Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... (18944 Views)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by evangelGC(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
As a man thinketh in his heart so It is. Plz if u hv such amount of money I wil advice u to invest it on any biz u knw u can handle.
While u still keep searchin and prayin for ur suitable miracle job. May matthew 7:7 speak for u.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Akaewu: 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
mistiquephat:
Op boss, please can u borrow me this morning till July? I will give u 700k. Olorun ngbo You are clueless human being. How dare u put ur two feet to test the depth of a river. You must be either Jona Or Moyes. 500k can start a bussiness if u are not a Lazy Otondo. Indiot. He dey talk of 500k as if say na beans. Or are u an Ajepoorta?

Dude...really. Must u insult him. All des kids in nairaland
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by holar2ge(m): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Who pays 150k to be a custom officer....To get a confirm job in d Custom u need like 1M to secure it..
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by leighcon(m): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
How did we get to this situation in this country? Quick question, do vacancies now exist in government agencies, just to wait for who will pay for it? Who "eats" the money eventually? The GMD/CE, EDs, Directorate Head? Who exactly?

That it was even considered at all tells me you will handle any place you find yourself with a corrupt mindset. Little wonder even gate men now think they should be tipped before you can enter any government office.

Bros, please go and drop that attitude of paying to get a job, it is just not right, I loathe it!!

Go for your M.Sc if there is a particular dream you are pursuing and you think having the degree will improve your lot in it. If this is not the case, put the fund in a money market investment that gives you returns every 90 days at least. The returns will be peanuts, but the fund is secure and you can always have it.

In the midst of the foregoing, analyse your skill set and pursue rigorously, jobs you are confident you can handle by selling your skills.

I beg let Nigeria's corruption table have one person dropping off it.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by nurexfutmx(m): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
dennismukoro:
play merrrybet chelsea vs psg over 1.5, beyern munich to win and over 1.5 ur money will turn to 1.5million grin grin grin simple. how wish u can borrow me for only today to pay tommoro.

This got me laughing but what if shaktar beat bayern at home nko? Remember what happened to Madrid yesterday, how will i get my money back then undecided
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by linsa01(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
nija80:
people are wicked and they gloat at your misfortune.i am very close to nnpc,no one i mean no one that can influence any employment in NNPC will ask for 500k.its a scam run without your shoe my brother.those asking you to get a lawyer to authenticate in case of default dont know niga.if you like carry god go as a witness, they will still slaughter you.put the money in a bank if possible a fixed deposit,if its 1k you are getting in a month,then settle down and think what you will do with the capital.its is then you WITHDRAW THE MONEY AFTER due research on what you want to do.the money is small and also big you may loose it within a second.i know someone that was paid almost 120 million as retirement grants and every thing became zero naira after 6 months.beware

Please tell me more about the 120 million becoming zero after 6 months. Was he scammed or robbed? Did he spent it on frivolous things? I'm just curious. 120 million becoming zero after 6months. Oga oo
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by linsa01(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
nija80:
people are wicked and they gloat at your misfortune.i am very close to nnpc,no one i mean no one that can influence any employment in NNPC will ask for 500k.its a scam run without your shoe my brother.those asking you to get a lawyer to authenticate in case of default dont know niga.if you like carry god go as a witness, they will still slaughter you.put the money in a bank if possible a fixed deposit,if its 1k you are getting in a month,then settle down and think what you will do with the capital.its is then you WITHDRAW THE MONEY AFTER due research on what you want to do.the money is small and also big you may loose it within a second.i know someone that was paid almost 120 million as retirement grants and every thing became zero naira after 6 months.beware

Please tell me more about the 120 million becoming zero after 6 months. Was he scammed or robbed? Did he spend it on frivolous things? I'm just curious. 120 million becoming zero after 6months. Oga oo
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Jok3r(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Once bitten twix shy, if u cnt len 4rm d first u cnt len 4rm d 2nd or 3rd. D greatest investment in lyf is 2 help. Bros invest ur money nd time wit biz, bt if d job u want 2 pay 500k 4 wil gv u 1m a month nd u sure it wil den go 4 it. Rmbr my first parable.
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tell dem to give you the job and take 6months of ur salary when u start working;dt way u don't spend ur savings on their scam...start ur msc;depends on where and wot course you"re doing...u barely nid lyk half of ur savings,plus of course you"ll pay per session (I.e course work) u"ll meet people during ur msc that might even offer you jobs on a platter of Gold...most of ur colleagues might even be directors or employers of labour one way or the other...js kip an open mind and kip ur hard earned savings...if u"re nt into business...buy a sort of plots or start a house somewhere in ur villa;dt way,u"ll knw ur hard earned savings will neva vanish...all d best!
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by growrich: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
there is this tested and trusted business where you can invest N150k and earn extra N120k monthly. You may need to meet me one on one to put you through as well as show you past proof(s)
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Mubby4luv(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
sunnico:
He better go and start a business of his own with that or better still bring to me i would start a business with it and then employ him.ASAP grin grin
WICKED grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by tonychristopher: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!
To be honest with. You
Your stupid

Which one is career
Go and start business with that

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by giantimpact(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
For me paying even 1 Naira to get a Job is a no go area. Some years back I had a friend in a similar situation, he summon courage and started a Dry cleaning business, he was doing fine but he's a career driven person after like 4 years been jobless but an enterpreneur, he got an offer with one of the top Airline in d country last year. He now employ someone to manage the dry cleaning business for him. Just take your time to find the business that will suit your style while you are still in search of Job. Masters is not a bad idea , but you might need to pause on that for now. Whichever way you take. I wish you the very best and I will like to hear your testimony very soon. Go and Prosper...
nurexfutmx:

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by seangy4konji: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
Paying for jobs....self made better man...my sister came around gisting about a banker who lost 3 million to dem guyz after he was laid off looking for oil and gas job...

be careful mate.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dhemmyhardy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Dangote borrowed the same amount that you have now
And become the richest man in Africa Today.....you better
Use what is in your hand now and your Brain to bring the best
Out of that Money.....and don't be scammed young Man

Ps.....go and look for the service that can solve peoples problem and u will become rich in no time

Dhemmyhardy

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by naijafresh: 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:

Haba! you've been scammed like this before and yet you ask?

I suggest 3 options

1. Pay the money and confirm to all that, indeed you are stupid and this isn't a joke
2. Keep your money in your pocket and keep looking for a job
3. Tell them you will pay when you have been in the job and collecting a genuine salary and emoluments at a rate of 100,000 a month for 1 year
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Ukeachu1(m): 12:15am On Mar 12, 2015
nurexfutmx:

I will only put it down on paper that i will give the person the money after i must have gotten employment letter

olodo. corruption is not enforceable by the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Mistaarhlohki(m): 1:38am On Mar 12, 2015
good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please![/quote[quote author=nurexfutmx post=31518062]I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

Hello

Why don't u secure your future with starting an investment business with just 240k and your search for a job will be over....I would like you to see how the business works first hand by yourself and not me telling you over the internet.......please, use you money wisely because you could regret how bad you used up the money when you should have used it wisely..

For more info on the investment business....Plz mail me mistaarhlohki@gmail.com

I would love to assist....
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by 19naia(m): 3:48am On Mar 12, 2015
Tell them to collect the money from your first salary paymemts after they have secured you the job.... There is no reason to pay to get a job, but if circumstances are forcing you into that, then pay with your first salary after getting the job and testing the job for suitability with your abilities..
Keep that money you have... I will feel better as a street hawker with 500k savings while living in the slums, rather than duped of all the money and any job offers and broken in my faith among fellow human beings..
A bird in hand is better than 2 or 3 in the bush...

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dennismukoro(m): 5:33am On Mar 12, 2015
u see u for dun double am
nurexfutmx:

This got me laughing but what if shaktar beat bayern at home nko? Remember what happened to Madrid yesterday, how will i get my money back then undecided
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dennismukoro(m): 5:37am On Mar 12, 2015
is better u take my risk than to dash scammer.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 12, 2015
nurexfutmx:

I will only put it down on paper that i will give the person the money after i must have gotten employment letter
So why are you asking us..I thought you didn't know what to do.
I hope you know that employment letters can be forged? Keep your money and keep praying while you search for another job. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by buJu234: 9:09am On Mar 12, 2015
bettercreature:
People really think working at NNPC and earning about 400k monthly is the same as investing 500k and earning 3k or 4 profit week
My people are so clueless and i am sure most of you have never seen big money that is why they keep talking about 500k as if its 15million
O boy go and pay the money asap,many kids on here

i am so sorry 4 u....

Scammers may really feast on u..

kpele

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by addictiv(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2015
[size=14pt]You re looking for a safe secure well paying job with benefits, then you should go back to the industrial age......One word: safe is the new risky[/size]
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by SenatorJames(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Good advice sir. From the way he narrated his story, one will see that he is more interested in employment in a reputable company than business.
Nnaemiemax:
split the cash into two,
starting with option 2 take half of the fund, look for a biz that involves goods and services that is needed on a daily basis e.g: pure & table water (cosharis and nestle) mini distributor using a minibus, or printing recharge cards and distributing etc.

- get authentic info about the nnpc opportunity and pay half the fee to see if it would work.

- my last option: keep job hunting as you already sound career oriented, get employed. working and doing msc becomes a perfect venture when income's steay.

- pray, asking God to help yot make best decison
I don't think any of our presidential aspirants can be more sensible than this.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by mistiquephat(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Akaewu:

Dude...really. Must u insult him. All des kids in nairaland
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2015
i would have love to help you but email me lets talk toochsamn@yahoo.com pastor samuel
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by goldedprince: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
holar2ge:
Who pays 150k to be a custom officer....To get a confirm job in d Custom u need like 1M to secure it..
Wetin u smoke na
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by holar2ge(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
goldedprince:

Wetin u smoke na

Oga which way now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-Power: Camp For Tech Software Opens On Monday / Census: NPC Postpones Training For Enumerators, Supervisors Till Further Notice / How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.