Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662971 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 4:44am On May 10, 2016
moneyallowed:

No it's pretty accurate actually. I don't want to post spoilers but it has nothing to do with the UN building in Abuja. Watch it and you'll understand. The markets are just close to the site of the bombing, and they routinely pronounce Lagos that way, like a Portuguese port city instead of an African one. Frustrating I know but even Call of Duty had the same issue. I don't think anybody is answering for this anytime soon
No, what am saying is that a building like the UN headquarters is very secured and strategic placed. Not in a market place. thats just annoying.
Then they atrated focusing on the market too much. maybe its the clip( cus I have not watched the film) but it seems uncalled for.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 7:30am On May 10, 2016
rapmike:

No, what am saying is that a building like the UN headquarters is very secured and strategic placed. Not in a market place. thats just annoying.
Then they atrated focusing on the market too much. maybe its the clip( cus I have not watched the film) but it seems uncalled for.
the m0re u guys talk about this film, the m0re i get excited. Can s0me0ne tell me in one word how the m0vie is? I read the plot but didn't like the way it was though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2016
rapmike:

The building is not the United Nations building, it's something else. Like I said revealing too much would constitute a spoiler. Just chill till you watch the movie. There's a pretty clear version out already if you don't want to wait for the Blu-ray
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2016
Minemrys:

the m0re u guys talk about this film, the m0re i get excited. Can s0me0ne tell me in one word how the m0vie is? I read the plot but didn't like the way it was though.

In one word Civil War is...tight. The plot, action and pace are all tight. It doesn't feel like a 2 hours + movie at all
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2016
moneyallowed:

The building is not the United Nations building, it's something else. Like I said revealing too much would constitute a spoiler. Just chill till you watch the movie. There's a pretty clear version out already if you don't want to wait for the Blu-ray

Better angry angry angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6n5TBRLJw

Avengers Infinity War Teaser by cast of Civil War
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2016
I love the article in the Economist about Civil War. Never thought I'd see the day a serious paper like this would write a piece about a fictionalised world like the MCU

The Avengers Should Agree to be placed under UN Supervision

Humans and superhumans alike function better with laws and institutions
May 10th 2016

EVEN for superpowers, the use of force has unintended consequences. Over the past two decades America
has learned this the hard way. Its military interventions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya have caused devastating collateral damage. Worse, America often finds itself fighting enemies radicalised or empowered by the blowback from its own interventions. As a result, in recent years it has tried to adopt a less "kinetic" foreign policy, focused on defending a rule-bound international order.

The Avengers, a superhero organisation, have encountered many of the same problems. But they have been
slower to learn the lessons. Last year Tony Stark, the billionaire military industrialist and inventor also
known as Iron Man, attempted to create an automated international peacekeeping system. His well-meaning efforts led to the horrifying destruction of the Sokovian capital, Novi Grad, after the device generated an artificial intelligence bent on wiping out the human race. The tragedy this spring in Lagos... SPOILERS............, was a further reminder of the dangers of allowing non-state actors with superhuman powers to enforce their own vision of international justice.

So the Sokovia Accords, under which the Avengers have agreed to accept the supervision of a UN panel, mark a major step forward. Indeed, many countries appear more eager to limit the activities of The HULK than to limit carbon emissions. Whether the accords can be ratified in America’s divided Senate remains uncertain. But the more troubling split is the one between the Avengers themselves. While Mr Stark advocates that the group sign the accords, Mr Rogers refuses.

Institutional constraints on superhero activity have been controversial ever since 1977, when America’s
Keene Act took up the question of who would watch the Watchmen. The X-Men faced severe discrimination
under the Mutant Registration Act, and the Incredibles long chafed under the oversight of the National Supers Agency. Last year Batman and Superman came to blows over similar issues of accountability.

Superheroes, like most elites, are instinctively hostile to regulation, and Mr Rogers’ leeriness is exacerbated
by his deep-rooted cultural nationalism. It is hardly surprising that a superhero named Captain America would be allergic to what George Washington called "foreign entanglements". Moreover, Mr Rogers has a point when he argues that the UN is a politicised body that may bicker over granting permission to intervene until it is too late. Rivalry between UN members has paralysed the international community during bloody crises from Bosnia to Syria.

The question, however, is whether superheroes or superpowers do better without such constraints. In fact,
they do worse. As America learned in Iraq, and as Mr Stark learned in Sokovia, people without procedural oversight are apt to be led disastrously astray by their own biases. Mr Rogers’ mistrust of institutions, like that of the leaders who launched the Iraq war, is linked to a hubristic faith in his own moral righteousness: he believes that the world is divided into good guys and bad guys, and that he knows who is who.

In real life, nothing is so simple. No one ever has perfect information, different people may have legitimate but
conflicting claims to justice, and no one’s motives are entirely transparent, even to themselves. It is because of the imperfection of humans (and superhumans) that we need laws and institutions. As Captain America should know, this recognition lies at the heart of his country’s political philosophy: to paraphrase Madison, “If superheroes were angels, no government would be necessary.” The Avengers are no angels. They should accept the Sokovia Accords.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 11:27pm On May 10, 2016
moneyallowed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6n5TBRLJw
Avengers Infinity War Teaser by cast of Civil War
wait where's the clear versi0n of civil war?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 1:28am On May 11, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2016
Minemrys:

wait where's the clear versi0n of civil war?
Just Vista the thread Elparaiso linked. There are multiple links there with clear dvd like quality
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 7:58am On May 11, 2016
moneyallowed:

Just Vista the thread Elparaiso linked. There are multiple links there with clear dvd like quality
o boi, they quick pirate this film o. Shege! They want spoil MCU market o.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2016
Minemrys:

o boi, they quick pirate this film o. Shege! They want spoil MCU market o.

Na dem sabi. I don already watch am for cinema so I've contributed my own. Now I can download with a clean conscience
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 8:33am On May 11, 2016
moneyallowed:

Na dem sabi. I don already watch am for cinema so I've contributed my own. Now I can download with a clean conscience

lol...any links with clear copy of BvS also?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 8:42am On May 11, 2016
TonySpike:
lol...any links with clear copy of BvS also?
Download show box app for android Do not use playstore instead Google show box.apk

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 10:18am On May 11, 2016
moneyallowed:

lolx
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2016
Sam(Falcon): So you like cats?

Cap: Sam...?

Sam(Falcon):What? a dude shows up wearing a cat's costume and you don't want to know more?
grin grin grin

Cap: Mr lang

Antman: Thinks for thanking of me grin grin

BP: Captain

Cap: your highness grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2016
cap : he's my friend
iron man : I don't care he killed my mom.

computer: some weapon system are down.
Iron man : what
Ant man : u'r gonna have to take this thing to the shop.
Iron man : whose speaking
Ant man : it's your conscience we don't talk a lot these days.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 7:45pm On May 12, 2016
Shittaakeem:
cap : he's my friend

iron man : I don't care he killed my mom.

Friday: some weapon system are down.

Iron man : what

Ant man : u'r gonna have to take this thing to the shop.

Iron man : whose speaking

Ant man : it's your conscience we don't talk a lot these days.
grin grin loved antman and Tony. Also black panther.

Spidey won't just shut up grin grin Tom Holland have hyped me up for the upcoming spiderman homecoming movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 11:38pm On May 12, 2016
parrotibaba:
grin grin loved antman and Tony. Also black panther.

Spidey won't just shut up grin grin Tom Holland have hyped me up for the upcoming spiderman homecoming movie.
The guy was hilarious

Black panther is something else is accent

Hawkeye : we haven't met yet I'm klint

BP : I don't care
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2016
We saw this coming but it's still sad news
Agent Carter has been cancelled by ABC
So Peggy is officially dead in the MCU.... Bring our yer hankies
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2016
Shittaakeem:
The guy was hilarious
Black panther is something else is accent
Hawkeye : we haven't met yet I'm klint
BP : I don't care
BP was awesome bro
My best line in the movie "The living are not done with you"
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2016
Just downloaded Civil War. Can't wait to dismiss and watch it.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2016
Kaycee7:
Just downloaded Civil War. Can't wait to dismiss and watch it.

You're in for a ride
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:27pm On May 13, 2016
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-lucas-star-sci-fi-893081

Guys I think we can start getting excited about Black Panther!

So that's Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B Jordan and BP himself, Chadwick Boseman, quite the cast they're gathering. Add the Creed director, and unconfirmed rumours of Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis and we might have a hell of a movie on our hands. All they need to do now is cast Morgan Freeman as a native witch doctor

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 10:34pm On May 13, 2016
And the Revelation in CA:CW goes to Spiderman hands down! That dude does not shut up lol! And he was so excellently portrayed he took me back to my childhood and reminded me of just exactly how a true Spidey is supposed to behave, not the shitfest that was presented to us in the Amazing Spiderman by Andrew Garfield. Tom Holland is poised to completely top (if he hasn't already) the performance of Tobey McGuire in the original Spidernan movie especially parts 1 & 2. Omor mehn... I no fit shout lol

Special mentions goes out to:

Black Panther - Dude was simply royally bad asss. Dem no dey force am.

Ant Man - My nigga gave Spidey a run for his money. Totally loved him in here.

Zemo - I loved how they set him apart from the conventional villain. Brains over brawns y'all.

The most amazing thing for me in this movie is how they were still able to make us believe it was a Captain America movie despite the star studded cast.

I'm totally psyched for the next Spiderman movie, whenever they're ready.

Spiderman WILL return!

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2016
waywardpikin:
And the Revelation in CA:CW goes to Spiderman hands down! That dude does not shut up lol! And he was so excellently portrayed he took me back to my childhood and reminded me of just exactly how a true Spidey is supposed to behave, not the shitfest that was presented to us in the Amazing Spiderman by Andrew Garfield. Tom Holland is poised to completely top (if he hasn't already) the performance of Tobey McGuire in the original Spidernan movie especially parts 1 & 2. Omor mehn... I no fit shout lol

Special mentions goes out to:

Black Panther - Dude was simply royally bad asss. Dem no dey force am.

Ant Man - My nigga gave Spidey a run for his money. Totally loved him in here.

Zemo - I loved how they set him apart from the conventional villain. Brains over brawns y'all.

The most amazing thing for me in this movie is how they were still able to make us believe it was a Captain America movie despite the star studded cast.

I'm totally psyched for the next Spiderman movie, whenever they're ready.

Spiderman WILL return!

REVELATION WAS BLACK PANTHER!
Did you see his moves?
As you rightly said, he is royally bad ass.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Owobobrown(m): 10:51am On May 14, 2016
Elparaiso:

REVELATION WAS BLACK PANTHER!
Did you see his moves?
As you rightly said, he is royally bad ass.
the guy is d.ope,the way he talks, his accent and above all he's the best fighter
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Owobobrown(m): 10:53am On May 14, 2016
I give it to MARVEL they does do movies
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Rincewind(m): 10:54pm On May 14, 2016
Bow for I AM RINCEWIND

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 4:23am On May 15, 2016
Rincewind:
Bow for I AM RINCEWIND
If you are truly Rincewind, you should be running.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 11:44am On May 15, 2016
moneyallowed:
We saw this coming but it's still sad news

Agent Carter has been cancelled by ABC

So Peggy is officially dead in the MCU.... Bring our yer hankies
Finally, a failure for the MCU! I am happy. grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.