe of the man for attempting such an ambitious project that few developed nations have ever attempted.

(Whilst we have the government promising for 16 years to provide stable electricity. Even the 2nd Niger Bridge tat they have been promising for almost a decade is still only a drawing on paper.)

So when the man Fashola says he can deliver stable electricity in eight months , be rest assured that he has a plan. I just get excited about this prospect.

Please PDP move aside and allow competent people to lead the nation and do the job that you are unwilling or unable to do.

Sirniyeh:
Relax BRF, after may 29, you will be our minister of Power. All your enemies should go and hold transformer.

Fire fire should take note!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by udeh3(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
aresa:

To start with Fashola is showing us daily that power generation and transmission is not rocket science or anything to be looked upon like can't do or can't touch. Nothing is impossible if you have the will, determination, desire and sense of duty to carry out your objectives..

1. In the history of Nigeria, Fashola remains the only Nigerian leader to guarantee uninterrupted power supply to state infrastructures and institutions.

2. Lagos state transmits generated electricity via 300 klm state owned underground transmission cable. No state in Nigeria has such dedicated capacity. Bypassing the obsolete National transmission grid to maximize productivity and efficiency is almost half of the work.

3. Lagos state commissioned energy academy to train power technicians to operate and manage the state's power and energy infrastructure including oil and gas. No state in Nigeria has such capacity or institution.

4. Lagos state schools and health institutions are already going solar, meaning more public institutions are getting off the National grid and also reducing the state's carbon footprint.

5. Lagos state manufactures transformers to support power generation and transmission within Lagos state. no other entity in Nigeria has such capacity.

6. The best practice in Nigeria is never to send what you generate with your own money into the National grid just to disappear with zero benefits to the funding local taxpayers. There's just no sense and wisdom here. Lagos state is able to guarantee uninterrupted power supply to state institutions because they manage and send their generated power via their own cable system. They get every MW with nothing lost or mismanaged.

Our transmission system is old, degraded and almost obsolete, we don't get everything we feed into it.

7. If any government in Nigeria can do it, it's Lagos state. They built the first IPP in Nigeria and if our mean spirited and shortsighted FG have left them alone to proceed with their bold and pioneering plan and not sabotage them like they did, you won't be here today questioning their capacity to power Lagos state.

With over 300 klm of underground cable transmission network already in the ground, tested and functioning as designed, with public institutions like hospitals, power works, schools, courts, secretariat and other state institutions off the grid, the work is almost done.

Hmm... intersting! So why has he not stabilize lagos state in terms of power supply?
May be used go and read about an interconnected system or national grid, it operation and advantages. Before you comment cos you just said tt the governor by-passed the national grid
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by udeh3(m): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
aresa:

Hmm... intersting! So why has he not stabilize lagos state in terms of power supply?
May be you should go and read about an interconnected system or national grid, it operation and advantages. Before you comment cos you just said that the governor by-passed the national grid

Also read about optional power system operation which you claim the lagos government is currently operating on nd please don't fail to compare it with the interconnected system of operation cos I can't just start explaining all that to you now! Just a little research will get you really informed!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by reborn1: 8:45am On Mar 13, 2015
Descartes:
Yet your region remains a brown roof republic grin

But your cursed people cant stop flooding to the so called brown roof republic. It shows you all shall remain cursed forever and ever.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Descartes: 8:51am On Mar 13, 2015
reborn1:

But your cursed people cant stop flooding to the so called brown roof republic. It shows you all shall remain cursed forever and ever.
K
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
aresa:

Kindly name the local schools that are being supplied with power generated from Fashola's IPP. To the best of my knowledge 80% of the primary and secondary schools in Lagos State are NOT being supplied with power from the IPP. Many of them lack clean potable pipe borne water, adequate sanitary facilities and WC. It is far cheaper to provide boreholes, toilets and sanitary facilities in these schools that to set up IPP to power their appliances. Yet, this has not been done in two-thirds of Lagos primary and post-primary public schools. angry

A lot of them cannot recall the last time they had steady electricity supply, since they are all hooked to the national grid. So which schoold did Fashola's IPP supply power to? Kindly let us know. undecided
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
joeyfire:

No mind that houseboy that can't appoin commissioners without tinubu giving him list. Lagos lightrail is two years late, lekki airport no show, potable water no show. This na for small lagos where they have rejected transparency via the FOI Act yet nada to show.

Hehehehe ....! I no know say you sef see am! shocked Abeg, come here and collect a royal handshake for that observation...! grin

They made it compulsory for everyone to install pre-paid meters in my estate for water supply. We did so and bought credit to pay our water bills, via the banks. Yet for the past 2 months, Lagos State Water Corporation have stopped supplying us with pipe borne water despite all our entreaties and repeated visits to their office. angry We brought out all our payment slips and asked them to reconcile our bills and payments made till date, to prove that we are not owing them a dime. They declined, stating that since we now use pre-paid meters they do not have any records on payments made into their account by residents, and as such they cannot carry out any reconciliation! Imagine! shocked

We have all finally decided to construct a borehole in our compound, to save us from further agony. Now Fashola wants to privatise the water supply that does not exist. May God save us from this present government in Lagos.... shocked

Can I get an Amen from somebody...??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Back To Nigeria From AU Summit In South Africa (photos) / Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG / House Of Reps Blasts Bello El-Rufai For Denying Receiving SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.