Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... (18959 Views)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by wman(m): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
I think you should start a business with that money.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by wman(m): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
I think you should start a business with that money.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, tutorials downloads of anything you need check us out on https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest Full catalogue is available at j .mp/adlisting
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Coded7: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bro is quite unfortunate u lost ur job december last year, I lost my 1st may. Last year, sincerely it was not easy then, I had just N2000 in my account when I lost my job, it a debt of N170,000 and my hauz rent due 4 expiration. I made up my mind I was not going to seek application anywhere anymore, my sister talk me into egg biz and I decided to give it a try, today I can boldly tell u am comfortable, all my customers are abokis and market women which I don't even a masters degree to associate wit dem. My credential have bin lying under my bed sins dat period up till date. Mind u I possess a master degree and I have never used it anywhere. My friend is not all about working with d government or a multinational but its all about u being an entrepreneur. Pls fink very well an idea is in u waiting to be harnessed. Thank you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dammytosh: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
That NNPC job is a fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit us[/size]
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by seyenko(m): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by 360command: 4:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
nija80:
d.i know someone that was paid almost 120 million as retirement grants and every thing became zero naira after 6 months.beware
your statement reminds me of a man who is working at COCOABOD COTE D'VOIRE, he was given such a huge grant as retirement but he chose not to accept it. Very wise of him as he told us then that such money can be spent off quickly especially when you do not know of a viable business to run.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Eneze1(f): 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Op I have to come in from a different perspective, if you are even thinking of paying 500k to get a job it's really shameful, how does that sound to you? bribery and yet we are complaining that our leaders are corrupt. I hope one day we will get it right in this country

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by JUBILEE2000: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!

If getting a slot in NNPC costs 300k, then many Nigerians would have been staff of NNPC by now.

My brother, as an insider i can authoritatively tell u its a scam.

3 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by chuksmad(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
My own advise is if you can forget about shame or thinking that this particular job is not suitable for me, get a keke with that amount and take on road. Before you know it, you will double that money within a year.
But if you are the type that prefers mental work, you can learn some professional work like web design, building plans etc

Wish to learn step by step how to design simple website, visit www.prislaw.com
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by precisionindepth: 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
ejiro2130:

250k for MSC? what's the name of the school.
You should look at his course and consider the fact that MSC is not his first choice with the way the economy is going MSC won't help much I will rather prefer he builds his career unfortunately he didn't say what his career actually is.

My friends with MSC are worst off than me, although am in a poorer country than them
I don't believe cos I v friends DT got big jobs with their MSC...ur friends might just v not reached deir destination...so Dont equate msc to been poor
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Chidizman(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nowadays in Nigeria, Everything trends by "Who You Know" and Not "What You can Offer" 500k is way too much for the Job target, and I duly assure you that you will regret your existence if you lose that kind of money at the hands of all these hideous scammers.
I would advise you to get some certifications, Enroll for the Masters degree programme! I dont believe that with all these Targets, You'd still find it difficult to get a Befitting job.

One last advise For you, If you proceed to bribe your way into the NNPC Violin , I assure you that you are bribing your way into a Lost cause and Reckless abandon! A word is enough for the wise sad
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Isiterere(m): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
wanting to pay 500k to become a slave? you better humble yourself and start a profitable business with the money. How sure are you about the job?

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by BioGreen: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
My dear don't part with your 300k for a pomise of a slot in nnpc cos its 99% mostly likely to be a scam. NNPC doesn't fill up slots as such except for contract/casual staff.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by BioGreen: 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
i would advise you venture into a micro scale enterprise with half of your savings while your simulteneously haunt for job cause its a big plus to you when you attend job interview instead of just being idle which most prospective employers will perceive you as lazy, not being self motivated and lacking in initiative

Msc is a no no no no.......except maybe at the open university which should be much cheaper & flexible as you can continue from any location even if your new job equires you relocate

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by mistiquephat(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Op boss, please can u borrow me this morning till July? I will give u 700k. Olorun ngbo You are clueless human being. How dare u put ur two feet to test the depth of a river. You must be either Jona Or Moyes. 500k can start a bussiness if u are not a Lazy Otondo. Indiot. He dey talk of 500k as if say na beans. Or are u an Ajepoorta?

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by precisionindepth: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
Coded7:
Bro is quite unfortunate u lost ur job december last year, I lost my 1st may. Last year, sincerely it was not easy then, I had just N2000 in my account when I lost my job, it a debt of N170,000 and my hauz rent due 4 expiration. I made up my mind I was not going to seek application anywhere anymore, my sister talk me into egg biz and I decided to give it a try, today I can boldly tell u am comfortable, all my customers are abokis and market women which I don't even a masters degree to associate wit dem. My credential have bin lying under my bed sins dat period up till date. Mind u I possess a master degree and I have never used it anywhere. My friend is not all about working with d government or a multinational but its all about u being an entrepreneur. Pls fink very well an idea is in u waiting to be harnessed. Thank you.
u r lucky it worked 4 u
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by BABANGBALI: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
op pm.me and lets see how i kud be of help to you.All you need is to trust me.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Jarus(m): 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
It is a scam. NNPC will never ask you to pay money. Even their HR people will not, privately.

How people fall for what is glaringly a scam like this still puzzles me.

I have seen too many people - including a couple of people close to me - falling victim of this.

What make this worse and most annoying are:

1, He had been scammed before (lost 300k to fictitious "customs"wink and he is still contemplating paying another 500k for "NNPC". How many times will he be beaten in same game to become just once shy?

2, You have work experience and expected to know one or two things about how things work.

Oh my God, how on earth will anyone that finished secondary school think you will pay 500k before getting a job in NNPC?

It's infuriating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Jupita42k2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
if u're rili determined u can turn dat 500k into millions........get a gud biz idea n turn dat idea into cash, dat job might b a scam
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by espn(m): 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!
save ur 500k nd let's do business..sorry for bin blunt..i had such opportunity but I wont..SSS for that matter.. dis boko haram issh no go make me do mistake..

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by listlic: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Don't pay oo. My friend paid 1.5mil and till date nothing. But the question is, why pay 500k to get a job for a 70k salary? Why don't you do the customer care jobs out there? There are a number of them. Send me your resume, that 500k isn't going no where.

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dennismukoro(m): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
go into fishery u wont look for white collar job again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by anonimi: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Jarus:
It is a scam. NNPC will never ask you to pay money. Even their HR people will not, privately.

How people fall for what is glaringly a scam like this still puzzles me.

I have seen too many people - including a couple of people close to me - falling victim of this.

What make this worse and most annoying are:

1, He had been scammed before (lost 300k to fictitious "customs"wink and he is still contemplating paying another 500k for "NNPC". How many times will he be beaten in same game to become just once shy?

2, You have work experience and expected to know one or two things about how things work.

Oh my God, how on earth will anyone that finished secondary school think you will pay 500k before getting a job in NNPC?

It's infuriating.

Just shows how lazy most of us have become- wanting a job so we can receive a salary and NOT so we can work and earn a living.
It is terribly sad!

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by anonimi: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
precisionindepth:
u r lucky it worked 4 u

Can you please define LUCK?
Thanks.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dennismukoro(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
play merrrybet chelsea vs psg over 1.5, beyern munich to win and over 1.5 ur money will turn to 1.5million grin grin grin simple. how wish u can borrow me for only today to pay tommoro.

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:

2 million undecided Are you freaking serious? shocked

Mehnn!!! I wonder how long one will work to make up with that sum, this country is f*cked

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:

no 3. is SCAM...dnt pay anyone anything for a job ( maybe when you start working there n you get your first pay out..u can then pay) but na still scam
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by precisionindepth: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
anonimi:

Can you please define LUCK?
Thanks.
y I said DT is DT cos u didn't work with ur masters doesn't mean countless r not making it big with dere MSC..I v many examples
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by mrrock: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
@nurexfutmx.

Why were you saving the money?. Where you saving it so you could use it to bribe your way for a job you don't qualify?. Your type is the reason a man without a school certificate is vying for office of the president of Nigeria.
What stop you from applying for jobs yourself?

I don't have any pity for your being scammed of N150k. I wish you get scammed next time you want to get a job you don't qualify.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by slimtee2: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
@coded7 pls can we discuss better abt d egg business cos av bin trying to venture into it but yet to get a mentor. Please
Coded7:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Census: NPC Postpones Training For Enumerators, Supervisors Till Further Notice / Finally Landed The Job / Nigerian Govt To Prosecute Escapee N-power Volunteers In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.