Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches (2495 Views)

Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. / Angry Jonathan Reportedly Blasts Diezani, Sent Her Out Of Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
Patience Jonathan, wife of Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan, who is campaigning for the re-election of her husband, has avoided the northern part of the country following her hate speeches against the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari.

Instead of the First Lady leading the campaign team, wife of the Vice President, Hajiya Amina Namadi Sambo, has been having a huge task standing in for Patience Jonathan.

Patience was absent in Minna, Niger State capital and Adamawa State during the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaigns recently.

PDP stalwarts in the north are worried about Patience and Femi-Fanikayode’s hate campaigns and the possible backlash in the north is what Patience is trying to avoid.

Jibrin Aminu, a stalwart of the PDP was quoted as saying: “I think we have a problem, some issues to clear up as fast it we could. We had Fani-Kayode to contend with over hate speeches and advertorials, and recently the First Lady who described the opposition presidential aspirant as ‘brain dead’ to worry about. And as party faithful, we deem it necessary not to allow her go to the north for the rallies, you don’t know what will happen.”

According to Aminu, the First Lady never got it good going by the way she has presented herself and as me and you know, the northerners, even if they are in PDP or the APC, won’t take insults on their kingmakers, leaders or revered gentlemen and it is a good thing she doesn’t come here as there are people ready to start the stoning from here.”

Hate speeches by the First Lady, Femi Fani-Kayode and Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State have further divided the party. This has led to the PDP begging its National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu not to quit the party, as northern PDP members are no longer comfortable with the way the trio are going about their attack on Buhari.

Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, had challenged President Goodluck Jonathan to denounce what he called “hate speeches” by his wife, Patience and others that could lead to violence ahead of the elections scheduled for March 28 and April 11.

Fashola made the statement during a courtesy visit by the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, Professor Chidi Odinkalu, at the Lagos House, Marina to seek the governor’s support on the need to avoid violence and ensure free and fair contest in the forthcoming elections.

The governor lamented that the ‘hate Speeches’ made in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP candidates had created panic in the country, saying “People are leaving the country out of fear.”

Emirs and chiefs, after a one-day emergency meeting at the old Lugard Hall, Kaduna, also called on politicians, and elder statesmen to desist from making inflammatory statements that could jeopardise the nation’s democracy.

Under the aegis of the Northern Traditional Council, the royal fathers, in a communique, signed by the Estu-Nupe, Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar, on behalf of the Chairman of the Council and Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, expressed concern over the escalating tension before the general elections.

Because of the persistent hate speeches, the All Progressive Congress’ (APC) Presidential Campaign Organisation reported Patience Jonathan to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The First Lady while campaigning recently for President Goodluck Jonathan in Calabar, told PDP supporters to stone anyone campaigning for change in the state. As a result, APC campaign organisation wrote a letter of complaint to the ICC, signed by its Director-General, Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

However, Fani-Kayode, Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, said that Patience will not appear before ICC.

http://omojuwa.com/2015/03/patience-jonathan-avoids-north-over-hate-speeches/

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Because of the persistent hate speeches, the All Progressive Congress’ (APC) Presidential Campaign Organisation reported Patience Jonathan to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The APC Should Save Nigeria The Embarrassment Of Reporting Her To ICC, Because, If she speaks at ICC, Nigeria’s academic degree will never be accepted abroad.

35 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by iduzebaba(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
dat moment when mama peace is asked to differentiate between change and transformation,,,,, mother of peace my foot!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
iduzebaba:
who wan die!

The yeye woman no even get liver!!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Elslim: 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
What goes around comes around..

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by kestolove95(m): 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hate speech no hate speech o....d husband can never win d north

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by bokohalal(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

The APC Should Save Nigeria The Embarrassment Of Reporting Her To ICC, Because, If she speaks at ICC, Nigeria’s academic degree will never be accepted abroad.
I just spilled my drink.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by 9jatriot(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

As funny as this sounds, it is already happening.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Boss13: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

Gawd this hilarious as the same time true.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by SULBELL(m): 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
An unrepentant PDP Elder asked me
if I have watched the documentary, I
asked which one, he said the
documentary showing how Tinubu
owes 75% of Lagos revenue, that
Tinubu is highly corrupt. And I asked
him, Daddy, does Tinubu have
immunity, he said NO. Is Tinubu a
spirit? he said NO. Is Tinubu in
Nigeria, he said yes. Has Tinubu
been invited by EFCC? he said NO. I
shook my head, and told him, Sir, I
pray never to be like you when I
grow up. He became sad and walked
away. Instead of a sane government
to prosecute an alleged corrupt
man, they are busy running wasteful
documentary with tax payers
money.
What a shame PDP!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by themilanway(m): 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Those who live in glass house must not throw stones.

I thought they said she and her husband are cats with 9 lives?

Yeyenatu

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by kasheemawo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
northern youths will finger her if she dares go there
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by omenka(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

Oh dear. gringrin
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove and. Obinoscopy! Mama peace don poo for North!
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by KwoiZabo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
"According to Aminu, the First Lady never got it good going by the way she has presented herself and as me and you know, the northerners, even if they are in PDP or the APC, won’t take insults on their kingmakers, leaders or revered gentlemen and it is a good thing she doesn’t come here as there are people ready to start the stoning from here.”

This is what I have been saying. Notherners don't insult heir leaders even if they are wrong but southerners abuse freely. Buhari has much more insult basis than GEJ but Notherners will never abuse him.

So southerners we've got a lot to learn from here.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by dgr8truth(m): 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

Just as PDP saved nigerians by not reporting Buhari to ICC for his hate comments. The embarrassment Buhari would have caused Nigerians because of his unique pronunciation of words; kwarruption, and dementia; independent nigeria electoral commission (inec).

GEJtill2019
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
KwoiZabo:
"According to Aminu, the First Lady never got it good going by the way she has presented herself and as me and you know, the northerners, even if they are in PDP or the APC, won’t take insults on their kingmakers, leaders or revered gentlemen and it is a good thing she doesn’t come here as there are people ready to start the stoning from here.”

This is what I have been saying. Notherners don't insult heir leaders even if they are wrong but southerners abuse freely. Buhari has much more insult basis than GEJ but Notherners will never abuse him.

So southerners we've got a lot to learn from here.

So we should stop calling jonathan an ogogoro drinker?

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by KwoiZabo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
SULBELL:
An unrepentant PDP Elder asked me
if I have watched the documentary, I
asked which one, he said the
documentary showing how Tinubu
owes 75% of Lagos revenue, that
Tinubu is highly corrupt. And I asked
him, Daddy, does Tinubu have
immunity, he said NO. Is Tinubu a
spirit? he said NO. Is Tinubu in
Nigeria, he said yes. Has Tinubu
been invited by EFCC? he said NO. I
shook my head, and told him, Sir, I
pray never to be like you when I
grow up. He became sad and walked
away. Instead of a sane government
to prosecute an alleged corrupt
man, they are busy running wasteful
documentary with tax payers
money.
What a shame PDP!!!
but one of the "finest" APC governor and house of assembly that is being affected directly has turned a blind eye to it. So APC now agrees that Fashola is more corrupt than GEJ. GEJ fights corruption by prevention and he has done that well at the federal level what has Lagos State done in their state?
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by dammiecool(m): 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

Classic!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by KwoiZabo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

So we should stop calling jonathan an ogogoro drinker?
picture of GEJ drunk or you keep shut. but Buhari is an "Oluwole" General and Osinbajo a boy boy. our proofs are here below angry

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
KwoiZabo:
but one of the "finest" APC governor and house of assembly that is being affected directly has turned a blind eye to it. So APC now agrees that Fashola is more corrupt than GEJ. GEJ fights corruption by prevention and he has done that well at the federal level what has Lagos State done in their state?

Prevention by:

By appointing an election rigger a Minister?

By granting presidential pardon to Alamiesegha?

By sacking a whistle blowing blower( Sanusi)

By appointing Fani Kayode his spokesman?

And as well using over 2Billion to feed his family in a year!

You are really a dumbhead!!

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by fkaz(m): 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mrs patience Faka jonathan knows her limit, she won't dare go to kano and shout "holy ghost fire" or say north should not vote for men who keep their women in purdah. But for her not to go to northern part, show the level of ethnic divisive & religion politics president jonathan and his wife ha introduce to nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by gwales: 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:

lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by dridowu: 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mama Peace sharing hate speech because of Oga Jona
haaaaaaa Mama Peace don 4get say dr is god ooooooo
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Clerverly: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Clerverly:
lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove and. Obinoscopy! Mama peace don poo for North!
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by fr3do(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
Did she give those hate speeches before or after bauchi almajiris threw stones at the president's convoy.
The North has always been a zoo, Pej's alleged hate speeches dont make a difference.
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by bokohalal(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
dgr8truth:

Just as PDP saved nigerians by not reporting Buhari to ICC for his hate comments. The embarrassment Buhari would have caused Nigerians because of his unique pronunciation of words; kwarruption, and dementia; independent nigeria electoral commission (inec).

GEJtill2019
This one no sweet.
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
The wife of samboribobo, is she in Nigeria? Is been ages since I heard any news about her She don't act like the wife of the VP. Maybe is because of her simplicity.

And as for Pej, jail awaits you. Silly uncouth woman.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by dgr8truth(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
bokohalal:

This one no sweet.

Wetin concern me concern sweet! I said it to show the sharp difference between PDP and APC
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by SULBELL(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
KwoiZabo:
I dont want to join issue with you. All am after is doing what is right. As far as i can remember the EFCC and ICPC are established to fight against economic and financial crime as well as corrupt practice in public office. Therefore, I see no reason why Tinubu can not be reported to either of those bodies. Either you, me or any other Nigerian reserves the right to write a petition against any corrupt individual as long as we have a concrete evidence to substantiate our claims. Please is Tinubu under any form of immunity shield?. If ur answer is no, you or any of the sponsors of the advert could kindly attach those evidence to a petition and submit it to either EFCC or ICPC or both and allow them to do the needful. However, if your problem is writing a petition, I can volunteer to help in that regard as long as you show me the said evidence.
In addition, as per my last check Tinubu is still in the opposition and a stong leader of the opposition at that. What else is needed to be done by PDP to bring him down if they already have this bounty opportunity lying bear before them.
I will be very happy to see our collective wealth recovered from Tinubu if actually he got his wealth through illegal means. But face the fact if really there is any evidence against him he would have been facing tens if not hundred of court cases today rather than a sponsored propaganda. God bless u.
Re: Patience Jonathan Reportedly Avoids North Over Hate Speeches by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Clerverly:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Supporting Saraki During NASS Election(pics / Babcock University Students Lament After School Fees Is Increased ( Pics ) / 105 Purportedly Killed Soldiers: Separating Facts From Fictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.