Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC (1841 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / It’s Wicked To Owe Workers In Recession — Obiano / Okupe Urges Governors To Sack Workers Over Cash Crunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Vice President of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Issa Aremu, has expressed concern over non payment of workers salaries by 22 state governments in the country; A situation he described as unacceptable.

In a statement he issued in Kaduna on Thursday, Aremu described the development as a wage theft, wage robbery and economic crime.

The NLC  Vice President explained that the same governors who had failed to pay workers their  salaries  for more than three months, were able to mobilise funds to pay  their delegates during the just concluded party primary elections across the states.

He therefore called on the governors of the affected states  go to the same place they got they money to pay delegates and settle the workers’ salaries without further delay.

“We see that delay in payment of salaries as wage theft, wage robbery. It is actually an economic crime because Nigeria Labour law says thou shall pay the worker as and when due. In fact by 22nd of every month you must have paid the workers fully.

“We never heard of any delegate being owed a single penny during the primary elections, but they cannot get money to pay the workers. In fact, some of the delegates even bought new cars and properties after the primaries because the money they got in just few days is much more than what workers earn in many months”.

The NLC Vice President further noted that it was time for the Federal Government to review upward the national minimum wage in order to reflect with emerging economic challenges and also warned  against any attempt by government to further impoverish the Nigerian workers with reduction in pay or loss of jobs on account of the recently announced austerity measure by the Federal government.

He also noted that the $65 per barrel of crude oil as captured in the 2015 budget confirmed that Nigeria is an oil dependent economy contrary to the claim of the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy that the budget is projected on a non oil revenue basis.

Instead, the union believed that sustainable budgets were the ones based on revenue arising from real sector of the economy such as  domestic manufacturing and exportation of finished goods.

Mr Aremu said that the National Assembly, while  debating the budget proposal, should put policies that will grow the real sectors of the economy and also ensure that the Central Bank of Nigeria lowers the interest rate and stop the free fall of the Naira which will undermine purchasing power of the working people.

He also asked  the National Assembly to make sure the budget captured practical measures on reducing cost of governance which must start with drastic reduction of pay and allowances of the Executive and Legislature.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2014/12/26/22-state-governments-owe-workers-over-3-months-salaries-nlc/#.VQAWyJJlqgI.twitter
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
Our Economy is in shambles! Jonathan Must Go!

2 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by DaGC(m): 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Them say states no fit pay workers, and someone is quick to blame GEJ for it undecided

Please pay the workers. This is not slavery. Workers are entitled to their pay. angry

6 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
Cc:
Ngwakwe
OAM4J
Ikenna351
Afam4eva
Maclatunji

Fp pls

Let pple see ao corruption is bringin Nigeria down 2 her knees!
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
DaGC:
Them say states no fit pay workers, and someone is quick to blame GEJ for it undecided

Please pay the workers. This is not slavery. Workers are entitled to their pay. angry
It is because of d mismanagement of d whole economy!
Dy av bastardise it!

2 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by egift(m): 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
Do also add the list we can get public pressure on them. A worker deserve his pay. Jonathan economics has failed big time.

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ahaz: 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
ABDamola:

Am wiser dan u!
Bt if u stil doubt it, let's throw our hats into d ring!
And let's speak more of Economics!
Jus 4rm ur comment, I knw who u r and I cn rate ur IQ level!
if b4 ur kinsmen you are wise,then wahala dey be dat.

3 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by freshness2020: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
ABDamola:

Am wiser dan u!
Bt if u stil doubt it, let's throw our hats into d ring!
And let's speak more of Economics!
Jus 4rm ur comment, I knw who u r and I cn rate ur IQ level!
Clap for your self "the great wise one"
..I can deduce how childish you reason.
Not surprise you share the same archaic traits with your deceitful baba.
..am too learned to belittle myself with an unfounded argument with a baby adult..
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
The money meant for the states is being used by Jonathan for campaign. Where did you all think the billion dollars GEJ has been spending coming from? Jonathan doesn't care about anything else as long as he wins re-election. Jonathan wouldn't mind sacrificing his family to remain in power if that is what it takes.

2 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
freshness2020:

Clap for your self "the great wise one"
..I can deduce how childish you reason.
Not surprise you share the same archaic traits with your deceitful baba.
I cn see ur sentiments are all ova u and ds has beclouded ur sense of reasoning and judgement!
1st, wat did u fink cause all des non-payment of salaries?
2nd, wat caused Nigerian governments 2 devalue our currency?

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
ahaz:
Cn we pls stop attackin personalities and let's speak fact!
Who put us in ds mess?
Wat led 2 ds non-payment of salaries?
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by freshness2020: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
ahaz:
Big time wahala my brother...

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
freshness2020, ahaz:

Big time wahala my brother...
Y r u runnin away 4rma ma questns?
Lolzzzzz!
U av jus exemplified GEJ!
Birds of a feather....

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by henrysam(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
sincerenigerian:
The money meant for the states is being used by Jonathan for campaign. Where did you all think the billion dollars GEJ has been spending coming from? Jonathan doesn't care about anything else as long as he wins re-election. Jonathan wouldn't mind sacrificing his family to remain in power if that is what it takes.
So states complained to you that they have not been given allocation.
Most of guys comments here can make one sick.
Instead of us to blame the states for mismanagement we continue to blame somebody in abuja
I just wonder if thus is how this country will be liberated.

2 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
henrysam:

So states complained to you that they have not been given allocation.
Most of guys comments here can make one sick.
Instead of us to blame the states for mismanagement we continue to blame somebody in abuja
I just wonder if thus is how this country will be liberated.
One shud knw d fact b4 talkin cos it will mak one luk stupid in public!
So u avnt heard dt states allocatn has bin reduced drastically by d governtment?

Even Federal minstry allocatn has reduced significantly. An example s d ministry of Works--From #100bn last yrar to #11bn ds year!

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by freshness2020: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
ABDamola:

Y r u runnin away 4rma ma questns?
Lolzzzzz!
U av jus exemplified GEJ!
Birds of a feather....
Why was my post removed...?
Since you said you are wiser than google why not answer it yourself ?
..am too learned to share in your inept knowledge "great wise one".
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ramdris(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Please someone should list the States.
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
freshness2020:

Why was my post removed...?
Since you said you are wiser than google why not answer it yourself ?
..am too learned to share in your inept knowledge "great wise one".
Cn u nw see ur life?
Ur post was removed because it s constitutin nuissance 2 d society! U cnt b a gud role model!
Ur siblings will also b disappointed in u 4 writin such thrash!
I knw u cnt ansa ma questns cos u knw d truth and yet u kip hidin it!
As a Philosopher once sed 'Tel no lies, Claim no easy victory, Tel d pple d way it s'
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by Montaque(m): 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
the state Governors should be blamed
But in Nigeria, we blame the president.
Even the guilty Governors pass the blames to the President.

2 Likes

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Montaque:
the state Governors should be blamed
But in Nigeria, we blame the president.
Even the guilty Governors pass the blames to the President.

Nt like dt sir!
Bt d prob came 4rm d Central Government!
U knw most Nigerian states depend on allocatn 4rm FG!
Bt nw dt our economy has collapsed(No tanx 2 d mismanagement of FG), dia allocatn was reduced by more dan 50%
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ejiro2130(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Somebody should list the states please, how many of them are apc. I kw my mum who has been working for Benue state government for over 20yrs haven't been paid for 3months.

when I told her to join politics she wouldn't agree by now she for be delegate too sad angry

1 Like

Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by ABDamola(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
APC states shud b Ogun(2 months), Oyo(1 month salary), Osun(4months for lower workers and 5months for higher),Edo
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by DaGC(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
When matured Nairalanders come, make una call me.

Can't deliberate with these ones blaming GEJ for a global fall in oil price, and the ones saying GEJ is campaigning with the states money as if APC states go donate their money give GEJ. undecided
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by Smurfette(f): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Please list the states. This is another form of slavery abeg.
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by Montaque(m): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
ABDamola:

Nt like dt sir!
Bt d prob came 4rm d Central Government!
U knw most Nigerian states depend on allocatn 4rm FG!
Bt nw dt our economy has collapsed(No tanx 2 d mismanagement of FG), dia allocatn was reduced by more dan 50%
some states don't suffer the same fate, the simple reason is that they saved and prepared for the rainy days.
And most of these guilty Governors are christians who don't learn from Joseph,the egyptian prime minister.
I know u won't govern like them if u have the chance.
Re: 22 State Governments Owe Workers Over 3 Months Salaries – NLC by OgologoDimkpa: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
ABDamola:
Our Economy is in shambles! Jonathan Must Go!
He's going no where?
He'll still rule you for more 4years
Start getting use to it.

GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Stay Out Of Politics But Mrs Buhari Called Edo Women Prostitutes – Uche Jumbo / 5 Biggest Losers If Buhari Wins / Oyo State Governorship Election,pls Share Result In Your Ward Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.