Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria (85721 Views)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by KevinBrown: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2015
Glamrock:

Thanks for the position feedback. I actually don't plan to live for three years I have to save and get my business in order
I'm curious... Do you speak pidgin?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ttmacoy: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2015
That IF applies to pretty much every country. If not for war and poverty Somalia would be the greatest country on earth. If not for inflation and Mugabe Zimbabwe will be the best country on earth etc.

Doesn't mean much. what matters is what is on the ground... the reality of things not IF fantasy lands.

adconline:
Ui
Big IF.. The point is, Naija has never been a great country and may likely not be cos power is at 3000MW while about less than 50K km roads are paved while a country like Pakistan has 3x more paved roads than Naija

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by adconline(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2015
ttmacoy:
That IF applies to pretty much every country. If not for war and poverty Somalia would be the greatest country on earth. If not for inflation and Mugabe Zimbabwe will be the best country on earth etc.

Doesn't mean much. what matters is what is on the ground... the reality of things not IF fantasy lands.

Stop deluding yourself! Somali has been fighting war since 1990s while Naija is not, Zimbabwe has been under sanctions from west since 2000s while Naija is not. All our problems are self-inflicted and executed.
I repeat Naija is not ready to turn things around. No CT Scan or MRI machines in any govt hospital in the whole of south east. Minus Lagos, only UCH has in the southwest.. There is no IF aabout these situations, it's just that we have made conscious effort to under develop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ttmacoy: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2015
We are saying the same thing.

You say Nigeria is not ready to turn things around, that's part of the IF mirage. As far back as I can remember we've been taking about this if our leaders this, if Nigerians that and it has not happened.

You say Somalia is fishing war since 1990s. I say if they decide to embrace peace the war will be over and they will make progress but they choose not to.

You say Zimbabwe is under sanctions, I say if the people of Zimbabwe choose democracy and rule of law there will be no sanctions and they will progress.

So you see its easy to point out the IFs but hard to achieve and this applies to Nigeria as well.

adconline:

Stop deluding yourself! Somali has been fighting war since 1990s while Naija is not, Zimbabwe has been under sanctions from west since 2000s while Naija is not. All our problems are self-inflicted and executed.
I repeat Naija is not ready to turn things around. No CT Scan or MRI machines in any govt hospital in the whole of south east. Minus Lagos, only UCH has in the southwest.. There is no IF aabout these situations, it's just that we have made conscious effort to under develop.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2015
Masturbation:

Don't you understand English ??
Does "I have been to" and "I live " have the same meaning ??

You're a slave in another man's land.
American citizenship is crap, i don't also need it, if i want it next week i can get it
Liar!u fit get wetin?yeye
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Menace2Society(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2015
Masturbation:

Lol
U are guy got ya undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by 6packdude: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2015
Y
Masturbation:
The home based Nigerians who have never been to the airport or flew in an airplane will think America is a paradise on earth.
I lived in San Diego California for 16 years.
Do you think i'm a fool to coming back to Nigeria finally.
I got my American citizenship within my 5th year.

Davido was born in Atlanta,Georgia Usa.
Emma Nyra lived in America for 19 years.
M.I lived in America for some years
Banky W lived in America for 10 years.
What brought them back to Nigeria ?? Are you wiser than them ??
America is living in it's lost glory.
I would pick any european country over Usa.
Sorry this don't count. Oh how about meek mill or rae sremmurd or big Sean. Or the Australian rapper? How about him? How about her how? How about them? There are rag to stardom cases everywhere in the damn world and it doesn't mean jack.

You know why? Not everyone is gonna have that freaking story and these are 1% or less of the population. We're talking the majority here, we are talking your everyday man. We're talking the man you see on the street earning a living and having his basic rights protected.

Until the basic things of live is offered to EVERY Nigerian with no special privilege required just like any sane country out, then your story will start to make sense.

Until then, go figure why every feels normal watching a human get burned in public or why millions still scramble for government jobs. Don't give the few isolated stories bullsh1t

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by shine12: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2015
boluyongp:

@OP: it reflects you are still very much American in your mindset, you need to change that first if you are going to cope in Africa. Begin to think like an African, speak like an African and act like an African. Saying "Your resources" for instance instead of "Our" is not a good sign from you at all. Also, Africa is not a country, it is a continent made up of 54 countries. You also did not tell us what country in Africa you have your roots from or want to relocate to. I suspect you are partly Ghanaian sef. Africa isn't all about war and poverty, we are not that backward, go to Cape Town or Abuja and you'll be surprised they are far more developed than Arkansas or Tulsa.
By the way, you are a beautiful lady and I like your face, wanna know you off nairaland.

Bro, you are comparing your Capital(Abuja) and Cape-Town(Top two cities in South Africa) to Tulsa(A city that might not make top 50 in the USA) and Arkansas (I don't think Abuja is more developed than Little Rock).
A fair comparison is to compare Abuja to Washington DC, Chicago or Houston
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by adconline(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2015
shine12:

Bro, you are comparing your Capital(Abuja) and Cape-Town(Top two cities in South Africa) to Tulsa(A city that might not make top 50 in the USA) and Arkansas (I don't think Abuja is more developed than Little Rock).
Stop deceiving yourself. I have been to Philadelphia, MS.. It's a small desolate town in Deep South, but it has public water source, efficient sewage cleaning system, functional health department, functional traffic lights, Abuja doesn't all these!! Comparing Abuja to Chicago is like comparing Dangote to the richest man in your village.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Fellonigerians: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2015
Glamrock:

Congrats for realizing that you need to move back to Nigeria... Please come back and join in fixing Nigeria...

The key to relocating to Naija is saying to yourself that no matter what, you will hang in there...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Dyoungstar: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2015
adconline:

Stop deceiving yourself. I have been to Philadelphia, MS.. It's a small desolate town in Deep South, but it has public water source, efficient sewage cleaning system, functional health department, functional traffic lights, Abuja doesn't all these!! Comparing Abuja to Chicago is like comparing Dangote to the richest man in your village.

What if Dangote is from his village?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Fellonigerians: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2015
adconline:

Which one is Dangote, and which one is the local champion??

Philadelphia, MS is a small town of less than 10,000 people, too small to be compared to Abuja... Abuja should be compared to DC, New York, Chicago, etc...

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by decountof(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2015
experimentist:
No Try Am O

let me help you repeat ...."NO TRY AM O"
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Afroconnect: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2015
experimentist:
No Try Am O
Poverty mind,because you are poor in Naija don't mean there aint people enjoying living here.
She just gave you 10 personal reasons why she hates being in America,but because of your poor situation you prefer to eat burgers all day and stand guard a train station all your life all in the name of being in America.

Dangote lives in Nigeria-mumu wake up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by FBS: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
Afroconnect:

Poverty mind,because you are poor in Naija don't mean there aint people enjoying living here.
She just gave you 10 personal reasons why she hates being in America,but because of your poor situation you prefer to eat burgers all day and stand guard a train station all your life all in the name of being in America.

May I ask a question? How many Dangotes do we have in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
babeface3:
As a psychologist, I was just trying a hypothesis when the decision by some European girls to travel to Syria and join ISIS is juxtaposed with OP's decision.

Any fellow psychologist in the house? grin
It's a saviour complex mixed with feminine impulsiveness.
I think undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by khiaa(f): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=Glamrock post=31650730]

I'm clueless and ignorant but here you are commenting mad at me for what? Like I said you're clueless you think I don't know anything. Your ignorance is shown in you message. You've gotten enough attention from me today. Looks like you're the one who has failed and are mad because someone believes in their self.UNLIKE YOU. GOOD DAY grin[/quo
-------------------------------------
I'm not mad at you at all, but you are very young, continue reading the topics on this site and believe me they will teach you alot. They will not appreciate your kissing up too them, I am not Nigerian and I find your post offensive so I know that they do also, do you think that they aren't intelligent enough to see through your junivile posts?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by abdillahee(m): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wow Wow Wow! That's impressive, that's why 2pac said "we built this nation" meaning we Africans built the west, our ancestors that are stolen and forced as slaves built American letter killed and abandoned them, that's truly disgusting and unfair to humanity, so it's time to fight back we as black, Bob Marley once said get up and stand up for your right, so this revolutionaries musicians know what they are saying, was it sensless or making senses, so we have come back to our senses not to be fooled with westerners habit... Tobe continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by experimentist: 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Afroconnect:

Must you call me mumu after making your point?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
Billyonaire:

I started out with 15kva turnkey system and gradually upgraded to 20kva then 30kva. It sounds industrial to him because of his level in life. For me, my drive is to, totally stay off the national grid in my lifetime, and I am constantly researching on latest solar and battery technologies. Alternatively, most serviced estates generate energy and connect to homes 24/7 with customized metering system. One doesnt have to worry about the sources of energy, all you know is that there is electricity at your home 24/7, your business is to fund your smart card.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by boluyongp(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
shine12:

Aiite bro, thanks for your observation.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by wiseworld: 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Let him relocate to benue,sambisa F
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Tosinville(m): 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
45 million african american population? These folks ar waxing away like seriously with d gun killings, junk foods and all that

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by adconline(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fellonigerians:

Which one is Dangote, and which one is the local champion??

Philadelphia, MS is a small town of less than 10,000 people, too small to be compared to Abuja... Abuja should be compared to DC, New York, Chicago, etc...
On what basis? New York is 8.5m; Chicago is 2.7m and about Abuja is less than 1m with no public transport, no train tracks, no functional traffic lights, no public water treatment system.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by JUNIT1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
noooooooooooo

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fellonigerians:

Congrats for realizing that you need to move back to Nigeria... Please come back and join in fixing Nigeria...

The key to relocating to Naija is saying to yourself that no matter what, you will hang in there...

Thank you
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Fellonigerians: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
adconline:

On what basis? New York is 8.5m; Chicago is 2.7m and about Abuja is less than 1m with no public transport, no train tracks, no functional traffic lights, no public water treatment system.

Yes the country is not at the level we want it to be, but let us not get carried away. No matter how bad it is, e no reach to compare Abuja with Philly, MS with 8,000 people and on a land mass of 27sq. km. We just have to work for the right person to run Nigeria, so that we can reach our potentia

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Glamrock:

Thank you
Come to Kenya, no offense people of 9ja but living conditions are better here than in Nigeria, there are lots of Igbos that can attest to that here that are making it big (they even say its better for a black man than in South Africa). We have 24/7 electricity which is very cheap. With all my electronic appliances on and lights on 60% of the time i pay on average an amount of 800 shillings for my electricity bill, given that 88Kshs = 1$, that's not even 10$ a month grin grin grin. You said you were a tech expert, then the environment in Nairobi is very, and i mean very inviting for tech experts. You can tour our beautiful country with all the tourist friendly entertainment spots, you'll never be bored here. You can learn Swahili which is the most widely spoken language in Sub-Saharan Africa. The weather is very nice with Nairobi never exceeding 30 degrees Celsius there are also lots of American type suburbs where you can live relatively well if you earn at least 1,000$. If you want lots of cash come to Kenya, there are over 100 international companies with their African headquarters in Nairobi including General Electric.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by bramptoneagle: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
bramptoneagle:
My dearest sister, Kindly look before you Leap. Don't move to any part of Africa unless you get a top management position that will pay for all your travelling expenses to Africa, that will provide you with a well secured accommodation in a high class environment, two SUVs plus a driver, house help/cook, gateman/security, generous salary plus a high standard allowances.
Visits the country, find a friend that can guard you. You need to know about the country's power supply, health cares, drinking water, education system/cost, road, drainage systems, bribery/corruption, media standard, banking, supermarket and cost of food.
I once moved my entire family back to my native country. Our testimony - we returned alive and in good health. My native country is a little JUNGLE - Everyone and everything in my native country need the Grand-Mother of All Deliverances. Look before you LEAP.
My dearest sister, Kindly look before you Leap. Don't move to any part of Africa unless you get a top management position that will pay for all your travelling expenses to Africa, provide you a well secured accommodation in a high class environment, two SUVs plus a driver, house help/cook, gateman/security, generous salary plus Nigeria high standard allowances.
Visits the country, find a friend that can guard you. You need to know about the country's power supply, health cares, drinking water, education system/cost, road, drainage systems, bribery/corruption, media standard, banking, supermarket and cost of food.
I once moved my entire family back to my native country. Our testimony - we returned alive and in good health. My native country is a little JUNGLE - Everyone and everything in my native country need the Grand-Mother of All Deliverances. Look before you LEAP.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by hodari: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
pkjag:

Come to Kenya, no offense people of 9ja but living conditions are better here than in Nigeria, there are lots of Igbos that can attest to that here that are making it big (they even say its better for a black man than in South Africa). We have 24/7 electricity which is very cheap. With all my electronic appliances on and lights on 60% of the time i pay on average an amount of 800 shillings for my electricity bill, given that 88Kshs = 1$, that's not even 10$ a month grin grin grin. You said you were a tech expert, then the environment in Nairobi is very, and i mean very inviting for tech experts. You can tour our beautiful country with all the tourist friendly entertainment spots, you'll never be bored here. You can learn Swahili which is the most widely spoken language in Sub-Saharan Africa. The weather is very nice with Nairobi never exceeding 30 degrees Celsius there are also lots of American type suburbs where you can live relatively well if you earn at least 1,000$. If you want lots of cash come to Kenya, there are over 100 international companies with their African headquarters in Nairobi including General Electric.
OP, you better listen to this poster very well. If you want to settle in Africa, I suggest you consider countries in East and Southern Africa like Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, etc. They are more conducive generally speaking.

I find it disheartening that millions of White people live in these countries but not our Afro-American cousins. Come and you won't regret it. https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east/147
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by ogbonoeba: 2:39am On Mar 17, 2015
hodari:

OP, you better listen to this poster very well. If you want to settle in Africa, I suggest you consider countries in East and Southern Africa like Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, etc. They are more conducive generally speaking.

I find it disheartening that millions of White people live in these countries but not our Afro-American cousins. Come and you won't regret it. https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east/147

Very nice pics of Nairobi, Kenya. Hmmm...I wonder if emirates flies there. I have to visit this year.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria by Glamrock(f): 5:05am On Mar 17, 2015
I just want to tell everyone Thankyou for all the advice you have given me. The good and the bad are both appreciated. You taught me a lot and have shown me a variety of different views of Nigeria. A lot of things I were already aware of through my own research on the country , most of which definitely goes on in America, which is why I said some of the things I did in the original post. No worries! I have to thank those who made my post front page. The outpoor of love and open "welcome homes" I've received is something I didn't expect because I didn't think so many people would see this. Makes me proud to see this unity for us over here. A lot of people don't realize the importance of us (Africans in the diaspora) and continental Africans connecting and locking hands. I'll be sure to update this forum as I continue my journey. we'll see how this goes... peace and love to you my naija family #letsbuildeachotherup

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: Beautiful Drone shots Of Lagos / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.