Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days (17403 Views)

Fuel Queues Worsen Across The Country - PUNCH / Senate President-crisis Loom In The Coming Days / Defection: More APC Governors, Deputies Set To Join PDP in the Coming Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by netotse(m): 11:32am On Mar 13, 2015
Olaposiwaju:
The supply of electricity across the country will worsen in coming days due to the loss of about 800 megawatts of power as a result of the blasting of the Escravos Lagos Gas Pipeline at midnight of Wednesday.

According to the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, the recent damage was done by vandals, who ruptured the ELGP with an explosive device at Egwa, near Batan, in Gbaramatu Kingdom, Delta State.

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Media, Mrs. Kande Daniel, the minister said this attack, being the fourth this year, came only hours after repairs on an earlier attack of Sunday, March 1, 2015 were completed and gas were being piped through the pipeline again.

Nebo, in a statement on Thursday night, said the exact extent of the damage was being assessed but the impact was the loss of about 200 mmscf/d of gas, equivalent of about 800MW per day of generated power.

According to Nebo, it has become clear that the vandals, who perpetrate these acts are intent on crippling the power sector and bringing untold hardship on Nigerians for either political or financial gains or both.

He said although pipeline vandalism had held power generation at less than 4,000MW as against currently available capacity of over 5,000MW, government was not deterred from its commitment to provide security for its oil and gas, as well as power infrastructure.

The minister stressed that the nation could now conveniently generate and wheel out over 4,500MW, but for gas supply disruptions through vandalism.

Nebo also appealed to Nigerians to become more vigilant and report suspicious movements and actions to security agencies for effective protection of public infrastructure for the common good of Nigeria.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/power-supply-to-worsen-as-fg-loses-800mw/

ELPS again? On wednesday? WTF!

A different section of the same pipeline was blown up over the weekend. some people sha dont want us to have light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by alaoeri: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Yeye people, before the pipeline blast nko? Mtscheee undecided

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
ichidodo:
why Apc why??

Is APC in charge of the DISCOS/GENCOS?

Is APC running the Power Ministry.

For once admit it. PDP....not only GEJ, but OBJ too...have failed Nigerians. We are so reliant on HEP...that assuming rains don't fall well well tis year...we could be in trouble.

Sorry....but ...why PDP why.?

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by maylisa(f): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
AV not seen Nepa light for abt a week now.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ElectronByte(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Space locked. Send #1500 airtime to unlock

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by AdeniyiA(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
GEJ is working, militants are smiling.
May God punish our tormentors

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Vandals should understand the implication of their deeds. Anyway, Nebo should look for alternative if any
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ucheochons: 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
If it is becoming a reoccurring event why hasn't security been increased? shocked

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Richie0974: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Wat do they gain from it...
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by iamdjtune: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2015
My power bank dey sharp.. so why I go worry? Next please
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Abduletudaye(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2015
This is terrible sad

So electricity will become worse The one wey we dey manage go reduce again..

Naija, it is well..
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by nkowaputa(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2015
This is a pity
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by kay29000(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Worsen ke? ? Even more than it is presently? Oh boy! We don enter o.

Abi o! LMAO!!! You go wonder na!
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ayourbamie: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2015
could it be more worse than this?
in this kind of weather. some ppl will just go mad for real
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by symbian03(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2015
Power supply to worsen? hahahahah!!!!! It's already worsened, let's call it "worstest'' if there is any such word.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by okotv(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2015
Infact, the only thing I could boast about by the federal government just got worse. Jonathan out abeg
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by kunle75(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Eneze1:
Worsen shocked I just wish this government can actually make a headway in this power sector. I'm tired of using my generator to pump water. The last time we had electricity in my area is 4 days ago

Same here,i cldnt stay long in the office yesterday because my shirt was not porperly ironed.
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Abduletudaye(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2015
maylisa:
AV not seen Nepa light for abt a week now.

sad
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by DTaj: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2015
criminalmindz:
HADWORK OF APC , WITCHCRAFT PARTY. GEJ TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 2019

Handwork of APC? On a pipeline vandalized in Delta State? You (and your ilk) are just too deluded and clueless (like your lord, Jonathan)!

8 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by pmc01(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2015
Fourth time the same pipeline channel has been destroyed this year alone and all the Federal Minister can rant about is Government's unwavering resolve to keep fixing the damage pipeline?

This is very daft. What happened to the alternative of securing it better and getting hold of culprits to serve as scapegoats?

I'm appalled.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Isiterere(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2015
Even the militant can no longer secure our pipe line despite the huge contract sum?

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2015
It have tayed now
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2015
steppins:
Opposition(APC) vandals hell-bent on making Jonathan look bad in the eyes of his people.
Things like this makes me think twice about boko haram's insurgency in the north.
Anyhow, we've decided. GEJ or no one else.
God bless Nigeria.

APC blowing up pipelines in a PDP controlled state?

Tell us another tale by the moonlight! smiley

You PDP ians.....if there is trobule in your household....it is APC's fault.

If your child fails WASSCE...APC cause am!

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by symbian03(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2015
iamdjtune:
My power bank dey sharp.. so why I go worry? Next please

If you don see phone press ur own wahala don finish bah? issorite.. use that power bank to power your fridge and air-conditioner.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by DTaj: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2015
With the billion-naira pipeline protection contracts given to Tompolo, Dokubo Asari and co? Na wa for the Clueless One o!
Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by ribbit: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2015
For the past 3 weeks now, the power phcn gave us isn't even up to 24hrs in total..

I buy petrol over 100/per litter to power my gen... Yet some unknown robotic bast.ards will ask me to continue with pdp for another four years...
Na serious thunderr go fire you all.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by nzeadachie: 11:40am On Mar 13, 2015
LET THEM CONTINUE, IT'S GOODLUCK OR NO NIGERIA, IF THEY LIKE LET THEM DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT HE PUTS IN PLACE, NO SHAKING

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Eneze1(f): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2015
kunle75:

Same here,i cldnt stay long in the office yesterday because my shirt was not porperly ironed.

Two weekends ago, I travelled for 2 days and came back to a smelling house. I had to throw away all the food in my freezer, everything was spoilt yet I'm paying electricity bill every month

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days by Ljboy(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2015
APC I smell conspiracy!!!

#GEJ till 2000 and forever

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Impeached Ondo Speaker And Deputy Reinstated / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists / We Met With President Buhari To Console Him, Not On 2019 - APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.