Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (666641 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:46pm On May 06, 2016
See, y'all enjoyed it for yourselves...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:43pm On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

SPOILERS!!!.

I don't think we'll be seeing him again he did his part.
so where you a little disappointed that nobody died I thought for sure somebody was going to get it in that last fight.
that's my only criticism of this movie "nobody died" which doesn't even make sense.

Oh I'm pretty sure **** will return. There's a reason they didn't allow him to ***. He played his part in this movie sure but there are so many ways he could be useful and they know that's why they kept him

They really played a fast one on us, I was sure someone was going to. Wasn't disappointed however cos the ending was so satisfying that it wasn't needed. Sometimes seeing people ******* for life makes more sense. I actually felt what happened more than the death in BvS. I agree in this movie would have made it perfect sense but it seems they're saving it for when it'll have the greatest impact. I
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:50pm On May 06, 2016
cao:
See, y'all enjoyed it for yourselves...

Asin! So much fun. Wish I could skip forward in time so I could watch all the upcoming MCU movies
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2016
Some quick thoughts:

- Bucky. Surprisingly Bucky ended up as my favorite hero in this film. Close behind was Black Panther, then Cap. Can Marvel please make a Black Widow & Bucky movie? I would watch the hell out of that

- I changed sides so many times. I was first Team Cap, then I switched to Team Iron Man and back again. This for me was their biggest achievement. In the comics Cap was so obviously right and Tony such a dousche that you really had no problem siding with Cap, but here it's more balanced. Bravo

-Spider-Man! Perfection. The chemistry between he and Aunt May is so great, also that between he and Tony. Thank goodness his movie is coming out next year. Only prayer is they don't show us the death of Uncle Ben again, seen it enough along with the death of Bruce Wayne's parents to last me a lifetime

-T'challa! Accent on point! Fighting style on point! Carriage and bearing on point! Hail to the king!

-Like I said I loved Zemo. His motivation was clear and his plan made sense, though if he weren't in the movie not much would have changed. That's why I feel they're setting him up to be an awesome future villain. This movie just felt like his audition

- I loved the score! Maybe something is wrong with me cos cao complained but I couldn't find anything wrong with it

-This trilogy was perfect, each sequel was better than the last.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:28pm On May 06, 2016
I had no issue with the film's score. I had issue with the fake Lagos and its bad pronunciation.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:57pm On May 06, 2016
cao:
I had no issue with the film's score. I had issue with the fake Lagos and its bad pronunciation.

My mistake. I honestly couldn't identify the locations in Lagos. They probably filmed it in the studio and used cgi to fill the rest in. About the pronunciation I've heard it butchered so many times on CNN it doesn't move me. Only guys I know that get it right are the British, at least on BBC they try
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:01pm On May 06, 2016
moneyallowed:

My mistake. I honestly couldn't identify the locations in Lagos. They probably filmed it in the studio and used cgi to fill the rest in. About the pronunciation I've heard it butchered so many times on CNN it doesn't move me. Only guys I know that get it right are the British, at least on BBC they try
They filmed it in Atlanta. See me trying to look for noticeable landmarks. Then I finally noticed too many trees, that very clean manhole cover, no okada, no pidgin or any Nigerian language.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 11:58pm On May 06, 2016
@moneyallowed
spoilers spoilers spoilers spoliers.
do not read spoilers.

winter soldier got his ass kicked so many times I started to feel pity for him,somebody always come to assist just when his opponent his about to kill him.
antman was so good everything he said was instant gold.
I was always team Iron Man right from the comics.
cap was acting like a baby throughout the whole movie even that his final letter didn't sway me.
vision trying to be normal reminds me about DEATH from discworld their is plenty jokes to mine from that character interaction with other heroes.
how about that cap love interest ?
where you prepared like cao or it shock you that marvel that way.
maybe zemo will work for thanos or be a bad guy in some other standalones.
it's on rdj's back that Mcu built this universe am glad he never disappoints.
I want to see black panther more than the spiderman movie.

spoilers spoilers spoilers.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:09am On May 07, 2016
SirCumalot, I didn't know you were a Discworld fan. Everything sounds awesome when one talks in small caps.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 1:12am On May 07, 2016
Hehehehehe. I've not seen it yet...... But I'm sure Zemo will be back becuz a zemo without the Mask is no Zemo to me....

And @ the end of it all.... #TeamHydra Wins.. grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 1:40am On May 07, 2016
cao:
SirCumalot, I didn't know you were a Discworld fan. Everything sounds awesome when one talks in small caps.
yeah I like the series.
though am ashamed to say I have only read the first sixteen out of forty. currently reading soul music,and also didn't get that last reference it's from which book?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:56am On May 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

yeah I like the series.
though am ashamed to say I have only read the first sixteen out of forty. currently reading soul music,and also didn't get that last reference it's from which book?
Death talks in small caps. And also Susan (Mort's daughter, Death's "granddaughter"wink when she does the voice. And let's not forget the Death of Rats, who squeaks in small caps. I actually started with Going Postal, then got the first 4 (?), then got random ones usually following Rincewind, the Night's Watch, Granny Weatherwax (& co) & Moist von Lipwig (since he was the first Discworld character I ever read about). Are you a fan of the Patrician, Lord Havelock Vetinari? Dey go fear Ankh-Morpork.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 1:57am On May 07, 2016
JasonWattz:
Spoiler!!! C'mon bruh... Not everyone has seen this piece of perfection. Easy on the details please.

Nobody will be easy on the details jare! The alterations from the comics is feeling awkward. Why won"t someone die, seriously? One of the main things that got my blood boiling for the film when it was announced was the assasination of Captain America ( which was part of the plan of that German scientist in Hydra anyway), SO FOR HIM TO DODGE THAT IS JUST CRIMINAL! PLEASE Marvel should rectify this kind of things.

Won't remove the shine off the film tho.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 2:11am On May 07, 2016
moneyallowed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgGY_snj-I

WHIH is back folks

Thanks for this short clip. That was the worst depiction of anywhere in Nigeria since Wolverine Origins. Whats the idea of the market that was been shown three quarters of the time of the report? Isn't the attack not in the WHO headquarters abi UN headquarters? Can't they browse out the real HQ in Abuja and see that markets are not nearby? and the pronunciation of Lagos, Good God! Someone has to answer for that in marvel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:54am On May 07, 2016
cao:

Death talks in small caps. And also Susan (Mort's daughter, Death's "granddaughter"wink when she does the voice. And let's not forget the Death of Rats, who squeaks in small caps. I actually started with Going Postal, then got the first 4 (?), then got random ones usually following Rincewind, the Night's Watch, Granny Weatherwax (& co) & Moist von Lipwig (since he was the first Discworld character I ever read about). Are you a fan of the Patrician, Lord Havelock Vetinari? Dey go fear Ankh-Morpork.
ah I get it now.
am reading based on how they were published so I haven't gotten to going postal yet.
big fan of vetinari since the first night watch book though nobby,vimes and carrot are my favourites.
can't get enough of weatherwax's headology style of witchcraft probably the strongest female character in fantasy.
rincewind is my least favourite discworld character his series aren't so funny "sourcery" in particular.
have you read Small god's yet ?
this is my favourite discworld book so far I have listened to it like five times now.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:14am On May 07, 2016
rapmike:

Thanks for this short clip. That was the worst depiction of anywhere in Nigeria since Wolverine Origins. Whats the idea of the market that was been shown three quarters of the time of the report? Isn't the attack not in the WHO headquarters abi UN headquarters? Can't they browse out the real HQ in Abuja and see that markets are not nearby? and the pronunciation of Lagos, Good God! Someone has to answer for that in marvel.

No it's pretty accurate actually. I don't want to post spoilers but it has nothing to do with the UN building in Abuja. Watch it and you'll understand. The markets are just close to the site of the bombing, and they routinely pronounce Lagos that way, like a Portuguese port city instead of an African one. Frustrating I know but even Call of Duty had the same issue. I don't think anybody is answering for this anytime soon
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:36am On May 07, 2016
@Sircumalot Bucky was seriously badass. The only time that happened was that *****scene and that's cos it was a ***** mission. He looked way more dangerous than Cap at times, truly terrifying. Bucky was my favourite part about this movie

Antman! Pure gold. Every line out of his mouth was so natural that I refuse to believe they scripted his lines. I believe the Russos just told Paul Rudd to freestyle it cos that's how he works. Vision trying to be ****** was hilarious. I was curious about how they'd handle such an OP character but they crushed it. He was humanized in a big way. Remember when the lists for Team Cap and Team Iron Man were released and we thought Team Cap looked underpowered? Lol we know nothing

The Cap stuff I saw coming a mile away. Was less cringey than I expected probably cos they did it well without making it look forced. Also love the look ****** and ***** gave him. Think we might have a new meme!

Tony Stark's acting was so real, best perfomance since Iron Man. He really carries the MCU, I'll be sad when he retires. Best casting marvel has ever done and that's the ng a lot considering how good they are at picking the right people

Thinking more about it Zemo is still my favourite marvel villain. I'll wait for the others to watch it and judge but he's the only villain I can think of whose plan actually worked, and when you compare that to where he came from and who he is, amazing. Also I like the fact that he didn't do that annoying thing villains usually do, preach and talk plenty philosophy about why the world needs to be destroyed and why I am such an evil mastermind. No, just a focused sonafabitch with purpose who carried out his plan. I'll say it again, Loki and Zemo uniting with Thanos would be awesome

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by killzone(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2016
moneyallowed:
@Sircumalot Bucky was seriously badass. The only time that happened was that *****scene and that's cos it was a ***** mission. He looked way more dangerous than Cap at times, truly terrifying. Bucky was my favourite part about this movie

Antman! Pure gold. Every line out of his mouth was so natural that I refuse to believe they scripted his lines. I believe the Russos just told Paul Rudd to freestyle it cos that's how he works. Vision trying to be ****** was hilarious. I was curious about how they'd handle such an OP character but they crushed it. He was humanized in a big way. Remember when the lists for Team Cap and Team Iron Man were released and we thought Team Cap looked underpowered? Lol we know nothing

The Cap stuff I saw coming a mile away. Was less cringey than I expected probably cos they did it well without making it look forced. Also love the look ****** and ***** gave him. Think we might have a new meme!

Tony Stark's acting was so real, best perfomance since Iron Man. He really carries the MCU, I'll be sad when he retires. Best casting marvel has ever done and that's the ng a lot considering how good they are at picking the right people

Thinking more about it Zemo is still my favourite marvel villain. I'll wait for the others to watch it and judge but he's the only villain I can think of whose plan actually worked, and when you compare that to where he came from and who he is, amazing. Also I like the fact that he didn't do that annoying thing villains usually do, preach and talk plenty philosophy about why the world needs to be destroyed and why I am such an evil mastermind. No, just a focused sonafabitch with purpose who carried out his plan. I'll say it again, Loki and Zemo uniting with Thanos would be awesome
you just said my mind exactly, team Cap was just awesome

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by julfikersa: 2:47pm On May 07, 2016
Following. Also a great fan of these movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2016
moneyallowed:

I thought th mcu started with the incredible hulk
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:10pm On May 08, 2016
SIRcumalot:

ah I get it now.
am reading based on how they were published so I haven't gotten to going postal yet.
big fan of vetinari since the first night watch book though nobby,vimes and carrot are my favourites.
can't get enough of weatherwax's headology style of witchcraft probably the strongest female character in fantasy.
rincewind is my least favourite discworld character his series aren't so funny "sourcery" in particular.
have you read Small god's yet ?
this is my favourite discworld book so far I have listened to it like five times now.
I love Rincewind with his running philosophy. He knows how to deal with the fact that he's Lady Luck's pawn, he just never acknowledges it, since she'd probably abandon him if he ever does acknowledge it. I haven't read Small Gods, but I believe I've read the synopsis. At some point I'd have to finish all my Discworld novels (& novels in general).

'Haven’t you noticed that by running away you end up in more trouble?'
"Yes, but you see, you can run away from that, too," said Rincewind. "That’s the beauty of the system. Dead is only for once, but running away is forever."
'Ah, but it is said that a coward dies a thousand deaths, while a hero dies only one.'
"Yes, but it’s the important one."

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 12:54pm On May 09, 2016
SIRcumalot:

costume was alright the guy playing black panther was even better.
I really don't want too say too much but you'll see for yourself soon enough.
mind blown.
Yeah, yeah, we've heard how great the film was over a million times. Next?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 12:56pm On May 09, 2016
moneyallowed:

General Zod>>>>>>All MCU's villains.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 1:02pm On May 09, 2016
Marvel's minions kissing each other's asses
13 films and only 35 pages of chatting
Come to the D.C thread and grove with the real fan boys
2 films and over 60 pages
It shows the interest you all have in our properties
[/b]Trolling 101[b]

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 1:03pm On May 09, 2016
[/b]Trolling 101[b] grin cool tongue

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:48pm On May 09, 2016
Raalsalghul:
[/b]Trolling 101[b] grin cool tongue

Hehe when over 30 pages were about marvel or about how BvS sucked or "sack snyder"?

I think I'll pass cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 2:42pm On May 09, 2016
Am jealous of the MCU. Wish the DCEU would have m0re success. Could officially bec0me a marvel fan...but
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:47pm On May 09, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Yeah, yeah, we've heard how great the film was over a million times. Next?
I no play favourites
when una drop a new movie I go shows as I was there for BvS.

@all
is it true that scarlet witch and quicksilver got their powers from Loki staff ?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I no play favourites
when una drop a new movie I go shows as I was there for BvS.

@all
is it true that scarlet witch and quicksilver got their powers from Loki staff ?

Yea it's clearly explained in Age of Ultron. They even mentioned it again in Civil War. In the comics they got their powers cos they were mutants/X-men. Since they don't have the movie rights to X-men they used the Infinity stone in Loki's sceptre to explain their powers, the same stone that's in Vision's forehead. You remember what happened in Civil War between Vision and *****, makes more sense now eh

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:39pm On May 09, 2016
Minemrys:
Am jealous of the MCU. Wish the DCEU would have m0re success. Could officially bec0me a marvel fan...but

DCEU is just starting, success will come in time. Besides who said you can't be a fan of both Marvel and DC?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 7:59pm On May 09, 2016
moneyallowed:

DCEU is just starting, success will come in time. Besides who said you can't be a fan of both Marvel and DC?
0ne thing i love about marvel is that, they got their own studio with great creative c0ntr0l with disney only funding but DC? Their only creative c0ntrol they have is in animati0n. When it c0mes to m0vies, WB wants to put hands. They just d0n't care but the m0ney but dc'll get there s0on.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2016
Minemrys:

0ne thing i love about marvel is that, they got their own studio with great creative c0ntr0l with disney only funding but DC? Their only creative c0ntrol they have is in animati0n. When it c0mes to m0vies, WB wants to put hands. They just d0n't care but the m0ney but dc'll get there s0on.
True that, though DC tends to give their directors more creative freedom than Marvel. It can backfire like it did with Snyder but when it works, it is beautiful - see Nolan's Batman trilogy. Let's see how Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad perform

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.