Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (31048 Views)

Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by tit(f): 1:16am On Mar 11, 2015
surplus2015:

Man if GEJ did well why are we not seeing it for the fact that any state that is under APC for now does state have change from one way to the other GEJ may be a good person but he has alow does under him to spoil his administrations so we have no one to blame but him cos his our president

people are dying of hunger and starvation in osun and ogun and all apc states.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 1:26am On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
laudate:

And your point is... Just what exactly?? Is Fashola's 47MW in 5 years, or 270MW a greater achievement than the 750MW Olorunsogo Phase II IPP Project?

I guess he can always do some abracadabra to stretch the 47MW within 6-8 months to supply uninterrupted electricity to all the 1.6 million homes in Lagos state.
[/s]

All your power plant can not guarantee our hospitals, schools, roads, bridges and public buildings uninterrupted power supply, but Fashola's 47MW can.

So, of what use and relevance is all your obsolete MW and power plant to the people of Lagos and other Nigerians?

It's not about quantity, it's all about quality.

Shallow TaNoid mentality..

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:29am On Mar 11, 2015
surplus2015:

Man if GEJ did well why are we not seeing it for the fact that any state that is under APC for now does state have change from one way to the other GEJ may be a good person but he has alow does under him to spoil his administrations so we have no one to blame but him cos his our president
You're right, from paying workers regularly under PDP in Osun state to five months unpaid salaries under Ogbeni Aregbesola.

All na change.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mufutau55(m): 1:32am On Mar 11, 2015
Stupid political talk. He has been in power for two terms what was holding him back doing that since then.
I am APC for life though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 1:35am On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

All your power plant can not guarantee our hospitals, schools, roads, bridges and public buildings uninterrupted power supply, but Fashola's 47MW can.

So, of what use and relevance is all your obsolete MW and power plant to the people of Lagos and other Nigerians?

It's not about quantity, it's all about quality.

Shallow TaNoid mentality..

Hehehehe...!! There is nothing TANoid about this. Is it everyone that disagrees with the APC spin masters that is a TAN member?? See your shallow mindset...

Just explain how Fashola plans to use his 47MW to supply uninterrupted power to the 1.6 million homes and 15 million residents of Lagos within 6 months, like he boasted!! Chikena! shocked

Forget that hype about using 47MW to supply steady power to all the roads in Lagos...it is a big fat lie! There are still long stretches of roads dotted with street lights in this very Lagos that lack power supply, especially along Lekki-Epe expressway.

Abi, I should take a picture and post it right here for you to see?? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 1:44am On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
laudate:

Hehehehe...!! There is nothing TANoid about this. Is it everyone that disagrees with the APC spin masters that is a TAN member?? See your shallow mindset...

Just explain how Fashola plans to use his 47MW to supply uninterrupted power to the 1.6 million homes and 15 million residents of Lagos within 6 months, like he boasted!! Chikena! shocked

Forget that hype about using 47MW to supply steady power to all the roads in Lagos...it is a big fat lie! There are still long stretches of roads dotted with street lights in this very Lagos that lack power supply, especially along Lekki-Epe expressway.

Abi, I should take a picture and post it right here for you to see?? undecided
[/s]

You are too shallow and ignorant for by breath...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by aresa: 1:45am On Mar 11, 2015
mufutau55:
Stupid political talk. He has vern in power for two terms what was holding him back doing that since then.

How do you do what you don't have the power to do by law and according to the Nigerian constitution?

But you uncles in Abuja have that power, they are the ones responsible and they have embezzled $20 billion power money and we are still in darkness..

Too many ignorant illiterates ..

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by laudate: 1:48am On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You are too shallow and ignorant for by breath...

Oh dear....na so dis matter pain you reach? shocked shocked That you have to resort to insults and uncouth language?? Tsk, tsk, tsk....! undecided
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 11, 2015
did an idiat just say "transform lagos to newyork"?? OMG! Neva knew it was SG ryt to generate power supply...smh
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mufutau55(m): 2:14am On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:

How do you do what you don't have the power to do by law and according to the Nigerian constitution?

But you uncles in Abuja have that power, they are the ones responsible and they have embezzled $20 billion power money and we are still in darkness..

Too many ignorant illiterates ..

I thought each state is finding alternatives power for their state? The Eastern states are doing it.
We should not leave everything to the Federal govt, since we know they are doing nothing.
Regardless, I am still APC for life abd we need change in Nigeria.. and it should start from somewhere.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by tit(f): 2:20am On Mar 11, 2015
mufutau55:
Stupid political talk. He has been in power for two terms what was holding him back doing that since then.
I am APC for life though.

Alfa Bello will deliver you from the bondage of tinubu apc.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by mufutau55(m): 2:24am On Mar 11, 2015
tit:

Alfa Bello will deliver you from the bondage of tinubu apc.

Silky Nigeria political mindset... you are not supposed to be in a Political Party because of one person...
Who says I am in a APC party because of Tinubu?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by neocortex: 3:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Fashola claimed that he has delivered his promise to hand over Lagos treasury to Tinubu.
Do you agree or disagree ?

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ighodalonosa(m): 3:15am On Mar 11, 2015
wisewisewise:
OBVIOUSLY FASHOLA IS VERY CAPABLE AND CONFIDENT. HE CAN DO IT ONLY IF HE WANTS TO.
NOT LIKE MR. CLUELESS CORRUPTION.
SINCE GOODLUCCK ABI BADLUCK CAME, NO RELIABLE POWER SUPPLY. ONLY RELIABLE BLACKOUTS AND ENDLESS EXCUSES WHY THERE IS NO POWER. ALL SORTS OF FUNNY EXCUSES FOR YRARS BUT NO POWER SUPPLY. JONATHAN'S "I WILL DO " HAS FAILED NOT ONLY NIGERIANS BUT THE WORLD

GOODLUCK COMISSIONED 800 MEGAWATTS NOT 8.5 MEGAWATTS MR Fashola. Complete your abandoned road projects in your state b4 u run your mouth. I believed in you Mr FASHOLA b4 now but after being exposed, i now kw u re a THIEF. ole.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by joeyfire(m): 3:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Flets:
Fashola should complete lagos mono rail first even after spending over 10billion dollars

He should stop the empty noise and propaganda.

When independents talk, stooges should hide. Imagine a Tinubu's looting stooge yapping!!!

No mind that houseboy that can't appoin commissioners without tinubu giving him list. Lagos lightrail is two years late, lekki airport no show, potable water no show. This na for small lagos where they have rejected transparency via the FOI Act yet nada to show.

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by akatonero(m): 3:29am On Mar 11, 2015
Idiot....How far lagos?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by OpeDwarroir: 3:30am On Mar 11, 2015
Story for the gods. This is not the first time we are hearing such blabbing. Bola Ige promised the same thing as a minister. Fashola! Hope you've not started sniffing those white stuff with your boss Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by jemype(m): 3:34am On Mar 11, 2015
Bro lets look at it from a development perspective. The only thing i have heard agbaje say he will do in lagos state is to give free internet. If you follow politics very well u will notice that the governorship debate held 4 yrs had smarter candidates than agbaje. Even the pdp candidate was smarter. What do u say about this?
Orunto:
Fash you can do it in one week if you wish, but we are changing you for Jim Agbaje. Lagos, with the Agbajes, is much more safer
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 3:42am On Mar 11, 2015
mufutau55:

I thought each state is finding alternatives power for their state? The Eastern states are doing it.
We should not leave everything to the Federal govt, since we know they are doing nothing.
Regardless, I am still APC for life abd we need change in Nigeria.. and it should start from somewhere.

How many public institutions like hospitals, schools, roads, bridges and so on in the east get uninterrupted power supply? None, zero. But fashola is able to achieve this in Lagos

Do they have power to transmit power to the consumers? No and no state does so what exactly are they doing in the east.? Are they not in darkness like the rest of the country?

Everything other states generate goes into the national grid and sent to other places, but Fashola keeps every MW he generates in Lagos for lagosians and he distributes his power via underground cable netw

The problem with many people here is ignorance, fashola is smart, he's going around the law to sidestep the national grid to keep everything he generates, your states in the east can not do that .

1 Like

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 3:48am On Mar 11, 2015
And talking about alternatives. Schools and health centers in Lagos are going solar. Is this going on in the east and at the federal level too? Capital NO.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by onatisi(m): 3:54am On Mar 11, 2015
These are just cries of a castrated slowpoke .if u can't answer the question I asked .just shaarrrap. [s]
aresa:

Is the issue raised about power or roads or you just like your inability to purvey vision and forward mental capacity, you also lack the ability to read and comprehend simple English words?

Even about your silly focusing on road before power nonsense, is this what the developed societies did? Are you saying the made sure all their roads are constructed and well maintained before focusing on electricity?

In fact, going by your gutter and infantile argument, after 16 years in power and billions stolen, the PDP were waiting to fix all our roads before touching electricity?

Where is the sense in that moronic argument? No wonder your villages haven't commissioned anything since 1999.

Funny how you people have nothing to say about the people responsible for power, the FG and the $20 Billion power funds they stole in return for darkness, but you are siting here castigating folks who are not responsible..

Talk about typical TanOID shallow mentality..

[/s]
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by anonimi: 3:56am On Mar 11, 2015
In the voice of Pa Buhari,

Don't let F-ass-hole deceive you again!

Eight years of ruling Lagos state with IGR increased over 34 times from N7.2 billion in 1999 to N246 billion in 2013, Fashola did not achieve 24/7 power for Lagos state na when im wan comot Alausa House e come dey tell us sey in eight months im fit do am.

He must think we are mugulicious pikins, innit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2199512_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by bensowe(m): 3:59am On Mar 11, 2015
My dear, Biafra war set us back, but look at what Ibos are able to achieve in every sectors apart frm presidency sector. Dont worry we wil soon overtake d SW, dont quote me wrong. Even Lagos is run by us Ibos and u cant beat that. Before i 4got i heard u mentioned OBJ d saint, pls can u tel me one good thing SW benefited during OBJ regime. That remains me that it was an Ibo man (Sen. Ararume) dat stopped him frm going to 3rd term. I believe u knew d story more than i do.
Waiting for E-warriors to quote me......
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Sweetguy25: 4:00am On Mar 11, 2015
It is technically impossible to provide stable electricity to over one million homes in just eight months.
Fashola is either ignorant or he is a liar.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by arresa: 4:05am On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
onatisi:
These are just cries of a castrated slowpoke .if u can't answer the question I asked .just shaarrrap. [s][/s]

Coming from unintelligent dullard with zero capacity to articulate any sane and counter narrative, but the same gutter and roadside utterance like a cheap village stray bingo...
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by onatisi(m): 4:08am On Mar 11, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It is technically impossible to provide stable electricity to over one million homes in just eight months.
Fashola is either ignorant or he is a liar.

the only ppl that will believe him are apc members and supporters. Any right thinking normal person knows that what fashola is saying is impossible .
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by onatisi(m): 4:11am On Mar 11, 2015
[s]

Coming from unintelligent dullard with zero capacity to articulate any sane and counter narrative, but the same gutter and roadside utterance like a cheap village stray bingo... [/quote][/s] dis ur case na mad cow syndrome . Abeg waka go meet ur cattle rearer general
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by fowowe411: 4:19am On Mar 11, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol, if u can, y didn't u do that since?
Abegi.... give I six to eight months ke... in orderwords u r indirectly campaigning for Ambode...
Meaning if he is voted in, the contract will still b in check..
Rubbish, Mr man, u r not diff from every other politician.
Lies lies lies
.mtcheww I don tire for all of una abegi
At some point I thought this man had sense, I had so much regard for him until of resent , I never knew he was this petty with all his noise n rantings, abegi, leave talk for fayose,
sorry to say this, I think you can't really comprehend well!
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by GiantParrot(m): 4:44am On Mar 11, 2015
pendy79:

it sure doesn't require ROCKET SCIENCE as Lagosians can see at the Lagos Island Maternity and all other lagos state owned public institutions on the Island and Street Lights with Traffic Lights linked up to the state powered IPPs.

the IJU water works is on IPP, LASUTH is on IPP, ALAUSA state secretariat is on IPP

I think PDP need to step aside and allow COMMONSENSE REVOLUTION take place in Nigeria.

MODIFIED.
Load of uneducated, misinformed and illiterate comment on this thread.

Power generation is on the Exclusive List of the Federal Government just like Security, Military and INEC.

No state can constitutionally generate more than a certain amount of MWs except THEY WILL SEND IT TO THE NATIONAL GRID FOR OTHERS TO SHARE, so Fashola knows what he is talking about.

LAGOS WON'T STUPIDLY GENERATE POWER FOR JONATAN TO SPREAD, TINUBU TRIED WITH ENRON AND WAS BLOCKED by obasanjo and PHCN.

make PDP comot for road, redemption don come.

This post is quite interesting. If you have the time, could you kindly provide answers to the following questions?

1. What exact part of the constitution requires that power generation up to a certain megawatts must be tied to the national grid? I'd like to know the megawatt threshold
2. What is the estimated power demand for Lagos in megawatts?
3. How long does it take to build a typical power plant? How long did it take to build this 8.4MW IPP - was it under 8 months? How long then do you think it will take to build generation plants that will meet the estimated power demand in Lagos state?
4. What is the capacity of the existing power distribution infrastructure in Lagos state? Can it meet the estimated demand? If not, how much and how long do you think it will take to expand the distribution infrastructure to meet the power demand?
5. What exactly does steady power supply mean - how many hours a day are we looking at here?

Thanks in anticipation for your answers.
@arresa or aresa, your input may be helpful here.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by ddeennoo: 5:30am On Mar 11, 2015
grin yes na tru, but out pdp kiler sai anbode and GMB.
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 11, 2015
aresa:

1. Lagos state built the first IPP/270MW in Nigeria and it's still pumping every MW into the worthless National grid.

Educate yourself and quit embarrassing yourself on the internet.

2. By taking hospitals, schools, bridges, streets, waterworks and other state institutions off the National grid, Fashola in effect sent that freed up 47MW back into the National grid for other Nigerians to use.

3. Fashola not only made sure his hospitals, schools, bridges, roads, courts and other public facilities gets uninterrupted power supply (Which your FG or any government can not do and haven't done since independence), he gave back that 47MW back to Nigerians by taking his facilities off the grid.

Nigerians outside Lagos state are the direct beneficiaries of that 47MW. Not expecting TaNoids to figure this out though...

About powering Lagos household, can not do that by law so what's the meaning of your ignorant argument?

You make me laff bro. The first power plant by a state govt was build by peter odili. And he built two with one having a capacity of 150 megawatts. Many states have gone ahead to build their own power plants too. The one in rivers was built,one as far back as 2005. So check r facts bro. If the so called limit does really exist why was rivers able to build one with 150 mw capacity over a decade ago. You build a power plant with a total of 47 mw when other states are building one that can sustain a large no of its inhabitants. 47 mw is too paltry for someone to be boasting that as an achievement.

U mentioned bridges, schools, water works and other state instittions. Which schools are u talking about? Are the public schools in lagos powered by this ipp, which water works bro? And how may bridges?
Re: I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 11, 2015
laudate:

Thank you o, abeg help me tell them!! Speak to those applauding Fashola's rhetoric and 'alawada' antics, without taking the trouble to dissect and thoroughly analyse his comments.

Lagos State needs 10,000MW of electricity for steady power supply. It has taken Fashola 5 good years to generate just 47MW of electricity. Is it the 47MW that he wants to sell to the Discos and also use to provide uninterrupted, steady power supply to the entire Lagos metropolis?

Ironically, on the day he launched the Lekki IPP I went down the Lekki-Epe Expressway from Ikate-Elegushi to VGC Estate and guess what?? shocked The entire stretch of the road between Jakande Estate and Ikota junction was in darkness. All the street lights were dead due to lack of power supply.

Think people, think!! Don't be hoodwinked by empty promises, that have no bearing in reality.

47 mega watts is too paltry for any person to be boasting to have achieved anytin. Many states have built their own power plants, one with a sizeable generating capacity, not a mere 47 mega watts. Some other have built their own airport, world class stadium, best health delivery system with free health care for under 5 and pregnant and even paying for people that have to do caesarean operation. Which one has he done? I can remember he built two bridges in 8 years. Okota-isolo and lekki-ikoyi. And they tolled the second one. Why should we be paying tolls with the huge revenue lagos government generates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Back To Nigeria From AU Summit In South Africa (photos) / Zulum Visits Family Of General Zirkushu, Donates ₦20 Million / Ignore Asari Dokubo At Your Own Peril, Bashir Tofa Warns FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.