Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari (2206 Views)

Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts / Attorney Gen. Of The Fed’s First Assignment Is To Probe AI's Report – Buhari / An Unconfirmed Report: Buhari's Principal Killed Few Hours Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by TheOtherview: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2015
Buhari, Osinbajo talks about religion, Sharia and national conference report in Kaduna

March 12, 2015

The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, debunked insinuations that he is a religious fanatic who will impose the Sharia Law on Nigerians, stressing that nobody can impose the law on anybody in the country.

This is even as the duo of Buhari and Prof Yemi Osibanjo also vowed to implement the report of the recent National Conference if elected as president and vice president respectively.

“Yes, the APC government will implement the CONFAB report and will look at every good thing about the conference report with a view to implementing it. But don’t forget that the president agreed to submit the report to the National Assembly for implementation, but that has not happened, rather he is making it a campaign issue,” Buhari said.

The presidential hopeful who spoke through Osibanjo in Kaduna at an APC presidential religious interactive session, said, “All my life, I have never supported extremism of any kind and nowhere in my record of service to this nation can this false toga which political opponents have tried so hard to pin on me be substantiated.”

He noted that the nation’s constitution identifies the Shariah Law as synonymous with Customary Law applicable only in matters of personal status such as marriage, divorce and inheritance.

“This has been the case since the 1999 Constitution and just as no one can make any customary or any other religious law the law of Nigeria, Shariah cannot, therefore, be the law of Nigeria. Wicked propagandists continue to spread vicious lies about me for political gain, including the claim that I once asked Muslims not to vote for Christians. This must be the height of absurdity. How can I ever say that, when whoever votes for me would be voting for the Christian running with me on the same ticket?” Buhari queried.

The programme which attracted Muslim and Christian clerics as well as the APC national chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun, Kaduna state guber candidate, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, among other chieftains of the party.

“I would like to solemnly declare that in spite of what our detractors say, I am not a religious fanatic of any sort.

“For me, the issue of religion was and should always be a matter of personal personal conviction and this approach to religion has defined my work and interactions all my life, including my tenure in office as military Head of State.

“The religion of all those I worked with was never a factor in their progress or in what happened to them.

“All that mattered then and should still matter today, are competence, integrity and readiness to be fair to all.

“Government has no business preferring one religion to the other as the role of government is to protect lives and property of citizens and to respect and protect their constitutional rights.

“One critical freedom that every government must strive to protect is the liberty for citizens to exercise their faiths, Christians and Muslims or others, in a lawful manner without fear or hindrance and to prosecute those who use religion as an excuse to destroy homes, schools and places of worship.”

Source
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2015
And APC as a party vehemently kicked against the convocation of the confab, now Buhari is telling us he will implement the report of a conference that his party APC refused to participate in or send a delegate.

And who will believe that a Fulani man will want Nigeria restructured and stop a section of the country funding the laziness of the other section.

APC & Buhari should please keep quiet on the issue of confab report & allow the man that convocated the conference implement the outcome.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Noloss(f): 9:01am On Mar 12, 2015
Torrrrr, I pray so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2015
CONFAB.. a delegation of purile old men with cobwebs for brains.. we all know GEJ organized this gathering of village fools for no congent reason. the report has been gathering dust.. create more states, extend tenure.. what about including IFA Justice System like Sharia is in the Constitution.. see these clueless soon-to-be-dead party. we need more than GEJ and GMB.. the old brains need to die for young ones to emerge

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by clevvermind(m): 9:05am On Mar 12, 2015
keep quiet. Nigerians can't be deceived by you. we are voting for Jonathan. don't take us back to your evil days as head of state. we are already marching forward as a nation. we are wise now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 12, 2015
Buhari isn't a religious fanatic.
His only wish is to make Nigeria a better place.

4 Likes

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Skako(m): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2015
Hope the guy above they mad,is he even updated?
Ignorance is a disease

these are the true list

[b] National Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun

Deputy National Chairman South, Engineer Segun Oni

Deputy Chairman North, Senator Lawal Shuaibu

National Secretary, Mallam Ibrahim Bala Gubi

Deputy National Secretary, Hon. Orji Ugofa

Vice Chairman South West, Akinyelure Pius Oloye

Vice Chairman North West, Barr. Inuwa Abdulkadir

Vice Chairman North Central, Zakari Abdullahi Ede

National Treasurer, Bala Mohammed Gwagwaruwa

Deputy National Treasurer, Abubakar Lado Suleija

National Financial Secretary, Alhaji Tajudeen Olaitan Bello

Deputy National Financial Secretary Hon. Sunday Chukwu

National Welfare Secretary, Dika Umaru Lada

Deputy National Welfare Secretary, Mr. Jock Alamba

National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammmed

Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Comrade Timi Frank

National Legal Adviser, Mr. Muiz Banire

National Organizing Secretary, Senator Osita Izunaso

Deputy National Organizing Secretary, Alhaji Sulieman Manko Hunkuyi

National Woman Leader, Hajia Ramatu Tijani

Deputy National Woman Leader, Helen Chika Adike

National Auditor, Chief George Moghalu

Deputy National Auditor, Barr. Oputa Ado

National Youth Leader, Ibrahim Dasuki Jalo

Zonal Youth Leader (South-East) Paul Chukwuma

Zonal Youth Leader North Central, Mr. Tempe Adigwe

Zonal Youth Leader North West, Barr. Shehu Marshal

Zonal Youth Leader North East, Michael Tanko

Zonal Youth South West, Adedotun Oluwasegun

Zonal Woman Leader South East, Mrs. Helen Ojukwu

Zonal Woman Leader North East, Fatima Danjuma

Zonal Woman Leader North West, Aisha Kaita

Zonal Woman Leader South South, Rachael Bassey Akpabio

Zonal Woman Leader North Central, Hajia Hassana

Zonal Woman Leader South West, Kemi Nelson

Ex-Officio Member South East, Nduka Anyanwu

Ex-Officio Member North East, Mallam Mamman Isah Azare

Ex-Officio Member North West, Alhaji Nasiru Haladu Danu

Ex-Officio Member North Central, Hon. Nelson Alampa.

Ex-Officio Member (South-West), Mallam Razak Ayobamiseresil
e
National Vice Chairman (South-East) Emmanuel Eneukwu

National Vice Chairman (South-South) Iliad Atagbo

National Vice Chairman (North-East), Engr. Bibi Lawal[/b]

pls don't use that fish brain here again
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Skako(m): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2015
That is y i like my awaiting president

he have more thinking pple than mr jona

nobody can change my mind

ihavedecided

change is possible

sai baba

1 Like

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by dein77(m): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2015
Thought the APC initially opposed the confab? Now they are planning to implement it if elected. Scalar quantities!

Who is in a better position to Iimplement an idea other than its originator?

Wobbling folks!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by crownprince102: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2015
CONFAB was organise by one mumu and none of the recommendation has been taken to account. What kind of a leader is this? sad

Those people just go sit down, talk and collect 12 million naira. Lol grin . The essence of the cash is to keep their mouth shot. Why would a national service require such huge amount?
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by dein77(m): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2015
luvinhubby:
And APC as a party vehemently kicked against the convocation of the confab, now Buhari is telling us he will implement the report of a conference that his party APC refused to participate in or send a delegate.

And who will believe that a Fulani man will want Nigeria restructured and stop a section of the country funding the laziness of the other section.

APC & Buhari should please keep quiet on the issue of confab report & allow the man that convocated the conference implement the outcome.

God bless you. At this time in history, it's entirely optional to be deceived!

These northern folks have always resisted every attempt at restructuring our system so as to expedite development and progress. They have contributed almost nothing to the nation. They've benefitted criminally from the faulty structure of this nation. All of a sudden, I should believe these APC folks will allow such a restructuring to take place? A packaged lie.

5 Likes

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by CyberWolf: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2015
How can you implement what you don't believe in?...This dunce think we are fool angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by bewla(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2015
t
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2015
Bloody lying senile old man....nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Edygrin(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2015
The same APC that rejected the CONFAB?...Lol Nigerians are wiser

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Rawani: 9:30am On Mar 12, 2015
dein77:

Yes. We are listening to the inconsistent APC!

After initially rejecting and bad mouthing it, they are now telling us they will implement what they had earlier waved off as nothing. Epic instability!

The General is not a stick-in-the-mud that cannot listen to advice and opinion on what's better for Nigeria. He has just demonstrated that he will not put his personal interest ahead of national interest when he is sworn in, unlike Jonathan who sees nothing wrong with imposing criminals like Buruji Kashamu and Bode George as SW leaders against the wishes of the people.

Meanwhile tell Jonathan to stop his deceit and send the same Confab report to the National Assembly for implementation and stop using it to campaign. That report has been sitting on his table for 7 months now. Nigerians are not stupid, we know he will NOT implement that report once the elections are over.

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by dein77(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2015
Rawani:
I hope TANoids are listening.

Yes. We are listening to the inconsistent APC!

After initially rejecting and bad mouthing it, they are now telling us they will implement what they had earlier waved off as nothing. Epic instability!

1 Like

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2015
luvinhubby:

and d same gej kick against snc,when apc were clamouring for it initially,but gej convene when it reach d stage,he can not implement it again,apc knew d game this ogogoro man wants to play,can he implement that wasted confab now?d confab wil be dead by may 28,gej is just a deceiver,buhari wil convene sovereign national conference next 6months.
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Rawani: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2015
This is the only issue some SW 'elders' have used as an excuse to turn a blind eye to Jonathan's corruption, ineptitude and impunity while endorsing him.

Well General Buhari is giving you the same implementation without the corruption baggage.

What more can you ask for?

VOTE CHANGE.
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by CaptainAmerica1: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2015
By May 29, 1999, we had 23 PDP governors, 6 AD, and 7 APP. 16 years later, this is their story:

(A) PDP (23 governors)
1. James lbori - PDP Delta - in prison for looting
2. DSP Alamieseigha - PDP Bayelsa - Ex-convict for looting
3. Lucky Igbinedion - PDP Edo - Ex-convict for looting
4. Peter Odili - PDP Rivers - In court for looting
5. Chimaroke Nnamani - PDP Enugu - In court for looting
6. Ayo Fayose - PDP Ekiti - In court for looting
7. Rasheed Ladoja - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
8. Alao Akala - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
9. Gbenga Daniel - PDP Ogun - In court for looting
10. Ikenna Ohakim - PDP Imo - In court for looting
11. Adamu Muazu - Bauchi (current PDP National
Chairman) - In court for looting over N19 Billion from the state treasury
12. Joshua Dariye - PDP Plateau - In court for looting
13. Jolly Nyame - PDP Taraba - In court for looting the state treasury
14. Abdulahi Adamu - PDP Nassarawa - In court for looting the state treasury
15. Boni Haruna - PDP Adamawa - (newly appointed minister by President Jonathan) -
In court for looting the treasury
16. Saminu Turaki - EX-Gov. PDP Jigawa - In court for looting the treasury
17. Orji Uzor Kalu - PDP Abia - In court for looting the treasury

(B-). AD to AC- 6 govs.

NO Ex governor has ever been taken to court for treasury looting.
NOTE:- Tinubu of Lagos was dragged to Code of Conduct Tribunal for having foreign accounts while in power against government
policy of zero foreign account for public officials. He was found not guilty because he had the accounts before his election to the office of governor.
Case dismissed!

(C) APP - (ANPP) 7 governors
1. Attahiru Baffarawa - APP Sokoto - In court
for looting (he is now in a PDP member)
2. Prince Abubakar Audu - ANPP Kogi - In
court for looting.

So APC made up of AD/ AC/ACN of the past is
leading the pack. Does it not make perfect
sense to allow these people to lead at the center?
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 9:54am On Mar 12, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
and d same gej kick against snc,when apc were clamouring for it initially,but gej convene when it reach d stage,he can not implement it again,apc knew d game this ogogoro man wants to play,can he implement that wasted confab now?d confab wil be dead by may 28,gej is just a deceiver,buhari wil convene sovereign national conference next 6months.
Did you read the post at all?
Buhari is saying he will implement conference report, you his supporter is saying he will convene another conference.

It is an option to be deceived my friend & i have chosen not to be.

1 Like

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by BlackPeni5: 9:55am On Mar 12, 2015
APC and hypocrisy...you refused to attend...now you want to implement other people's hard work.

3 Likes

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2015
clevvermind:
keep quiet. Nigerians can't be deceived by you. we are voting for Jonathan. don't take us back to your evil days as head of state. we are already marching forward as a nation. we are wise now.
keep quiet,u want to remain in dis present evil corrupt govt,that kill innocent soul more than d past regime,u must be a fool to support dis present evil corrupt gay president.buhari wil take us back to d good old days,where corrupt pple wil be afraid to steal.dis present day evil must stop in jesus name.
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by chymystique(f): 9:57am On Mar 12, 2015
Beware of people that makes too many promises and chanting "Change" cause @ last they wont fufil any.. e.g GMB..

GMB pls go and "Change" the life of Katsina people before talking of Nigeria as a country.. anyways if you like promise heaaven and free 72virgins, GEJ will win come march 28th

2 Likes

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by dein77(m): 9:58am On Mar 12, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
keep quiet,u want to remain in dis present evil corrupt govt,that kill innocent soul more than d past regime,u must be a fool to support dis present evil corrupt gay president.buhari wil take us back to d good old days,where corrupt pple wil be afraid to steal.dis present day evil must stop in jesus name.

Whenever you type, you just keep betraying He that loves you, according to your moniker.

1 Like

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2015
Didn't APC kicked against the confab initially and was busy making mockery of GEJ for organizing it?
I wonder why suddenly they wanted to implement it if voted into power?
They are just day dreaming cos there is no vacancy in ASO Rock.

GEJ all the way!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Splashme: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2015
[size=14pt]Laughable!!!
Buhari will say anything because of election
[/size]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by clevvermind(m): 10:39am On Mar 12, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
typical of apc supporters. let me tell you again that buhari can never become president. is buhari himself not corrupt? a man that lied under oath and forged a certificate? grin take Jonathan to court if you have any proof that he is corrupt. ok.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Djicemob: 10:43am On Mar 12, 2015
The new meaning of change is wanting to take credits for another man's hardwork.If APC wants to follow and continue all the good things goodluck is doing then why do we need them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 10:44am On Mar 12, 2015
luvinhubby:

Did you read the post at all?
Buhari is saying he will implement conference report, you his supporter is saying he will convene another conference.

It is an option to be deceived my friend & i have chosen not to be.
d so call leader of afenifere don't know what they are asking for,who is going to implement that'come and chop' confab,that wil expire on may 28,buhari is saying,don't be deceive by gej antics, he is sincere and trust worthy,he wil convene and implement,because he cannot implement this charade confab report that wil die before buhari comes in.u just read without understand.
Re: APC Government Will Implement Recommendations In CONFAB Report - Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
d so call leader of afenifere don't know what they are asking for,who is going to implement that'come and chop' confab,that wil expire on may 28,buhari is saying,don't be deceive by gej antics, he is sincere and trust worthy,he wil convene and implement,because he cannot implement this charade confab report that wil die before buhari comes in.u just read without understand.
Please stop quoting me without anything meaningful to contribute.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SE/SS Will Support Buhari If... / What Is The Power Situation At Your Arear For Now? / Photos: Mali Hotel Attack Ends Leaving 27 People Dead (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.