Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC (24665 Views)

Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / State-by-state PVC Collection Statistics From INEC. (pics).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Raiders: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2015
jerseyboy:
2011 elections in those states returned about 3.4 million for Jonathan and 6.5 million for Buhari. You must understand that their are substantial numbers of marginalized Ethnic minorities and many Christians in these states with issues against the hausa fulani overlords. It will alway reflect in all election particularly this one which will give Jonathan decent numbers. All politics are local.
are you talking about the Christians and minority that GEJ refused to protect? Things are different from 2011 and GEJ has lost most of the support he got in 2011 because he failed to perform.

1 Like

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by bogzyboy(m): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2015
tinsel:
The only states in the south south and south east with ninety percent plus collection rates are imo, rivers and akwaibom. Imo and rivers are APC states. Then almost all states in the south west have Ninety percent plus rate of collection. I am just wondering.

you need new set of eyes

2 Likes

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Aseneshii: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2015
All this states with 94% PVC collection, are they telling us between 2010 and now, less than 6% of their population migrate or die? Na wa, let the election go on sha.. Anyway, hopefully card reader will settle the matter.

1 Like

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by abrahym(m): 10:42am On Mar 14, 2015
Please let say yes to card readers... No more rigging this time
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:
are you talking about the Christians and minority that GEJ refused to protect? Things are different from 2011 and GEJ has lost most of the support he got in 2011 because he failed to perform.
things change fast on Facebook and nairaland. When you live with the your oppressors face to face for 100s of years and you know your oppressors will never change you cannot change yourself no matter how unhappy you are with the alternative. Nairaland southerners have that luxury. Not the persecuted.

1 Like

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:

Things change fast on Facebook and nairaland. When you live with the your oppressors face to face for 100s of years and you know your oppressors will never change you cannot change yourself no matter how unhappy you are with the alternative. Nairaland southerners have that luxury. Not the persecuted.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by pekeyim: 11:03am On Mar 14, 2015
hardywaltz:

I think u are the person who needs to read the constitution.
Buhari has been campaigning in the South coz all he needs is the constitutional 25% while the North rakes in the required numbers.
Even Amaechi knows GEJ will win in Rivers State all he wants to deliver is 25% and let Kano and Katsina and other northern states to do the needful.

Una no dey see far that's has always been una problem

How about the 5 Igbo states lol... my brother buhari will not win up to 25% in @ least 24 states guaranteed. In a few days from now we'll see "who dey see far"
LOL

I wish u GOODLUCK!

2 Likes

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 14, 2015
tinsel:
The only states in the south south and south east with ninety percent plus collection rates are imo, rivers and akwaibom. Imo and rivers are APC states. Then almost all states in the south west have Ninety percent plus rate of collection. I am just wondering.

Rivers is not 90% plus, it is 80% plus
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 11:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:
how many Igbos do you think will come out to vote on the presidential election day? Most Igbo on the streets don't really give a damn about GEJ or Buhari. However those northerners has a very high voters apathy. I will be really surprise if voters turn out in the east on the presidential election will be above 50%.
please check the meaning of apathy angry lipsrsealed. Igbos, majority though, are passionate about GEJ, not based on sentiment or bigotry( GEJ is not Igbo) but simply because they believe he has performed creditably well & deserve another chance. If any geopolitical zone is going to show apathy in the election, then its the S.west(which is already reflecting on PVC collection rates) because majority are really confused on who to vote for. Election day is always a public holiday & the last election were the S.East had over 90% turn-out for GEJ should be a pointer because nothing has changed, if anything, awareness is now higher than 2011 cool cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2015
pekeyim:

You've not read the constitution.

Please make sure u buy one, as u are stuck in traffic somewhere.

Thank you.

A candidate needs 2/3 of the 36 states with @ least 25% plus highest vote, Buhari will not get up to 5% in Bayelsa.

That's minus 1 state for him.
It is actually minus 9 states because Buhari would never get 25% in any state in S.East & S.South except probably Rivers or Edo but Goodluck will easily garner 25% in most states across the federation tongue tongue
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by GHA1(m): 11:44am On Mar 14, 2015
hardywaltz:
I pity these Bayelsans who keep making noise with their inconsequential 500k votes who keep shouting "GEJ till 2019" compared to Kano with 4mil voting strength.

Gej till 2019.....haters go and huge transformer
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by dafuturis(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
SergeAlain:
Good going.

However, i think Jega should apologize to all Nigerians for suggesting that he was ready for the elections in Feb 14, and that it was security concerns that made him postpone.

That was a lie from the pits of HELL!!!

Typical clueless supporter
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by dafuturis(m): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
MrEverest:
The "sophisticated" seems not to know the importance of PVC collection even when almajiris have since collected theirs angry angry Imagine Ogun state having just about 40% tongue tongue Yet they make the most noise about a very useless "change" Some people think its by shouting on internet that one can win election. This very election will indeed shock some people. Kudos Imo, just between Feb 17 % March 12, you jumped from 69% to 94% cool cool it shows that you guys have put your PVC where your mouth is, Imo educational advancement is not paper statistics but reality, March for Jonathan and embarrass Rochas tongue tongue. Something is not right with Lagos, people are complaining bitterly that they cant get their PVC from INEC yet they present it as if Lagosians have refused to collect their PVC, I hope the purported disenfranchisement of non indigenous citizens have been corrected because seeing Kano having a higher PVC collection when Lagos has a much higher TVC is not right!!

I want to commend INEC for their pro-active measures taken so far to ensure that appreciable number of registered voters gets their PVCs. Last week, A car drove into my compound, an INEC official came out and immediately handed me my neighbours PVC after series of questions and answers i.e trying to check if he could trust me to deliver the PVC. now that's worthy of note. I reside in Imo though A Deltan, my neighbour is an Akwa-ibomite. He's voting for Buhari, same with me, my mom, elder bro and few friends here.

I put it to you that GEJ can not get above 60% votes here in Imo.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by WisdomFlakes: 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
GEJ has already lost the elections coz he simply lacks the requisite numbers, as long as PVCs will be allowed in the conduct of this elections.

That's a no-brainer.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 12:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
dafuturis:

I want to commend INEC for their pro-active measures taken so far to ensure that appreciable number of registered voters gets their PVCs. Last week, A car drove into my compound, an INEC official came out and immediately handed me my neighbours PVC after series of questions and answers i.e trying to check if he could trust me to deliver the PVC. now that's worthy of note. I reside in Imo though A Deltan, my neighbour is an Akwa-ibomite. He's voting for Buhari, same with me, my mom, elder bro and few friends here.

I put it to you that GEJ can not get above 60% votes here in Imo.
Sorry, which Imo please?? The Imo were I reside will give president Jonathan nothing less than 85% votes. If GEJ is not massively popular here, what do you think is the reason why every other party aside APC is using his face to campaign in their various parties Besides which area of Imo are you staying because you don't seem to know what is on ground.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by dafuturis(m): 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
new2020:

Excellent. Tell that to ignorant yoruba boy who has not traveled out of SW. He doesn't know that Igbos make up 10% of Kano, 15% of Niger, 15% Kaduna, 15% of Nasarawa...Maku is not an I$diot to run on APGA, 10% Borno, 10% Plateau, 35% Lagos, e.t.c.

Sorry to let you know that those % you mention are either in one or two of the class below.

1. Didn't register for TVC

2. Don't care to collect their PVC

3. Don't give a damn about GEJ or Buhari

4. Can't close their shop for even a minute

5. Has never voted for anything before and aint starting now
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by dafuturis(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
MrEverest:
Sorry, which Imo please?? The Imo were I reside will give president Jonathan nothing less than 85% votes. If GEJ is not massively popular here, what do you think is the reason why every other party aside APC is using his face to campaign in their various parties Besides which area of Imo are you staying because you don't seem to know what is on ground.

I stay in Mgbidi and I didn't miss words
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by krixtopee: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Asek1:
Nice one but they should make sure it reaches everybody . . .

Read inspirational Books, articles, poems, quotes and other publications from Christian O Nwankwo​ (Mr. CON) and other renowned writers frm www.facebook.com/mrconbooks and even much more from www.conbooks.jigsy.com. do comment and order for copies of THE EARTH CRIES and SOLILOQUY AND MUSINGS.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
dafuturis:

I stay in Mgbidi and I didn't miss words
Lol, you are even staying in a rural area yet you are arguing with someone who is in the state capital. If you are observant, you will notice that Rochas has tactically limited his association with Buhari to only when he is outside the state, unlike before, he will now tell people to vote for APC in all positions without directly mentioning Buhari. He realised that canvassing for Buhari could cost him the gubernatorial election he is contesting with other strong men like Ihedioha of PDP & Iheanacho of APC cool cool
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by snowland(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
ubanett:
give igbo people their PVC then the statistics will improve 100 percent
Tell your igbo brothers wey dey Lagos to dedicate just one day to close their shop and go for their PVC collection. INEC will not bring it to their shops.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
dafuturis:

Sorry to let you know that those % you mention are either in one or two of the class below.

1. Didn't register for TVC

2. Don't care to collect their PVC

3. Don't give a damn about GEJ or Buhari

4. Can't close their shop for even a minute

5. Has never voted for anything before and aint starting now
Its a lie, majority of Igbos have collected their PVC including those in business, many major markets were Igbos are in control including Alaba, Idumota, APAMDA, Ochanja, Ariaria & all the main markets had different days they closed different lines in their respective markets so that people would go get their PVC's.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by kelkicwinner(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
pekeyim:
I think if this record is anything to go by, then it is a clear that our population is no where near 170 million as we claim.

Another thing i'll like to point out is the low collection of PVCs in Ogun state, maybe Lagos has something to do with it.

Please take several sits around you and chill. sad
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by kelkicwinner(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
GHA1:

Gej till 2019.....haters go and huge transformer

If we huge transformer, nothing will happen cos there is no regular power supply. They promised to give you steady power supply b4 2010/11. Besides, this is 2015; no regular power supply and you are still typing GEJ TELL .......... KOTINUE! cool

1 Like

Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by MrEverest(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
dklex:

They will never do that, is too expensive.
You should rather tell the Yorubas to park their taxi cabs & agbo basins and go get their PVC's their percentage collection rate is embarrassing already. Imo is now at 94%, both Anambra, Abia & Enugu are fast approaching 90% while its only Ebonyi that is at 75% which is still higher than the highest in the S.west shocked shocked now juxtapose that with Igbos outside the S.East & you will get to find out that most Igbos already have their PVC & patiently waiting for 28th March to vote for Goodluck Jonathan cool cool
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by arsetalks(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
new2020:

Excellent. Tell that to ignorant yoruba boy who has not traveled out of SW. He doesn't know that Igbos make up 10% of Kano, 15% of Niger, 15% Kaduna, 15% of Nasarawa...Maku is not an I$diot to run on APGA, 10% Borno, 10% Plateau, 35% Lagos, e.t.c.
Where did you get these stats from care to tell us?
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by sapele914(m): 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:
we are set now to re-elect the man of transformation.
Buhari till 2019/APC 2023
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by pekeyim: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
kelkicwinner:

Please take several sits around you and chill. sad

Chill? are you paying?
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by fresh15: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
INEC should make sure that these figures are really true.It is the right of every eligible Nigerian to cast his or her vote.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Jubalfreeman215(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
arsetalks:
Where did you get these stats from care to tell us?
Chief Edwin Clark. What has the present administration done that will make them standout to Buhari.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by Alichigozie: 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
kai...my nokia touch no gree me zoom ur table. Hw cn i view d table clearly lipsrsealed
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by billyG(m): 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
HAH:
INECs mandate is to ensure they print every legally registered persons PVC but they cannot compel people to pick their pvc.

My verdict is with an average of 80% nationwide inec has passed.

there are over 10 million cards collected in kano, kaduna and katsina. I can bet GMB will get 9 million get of of it.

Nigeria sai Buhari

GEJ is a goner with the above statistics
Y una go dey make GEJ heart cut with this kind talk,makin him more desperate.what a nightmare 4 jona.
Re: State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC by 1stdammy: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
snowland:
Going by this release, it shows that the South Western states have the least percentage collection. Does this mean that my SW brothers are not politically sagacious or we are simply nonchalant?. I don't think I'm wrong if I made bold to say na only mouth we get for South West. If no state in the region can boast of 75% collection, it is indeed a show of shame for the region that brands itself the Political Headquarter of Nigeria.

One thing you can never take away from my people in the northern part of the country when it comes to politics is their passion. They are very passionate in their words and they always corroborate their words with their actions.

We (South Westerns), as a matter of urgency, really need to evaluate and change our political orientation because elections are not won on pages of Punch or Vanguard. Elections are not won by mere rambling and talking. Elections are won by having the right tools.

If you are Team "CHANGE", your [i]Sitdon dey look [/i]posture will not help your team on election day. Do the needful, get your PVC and change the story of your candidates from dreamers to achievers.

If you belong to Team "TRANSFORMATION", no amount of miracle will transform your "idea" into realities if you fail to act wisely. Do the needful and transform your candidates from aspirants to winners.

For those that may want to read ethnic bigotry into this post, I'm a born and well-bred South Westerner from the State of Osun. So please before you even say it, shut your mouth.
U mean that "CHANGE" is coming from their dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Reviews Asylum Policy, Favours LGBTI, Ignores IPOB Members - The Cable / 2023: APC Will Lose If You Insist On Free, Fair Elections – Wike Replies Buhari / Jonathan to Buhari: How Did You Spend Your Defence Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.