Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... (18943 Views)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by greall12(m): 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
The op tease too high with the 5hundred u ve u can become a millionaire than be playing gamble with ur money
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
people are wicked and they gloat at your misfortune.i am very close to nnpc,no one i mean no one that can influence any employment in NNPC will ask for 500k.its a scam run without your shoe my brother.those asking you to get a lawyer to authenticate in case of default dont know niga.if you like carry god go as a witness, they will still slaughter you.put the money in a bank if possible a fixed deposit,if its 1k you are getting in a month,then settle down and think what you will do with the capital.its is then you WITHDRAW THE MONEY AFTER due research on what you want to do.the money is small and also big you may loose it within a second.i know someone that was paid almost 120 million as retirement grants and every thing became zero naira after 6 months.beware

5 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Raheem2386: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
You can begin your masters at open university and still invest the remaining part of the money or pay for the slot, when u get the job u can still be working and doing masters.

2 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by deebrain(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
SIR, DO NOT GO FOR OPTION 3

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Buchman1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
exactly what I've been looking for! Give me a Guaranteed job of 80k n above n 400k is yours. Cash n Carry only. It could be an administrative job or graduate security job. I can function as a school librarian, Personal assistant or PR job. I'm open to jobs that require a little training or brush up. Also interested in federal or state jobs if that's not too farfetched. Ready to relocate anywhere except for borno, yobe, zamfara Adamawa n gombe. anywhere else is visible. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Eluala(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anybody who asks you for money to be "given" a slot in NNPC is indeed a fraudster. Run from such a person immediately. You don't need to pay any money to be hired by NNPC. They advertise their positions and the recruitment test is even organised by a third party consulting firm.

My advise for you is to look for a job that will keep you busy in the area of interest but may not necessarily be a glamorous as the one you lost and it may pay far less. What will help you get the next job is usually experiences you have gathered over the years. Avoid going through a long period without a job no matter how small. It can even be with a not for profit or any charity but be busy.

Alternatively, look for what you can buy and sell with you money. Something that everyday people need and supplying it to them will save them some time and effort but therein lies your opportunity.

I don't subscribe to going for Masters just for the sake of it. A Masters degree should complement your skills in a beneficial way not that you just go and do time, and acquire another paper.

With the money you have, you can source for high quality agro-allied products, which are produced locally so exchange rate fluctuation is not of high impact. Think of becoming a middle man or even investing in packaging the raw products and market to big/average stores and individuals. When I go to stores nowadays I see all kinds of made in Nigeria food products packaged nicely that I am attracted to buy even if just to feel like I am doing this here and not overseas.

Alternatively, you can rent a shop for nothing more than 2/5 ths of that money and decide to sell just foodstuff that does not require refrigeration eg grains, spices/seasonings, beans, rice, corn, wheat, millet, garri, indomie, tinned foods like sardines, Mackerel, tomatoes, curry, ginger, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, floor, custard, etc.

If you have no issue with dignity of labor and self esteem, you should be able to see gold where you are the moment and go for it. Everybody must eat. Remember, sell something that everybody must need whether rich or poor and what else is more qualified than food.

6 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
u dont no wether that nysc job is a scamm also u ave to be very careful... abt it before puting ur money on it.. u may end up been scam the second time...
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!

The last time i know of someone that got into Nigeria custom,was in 2009 & he paid N2m for it to be worked out.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ignis: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
Not advisable. ..
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by nurexfutmx(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
sauceny:

The last time i know of someone that got into Nigeria custom,was in 2009 & he paid N2m for it to be worked out.

2 million undecided Are you freaking serious? shocked

Mehnn!!! I wonder how long one will work to make up with that sum, this country is f*cked
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Mondayok: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
Capital NO,Pls go into business and call me back later.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Don't give anybody your life savings

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by precisionindepth: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
icebeatz:
Get an m.sc with the money.
An msc is a life time investment and If you do very well in your msc, you will get a job within 6 months after your m.sc.

If you dont know what to do with 500k, please flex it.
Travel abroad and get new inspiration.
I love ur advice...he. can use half for MSC and use half to start a small biz and manage while he runs d MSC. even while doing DT, he shd continue to apply...all will just work together and he will b grt.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
Simple...._ guyz shud put it down on paper dat u are ready to. Increase it to 400k only if ur employmnt latr entr ur. Hands....if dat one knw wrk....den I advice. go. Into bizness...if u good in selling grains it's a nice bizness to do,dats if u stay in d north

To be a successful business man you need to have passion to start small, that guy doesn't sound like somebody that can start small
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by aleem50(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
bro 500k is enough for you to start a business. You too can be employer of Labour and that doesn't stopped you from working in a company when u see work.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by sunnychuks(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Job in NNPC at 300k is a scam dont even venture it. Try to do some professional programmes and increase your Prospects of being Employed. 500k will not be enough for your master programme unless there will be support from somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by dustydee: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:
I lost my job last year december, have been trying to get another job since then but all to no avail. Am getting frustrated by the day cos i don't see any job coming, I was able to save up to 500k during my time in my former workplace. Now, the question is...

1. Am thinking of going for MSc which i may end up spending the whole money on and God forbid, what if i still don't get any job after the programme won't i go back to square one?

2. I'm thinking maybe i could invest in something profitable and start up a little business but i really want to build my career and with that little sum of money i have, i may end up making little or no gain which i could possibly lose lots of money aswell.

3. The third and last one am really interested doing is someone promised me a job in NNPC and he is asking me to pay 300k for a slot there but from experience of what happened to be last year, i lost 150k to a family friend who promised me a job in Nigeria Custom but i end up got scammed. It didn't workout, am trying to avoid such mistake again.

I've always wish to work with a goverment parastatal (a very good one) and i don't mind forfeiting the whole 500k to get it only if i can be rest assured it will workout.

Am really confused and don't know what to do with my life....i need u guys advice please!
No one in NNPC will collect money from you to help you secure a job there. If they have the means to help you, chances are that they have many family members or close relatives looking for jobs and will rather give it to them free than sell it to you. I know someone who fell to corps members serving in NNPC who promised to help him secure a job.
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by GentleFrank(m): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
@OP: You do not have to pay anybody your hard-earned N500,000 just to secure a job. Remember, the world is full of uncertaintities. Why not invest that money into a viable business venture and start getting maximum returns on your capital employed as soon as possible

Visit www.BusinessParrot..com today and find thousands of lucrative online and offline business opportunities which you can easily start with little or no money and start making money for yourself as soon as possible !!!
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
precisionindepth:
I love ur advice...he. can use half for MSC and use half to start a small biz and manage while he runs d MSC. even while doing DT, he shd continue to apply...all will just work together and he will b grt.

250k for MSC? what's the name of the school.
You should look at his course and consider the fact that MSC is not his first choice with the way the economy is going MSC won't help much I will rather prefer he builds his career unfortunately he didn't say what his career actually is.

My friends with MSC are worst off than me, although am in a poorer country than them
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by kestolove95(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
ejiro2130:

To be a successful business man you need to have passion to start small, that guy doesn't sound like somebody that can start small
guy u nailed it...but he just need sum littl convinctn
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
sauceny:

My cousin paid 900k his with immigration
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by CaptPlanet(m): 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
NO!
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by subzidi: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
I am really ashamed at this headline as it is somewhat an indictement on us-Nigerians as a corrupt nation which is apparently true though---shame! This now beckons on us to answer this pertinent question"Do you want things to remain as they are? Do you want to continue to pay to get jobs instead of merit?....March 28th 2015 is a date with history to give you an opportunity to decide the type of nation you desire.
Back to topic, OP : Please do not pay any money to anybody for a job in NNPC it is 100% SCAM. I have friends in managment position there and i can tell you that for free! You need to add more value to your CV as the job market gets more competitive as the days go by! I will advise you opt for MBA instead of MSC which is more accademic.
Do you have passion for buying and selling? Trust me there are so many things to invest your 500k on, women's fashion items sell like fire example;weavons, under wears, sexy lingeries etc. You can buy them and go to university campus to sell them in hostels.
Real Eastate business is another sector that is enjoying some boom especially with recent crash in the price cement, now you can liase with business men/traders in Alaba building market, Orile Building market, Weilders, Aluminium fabricators etc anywhere depending on your location , identify products like electrical fittings, tiles, kitchen cabinets, doors, buglaries proof etc You make your self a freelance marketer and visit building sites to generate sales on these items then negotiate margin.
The above you can do even while going about your normal business looking for job.
Lastly, you can learn a skill and start your own small sme and i'm sure there thousands to chose from depending on your passion...event management, DJing, photography, makeup etc...
I wish you the best in quest for way forward!

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
guy u nailed it...but he just need sum littl convinctn

Naaa, I have tried small scale business after my NYSC I was to lavish to start small then.

Bros if you kw how I am regretting that action now?? Attending interviews where small girls calling themselves Outsourcing Executives will be ignoring you like you carry ebola for body, I just called one ugly one now and she didn't pick but when you get the job they will want to marry you cheesy
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by kestolove95(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
ejiro2130:

Naaa, I have tried small scale business after my NYSC I was to lavish to start small then.

Bros if you kw how I am regretting that action now?? Attending interviews where small girls calling themselves Outsourcing Executives will be ignoring you like you carry ebola for body, I just called one ugly one now and she didn't pick but when you get the job they will want to marry you cheesy
. Hahahahahaha...abg no break ma belle with. laff
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Booty4me: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
grin

seriously going to school doesn't Guarantee common sense sad

pay the money and get scammed
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nigeria is so corrupt, now I know.
We have even lost hope.
No one is advising him to further his education.
No one is interested in finding out who that nigga that wanna collect 500k to give a job the belongs to u and i.
How come u lost a job that u saved 500k in naija? Why all of a sudden NNPC dey hungry u?
The NNPC imposter, dont he have a brother or relatives?....why should the slot keep waiting for u until u made up ur mind?

Biz is for positive thinker and adventurers.

3 Likes

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
kestolove95:
. Hahahahahaha...abg no break ma belle with. laff

But na true na, abi I lie??
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
With N500k; you can:

1. run a part time msc programme
2. do business
3. job hunt
4. and risk the NNPC offer

1 Like

Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by ejiro2130(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
kenonze:
Nigeria is so corrupt, now I know.
We have even lost hope.
No one is advising him to further his education.
No one is interested in finding out who that nigga that wanna collect 500k to give a job the belongs to u and i.
How come u lost a job that u saved 500k in naija? Why all of a sudden NNPC dey hungry u?
The NNPC imposter, dont he have a brother or relatives?....why should the slot keep waiting for u until u made up ur mind?

Biz is for positive thinker and adventurers.

I thought there are lots of comments saying he should go do his msc some ppl said he should advance his career some girls said he should go and marry

Did u read the comments at all??
Re: Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... by Fourwinds: 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
nurexfutmx:

I will only put it down on paper that i will give the person the money after i must have gotten employment letter
u havent seen fake letter of employment before. if no den be careful. I prefer job before money because even ur own broda self dey think how e go chop for ur head not to talk of outsider. I pity dat 500k if u know handle am well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-Power: Camp For Tech Software Opens On Monday / Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss / Census: NPC Postpones Training For Enumerators, Supervisors Till Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.