Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

[must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement (1053 Views)

Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result / JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by bykomartin: 2:49am On Mar 12, 2015
Journalist:
The Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP, Fani Kayode said that the APC is planning to rig the 2015 elections. How are you doing this?
Amaechi:
Well, I would have loved to respond to that but the person who is speaking lacks credibility.
Have you heard of all the things he said since he was in APC, all the things he said about the president, all he said about PDP. Now, he has joined PDP and he is saying similar things to APC.
Why do you respond to that? What powers do we have to rig the election? What powers do we have to postpone elections?
The president was in a meeting where all Nigerians said don’t postpone elections and he went ahead to postpone elections.
Who has more capacity to rig elections, PDP or APC? Can you move to your next question because I think it’s an unnecessary issue to discuss. The reason it’s an unnecessary issue is because Fani Kayode lacks credibility. If the right person speaks, we respond. Please can you move to your next question?

Journalist:
You have criticized the sense behind the postponement but it was based on the issue of security…
Amaechi:
Please tell me what security is that. Two weeks before that, the Chief of defense staff with his military chiefs came out and said we are prepared to provide security for this election.
Between that day they spoke and the day election was postponed, what has happened?
Boko Haram has become more dangerous? Have killed more persons that they killed in Baga?
What has changed?

Journalist:
If it was obvious to the security agencies that the elections if held would cause loss of life and property.
You are in charge of security in your state, would you have allowed such a thing to happen?
Amaechi:
Segun, there was one question I raised, in 2007 we had similar security crisis in the Niger Delta.
Today, everyday somebody is killed in Rivers state with the connivance of the Nigerian police…

Journalist:
When you say connivance of the Nigerian police, what do you mean?
Amaechi:
They know the persons, they do nothing. A policeman was shot at Okirika, they know it was Ateke that ordered the shooting, and they know that the wife of the president authorized the shooting.
What have they done?

Journalist:
When you make all these claims, how are you sure?
Amaechi:
You just said now that I am the chief security officer, so don’t you know that I am privileged to information. You know when the president said his election is not worth the blood of any Nigerian, you ask him; what of all those Nigerians that are killed, are they Biafrans?
The policeman that was killed at Okirika, is he from Congo or is he Chinese?

Journalist:
Your party at some point said that the plan for the postponement of elections was a grand plan by the PDP and one would wonder that it was INEC that postponed elections.
Amaechi:
How do you know? Please don’t get INEC involved. I just told you here clearly that the chairman of INEC in a meeting that all of us were present stated directly to the president;
“Everything INEC needs to do, we have done. If you claim that the elections of 2011 was very credible and one of the best elections that we have organized in Nigeria. I am now more prepared to conduct a better election than I was in 2011”

Journalist:
Do you think INEC was truly prepared for elections as at February 14?
Amaechi:
Professor Jega is not a man who talks carelessly.

Journalist:
At that time, INEC has distributed 64% of PVC but by now they have distributed over 75%.
Amaechi:
Ok, so let’s go to some of the questions that he raised. When will INEC be said to be prepared?
When they have distributed 100%, 80%, 50%, 64% ? At what point?
If they have crossed the 50% mark, then you ask yourself, how many Nigerians vote?
What is the percentage of Nigerians that vote? They have exceeded that.
(Laughs) I listen to the governor of cross river say INEC must distribute 100% of PVCs before we can conduct elections. So, if a man refuses to go to collect his PVC, what happens?
Is the president saying that if elections were to be conducted on that day and he would have won, would he have asked for postponement?

Journalist:
Your party has shown grievances about the postponement of the election but reasons were to fight Boko Haram. We could see some improvement in the fight against the insurgents in the past few days.
Amaechi:
What is the president doing now that he couldn’t do earlier? Did he hire new Nigerian soldiers?
The money that he used in buying these weapons, where they not there? Was the dollar not cheaper then than it is now?
So, is it possible that it is true that the allegations made by some people that the reason why Boko Haram is not been fought in the north is for political reasons and now it appears that one of the reasons that Nigerians do not want to vote Jonathan is simply because he couldn’t fight Boko Haram.
So, is he fighting Boko Haram now as a way of resolving that issue?
Well, Nigerians have made up their minds. Those who will vote Jonathan will vote for him, those who won’t vote for him, won’t vote for him. There is darkness in the land. There is darkness in the land.
If the president likes, he can commission as many power projects as he likes, it will not change the minds of Nigerians. And the truth is that, the more power projects the president commissions, the more we are in darkness. I’m sure you are using generator now.

Journalist:
Do you think the postponement affected your chances…
Amaechi:
How will it? You just heard me, I have answered you. If you like postpone it to June 1, you know the government ends May 29. It doesn’t stop the wind of CHANGE.
Buhari ran in 2011, did you hear of change? Nigerians will vote across ethnic lines.
Nobody will say today that, well, the president is from south south therefore we must vote for the president. NO NO NO, the issues are; why is the dollar now N225?
Virtually everything you eat and wear is imported. So, inflation is on the rise.
So, if you tell a man now to vote for President Jonathan because he is from south south when the president’s pocket is different from your pocket.
You can’t say that. Nobody has talked about the fact that Naira has been devalued.

Journalist:
You seem to be confident about your party’s chances and one would wonder where the confident is coming from.
Amaechi:
Are you not confident? Don’t tell me CHANGE behind. Say it public..

Journalist:
No, I’m a journalist. I can be…
Amaechi:
Addressing the rally, I had said that the political equation has changed. Let’s do the political equation.
In 2011, the whole of south south voted President Jonathan. The whole of south east voted President Jonathan and the voting was because he is our son.
The whole of south west voted President Jonathan excluding Osun. Then he won some states in the north and got about 22 million votes, Buhari had 12 million votes.
Is that political equation still on ground now?
Let’s even assume that everybody in the south south, south east vote for President Jonathan, the figure has changed. That is why they are fighting against the card reader.
PDP doesn’t want the card reader because they want to write results. The card reader mitigates rigging so you cannot do what they do before. The card reader accommodates only those who brought their PVCs, the genuine voters.
So, if out of 500 persons in a unit, only 300 comes, the 300 will be recorded. So, it limits rigging.
So, you ask yourself, why is the PDP not supporting card reader? Why are they saying Jega must go?
Why are they in court over the card reader?

Journalist:
Do you think that military should be used for security in this election?
Amaechi:
There is a judgment of high court and court of appeal that said military should not be used for the election.

Journalist:
What if they are used, what would you do?
Amaechi:
As usual, don’t say what if they are used, that is one of the plan of which PDP are hoping to rig elections.

Journalist:
When you say the plan for them to rig the elections, what do you mean?
Amaechi:
They intend to use the military to intimidate voters. You saw what happened in Ekiti state. Didn’t you see what happened in Ekiti state? Where General Momoh, a whole general in the Nigerian army, was telling Obanikoro that you want me to cry and then he was promised promotion.
Up till now, he has not been called forward to defend himself.
(LAUGHS) Please, I don’t want to go into the military because the military is a sacred institution. Can we go into something else?

Journalist:
South west is a very strong base for your party but we have seen some endorsement for President Jonathan from leaders in the south west and from traditional rulers.
Amaechi:
Segun, why not wait till Election Day. Even you from south west, who will you vote for?
Is the man who said he will vote Jonathan, voting for Jonathan because if he votes for Jonathan, the dollar will run back from 215 to 170?
Will voting for Jonathan address the issue of N2.3 TRILLION NAIRA that was stolen for oil subsidy?
Will voting for Jonathan address the $20 BILLION DOLLAR that was missing?
Or the $10.2 BILLION DOLLAR minister for finance acknowledged that was missing?
Or the N30 TRILLION NAIRA that former CBN governor was talking about?
It won’t !!! So, it won’t address corruption. The way Nigeria is now, Nigeria is poised for CHANGE and I think south west should be part of that change.

Journalist:
Obasanjo leaving PDP, does this give your party any chance?
Amaechi:
He left too late because he felt as part of those who found PDP, I should remain in PDP but as somebody who is patriotic, he should have left PDP longtime.

Journalist:
Just like you left?
Amaechi:
Yes, I saw that we were heading to nowhere. That if we needed to put this country together…
Are you proud to be a Nigerian? When you go on the streets, people who used to respect you now abuse you. Before, Niger, Chad used to come here, under Babangida up to Yar’dua. Now, we go there to hold meetings. What makes you that proud Nigerian that you used to be?
Ghanaian President now summons us to Ghana, Togo, Benin because we have lost those things that gave us pride. We need to fix it and Buhari will be the first step to fixing it.

SEE FULL VIDEO ON YOUTUBE:
PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5HAWqfmBo
PART 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjCMok7mvPM
Re: [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by seunfly: 6:21am On Mar 12, 2015
Don't let us over flog that matter, we all know PDP want election prosponement and they plan to rigged it but Jega is a big obstacle to the big plan.
Re: [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 12, 2015
But he was also in the PDP just like FFK was in APC. It's just a matter of interest joor. If he was offered a VP slot by Sule Lamido then, guess he would have stayed? God bless Nigeria.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by hardywaltz(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2015
Chibuike Amaechi my master.
Re: [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by enoqueen: 7:45am On Mar 12, 2015
politics?
Re: [must Read] Gov Amaechi’s Channels Tv Interview About Election Postponement by bykomartin: 8:28am On Mar 12, 2015
Admins please add this thread to front page. we need peoples ideas.

(1) (Reply)

Adoke In New Shady Oil Deal / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Analysis Of Voters Registration And Possible Outcome Of March 28 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.