Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Is Traditional Marriage That Important? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Traditional Marriage That Important? (4459 Views)

Plus Size Bride & Her Slim Husband At Their Traditional Marriage (Photo) / Traditional Marriage Of 20-Year-Old Man And 40-Year-Old Bride (Photo) / Lady Gets Car As Traditional Marriage Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
well this write up is strictly my point of view, now due to the fact that marriage means the coming together of man and woman to become one and husband and wife, 'wats now the essence of traditional marriage when a white wedding can simply be done with a man of GOD involve and the exchange of marital vows and ring. "i really dont know the importance of traditional marriage becaus what i think is that its just a waste of resources on the part of the man. "pls dont get me wrong for i am not saying the man is running away by spending money becaus the white wedding itself involves a lot of money including the reception for family and guests. so i just want to know is traditional marriage that important?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by ginawest(f): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
yes!!!in IBO land, its even more important dan white wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by temitemi1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
I will love have both white n traditional wedding.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
Traditional marriage is our own wedding here in Nigeria. The white wedding is just a waste of time!

2 Likes

Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
ginawest:
its a waste of time and money.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Enegod(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
ginawest:
cool

1 Like

Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
rubey:
Traditional marriage is our own wedding here in Nigeria. The white wedding is just a waste of time!
Lol traditional marriage is evil
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by ginawest(f): 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
its a waste of time and money.
says who?I doubt if u r an IBO guy
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
ginawest:
says who?I doubt if u r an IBO guy
im nt an ibo guy.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by goodmorning40: 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
If traditional marriage is not important then what is. How do u inform the community that u have shifted away from them to another. Don't bring oyibo mentality into our marriage affairs always remind urself that u are African. Traditional marriage and court marriage is what u said strive for. Forget white wedding it's nothing
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
goodmorning40:
If traditional marriage is not important then what is. How do u inform the community that u have shifted away from them to another. Don't bring oyibo mentality into our marriage affairs always remind urself that u are African. Traditional marriage and court marriage is what u said strive for. Forget white wedding it's nothing
do u have to involve your community that u want to get married?

1 Like

Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Sugarpeaches(f): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Traditional marriage is where you pay her bride price and her parents and family hands her over to you as your wife. That is the real marriage, the white wedding is something we copied from the western world, its also good but traditional marriage is the main marriage. If a girl's bride price has not been paid and you go and deceive a Man of God somewhere and get wedded ,it doesn't count . God and the devil knows she's not ya wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:

I can't believe there are people who still think like this! undecided
So white wedding is holy right? #sighs!
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
rubey:

I can't believe there are people who still think like this! undecided
So white wedding is holy right? #sighs!
yes becaus its what GOD supports
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Sugarpeaches:
Traditional marriage is where you pay her bride price and her parents and family hands her over to you as your wife. That is the real marriage, the white wedding is something we copied from the western world, its also good but traditional marriage is the main marriage. If a girl's bride price has not been paid and you go and deceive a Man of God somewhere and get wedded ,it doesn't count . God and the devil knows she's not ya wife.
u can still pay her bride price in the white wedding.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by goodmorning40: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
do u have to involve your community that u want to get married?

Yesoo no be one person dey get pikin as the saying goes. U have a base naa so it's only natural that u inform them through traditional marriage. White wedding is for friends
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:

I don't like the way you reason! So it was written by God that people must wear suits and white gowns and go to the church and get hooked there?

Nigga! That is the western tradition adopted from the whites not something from the bible. Think!
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Sugarpeaches(f): 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
u can still pay her bride price in the white wedding.

Really? I didn't know o . I have never seen "paying of bride price" in any wedding program booklet before. undecided
Is it a new method?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Ishilove: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
What makes it evil?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
Sugarpeaches:

Really? I didn't know o . I have never seen "paying of bride price" in any wedding program booklet before. undecided
Is it a new method?
u can go to her parents home n pay d bride price.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Ishilove: 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
Do you mind pointing out one single 'white' wedding in the scriptures?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
rubey:

I don't like the way you reason! So it was written by God that people must wear suits and white gowns and go to the church and get hooked there?

Nigga! That is the western tradition adopted from the whites not something from the bible. Think!
sista a marriage must be blessed by a man of GOD n marital vows made and ring put into finger nail, now tell me isn't dat all?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
goodmorning40:

Yesoo no be one person dey get pikin as the saying goes. U have a base naa so it's only natural that u inform them through traditional marriage. White wedding is for friends
hm hm wat of d wedding cards shared?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ishilove:

What makes it evil?
bcaus it involves ritual rites that are contrary to d bible.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
sista a marriage must be blessed by a man of GOD n marital vows made and ring put into finger nail, now tell me isn't dat all?

Must it be in a church? Can't the "man of God" attend the traditional wedding? And all those shi*t can be done there. You'v gat 1.0% point
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Ishilove: 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
bcaus it involves ritual rites that are contrary to d bible.
Can you name some of these ritual rites contrary to the bible?
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Ishilove: 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
Can you show me where a wedding ring was used in the bible?

Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me one single 'white' wedding in the bible.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ishilove:

Do you mind pointing out one single 'white' wedding in the scriptures?
yea i can.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by jmoore(m): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
Traditional marriage is the "koko".
You can do the traditional marriage in a christian way if you are a christian.
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by goodmorning40: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
hm hm wat of d wedding cards shared?

That is friends invitations, selecting who u want there, in traditional marriage u don't select all that matter should be there
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by jmoore(m): 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
softapple:
yea i can.
Oya, quote the verse and win some cash
Re: Is Traditional Marriage That Important? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ishilove:

Can you show me where a wedding ring was used in the bible?

Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me one single 'white' wedding in the bible.
ok im seaching but pls take it easy on me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Guy Be A Game Freak To This Extent? (picture) / TOP 5 Most Beautiful Ladies On NAIRALAND. "True Fact" / Snapshot:when You Want To Settle Down But You Keep Meeting Juicy Babes Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.