Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,583 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife (1120 Views)

Akpabio & Wife Plot Assassination Of Inibehe Effiong - Sahara Reporters / Man Lies On The Ground For Akpabio At The Airport (Photos) / Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 15, 2015
Kneeling, bowing or prostrating for the wife of Akwa Ibom State governor, Mrs. Unoma Akpabio, is a common feature in Akwa Ibom state.

Those who do not oblige to this concept are often considered to be anti-Akpabio’s administration.

A member in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly representing Mbo State Constituency, Mrs. Alice Ekpenyong, knelt before the governor’s wife at the Independent National Electoral Commission office, when they were being presented with the certificates of return in 2011.

Similarly, many of the commissioners in the state cannot stand before Mrs. Akpabio to talk; they must either face a different direction or stoop low before her.

Recently, the Commissioner of Works, Mr. Don Etim, was found kneeling to talk to her during one of the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rallies in the state.

Etim is the Dean, College of Commissioners in the state. He is one of the longest serving commissioners in Akpabio’s administration.

Also a commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Dr. (Mrs.) Glory Edet, was recently seen fanning her during the presentation of the 2015 Appropriation Bill to the House of Assembly.

A strong PDP member, Mr. Silvernus Okon, stated that the governor’s wife has no regards for anybody.

He added that even if Etim had wanted to kneel before her, she would have cautioned the man against doing so.

“It is unbelievable that Don Etim who is old enough to be her father could descend so low to kneel before her.

“This tells you the type of people that we have in the state. Even if Etim had wanted to kneel for her, we expected her to have stopped him and cautioned him against doing so in future,” he said.

All attempts to get Etim to react to why he knelt before the governor’s wife failed as calls to his phone indicated that it had been switched off.

A text message was also sent to him which he did not reply.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/akwa-ibom-state-where-commissioners-others-kneel-for-akpabios-wife/

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by olas24u(f): 8:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Bottom power can change appointment in i min grin
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2015
Its a shame. Don Etim is old enough to be her father.
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by hamaworld(m): 8:20am On Mar 15, 2015
Sign of respect
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Respect for who? Why will a commissioner be kneeling down for the governor's wife. Lots of poo goes on in this country

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by victorD3: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2015
Guys relax he isn't kneeling. The seats are all tagged and I know Don is intelligent enough not to seat on someone's seat so he only came down to her level to listen to the woman.
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Look at d picture very well
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by double0seven(m): 10:01am On Mar 15, 2015
victorD3:
Guys relax he isn't kneeling. The seats are all tagged and I know Don is intelligent enough not to seat on someone's seat so he only came down to her level to listen to the woman.

Guy, I think you just give it a rest. Why the hell can he not momentarily sit on the seat; and it's not as he is going to take over the seat. And what would have happened had he momentarily sat on the seat? Would the security have arrested him? It's not as if he is a goddamn nobody; he's a commissioner of that state for god's sake.

The seat were empty. The person meant to sit on it was not around yet. The natural inclination would be for anybody to sit and talk.

The fact that he's even elderly makes the issue much worse.

And I believe all that's been said about the wife's character. A good woman would have told an elderly like that to take a seat instead of the inconviniency of kneeling down.

The truth is, no matter how you look at it, it's psycophancy.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by meforyou1(m): 10:22am On Mar 15, 2015
Abeg leave the man alone. He is kneeling for his money.
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by double0seven(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2015
meforyou1:

I do not contest the above statement.

what I am in contesttation with is some people saying the posture is normal and there is nothing amiss in the scene. Why should an elderly commissioner of a a state be kneeling like that to hear what the wife of the governor has to say.
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by meforyou1(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2015
double0seven:

what I am in contesttation with is some people saying the posture is normal and there is nothing amiss in the scene. Why should an elderly commissioner of a a state be kneeling like that to hear what the wife of the governor has to say.
the posture is not normal at all. I can't even kneel to talk to President Goodluck Jonathan, talkless of a mere housewife who has no known constitutional function

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by emiye(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2015
Even Akpabio confessed that the current PDP gubernatorial candidate was proposed by his wife

The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Godswill Akpabio, has said the Peoples Democratic Party candidate in the state, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, was first “discovered” by his wife, Mrs. Unoma Akpabio.

Describing his wife as Mother Theresa and ‘Mkpouto’ Akwa Ibom during the PDP campaign organisation inauguration in Uyo on Tuesday night, the governor commended the his wife for her foresight in spotting Emmanuel.

“Mother Theresa, Mkpouto Akwa Ibom; she is the First Lady of Akwa Ibom State, who spotted Udom Emmanuel,” he said.

The governor added that he asked the deputy governor of the state, Mrs. Valerie Ebe, not to contest the 2015 governorship election.

He declared that as a result of the stress involved in governorship campaigns, it would be inimical for the woman to contest, adding that he advised her instead to have her retirement package and be a stakeholder to advise the youth.
http://www.punchng.com/news/my-wife-produced-pdp-gov-candidate-emmanuel-akpabio
Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by oduastates: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2015
I like ibom people a lot.many ibomites spend/ spent a substantial chunk of their lives in the SW and it is not uncommon to find yoruba speakers amongst them. They are usually warm and friendly. They are also the closest to the liberal dispositions of the SW. People who actually practice " one Nigeria" in speech and in deed.
However this apkabio is the antithesis of what I perceived akwa ibom stood for. He is nothing short of an power drunk egomaniac.
Attah was a governor too but he leads a life of decency and respect.
The earlier the citizens of the state put him in his place, the better for them.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by double0seven(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2015
meforyou1:

meforyou1:

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: State Where Commissioners, Others, Kneel For Akpabio’s Wife by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Akpabio's wife is more than a governor's wife. She's a powerbroker in Akwa Ibom. Somebody needs to scrap the damn office of the first lady. Its rubbish

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Watch The Damaging Video On Femi Fani-kayode...{video} / Boko Haram: Obasanjo Strikes Jonathan Again. Blames GEJ / Performance Of 6 Years In Just 5 Weeks, What A Shame!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.