Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB (710 Views)

Five(5)things People Don't Know About Bukola Saraki.. / I'll Soon Name Those That Didn't Want GMB To Be President - Oba Of Lagos / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB by Tonnierichy(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2015
After involving myself in series of arguements, I have been able to put together a few reasons as to why certain people don't want General Muhammadu Buhari as their president...

It is however unfortunate that people who have refused to accept GMB do so out of ignorance. Their reasons are quite illogical and clearly shows 1, how pdp's propagandas have worked on them so far. 2, it shows their inability to read both historical contemporary books, news and articles for themselves as well as read between the lines the things they've read. This has made them as clueless as the person they are supporting...
Their argument would however be discussed in subsequent sub headings...

THE COMMON BELIEF THAT GMB IS BEHIND THE BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY...

This I must say irritates me to the core because I don't see a way he can be involved in it without being exposed already. The president has all the security officials at his disposal, it wouldn't take them all 2 weeks to find out he's behind it and even provide proof to back their claims...Besides, it would be the best weapon for the president to use and bring his major competitor down and cement his place in aso rock for another four years.

THE FEAR OF GMB ISLAMISING THE COUNTRY...

I keep hearing this one over and over again. But I keep concluding that their ignorance of the man's history, both while he was in power and while he wasn't is responsible for this assertion... GMB had the chance to islamise the country as a military head of state and he didnt, why would he now do that now!? He could have easily passed a decree then and that's it...Talking now about a civilian rule, how could he possibly achieve that even given the fact that he has a christian as his running mate!! Aside this, GMB is known for always having things to do with Christians, he appointed Christians to very important offices during his regime as a military head of state...In addition to this, his personal cook for 15 years is christian.

THE INSINUATION THAT GMB IS TOO OLD TO RULE...

Many people of course didn't know Nelson Mandela was 74 when he became South African president...He was jailed for 27 years and he still had the strength to carry out his administrative duties. South Africans didn't think he was too old. That is the definition of a group of people that truly love democracy and are keen for progress in their country...Mandela before and after his death has become the most decorated and respected man in the history of Africa...I see no reason why there can't be a replica of that in this country that urgently needs a saviour...

THE FEAR OF GMB MALTREATING PEOPLE...

This is another point anti-GMBs often point out as to why they can't vote him. The young ignorant ones probably heard from the elderly ones how GMB had zero tolerance for indiscipline during his rule. It's only psychological for the dumb ones to have the notion that he would make life difficult for them if he is elected. As being narrow minded, they refuse to think and realise he did all he did the way he did them because it was a military rule...He can't be harsh on people in a civilian rule the way he was in his military rule which makes it perfect, i.e he would neither be too strict nor too soft. Nigeria as it is now don't need a soft leader where lawlessness has eaten deep into the people.

To this end, i would urge all individuals opposing GMB to have a rethink. Nigeria needs a leader that doesnt feel stealing is not corruption. The country needs a leader that would deal with corruption, insecurity, lawlessness head on. If you allow yourself to be bought by the dollars being distributed by GEJ today, you might stand to regret it for the rest of your life...

VOTE FOR SANITY!!

Add more to it...
Re: Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB by Tonnierichy(m): 11:47am On Mar 12, 2015
Re: Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB by temitemi1(m): 11:48am On Mar 12, 2015
Fear of tinubu extending his loots n empire to federal level grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB by Maccoy1(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2015
temitemi1:
Fear of tinubu extending his loots n empire to federal level grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

seconded....nd thirdly The evil that men do live after them, his evil past is really hunting him....nd finally he is surrounded by thiefs both new THIEFs Nd old ones from PDP.....ND last but not the least his manifesto is UNREALISTIC. i.e..#5000 for 23million jobless youth nd free school meals

GEJ TILL SOMEBODY TELLS ME how GMB will jail Tinubu, nd how's he's going to feed all the schools in 9ja everyday:.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Top Four Reasons Why People Don't Want GMB by Tonnierichy(m): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
Maccoy1:

seconded....nd thirdly The evil that men do live after them, his evil past is really hunting him....nd finally he is surrounded by thiefs both new THIEFs Nd old ones from PDP.....ND last but not the least his manifesto is UNREALISTIC. i.e..#5000 for 23million jobless youth nd free school meals

His manifestoes are realistic...he just needs to get enough money back from this corrupt GEJ administration and inject them to what he has in plan.

(1) (Reply)

"APC Suffering Near-success Syndrome Trauma"- PDP / NEDG Presidential Debate Live On AIT / BREAKING: Elections Must Hold, Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.