Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days (17401 Views)

Fuel Queues Worsen Across The Country - PUNCH / Senate President-crisis Loom In The Coming Days / Defection: More APC Governors, Deputies Set To Join PDP in the Coming Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by stinggy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
fpeter:
i live in wuse2, it couldn't get any worse than what we experience already.
Even Wuse2 is feeling the heat?
I give up then.. I shouldn't be complaining.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by bawz012(m): 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
berem:
Nigerians, the storm will soon be over! Change is coming.

lalasticlala
berem! sekem, sekem, sekem, sekem,...
ur moniker got me singing dat song
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by steppins: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
angelsing:
As expected, u don't have fact to back up ur claim...lol
As expected, I won't argue with you. No need wasting my energy. Read my arguments with other members.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Let me hear somebody come hear shouting GEJ till 2019 angry

It is funny how only corrupt governments have been blaming vandals for their failure to deliver services. Thief Obasanjo was very good at doing this.

It is interesting that not once did General Abacha's regime have to blame vandals nor did Buhari's regime. Only corrupt governments in history blame vandals all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by mrmetoo1: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
No!! It can't get worse, worse than an average of 45mins/day? This is sad! Look blame opposition, blame militants, blame terrorists, all this shows is Nigeria's troubles are too big for this government to handle.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by sapele914(m): 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
criminalmindz:
HADWORK OF APC , WITCHCRAFT PARTY. GEJ TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 2019
Right it's just like saying your uncle is really your father no one knows who is to blame for your existence so who actually slept with your mother to create a p.i.g like you?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by haibe(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
gebest:
sorry to say, u are M.A.D

you must very stupidd to think it's the fault of the president or the power minister that we don't have at leat a reasonable power supply. Do you know how often pipelines are vandalized by stupidd nigerians like you? How can power supply be stable if this continue? And please don't quote if you still remain a dumbb person
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by angelsing(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
steppins:

As expected, I won't argue with you. No need wasting my energy. Read my arguments with other members.
Can u post a link of such argument so I can go and read it and at list this won't waste ur energy
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by xklucvG: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Olaposiwaju:
The supply of electricity across the country will worsen in coming days due to the loss of about 800 megawatts of power as a result of the blasting of the Escravos Lagos Gas Pipeline at midnight of Wednesday.

According to the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, the recent damage was done by vandals, who ruptured the ELGP with an explosive device at Egwa, near Batan, in Gbaramatu Kingdom, Delta State.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Media, Mrs. Kande Daniel, the minister said this attack, being the fourth this year, came only hours after repairs on an earlier attack of Sunday, March 1, 2015 were completed and gas were being piped through the pipeline again.

Nebo, in a statement on Thursday night, said the exact extent of the damage was being assessed but the impact was the loss of about 200 mmscf/d of gas, equivalent of about 800MW per day of generated power.

According to Nebo, it has become clear that the vandals, who perpetrate these acts are intent on crippling the power sector and bringing untold hardship on Nigerians for either political or financial gains or both.

He said although pipeline vandalism had held power generation at less than 4,000MW as against currently available capacity of over 5,000MW, government was not deterred from its commitment to provide security for its oil and gas, as well as power infrastructure.

The minister stressed that the nation could now conveniently generate and wheel out over 4,500MW, but for gas supply disruptions through vandalism.

Nebo also appealed to Nigerians to become more vigilant and report suspicious movements and actions to security agencies for effective protection of public infrastructure for the common good of Nigeria.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/power-supply-to-worsen-as-fg-loses-800mw/
Nigerians suffer for lack of knowledge. Thanks to China for my customized solar battery-less inverter. Me and my household have no business with such news. Nigerians please go online and learn how to generate electricy from waste. I use waste from my poultry to generate electricity to pump water for my birds. Renewable energy.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by sapele914(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
haibe:

you must very stupidd to think it's the fault of the president or the power minister that we don't have at leat a reasonable power supply. Do you know how often pipelines are vandalized by stupidd nigerians like you? How can power supply be stable if this continue? And please don't quote if you still remain a dumbb person
Mumu it is a 110% there fault from poor power generation to distribution to not been able to protect infrastructure(do you know how much they pay government tompolo and michael diden aka ejele to protect pipelines in the creeks)pdp after 16 years in power always blaming apc on their own shortcomings,all this pipeline explosions are been carried out in pdp strongholds no opposition in these areas na disgrunted pdp members who are not eating from the security loot that are the ones carrying out this atrocities . Opposition no get liver try this rubbish for delta State dey go kill them na pdp they commit almost all the atrocities then quick to blame it on the next person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by fpeter(f): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
stinggy:

Even Wuse2 is feeling the heat?
I give up then.. I shouldn't be complaining.

Omo na we feel am pass o....na daily occurrence.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Talk2david1(m): 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
I really find it difficult to understand when they say power supply will worsen! We bin even get d light in the first place make ei wan com worsen?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by chamboy(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Barcanista Light dey ur house..

Vote change
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ribbit: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
DBlackCeazer:
we only get about 4 hrs/24hr of power in Ajah,it def cant be any worse.
it could become 20minutes cheesy
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ribbit: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
steppins:

APC can go to any length to discredit GEJ, so don't tell me that bull about being a PDP controlled state.
When the federal govt accused the oil marketers of being influenced by the opposition, were they(Oil marketers) not controlled by the government?
Few weeks to presidential elections, pipelines and generating plants are damaged and the opposition knows nothing about it?
Abeg, talk better thing jor!
before the pipeline explosion, did you have constant 24/7 power supply in your house?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by alsudaes1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Eneze1:
Worsen shocked I just wish this government can actually make a headway in this power sector. I'm tired of using my generator to pump water. The last time we had electricity in my area is 4 days ago

4 days ago!!!! you are very lucky!!!
within the last one year and now, there was Nothing like electricity. . . and the year before then, I doubt if we had light for a cumulative total of 20 hours
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by alsudaes1(m): 3:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
Talk2david1:
I really find it difficult to understand when they say power supply will worsen! We bin even get d light in the first place make ei wan com worsen?

it baffles me too o.
most time I just look and waka pass undecided

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by buJu234: 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
criminalmindz:
HADWORK OF APC , WITCHCRAFT PARTY. GEJ TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 2019

bros are 4 real...

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by steppins: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
ribbit:
before the pipeline explosion, did you have constant 24/7 power supply in your house?
Here in the east, it's stable...18hrs per day.
Keep supporting Buhari and yet you wonder why you have no light.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by kodlins(f): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nebo is equally competent. Check his track record.
bushdoc9919:
Oh dear.

Thanks PDP....(Especially for removing Prof Nnaji.....way to go!).

On a more serious note....the trouble is that we have a serious generation problem.

Since every Nigerian loves to hate Nuclear power.....I suggest we collabo with Niger Republic....and build giant solar farms in the Sahara desert....could help raise our generation. Oh...and more HEP dams....and more gas powered plants.

And let us stop hearing about the transformation in power....because it does not exist. We are still far behind.

Modified.....About time we set up a Pipeline security Police....and equipped them with helicopters, drones, and weapons to sniff out pipeline vandals.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by omoiseselagba: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Arch1:
I give up
ME SEF DON GIVE UP SINCE BUT SOMETIN IN ME STIL BELIVS A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE.WE NEED TO KILL SOME PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY.WE HAVE TO BE RUGGED.IF WE WATCHED SPATACUS.He said something that i like......it is done! it is done!!
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ribbit: 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
steppins:

Here in the east, it's stable...18hrs per day.
Keep supporting Buhari and yet you wonder why you have no light.
so 18hrs is the best your government could give abi? And the fact that you had 18hrs means every neighborhood in the east has 18hrs?

Is Buhari the one withholding power since 1999? Is Buhari the one that says the government around build 2000mw of electricity with 30billion dollars under Jonathan while China built 25000mw of electricity with 25billion dollars?

Is Buhari the one that says 24hrs power supply is impossible in Nigeria or pdp led government?

Is Buhari the that says you people should not use your brains and ask your government to take responsibility for whatever happens under its nose?

A responsible government takes responsible for everything that it controls... Pdp government blames opposition that was formed 2years for everything a common sense could have prevented. And the so called youths think the right thing is for such government to continue as long as the head comes from their tribe or religion.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by stinggy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
fpeter:

Omo na we feel am pass o....na daily occurrence.
Hehehe....
And i use to envy una lite b4 oo.
This Transformation for power sector na veri negative one sad embarassed and den go soon dey shout 7 million MW nw angry

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by steppins: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
ribbit:
so 18hrs is the best your government could give abi? And the fact that you had 18hrs means every neighborhood in the east has 18hrs?

Is Buhari the one withholding power since 1999? Is Buhari the one that says the government around build 2000mw of electricity with 30billion dollars under Jonathan while China built 25000mw of electricity with 25billion dollars?

Is Buhari the one that says 24hrs power supply is impossible in Nigeria or pdp led government?

Is Buhari the that says you people should not use your brains and ask your government to take responsibility for whatever happens under its nose?

A responsible government takes responsible for everything that it controls... Pdp government blames opposition that was formed 2years for everything a common sense could prevented. And the so called youths think the right thing is for such government to continue to look em as long as he comes from their tribe or religion.
Question!
I answered the reasonable question you asked and you came back with silly ones.
Is GEJ the one withholding power since 1960?
Is GEJ the one that says 24hrs power supply is impossible in Nigeria?
Is GEJ the one that says you should vote for a man surrounded with corrupt mafians?
Since you've decided to add insults to your posts, don't quote me again. Even if you do, I won't reply.
I'm allergic to mumu people.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by get2abbey(m): 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
Worsen ke.....has it ever improved?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by get2abbey(m): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
Worsen ke.....has it ever improved?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ribbit: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
steppins:

Question!
I answered the reasonable question you asked and you came back with silly ones.
Is GEJ the one withholding power since 1960?
Is GEJ the one that says 24hrs power supply is impossible in Nigeria?
Is GEJ the one that says you should vote for a man surrounded with corrupt mafians?
Since you've decided to add insults to your posts, don't quote me again. Even if you do, I won't reply .
I'm allergic to mumu people.
ofcourse not GEJ... Now the question is, why did we put GEJ there? Is it to be dancing shoki all over Abuja with mama peace? We voted gej to fix the problems. we did not vote him to keep eating a billion naira food? we did not vote him to add to the problem.? If he can't solve the problem why take the job? To keep scamming people like you and send foot tanoids to blame everything on opposition that was formed less than 2 years ago? Me don't care if you reply or not...
The reason why I comment on Nairaland is to keep exposing people like you that just can put the beautiful thing called brain to work.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by gebest: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
[quote
author=haibe post=31580444]

you must very stupidd to think it's the fault of the president or the
power minister that we don't have at leat a reasonable power supply. Do
you know how often pipelines are vandalized by stupidd nigerians like
you? How can power supply be stable if this continue? And please don't
quote if you still remain a dumbb person[/quote]didn't u hear what i said, i say u are M A D
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
berem:
Nigerians, the storm will soon be over! Change is coming.

lalasticlala
Calm down joor,U be Conductor??
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by RAO1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
b4 nko?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by temi4fash(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
netotse:

ELPS again? On wednesday? WTF!

A different section of the same pipeline was blown up over the weekend. some people sha dont want us to have light.

boss I sent you a mail.. did u get it?
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
e no go pass APC vandals nah! so that government will spend more on electricity while they keep screaming, 'no light!no light!!'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud / APC Presidential Primary: Aspirants, Stakeholders In Last Throw Of The Dice / Sanwo-Olu’s Chief Of Staff, Tayo Ayinde Loses Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.