Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error (34908 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South African Policeman Flees Snake Screaming And Shouting Like A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by donodion(m): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
BluIvy:

Would you stop making phoolish comments! These m0r0ns developed their skills throughfacing South African youth with only stones and petrol bombs. And 99.99% of that youth is still around to tell the tales.

Shhhhh!Seal it up and sit still young woman.Whats phoolish about the statement?Agreed many of these mercenaries were young soldiers during the apartheid era but they also utilise their skills in what they were trained outside SA as merchants of war.Most of these cowboys very well served RSA during the white rule before their gradual disbandment.I am not a South African citizen yes, however we know apartheid rule did not end with youths arming themselves stones,petrol bombs and pangas. Tales by moonlight. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I repeat, these groups are experienced and know what damages they are capable of if not they would not be highly recommended and that goes with the digits they are paid with. NO SERVING MILITARY OFFICER PRESENT EARNS WHAT THEY ARE EARNING.

If this incident had not happened, no one would have even known how much they are earning.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by donodion(m): 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
BluIvy:

Well others paid to go die in some church in Nigeria. These get killed by their own paddies.We are talking about guys who have been to wars in Angola, Afghanistan & Iraq being killed in error! Lol cheesy Nigerian gods must be
crazy! They were paid more in Iraq, they are used to bigger amounts than that I am sure they expected they could die but were oblivious to being killed by their apprentices.

And you say these are sentiments? Well lets watch and see! Hhighlights gross cluelessness and chaos in the whole operation.

Stupidity kills!

See why i asked you to drop your sentiments? The two were killed in error as they were mistaken for unfriendlies. This happens in warfare all the time and these South Africans are no exception. Even among the experienced and well developed military officers been engage (Sgt. Andrew Joseph Doiron was mistaken for ISIS and killed because of Canadians’ ‘illogical’ action at front line, Kurds say.....http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/08/sgt-andrew-joseph-doiron-was-mistaken-for-isis-and-killed-because-of-canadians-illogical-action-at-front-line/)

If going by your pontification here, then why was Thabo Mbeki not killed by Nigeria gods bailing for South African blood when he was in Nigeria ?

Keep taunting them with your careless statements, you know how nice nairalanders have always been with you.

2 Likes

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt] Blind and clueless Armies PDP sent to attack, who can't spot the difference between an innocent "Host" and Boko-harrams. undecided [/size]
goat!
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by LewisO: 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
shadowgwalker:
goat!
[size=15pt]Cow! [/size]
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
see eh!this one nah lie! only kids will believe this rubbish, you guys just enjoy killing the morale of the Nigerian army! bloody ungrateful bastardz!

when military carry out movements, they are constantly using radio communication, this is a JTF operation in a hostile place. how do you believe they were moving in convoy so they shot them. in fact, they shot just two in the convoy? ok nah!

1 Like

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
[s]
donodion:

See why i asked you to drop your sentiments? The two were killed in error as they were mistaken for unfriendlies. This happens in warfare all the time and these South Africans are no exception. Even among the experienced and well developed military officers been engage (Sgt. Andrew Joseph Doiron was mistaken for ISIS and killed because of Canadians’ ‘illogical’ action at front line, Kurds say.....http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/08/sgt-andrew-joseph-doiron-was-mistaken-for-isis-and-killed-because-of-canadians-illogical-action-at-front-line/)

If going by your pontification here, then why was Thabo Mbeki not killed by Nigeria gods bailing for South African blood when he was in Nigeria ?

Keep taunting them with your careless statements, you know how nice nairalanders have always been with you
[/s]

Rubbish! Are you threatening me with the NLstoogies? Says someone who enjoys our tax payers caretacy as we speak. Your stoogies know its pound for pound with me. Bloody agent. **in Juju's voice**
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by donodion(m): 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
BluIvy:

Rubbish! Are you threatening me with the NLstoogies? Says someone who enjoys our tax payers caretacy as we speak. Your stoogies know its pound for pound with me. Bloody agent. **in Juju's voice**
Loooooooooool. I see I struck a nerve. Dammmmn right and about time.You've seen you got no fact and resort to silly little insults.S-t-u-p-i-d girl.

Yes I am a full blood Nigerian ( take note) ,studied,working and living in SA.On this forum its a glaring fact and im not one of those refugees you so love to howl at since that seem to relieve you of your daily misery.

A pound for pound? Hahahahaha,...With who? Oh plzzzzzz and where's the pound?

Arrant nonsense.Come back when you have anything reasonable ,that is if you have any left ,Pleb!!!
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by ezeuju1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
Friendly fire
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by gogodaye(m): 12:10am On Mar 14, 2015
With the business of the day almost concluded in Nigeria with BHs pounding and the liberation of the several communities once held by them coupled with the threats of imprisonment by the black led SA on these merchants of war....tagged as mercenaries by their home government...should they dare set foot back on South African soil..
These blokes have learnt to play a fast one on their home government with stories now emanating of them from Nigeria of them being killed whilst they are at the battle theatre in Nigeria to deflect attention from them whilst they quietly sneak back home to enjoy their earnings after s job well done.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 14, 2015
BluIvy:

Shut the f**K up and look for a smelling Township boyfriend you are used to, you sad and lonely Zulu!
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by SemuhleB(f): 3:33am On Mar 14, 2015
This is really sad
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 14, 2015
[s]
donodion:
Loooooooooool. I see I struck a nerve. Dammmmn right and about time.You've seen you got no fact and resort to silly little insults.S-t-u-p-i-d girl.

Yes I am a full blood Nigerian ( take note) ,studied,working and living in SA.On this forum its a glaring fact and im not one of those refugees you so love to howl at since that seem to relieve you of your daily misery.

A pound for pound? Hahahahaha,...With who? Oh plzzzzz
z and where's the pound?

Arrant nonsense.Come back when you have anything reasonable ,that is if you have any left ,Pleb!!!
[/s]

Blah, Blah, Blah! Always going on a tangent! Call your stoogies, dumbooo! I am glad that you have access to better life and education. Now behave and not threaten people for just being on a forum while you are in their green pasture. Goat! grin
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by tit(f): 5:36am On Mar 14, 2015
BluIvy:

I'm sure that could be very frustrating. He is taking over your job of being the chief troll in Nairaland!
Soorrrrrrrrr!!! tongue

See me see trouble ooo.
the mugun has forgotten how RSA armor units got lost when they tried to intervene in, is it Angola or Zimbabwe, about ten years ago.
i guess they cowardly avoided confrontation with hostiles and claimed they had no maps.

next thing he will challenge the giant of Africa to a wrestling match.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 14, 2015
tit:

See me see trouble ooo.
the mugun has forgotten how RSA armor units got lost when they tried to intervene in, is it Angola or Zimbabwe, about ten years ago.
i guess they cowardly avoided confrontation with hostiles and claimed they had no maps.

next thing he will challenge the giant of Africa to a wrestling match.

You are a confused troll at that. What are you on about? We are the ones posting that storyof the mercenaries arrested in Zimbabwe, dumboo! We are against these mercenaries. Let me give you the direction to attack me since you seem to have lost your own thought process map. You need to support the mercenaries offering help to Naija against BH.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by donodion(m): 7:12am On Mar 14, 2015
BluIvy:
[s][/s]

Blah, Blah, Blah! Always going on a tangent! Call your stoogies, dumbooo! I am glad that you have access to better life and education. Now behave and not threaten people for just being on a forum while you are in their green pasture. Goat! grin

Fvck you Miss green brain.So that's all you got?You let me down yet again with your whacked comprehension skills.
Spare me your fake well wishes. You writing kak (sh-it)in a forum I'll return the favour blow by blow.Who or what do you think you are?

I'm where I am as providence,time and divine privileges ordained to which I'm grateful,not to sooth the "virtual" ego of some confused,half-bred, irritating stiff necked negro from the southern hemisphere.You goofed ,out of order and i called out your bullsh-it.Live with it and nurse your hurt.But if you want test the rough water with me,bring it on else shush and buzz off, tsetsevlieg.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 14, 2015
BluIvy:

You are a confused troll at that. What are you on about? We are the ones posting that storyof the mercenaries arrested in Zimbabwe, dumboo! We are against these mercenaries. Let me give you the direction to attack me since you seem to have lost your own thought process map. You need to support the mercenaries offering help to Naija against BH.
Jerk!Smelling South African lady! angry
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2015
Bluvly
I came to the office this morning just to hang around here and blogg on cricket world cup site motivating our boys.

This idiot is a fool, he doesnt know that Koevoet was a POLICE SQUAD that operarated mainly in Namibia then Zmibabwe and SA,Zambia,Angola and other parts of SADC. This squad was made of 250 Afrikaners and 800 Ovambos of Namibia.

The Afrikaners lasted for few weeks in SA,Angola,Namibian etc..borders the blacks Ovambo spies did the fight black on black.

I find it funny today that someone from Nigeria thinks Old 51-70+ year old Koevoet police squad members are hardcore fighters
BELIEVE IT OR NOT ONE OF THE KOEVOET/APARTHEID ERA POLICE SQUAD IN NIGERIA DIED FROM HEART ATTACK. This oldies might die infront of their opponent. Some were caught in Zimbabwe while trying to go to Equatorial Guinea to help topple president Nguema are in jail there. While some of their members in SA, Namibia andf Angola jails for the sins of the past. Today there are fewer than 200 former Koevoet members alive and most are cripples.
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2015
Some people were questioning why Nigerian president wasn't allowed to speak on Madiba's funeral. It looks like the older people knew alot of things that we young people who were born after 1992 didn't know. By now we know that a section of Nigerians were against SADC countries....[b][/b] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE TRUTH IS COMING OUT EVERYDAY, DESPITE CLAIMING TO BE FRONTLINE IN FIGHTING FOR AFRICANS...Their actions show visa versa.
I can tell u now that if these freedom fighters were alive they would be Goodluck Jonathan'/WESTERN SPY AND PUPPETopponents
The likes of Mandela,Lumumba,Kenyatta,Samora Machel,Kenneth Kaunda etc...
Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2015
Another former Koevoet/police squad member was released from jail to tell the truth and show us the other people who were involved in the wrongs of the past. Am sure some of the Koevoet members in Nigeria will be recalled on their return to SA.

WE LIVE IN EXCITING TIMES, WHERE WE WILL KNOW WHO CONTRIBUTED WHAT TO SADC AND EAST AFRICA.

I wont be surprized if these old apartheid era oldies mention Nigerians...they're telling the TRUTH NOW.[b][/b]

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2015
@Dondion
Do be surprized to see YOUNG SOUTH AFRICANS raising their hands to fighting against Nigerian army if Boko Haram asks for help.
Already in places like Durban,Cape Town,Jhb etc..there are many young people who have applied to fight for ISIS for FREE!!!!!!They're white English speaking and Indian,Malay muslims...am sure Africans will join in.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One of them is this liberal English boy born in 1992 and hates INJUSTICE.....hes Christian and not a religious bigot ...

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2015
Dondion

Shes Jewish and ANTI APARTHEID like many SA Jews, fought Koevoet/apartheid era police squad (who are now employed by GEJ) and exposed them. Shes the one who brought forward STEVE BANTU BIKO's killers...

Today you're parading cowards who use to kill themselves because they knew what they were doing was wrong.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 10:53am On Mar 14, 2015
Dondion
Your Koevoet failed to kill Mandela... cheesy grin grin grin

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:01am On Mar 14, 2015
SOUTH AFRICA'S FRIENDS DURING HARD TIMES...Those who dont claim to have helped us.
AFRICA
in Africa Kenya,Algeria and Egypt trained our people, Ethiopia,DRC,Congo Brazza,Zimbabwe,Zambia,Tanzania,Botswana,Malawi,Mozambique,Ghana,CIV,Senegal,Burkina Faso the land of Sankara the Fulani man who was against European domination in Africa and one of my heroes etc..the other country called Nigeria is proving everyday that they're lying. Actually I think the SW and North Nigeria did support SA oppressed people am doubting the SE Nigeria. FACT.

EUROPE
Ireland, some sections of Scotland,France,UK,Russia fully supported SA and housed SA guerillas..

ASIA
China,India,Indonasia,Malaysia,North Korea etc..all Asians supported SA excluding Japan.

SOUTH AMERICA
Brazil,Colombia,Venezuela etc..all supported us.

WEST INDIES
Cuba (they trained us and today their dodctors and Engineers are all over SA),Jamaica and all other islands supported us.
MANDELA IN ALGERIA MILITARY TRAINING.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2015
The mighty RUSSIAN feared by Boers for their superior weaponry.
The US,UK,Germany,Israel backed off from supporting SA apartheid era government due to pressure from international community and their citizens.

The apartheid era army was left and were defeated by MK and Naimibia/SWAPO, Angolan,Cuban guerrilas in Angola who still received help from RUSSIANS.

MIGHTY RUSSIA AND FUTURE WORLD GIANT. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin their stamps and schools had pictures of the late FREEDOM fighter Mandela. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin today SANDF has alot of RUSSIANS even our weapon manufacturing firms like DENEL are led by Russians.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:19am On Mar 14, 2015
cheesy grin grin grin grin the descendants of spies and puppets are coming out everyday.
SA will never support the black on black war where religious and tribal difference is the main reason for the war. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin undecided undecided

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2015
RUSSIA our friends and true brothers despite the fact that they're white. We both hate INJUSTICE...thats what binds us.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
The black American community played a big role, today SA has alot of half SA black and Afro American and west indian roots. The likes of Sal Masekela, Lindiwe Suttle, the Carmichael boys, Nana Meriweather born in SOWETO and former MISS USA 2012 etc.. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin while many Black Americans came to SA and sailers and missionaries in the 1880s and settled in Port Elezabeth and other parts of the Eastern Cape.
Another Xhosa professor from Fort Hare university has an ancestor from these US blacks they were from the Deep South.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2015
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Zionist president of Nigeria Jonathan diving Nigeria thru religion and tribalism..Hes a puppet like his forefathers Ijaw kings and chiefs who sold other Africans (Igbos,Annang,Mokos,Efiks) to European slavers during ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin his hands are still full of blood of those slaves. Lately he has employed Apartheid era police squad to help fight Boko Haram. HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF IN 2015.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2015
We thank all Lithuanian,SA, UK,German etc..Jews for standing with SA during apartheid. cheesy grin grin grin grin

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2015
Those who fought Koevoet and won.. cheesy grin grin grin grin one can't forget MAMA RUTH FIRST ENGLISH LIBERAL AND ANTI-APARTHEID ACTIVIST.
Today young white liberals in SA are following her foot steps.

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:53am On Mar 14, 2015
The Battle of Cuito Cuanavale and Cuba's Role in the Defeat of Apartheid (apart-hate)

With Cuban reinforcements, the Angolans withstood major assaults on 23 January, 25 February and 23 March. The Boars were repulsed with heavy losses, and the Angolan and Cuban forces seized the military initiative. This initiative changed the military, political, and diplomatic balance in the region. The SADF had become emboldened to embark on a massive destabilization of Southern Africa After the coming to power of the Reagan administration in 1981 and the encouragement and attempted enforcement of the principles of “constructive engagement,”. This constructive engagement was about destabilization of the Southern regions, in the form of a low-intensity war in Mozambique and an open, conventional war in Angola. There was a counterinsurgency war against the Namibian peoples, and in Azania itself the troops of the SADF occupied the African township. The SADF was overstretched and its offensive in Angola brought to the forefront the limitations of an army fighting without moral support at home and abroad.
——————————————————————

The Cuban and Angolan forces were aligned with the African National Congress (ANC) of South Africa and the South West African Peoples Organization (SWAPO) of Namibia. For the first time since 1981, the Angolan army was able to reoccupy the area adjacent to Namibia. So confident were the Angolans and Cubans that in the space of less than three months they built two airstrips to consolidate their recapture of the southern province of Cunene. Trapped by the rainy season, bogged down by the terrain, and encircled, the South Africans made one desperate attempt to break out on 27 June and were again defeated. One South African newspaper called the defeat “a crushing humiliation.” The Cuban and Angolan forces were aligned with the African National Congress (ANC) of South Africa and the South West African Peoples Organization (SWAPO) of Namibia. For the first time since 1981, the Angolan army was able to reoccupy the area adjacent to Namibia. So confident were the Angolans and Cubans that in the space of less than three months they built two airstrips to consolidate their recapture of the southern province of Cunene. Trapped by the rainy season, bogged down by the terrain, and encircled, the South Africans made one desperate attempt to break out on 27 June and were again defeated. One South African newspaper called the defeat “a crushing humiliation.”

Failing to take Cuito Cuanavale with over 9,000 soldiers, even after announcing that it had done so, losing air superiority, and faced with mutinies among enlisted “knee-grow” troops and a high casualty rate among Anglo-Saxons, the the government of the settler invaders reached such a desperate situation that President Botha had to fly to the war zone when the operational command of the SADF broke down.

The wars were followed by diplomatic initiatives that the settler invaders had previously been able to block. After the 23 March reversals at Cuito Cuanavale, the Boars started talks that culminated in the 22 December agreement on the implementation of Resolution 435 of the Security Council of the United Nations, laying the steps for the recovery of the independence of Namibia. A year later, in the February 1990, the government of the settler invaders released Nelson Mandel and unbanned the African National Congress (ANC) and the other liberation movements in South Africa. In 2007, the Angolan president paid homage to the more than 300,000 Cuban troops and nearly 50,000 civilian internationalists who have performed service in that African nation. In 1976, Cuban troops were decisive in defeating US-backed troops and South African forces posed against full Angolan independence.

————————————————————————————-

Jonas Savimbi: Judas in the bush

The withdrawal of the SADF from Angola did not end the war. The army of UNITA continued fighting. There was a peace accord in 1991 leading to elections in September 1992. The party of UNITA lost the elections and returned to war. Twelve years after Cuito Cuanavale the Angolan society was still mired in warfare. And they would not see any true resolution as long as America Inc. and it’s European sister countries and the UN continued to use “Judas” Savimbi as an agent of destabilization and prevention of true African democracy and liberation in Angola. Since winning its sovereignty, Angola’s economy had undergone a period of transformation, moving from the disarray caused by a quarter century of civil war to being the fastest growing economy in Africa and one of the fastest in the world. Growth in the country almost entirely driven by rising oil production, which is close 2 million barrels per day. Control in that oil industry is consolidated in a conglomerate that is owned by the Angolan government.

Jonas Savimbi inserted himself into the Angolan political scene in the late sixties as an anti colonialist crusader. Failing to outsmart his rivals and grasp power when the colonial masters left in 1975, Savimbi and his followers went into the bush to wage war against the MPLA government then led by Dr. Neto. The war was later to transform Savimbi into Africa’s great traitor (he allied himself with Apartheid South Africa), and a psychopathic butcher. Savimbi is largely to blame for the perpetuation of the Angolan civil war. He rejected the results of free and fair elections organized by the international community in 1992 because he was the loser. He violated the Lusaka accord of 1995 and rejected the post of Vice president offered to him by Dos Santos (Angolan president). In 1996. Savimbi placed obstacles on every negotiation and invented all the excuses to justify his preference for the rule of the gun. In effect, he realized that he could protect his selfish interests better when his country was at war than at peacetime. Savimbi was not only a warlord. He was a bandit and an outlaw heading a criminal organization that depended on what the United Nations termed “Conflict Diamonds” for survival.

According to a 1999 BBC News Online report, Angola has the greatest concentration of land mines in the world. The 15 million land mines (one mine to every Angolan) scattered all over the country effectively render a third of the land unusable. There are 70,000 Angolans believed to have lost limbs to land mines, and close to a million that have perished due to the war. Angola is a country with close to 4 million internally displaced people many of whom are homeless. Savimbi ran the part of the country under his control as a personal fiefdom and profited from that to loot diamonds and sell. The U.K. based Global Witness Ltd. reported that diamond production generated $ 3.7 billion in revenue for Savimbi’s UNITA between 1992 and 1998. This represented 60-70% of Angola’s total diamond production.

He was sponsored by the CIA in the seventies to counter Soviet influence on the continent. In the eighties, Ronald Reagan embraced him as ‘friend’ and ‘freedom fighter’ as well as a thief and murderer in the nineties. It was only when his excess soon became such an embarrassment then America Inc.’s ‘friend’ caused a policy review paving the way for the Clinton administration to recognize the government of José Eduardo Dos Santos. Savimbi’s UNITA is currently suspected of having shady diamond deals with Al Qaeda. The government in Washington was working hard to confirm the Al Qaeda link as an excuse to justify shedding, for their departed former comrade.

The death of Jonas Savimbi in 2002 was seriously welcomed with joy by the teeming millions of Angola’s wasted generation and proponents of African liberation. After 26 years of civil war the people hoped that the U.S. government and all those involved in the genesis of the Angolan saga would continue to keep their pilfering hands of Africa and the people use this opportunity to find a lasting peace. Unfortunately stories like the movie Blood Diamonds tell a more realistic story of Multinationals and big corporations popping up in the background of poor mineral rich countries or those with strategic geo-political use.

http://blackmystory.net/the-battle-of-cuito-cuanavale-and-cubas-role-in-the-defeat-of-apartheid-apart-hate/

Re: 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error by dieantwordRSA: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2015
Dondion

Corect yourself stupid flat head, Koevoet were a police squad... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I know you're desparate and trying to give Nigerians false hope. grin grin grin grin most of these Koevoet heads are in SA,Namibian,Angolan jails..as I said on my other posts.

The Military Defeat of the South Africans in Angola
by Horace Campbell
topics: History places: Africa, Angola

Horace Campbell is Professor of African American Studies and Political Science at Syracuse University. He is the author of Global NATO and the Catastrophic Failure in Libya: Lessons for Africa in the Forging of African Unity (Monthly Review Press, forthcoming), as well as Rasta and Resistance: From Marcus Garvey to Walter Rodney (1987) and Barack Obama and 21st Century Politics: A Revolutionary Moment in the USA (2010).

In Angola in the spring of 1988 the armed forces of apartheid South Africa and the US-backed mercenaries of Jonas Savimbi were defeated by the combined force of the Cuban military, the Angolan army, and the military units of the liberation movements of South Africa and Namibia. This led directly to the independence of Namibia and then to the fall of the apartheid regime in South Africa itself. Cuba’s heroic role is the outstanding example of principled anti-imperialist internationalism in the last decades of the twentieth century. (See a map of Angola below.)

We celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of these events by reprinting the account by Horace Campbell that appeared in Monthly Review in April 1989, with some pride at having published so sharp an analysis of current events—events largely ignored by the mass media then and since. We then present a military-focused historical analysis by Monthly Review Press author Ronnie Kasrils, who had the extraordinary fate to have headed ANC military intelligence in the battle alongside the Cubans, and then to have served for five years as Deputy Minister of Defense in the post-apartheid South African government—in regular contact with officers who had commanded the opposing forces. —The Editors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) / Lehigh University Has Rescinded Trump's Honorary Degree / Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.