Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

"You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly (2439 Views)

Olu Of Warri, Emami Meet Osinbajo In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians Selling El-Rufai's Letter To Buhari, 'You Have Failed' (Photos) / Presidency Queries Why Yakasaai, Others Did Not Tell GEJ To Probe IBB, OBJ, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
You’ve Failed My People, Warri Monarch Tells
Jonathan …Militants In Verbal Battle Before Meeting
With President
•Tompolo, Emami in verbal battle before meeting
with President
Faced by the grim prospect of losing the support of the
Itsekiri of Delta State in this month’s election,
President Goodluck Jonathan has bowed to pressure to
perform the groundbreaking of the $16bn Delta Gas City
project at Ogidigben in the Warri South West Local
Government Area of the State, before the poll.
The deal was struck at separate meetings he held with
the paramount ruler of the Itsekiri, Olu of Warri, Ogiame
Atuwatse II and other Itsekiri leaders, as well as with
former militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo (aka
Tompolo) and Ayirimi Emami (aka Akulagba), at the
Government House, Asaba on Friday night.
Sources at the meetings said the President told Ayiri
and Tompolo that “he was coming to Warri in two
weeks to perform the groundbreaking ceremony and
asked them to go and settle their differences in the
interest of peace and development of the area.
“Consequently, everybody has agreed in principle to
allow the groundbreaking ceremony to take place . We
are expecting the ceremony to come up in two weeks
time. The president has asked the governor and NNPC to
work towards that date.”
The Itsekiri and the Ijaw are laying claim to the project
site.
Threats by Tompolo and his Ijaw kinsmen to unleash
mayhem on the area forced the President to call off the
first attempt to perform the ceremony last November.
Stunned by the President’s action,the Itsekiri resolved
to vote massively against him in the president election.
Meanwhile, a source at the meeting between the
President and Itsekiri leaders said the Itsekiri monarch
“bluntly told the President that he failed the Itsekiri
during his tenure” and that he (Olu) could not
guarantee his people’s votes for him.
The traditional ruler was also said to have told the
President that his people even got a better deal from
former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
“He told the President that as the paramount monarch
of the Itsekiri people, he could advise them on how to
vote. Nevertheless, he said it was not possible to go
back to tell his people to vote for him considering the
raw deal they have received from him.
“The Ogiame particularly lamented the manner the
President aborted the groundbreaking ceremony of the
gas project, which was the only benefit his people would
have received during his entire six years.”
Apparently worried by the tone of the monarch,
President Jonathan was said to have requested for a
private meeting with Tompolo and the Akulagba – two
of the key players in the controversy over ownership of
the lands in the area.
It was gathered that a pre-meeting between the duo was
almost called off due to hot exchange of words between
the Ijaw and Itsekiri leaders, who bickered over the
ownership of the contentious site of the project.
“Although Tompolo was willing to concede that the
2,800 hectares site of the gas project is owned
exclusively by Itsekiri, he wanted an assurance from
Akulagba that the site of the deep sea port would be
conceded to the Ijaws of Gbaramatu.
“Ayiri insisted that all the land, including where some
Gbaramatu communities are located is owned by the
Itsekiri, insisting that he would not be cowed by threat
of war or violence to concede his kinsmen’s property
for peace.”
In spite of the latest development, it was gathered that
Emami is planning to go to court if the deep sea port is
conceded to the Ijaws as it is being proposed by the
President and the Delta State Government.
“From what we have gathered, he has concluded plans to
challenge the Ijaw’s claim to the land, particularly
Ikpokpo and other communities alleged annexed by the
Ijaws during the Ijaw/Itsekiri crisis.”

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2015/03/01/youve-failed-my-people-warri-monarch-tells-jonathan-militants-in-verbal-battle-before-meeting-with-president/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by temitemi1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
This must be coming from apc bulletin. GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
The Author of this write up is an excuse and a shame to journalism.

The OP is not exonerated either..........like attracts like...

How does the headline or subject justify the write up?

Pathetic!
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
tswitch:
The Author of this write up is an excuse and a shame to journalism.

The OP is not exonerated either..........like attracts like...

How does the headline or subject justify the write up?

Pathetic!

what is this one saying.
how lengthy is this that u can't comprehend?

7 Likes

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
temitemi1:

nope, it's rather the tale of a clanish leader called JONATHAN.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by GboyegaD(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
Did he perform in any way?

1 Like

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by Ralphloren25(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
The King should take heart. GEJ has failed even his ancestors.

Even PEJ is blaming him for her inability to beget children.

12 Likes

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by Flets: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sorry OP, You came late

We have decided. ... GEJ continua!!!!

#NEVER AGAIN will APC have sense

1 Like

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
Flets:
Sorry OP, You came late

We have decided. ... GEJ continua!!!!

#NEVER AGAIN will APC have sense

there goes a cluesless fellow.....

4 Likes

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by fr3do(m): 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ralphloren25:
The King should take heart. GEJ has failed even his ancestors.

Even PEJ is blaming him for her inability to beget children.

Cheap!
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by steppins: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Olu never see chomtin.
When you vote for this "change agents", your eye go clear.
Wait for your turn.
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
asamaigho:

what is this one saying.
how lengthy is this that u can't comprehend?

Compare the contents of the write up and the subject heading and spew thrash again - allegedly is not irrefutable.......Journalism 101. Do you now see that your zero comprehension and hollow brain condemns you.

Is it not the same Delta state that got a Cargo Airport, Federal University and other institutions sited at Asaba?

Who do you think your phony gazzellenews website would deceive?

If you have any iota of sense you will realise that all infighting for claim on the gas project stopped for only one reason-GEJ'S GROUNDBREAKING ON ANY LAND (EITHER URHROBO OR IJAW OR ISOKO OR ITSEKIRI ) IS PREFERABLE THAN BUHARI'S OUTRIGHT CANCELLATION. Do you think that joke Emerhor stands a chance in even a chancellorship election? Yeah I thought so.

APC manufacturing stories and making a fool of themselves daily has made the writing on the wall lucid..........GEJ'19.
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2015
tswitch:

Compare the contents of the write up and the subject heading and spew thrash again - allegedly is not irrefutable.......Journalism 101. Do you now see that your zero comprehension and hollow brain condemns you.

Is it not the same Delta state that got a Cargo Airport, Federal University and other institutions sited at Asaba?

Who do you think your phony gazzellenews website would deceive?

If you have any iota of sense you will realise that all infighting for claim on the gas project stopped for only one reason-GEJ'S GROUNDBREAKING ON ANY LAND (EITHER URHROBO OR IJAW OR ISOKO OR ITSEKIRI ) IS PREFERABLE THAN BUHARI'S OUTRIGHT CANCELLATION. Do you think that joke Emerhor stands a chance in even a chancellorship election? Yeah I thought so.

APC manufacturing stories and making a fool of themselves daily has made the writing on the wall lucid..........GEJ'19.

your response is characterized by brain disorderlyness.
ur facts are dry, d airport u mentioned is a state project,d university u mentioned was done by OBJ.

get ur facts right before u start typing dust from ur TECNO PHONE.

The president is playing a clanish politics, he is seen as an IJAW LEADER RATHER THAN A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT.,and dat is bad for d nation, I don't see any reason on God's earth why d IJAWS will want to stop a project sited in WHOLLY ITSEKIRI LAND.

4 Likes

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 9:09am On Mar 13, 2015
asamaigho:

your response is characterized by brain disorderlyness.
ur facts are dry, d airport u mentioned is a state project,d university u mentioned was done by OBJ.

get ur facts right before u start typing dust from ur TECNO PHONE.

The president is playing a clanish politics, he is seen as an IJAW LEADER RATHER THAN A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT.,and dat is bad for d nation, I don't see any reason on God's earth why d IJAWS will want to stop a project sited in WHOLLY ITSEKIRI LAND.

Your dementia afflicted brain needs an overhaul.

You said the federal university of Asaba was built by Obasanjo. Liar! Liars like your kind in civilised society should be horsewhipped and shot in the mouth at dawn.
For the record I said CARGO Airport not the Uduaghan commisioned State owned Asaba airport along Asaba- Opanam road,get that into the cask you call a skull.
Go and read newspapers (and I dont mean sensational headlines like the tabloid thrash you quoted here),watch news and find out how long it has taken for decision on location to be agreed on. Most of all go and get comprehension.

If your life is so pathetic and filled with ignorance do the whole world a favour and do yourself in.
Nigeria is a better place without your sort around.

Buzz off and don't quote me again with your pathetic unfounded lies.

Illiterate fraud!
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2015
just prove wrong dat u ain't a lame duck!
which state in Nigeria has two federal university? ,beside delta has three airport one in asaba,one in warri(osubi owned by shell) and anoda in escravos owned by chevron. so kindly tell us WHERE DIS UR CARGO AIRPORT IS LOCATED?
as for d asaba federal university (if) it exists am sure u r their only student.
finally u really need a mental excursion cos ur brain needs serious awakening before it's to late.

Sai Buhari until PDP BUYS SHOES FOR D SHOELESS ONE.

1 Like

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2015
tswitch:

Your dementia afflicted brain needs an overhaul.

You said the federal university of Asaba was built by Obasanjo. Liar! Liars like your kind in civilised society should be horsewhipped and shot in the mouth at dawn.
For the record I said CARGO Airport not the Uduaghan commisioned State owned Asaba airport along Asaba- Opanam road,get that into the cask you call a skull.
Go and read newspapers (and I dont mean sensational headlines like the tabloid thrash you quoted here),watch news and find out how long it has taken for decision on location to be agreed on. Most of all go and get comprehension.

If your life is so pathetic and filled with ignorance do the whole world a favour and do yourself in.
Nigeria is a better place without your sort around.

Buzz off and don't quote me again with your pathetic unfounded lies.

Illiterate fraud!

,beside
delta has three airport one in asaba,one in warri(osubi
owned by shell) and anoda in escravos owned by chevron.
so kindly tell us WHERE DIS UR CARGO AIRPORT IS
LOCATED?
as for d asaba federal university(glorified secondary school) underserved beta.
finally u really need a mental excursion cos ur brain needs
serious awakening before it's to late.
Sai Buhari until PDP BUYS SHOES FOR D SHOELESS
ONE.

1 Like

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by Boss13: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2015
I was wondering the sudden wealth of Ayiri and how come he remained unknown for a long while. I guess he benefits from the illegal contract Jonathan awards ex-militants.
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2015
asamaigho:

,beside
delta has three airport one in asaba,one in warri(osubi
owned by shell) and anoda in escravos owned by chevron.
so kindly tell us WHERE DIS UR CARGO AIRPORT IS
LOCATED?
as for d asaba federal university(glorified secondary school) underserved beta.
finally u really need a mental excursion cos ur brain needs
serious awakening before it's to late.
Sai Buhari until PDP BUYS SHOES FOR D SHOELESS
ONE.

So now your deranged rantings have accepted Johnathan built the Federal University at Asaba.
A glorified secondary school you say,when it is obvious to any reader you are in dire need of a secondary education.

As I earlier mentioned the terminal is for CARGO and I am not dissapointed a harebrained nitwit like you dont know what I meant:

http://deltastate.gov.ng/index.php/media-centre/news-event/976-fg-kicks-off-construction-of-cargo-terminal-at-asaba-int-l-airport

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/137830/1/fg-kicks-off-construction-of-cargo-terminal-at-asa.html

This last link is for your uncouth brain to better understand infrastructural development and other landmark acheivements in Delta by the Goodluck administration:

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/jonathan-lauds-uduaghan-dev-commissions-bridge-linking-edo-delta/

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/nigeria-maritime-university-niger-delta-development/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-to-unveil-nigeria-s-maritime-university-nimasa-dockyard/177541/

Illiterate lying psychopath!
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 6:36am On Mar 14, 2015
tswitch:

So now your deranged rantings have accepted Johnathan built the Federal University at Asaba.
A glorified secondary school you say,when it is obvious to any reader you are in dire need of a secondary education.

As I earlier mentioned the terminal is for CARGO and I am not dissapointed a harebrained nitwit like you dont know what I meant:

http://deltastate.gov.ng/index.php/media-centre/news-event/976-fg-kicks-off-construction-of-cargo-terminal-at-asaba-int-l-airport

http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/137830/1/fg-kicks-off-construction-of-cargo-terminal-at-asa.html

This last link is for your uncouth brain to better understand infrastructural development and other landmark acheivements in Delta by the Goodluck administration:

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/jonathan-lauds-uduaghan-dev-commissions-bridge-linking-edo-delta/

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/nigeria-maritime-university-niger-delta-development/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-to-unveil-nigeria-s-maritime-university-nimasa-dockyard/177541/

Illiterate lying psychopath!

it's no longer a CARGO AIRPORT,now it's a cargo terminal abi !c ur life!
it seems u hinge ur entire been on empty knowledge, I can c dat d deteriorating educational system have affected greatly ur sence of reasoning.
coconut headed schizophrenia wanting to e noticed.
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by arsetalks(m): 7:50am On Mar 14, 2015
temitemi1:
Award winning idiota. Oponou eda.

A robot is better than you
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
asamaigho:

it's no longer a CARGO AIRPORT,now it's a cargo terminal abi !c ur life!
it seems u hinge ur entire been on empty knowledge, I can c dat d deteriorating educational system have affected greatly ur sence of reasoning.
coconut headed schizophrenia wanting to e noticed.

See this uneducated nitwit.
You say they are no achievements I list some for you.
So what you have issue now is he is buliding the cargo airport of Delta state in the vicinity of the present one as a terminal?
You deserve public flogging for being stupid and a hater of progress. List any cargo terminal or airport in Nigeria prior to Goodluck's administration.......

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110403093120AAh6VPp

You are the same dingbat that goofed on Johnathan's achievements in a state you obviously haven't been to or even if you are there you are too irrelevant to know any better.
Pathetic!

Kindly refrain from quoting me I detest having any semblance of conversation with beings like you.
Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by asamaigho(m): 6:53am On Mar 15, 2015
tswitch:

See this uneducated nitwit.
You say they are no achievements I list some for you.
So what you have issue now is he is buliding the cargo airport of Delta state in the vicinity of the present one as a terminal?
You deserve public flogging for being stupid and a hater of progress. List any cargo terminal or airport in Nigeria prior to Goodluck's administration.......

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110403093120AAh6VPp

You are the same dingbat that goofed on Johnathan's achievements in a state you obviously haven't been to or even if you are there you are too irrelevant to know any better.
Pathetic!

Kindly refrain from quoting me I detest having any semblance of conversation with beings like you.

u r obviously a pathetic dipstick, an irredeemable meathead, ur ignorance is a trillion light years away from reality.
I don't have time for Ur type cos ur illiteracy need urgent attention ,u can consider any nearest creche for urgent attention,it may b of help (just trying to be optimistic),anyway
no need glorifying an urchin like. ur SENse of reasoning is so delinquent as it has obviously evaporated like methane into the abysmal junkyard of ignorance.

Sai Buhari until all pro gejites put on thinking CAPS

1 Like

Re: "You Have Failed The Itsekiri People" Olu Of Warri Tell Gej Bluntly by tswitch: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
asamaigho:

u r obviously a pathetic dipstick, an irredeemable meathead, ur ignorance is a trillion light years away from reality.
I don't have time for Ur type cos ur illiteracy need urgent attention ,u can consider any nearest creche for urgent attention,it may b of help (just trying to be optimistic),anyway
no need glorifying an urchin like. ur SENse of reasoning is so delinquent as it has obviously evaporated like methane into the abysmal junkyard of ignorance.

Sai Buhari until all pro gejites put on thinking CAPS

Your sputtering doesn't change the fact that you are a candidate of mediocrity and propaganda.
Have fun living the deluded existence you call a life!

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE(photo):Fake Result Sheets Circulating Online,See Irregularities in forms / January 1966 Coup Or Biafran War? / See Photo Of British Troops Training Nigerian Soldiers To Help Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.