Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,384 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? (7184 Views)

Poll: I would rather have a:

Pregnant daughter: 89% (89 votes)
Gay Son.: 10% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / Grandfather Disowns Daughter For Kicking Out Her Gay Son. / Would You Sleep With Your Daughter Or Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by tick(m): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
sofar na man give am belle. wetin ma son go dey find for fellow man body.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by otikpoko(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2009
@topic,non
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2009
I can't believe that this will make it to the homepage.
I mean, what is interesting about the topic for it to make it to the homepage. huh?
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by MrsOyibo(f): 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2009
JUSTGOOD

Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean that I don't have the right to post here on Nairaland. Funny that you say that I should go and post on British websites because you know absolutely nothing about me. You don't know where I live, what nationality I am, what race I am, what sexuality I am. However, because of your narrowmindedness you didn't hesitate to make assumptions. I dare say that there are plenty of people on here who would be horrified that you feel that you have the right to speak for the entire Nigerian population, because I know for a fact that the entire Nigerian population aren't as narrowminded, racist and homphobic as you are. Oh, and by the way, don't want to shock you now, but some Nigerian people are gay too!!
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2009
Why do people choose the term Homophobic to classify those who do not prefer gays? undecided
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 20, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Why do people choose the term Homophobic to classify those who do not prefer gays? undecided
There must be a reason why they don't prefer gays na.
Contempt, prejudice, hate, bias, etc?
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by A40(m): 1:33am On Jan 20, 2009
Naah i ain't raising no gay kid better be a grand-dad than have a homo son
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by honeric01(m): 2:19am On Jan 20, 2009
HA HA HA, you guys still don't understand what this world is still going to turn to, Don't you read bible? You can't stop it, the devil is the prince of this world, so it's expected for us to see strange and weird things, wait until when you put in jail for even saying there is God, You are still complaining about Gays and Lesbians? Wait until when people would no longer be pregnant again, rather, they bake eggs and sperms to make babies with the help of an incubator ( It has started and it's going to continue).
Many Humans all over the world believe they are now wiser than God and that the word God is an Imaginary being so He shouldn't be considered as creature of the world and everything thereof and that this earth and everything inside happened by chance, wait until people would prefer marrying a Goat or Dog and having Legal sex with these animals as couples.
My advise, try to Draw closer to God even as the world runs away from God, you need God in other to do away from all these things yet to come,
Una Never see anything,
It's still going to be a natural and normal thing to:
Marry your mother
Marry your father
Marry your sister
Marry Goats
Marry Dogs
Adopt Animals in place of having to give birth
man Marry man (Fact and is happening)
Woman marry woman (Fact and is happening)
Adolescents banging eachother on their parents matrimonial beds.
90 years old man married to 10 years old because it's his choice
Children beating their parents (Fact and is happening)
More and more of these things,
That's what the word FREEDOM, Free mind, liberal mind, science, human philosophy, Human laws e.t.c is going to cause sooner or latter.
Bottom line, prepare for the unexpected, It's going to happen soon even if Nigeria rejects it now, (The western world once rejected most of them before).

Freedom for the disadvantages of "Freedom of the human mind"
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:54am On Jan 20, 2009
HeatFusion:

There must be a reason why they don't prefer gays na.
Contempt, prejudice, hate, bias, etc?
Yeah, I know. . . but phobia? I mean, I just want to understand why/how phobia is the appropriate blanket suffix for labeling?
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by chrissiebe(f): 4:05am On Jan 20, 2009
honeric01:

HA HA HA, you guys still don't understand what this world is still going to turn to, Don't you read bible? You can't stop it, the devil is the prince of this world, so it's expected for us to see strange and weird things, wait until when you put in jail for even saying there is God, You are still complaining about Gays and Lesbians? Wait until when people would no longer be pregnant again, rather, they bake eggs and sperms to make babies with the help of an incubator ( It has started and it's going to continue).
Many Humans all over the world believe they are now wiser than God and that the word God is an Imaginary being so He shouldn't be considered as creature of the world and everything thereof and that this earth and everything inside happened by chance, wait until people would prefer marrying a Goat or Dog and having Legal sex with these animals as couples.
My advise, try to Draw closer to God even as the world runs away from God, you need God in other to do away from all these things yet to come,
Una Never see anything,
It's still going to be a natural and normal thing to:
Marry your mother
Marry your father
Marry your sister
Marry Goats
Marry Dogs
Adopt Animals in place of having to give birth
man Marry man (Fact and is happening)
Woman marry woman (Fact and is happening)
Adolescents banging eachother on their parents matrimonial beds.
90 years old man married to 10 years old because it's his choice
Children beating their parents (Fact and is happening)
More and more of these things,
That's what the word FREEDOM, Free mind, liberal mind, science, human philosophy, Human laws e.t.c is going to cause sooner or latter.
Bottom line, prepare for the unexpected, It's going to happen soon even if Nigeria rejects it now, (The western world once rejected most of them before).

Freedom for the disadvantages of "Freedom of the human mind"

I just reached heaven right now oooo! ROTFLMAO!
i pray to God that none happens to me sha! just for the sake of the topic, i prefer a pregnant daughter! lol, oh shit!, sad even tho thats sad!
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Theblessed(f): 7:00am On Jan 20, 2009
Thou shall not judge!!!!! Remember??

But since I have been given a choice between a gay son and a 14yr old pregnant daughter - all I can say is that all God's creation is beautiful - gay or heterosexual, small or big. If am correct, according to the bible these people are created that way and there's nothing anyone can do to change their sexual orientation. Every country under this planet has got male and female gays, right? So, leave them alone. They are not stopping you from breathing, eating, sleeping or even pooing so what's the heck? Live and let live please!!!!!!!!!!

However, since I have been given the right to choose I will definitely welcome my beautiful brand new grand child into the world because through him/her my lineage continues whereas my gay son may intentionally choose not to procreate even to become a donor to a woman as they are not sexually oriented towards women and thus leave me in limbo. Would I let that happen No, I will sell every thing I have to ensure my 14yr old with a baby is comfomfotable and cared for to be able to raise my little 'Sunshine'. Get it A bird in hand is worth two in the bush, buddy. According to Ibo language, 'Ikem ji ka'.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Monicaa: 7:08am On Jan 20, 2009
Well I don't pray for any but definitely a pregnant daughter at least she's fertile, Gay son, no way!! undecided
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Taken(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2009
<If am correct, according to the bible these people are created that way and there's nothing anyone can do to change their sexual orientation.>

You are completely and automatically incorrect about above statement.  Which bible did you get that from - You better read the book of Romans, Chapter one again.

Please eyin eniyanmi, make we no sleep under the house with fire.  Gay or 14 years old getting pregnant, bad thing na bad thing o. 
The moment we start giving excuses, we are in for big and uncontrollable trouble.  Abi, you want a gay male teacher dey teach your pikin for school mathematis + wetin you carry under your sokoto (or female gay teacher dey help your daughter message her bottom)?

God forbid bad thing!
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by shawn123: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2009
a pregnant daughter is normal, mistakes do happen. she would change most likely. A gay son is like not having a son cos i would kill him myself. So i would rather a pregnant dughter any day"!!!!!!!!
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Sagamite(m): 8:40am On Jan 20, 2009
webdezzi:

I can't believe that this will make it to the homepage.
I mean, what is interesting about the topic for it to make it to the homepage. huh?

Eh. . . . . . it is probably interesting to know how Nigerians' opinions are changing in the rapidly globalising world, easier access to exchange of information and culture through internet & cable TV and the accelerating moral degradation of the western society that Africans have an insatiable appetite to copy.

One good point of having this on the front page is the obvious panic that can be observed, in this short period of time, in some forumites to the thought that the world will be able to see (through this internationally referenced forum) that Nigerians actually oppose homosexuality. They probably feel opposing homosexuality is a "shame" and lack of "progress" or "self development".

Don't you think it is good to monitor these changes in our prevalent culture and belief system? 

Or are you type that after reaching a point of no return start wondering what happened, how did we get here?
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Sagamite(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Yeah, I know. . . but phobia? I mean, I just want to understand why/how phobia is the appropriate blanket suffix for labeling?

I wonder o.

I have observed that it is a dysphemistic word used to intimidate, coerce and bully people into accepting their point of view of homosexuality.

A "phobia" is an unhealthy/unnatural fear or opposition to something, so accepting to be labelled homophobic is the first defeat as you are indirecting accepting that your opposition to gays is unhealthy and unnatural. 

I never accept the term homophobic. I am at best anti-gay, pro-morality, anti-deviancy etc.

I have even emailed the BBC several times to complain about the use of the word on their African section website when reporting on homosexuality because it betrays their neutrality and thankfully they have began to use more neutral words.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by honeric01(m): 10:05am On Jan 20, 2009
We shouldn't even compare 14 years old pregnant daughter to a gay son,
Reasons:
It's Natural to be pregnant mistakenly, because we humans are prone to Mistakes.
But it's not a Natural thing to be sexually attracted to your same sex because the normal human and animal bodies are created to be attracted only to their opposite sex, If you don't believe that, then make your own human beings and then make it natural to be attracted to same sex,

Imagine the world where animals are allowed to choose the fact that they can be attracted to same sex,
Result of that would be:
Famine
Malnutrition
Hunger
Scarcity of meat and eggs to give proteins
Starving causing death to humans and even wild animals who rely on other animals to survive.

Bottom line: Lesbianism and homosexuality were not created that way, the scientists are really hiding the truth from the real world,
I suspect foul play from the agent of Satan (Most scientists who believe there is no God and it trying to make sure they contradict every laws and guidelines God gave mankind and his creation).
They must have mixed somethings in some of these pills pregnant women take or even this sex enhancing products for both male and female.

Lastly, I believe The angels of THE Devil have really transformed into humans just to spread this Lies called Gay.

Humans who still believe in God should hold firm to God and stick to what the bible teaches,
Advise:
READ REVELATION IN OTHER TO UNDERSTAND THE CHANGES WE ARE EXPERIENCING IN THIS WORLD.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by origina9ja(f): 10:33am On Jan 20, 2009
what is your definition of gay
coz my definition mean HAPPY wink
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by JustGood(m): 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2009
Mrs.Oyibo:

JUSTGOOD

Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean that I don't have the right to post here on Nairaland. Funny that you say that I should go and post on British websites because you know absolutely nothing about me. You don't know where I live, what nationality I am, what race I am, what sexuality I am. However, because of your narrowmindedness you didn't hesitate to make assumptions. I dare say that there are plenty of people on here who would be horrified that you feel that you have the right to speak for the entire Nigerian population, because I know for a fact that the entire Nigerian population aren't as narrowminded, racist and homphobic as you are. Oh, and by the way, don't want to shock you now, but some Nigerian people are gay too!!

You can shove your right up anything.

If you have such right to air your opinion, what gives you the right to say that something should not be aired publicly? What gives you the right toimply that the way Nigerians see things is wrong? Or are you just a plain ignorant person who thinks she can come here and proffer daft opinions without thinking?

I dont speak for the Nigerian population so why do you think it is your right to stifle the opinion of the Nigerian population by saying that this should not be front page?

I have no problems with being referred to as homophobic and even racist. . . what do you refer to yourself as? IGNORAMUS? If you cant stand Nigerians' opinon on sodomites, go to a british or American website to read their opinions. Na by force? angry
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Carlmax(m): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2009
I would surely pick a pregnant daughter, pregnancy is temporary and children often comes wit joy but a gay son would only bring me pains.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by maedan(f): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2009
Taken:

Abi, you want a gay male teacher dey teach your pikin for school mathematis + wetin you carry under your sokoto (or female gay teacher dey help your daughter message her bottom)?

God forbid bad thing!

To be fair, not all gay persons are pedophiles or child molestors, so let's make it clear that no one has anything against homosexuals ( as per the homophobic issue grin) I personally would just not want to give birth to one! And I wouldn't want a pregnant teenage daughter either, but if one had to choose . . . I'd rather be a grandmother sooner that I planned than to worry where my son will be sticking his family jewels . . . lipsrsealed
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by sweetmum(f): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2009
pregnant daughter
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
Sagamite:

I wonder o.
[. . .]
A "phobia" is an unhealthy/unnatural fear or opposition to something, so accepting to be labelled homophobic is the first defeat as you are indirecting accepting that your opposition to gays is unhealthy and unnatural.
[. . .]
See, this is the definition of "phobia" that I'm familiar with. So I just wanted to ask, because people [over]use the term (homophobia) so much, and I'm wondering if "phobia" in the context of "homophobia" is actually what I thought it was, or if it meant something else. Well, at least I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this.

Sagamite:

I have even emailed the BBC several times to complain about the use of the word on their African section website when reporting on homosexuality because it betrays their neutrality and thankfully they have began to use more neutral words.
That's good.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Sagamite(m): 1:20am On Jan 21, 2009
ChinenyeN,

Dare I say, the opposition is actually the diametrical opposite: Healthy and natural.

Unfortunately the gay crusade have hijacked and now dominate the most powerful forces of culture and its dessimation in the world at the moment: The Western media.

This is probably because the gay populace are generally on average more of the creative type than the heterosexual crew. And since the media of the world nowadays is coasting from the educative & morally upright to the sensational & morally decadent outlook on issues, you are bound to see the prevalence of the creative types. The creative types (including the ones that are not gay) are less focused on social order, rather they have a strong focus on all forms of freedom and fun (usually with poor assessment of wider consequences).
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by ebumowa(f): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2009
Sagamite:

ChinenyeN,

Dare I say, the opposition is actually the diametrical opposite: Healthy and natural.

Unfortunately the gay crusade have hijacked and now dominate the most powerful forces of culture and its dessimation in the world at the moment: The Western media.

This is probably because the gay populace are generally on average more of the creative type than the heterosexual crew. And since the media of the world nowadays is coasting from the educative & morally upright to the sensational & morally decadent outlook on issues, you are bound to see the prevalence of the creative types. The creative types (including the ones that are not gay) are less focused on social order, rather they have a strong focus on all forms of freedom and fun (usually with poor assessment of wider consequences).

Please could you explain what are the "wider consequences" of two same sex adults in a relationship?

honeric01:

We shouldn't even compare 14 years old pregnant daughter to a gay son,
Reasons:
It's Natural to be pregnant mistakenly, because we humans are prone to Mistakes.
But it's not a Natural thing to be sexually attracted to your same sex because the normal human and animal bodies are created to be attracted only to their opposite sex, If you don't believe that, then make your own human beings and then make it natural to be attracted to same sex,

Imagine the world where animals are allowed to choose the fact that they can be attracted to same sex,
Result of that would be:
Famine
Malnutrition
Hunger
Scarcity of meat and eggs to give proteins
Starving causing death to humans and even wild animals who rely on other animals to survive.

Bottom line: Lesbianism and homosexuality were not created that way, the scientists are really hiding the truth from the real world,
I suspect foul play from the agent of Satan (Most scientists who believe there is no God and it trying to make sure they contradict every laws and guidelines God gave mankind and his creation).
They must have mixed somethings in some of these pills pregnant women take or even this sex enhancing products for both male and female.

Lastly, I believe The angels of THE Devil have really transformed into humans just to spread this Lies called Gay.

Humans who still believe in God should hold firm to God and stick to what the bible teaches,
Advise:
READ REVELATION IN OTHER TO UNDERSTAND THE CHANGES WE ARE EXPERIENCING IN THIS WORLD.

Here we go again  shocked
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by ebogentle(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2009
Batty boy or preggy teen girl, hmmm, I believe somewhere in this world, some family already has both.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by waterworks(f): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2009
wat? definately a pregnant daughter! reasons:
if ur bothered about shame u can always bundle her off somewer have the baby and prtend its yours or move somewer else!
of cours eit was misjudgement but it can always grow to be a blessing to the family, after a whille everyone will get over it.

a gay son?? that is just damn rite messed up! no future to look ahead to he will never be accepted at home and even in places abroad even if he is he can never be married! totday its legal tommorrow it isnt, were just managing to beat racism and now u want to enter sexism or homism or wataever its called, thats just unnecessary fight no one needs in thier lives! need i go on? its a repetative sin! u will forever be fornicating because u can never married in the eyes of God! not only that you are now a sodomite on top lol! at least the pregnancy fit be one time deal lol! eniway all God forbid sha.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by smileskiss(f): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2009
Neither will i choose a pregnant daughter nor a gay son

because all dis are demonic
For a pregnant daughter is fornication and adultery and for the gay son also, more complicated, i hate to hear about gay of a thing.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by smileskiss(f): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
what kind of a satanic thread is this, are you people believers at all.

As for me NONE OF THE ABOVE
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Jarus(m): 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2009
Gay ke. Olohun maje. I prefer pregnant daughter.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by tayoast(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2009
It's better I'm not aware of what they do.

Or better still, not give birth.

Why crave what will make d family unhappy.
Re: As Nigerians: Pregnant Daughter Or Gay Son? by Sagamite(m): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2009
ebumowa:

Please could you explain what are the "wider consequences" of two same sex adults in a relationship?

Some:

Demanding the right to marriage.
Demanding the right to adopt children.
Demanding that gay programmes/acts be shown equally on TV programmes as heterosexual acts.
Demanding that the church and mosque should change there religion to accept them.
Demanding that our kids should be thought that gay partnership is an option of a family model.
So what other form of deviant sexual orientation will start campaigning for the same rights. Incestors? Necrophilics? Bestials?

These are just a few of the wider consequences I have observed in the western world.

I almost forgot about the pregnancy of an IT (neither man or woman, but lives as a man) that we had to endure hearing about in the US recently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Malice Keeping Between Couples / Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child / Mbaise People And Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.