Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,180 members, 7,957,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (696154 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2017
Elders of the Universe - Grandmaster and The Collector.

Any guesses as to which other elders they might introduce? The Gardener? Astronomer? Trader?

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 11:47am On Mar 09, 2017
moneyallowed:

Any guesses as to which other elders they might introduce? The Gardener? Astronomer? Trader?
Is the Watcher an elder?
Have seen that guy in popular comic run don't know these guys.

I think this Thor movie go make sense pass the rest
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Is the Watcher an elder?

I think this Thor movie go make sense pass the rest

You're right about that. The previous Thor movies constituted some of the weakest entries in the MCU. I think part of the problem with the franchise is the fact that they haven't really established Asgard and Thor's world in general to the point where we totally buy into it.

Hopefully this movie will set things right. Especially with the Hulk in it.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Is the Watcher an elder?

No he's not, Uatu is just one out of an alien species that "watch" all the corners of the universe, Uatu is just the one in charge of earth and this solar sytem
The Elders usually appear in the comics that involve cosmic heroes like Captain Marvel, Nova, Silver Surfer, Quasar or when one of them decides to visit Earth for one thing, like when Runner came to find the fastest beings alive, or when they decide to use the heroes on earth that are busy minding their own business- usually Grandmaster, he loves using the Avengers for games, see Contest of Champions

The Elders are the oldest surviving individuals of each of the first sentient races of the universe that attained immortality through extreme obsession: they each have this hobby that they pursue to all ends for all eternity because they are immortal and if they stop then they will die, the hobby keeps them alive literally, or some say that they keep the hobby - after all the galaxy needs people that are the best at what they do doesn't it?

Some of the elders are pretty bland and boring, like Obliterator who just likes to destroy things and he's so simple to defeat, I mean if someone has spent millenia destroying things, at least he should be very good at it abi? Judicator, boring. Caregiver, boring. Gardener, boring.

Some are pretty cool though...Runner, Contemplator, Champion of the Universe, Trader, Collector, Grandmaster, all awesome. Grandmaster is like the greatest player/cheat in the universe, there's no game he doesn't play or bet on. He doesn't really care about morals, because it's all a game to him, this is the guy that cheated Death who has never forgiven him, this is the guy that can will the death of any being in existence or resurrect any being from death, this is the guy even the other Elders fear because they are never sure if he's just using them for one of his games. Grandmaster is a badass

Also it appears Ego is also an Elder, which is interesting because he's supposed to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe we'll see other elders in that movie too. I love it when Marvel goes cosmic, things get very interesting indeed

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
waywardpikin:

You're right about that. The previous Thor movies constituted some of the weakest entries in the MCU. I think part of the problem with the franchise is the fact that they haven't really established Asgard and Thor's world in general to the point where we totally buy into it.

Hopefully this movie will set things right. Especially with the Hulk in it.
Ironic that it's the one that gave us the MCU films' best villain.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
saw Logan today.
nice film,old man Logan and sick professor dropping f-bombs takes getting used too.
also very touching.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
I'm not understanding this Legion!!

The series is giving me headache sef undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Yarduni: 12:25am On Mar 10, 2017
Lana1:
I'm not understanding this Legion!!

The series is giving me headache sef undecided undecided

You are not alone. They just overdoing the art and leaving out the actual acting

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 5:23am On Mar 10, 2017
moneyallowed:

No he's not, Uatu is just one out of an alien species that "watch" all the corners of the universe, Uatu is just the one in charge of earth and this solar sytem
The Elders usually appear in the comics that involve cosmic heroes like Captain Marvel, Nova, Silver Surfer, Quasar or when one of them decides to visit Earth for one thing, like when Runner came to find the fastest beings alive, or when they decide to use the heroes on earth that are busy minding their own business- usually Grandmaster, he loves using the Avengers for games, see Contest of Champions

The Elders are the oldest surviving individuals of each of the first sentient races of the universe that attained immortality through extreme obsession: they each have this hobby that they pursue to all ends for all eternity because they are immortal and if they stop then they will die, the hobby keeps them alive literally, or some say that they keep the hobby - after all the galaxy needs people that are the best at what they do doesn't it?

Some of the elders are pretty bland and boring, like Obliterator who just likes to destroy things and he's so simple to defeat, I mean if someone has spent millenia destroying things, at least he should be very good at it abi? Judicator, boring. Caregiver, boring. Gardener, boring.

Some are pretty cool though...Runner, Contemplator, Champion of the Universe, Trader, Collector, Grandmaster, all awesome. Grandmaster is like the greatest player/cheat in the universe, there's no game he doesn't play or bet on. He doesn't really care about morals, because it's all a game to him, this is the guy that cheated Death who has never forgiven him, this is the guy that can will the death of any being in existence or resurrect any being from death, this is the guy even the other Elders fear because they are never sure if he's just using them for one of his games. Grandmaster is a badass

Also it appears Ego is also an Elder, which is interesting because he's supposed to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe we'll see other elders in that movie too. I love it when Marvel goes cosmic, things get very interesting indeed

NERD
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
NERD
We are all nerds here man
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:18am On Mar 11, 2017
moneyallowed:

the runner

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:57am On Mar 11, 2017
quake

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2017
moneyallowed:

We are all nerds here man
CHIEF NERD grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2017
Kaycee7:
CHIEF NERD grin grin

Lol you're not serious, when you're the chairman nerd association, nairaland branch
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2017
moneyallowed:

Lol you're not serious, when you're the chairman nerd association, nairaland branch
Na over modesty dey worry you. Make I kuku return to background abeg
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Logan was so sad, I can't deal. Maybe later I'll be able to process it but right now all I have is sadness

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:29am On Mar 12, 2017
moneyallowed:
Logan was so sad, I can't deal. Maybe later I'll be able to process it but right now all I have is sadness
fitting ending.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:47am On Mar 12, 2017
SIRcumalot:
fitting ending.
Very fitting
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
moneyallowed:
Heard it was sick, will watch it soon smiley
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
1bkaye:

Heard it was sick, will watch it soon smiley

Was worth it
The movie is like the end of an era, if you started watching the X-men franchise back when it started, you can't watch this without tearing up

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kingphoenix10: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
moneyallowed:

Was worth it
The movie is like the end of an era, if you started watching the X-men franchise back when it started, you can't watch this without tearing up
Movie was so dope I watched it twice. It really is the end
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by DirewolfofStark(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
cao:

Ironic that it's the one that gave us the MCU films' best villain.

Loki's appeal is down to Tom Hiddelstone's extraordinary talent.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by DirewolfofStark(m): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fun Facts About The New Captain Marvel

1.Her name is Monica Rambeau. Her surname is a play on Rambo.

2.She is a Police Officer and member of H.A.T.E. (the Highest Anti-Terrorism Effort)

3.She comes from New Orleans.

4.She can transform herself into any form of energy

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2017
kingphoenix10:
Movie was so dope I watched it twice. It really is the end

Watched it yesterday at the filmhouse. It was dope. But I would have preferred if I'd watched it in my living room on my big as.s flat screen tv. I hate watching movies at the cinemas too. Watched Dr Strange at the cinemas and found myself extraordinarily bored. Thought the movie was shíít until I watched it again.

I KNOW for a fact that there is no way in hell that the Xmen franchise will continue with those kids at the end (especially that black fat kid cheesy). They boring as fvck.

They will find a new guy to replace Hugh Jackman, but whoever they do find has his work cut out for him. Like seriously.

Still speaking seriously cheesy, if Fox studios had handled the Xmen franchise properly, the possibilities would have been endless, and they would have barely scratched the surface! Hopefully they reboot the whole shiznit and do things properly this time.

Look how they made a mess and mockery of the Fantastic Four, the number one goldmine of Marvel Comics once upon a time. Oh well...

#dropsmic

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by tuzle(m): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
moneyallowed:

ego the living planet is not an elder if the universe
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
tuzle:
ego the living planet is not an elder if the universe

I'm of the same opinion but it's like they granted him membership or something. He obviously thinks he is though, try explaining it to him
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
See how the poor reviews killed all the Iron Fist hype lol. The whole season dropped today yet no one has said anything

Someone here should volunteer to watch it on our behalf and report his/her findings
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
moneyallowed:
See how the poor reviews killed all the Iron Fist hype lol. The whole season dropped today yet no one has said anything

Someone here should volunteer to watch it on our behalf and report his/her findings

don't worry cao will do the honours

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
Already watching it (started at 7am GMT, when it launched), I did fall asleep though during episode 6 - temperature in my room, just became very sleepy. It's definitely slow, I can see why the critics had issues. For a show about kung fu, it doesn't actually have much of it (now on episode 7).

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2017
cao:
Already watching it (started at 7am GMT, when it launched), I did fall asleep though during episode 6 - temperature in my room, just became very sleepy. It's definitely slow, I can see why the critics had issues. For a show about kung fu, it doesn't actually have much of it (now on episode 7).

You will surely be rewarded in heaven for all your sacrifices on behalf of the Marvel Universe.......and so I hereby prophesy..... your star shall burn bright in the dying light of mankind and when all hope is lost men shall look to your banner and gain hope and when your burdens become top great to bear,then shall you feel the breeze shift at your back and a voice shall call unto you, come in glory my fairest daughter and you shall turn to behold and lo! It be shall be Stan Lee that calls you and all your burdens shall vanish away and Stan the Man shall kiss your hair and whisper in your ear......

And you shall wake up and discover it was only a dream, and with a heavy sigh you shall open your laptop to try and finish the episode of Iron Fist that made you fall asleep

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2017
Menn, I struggled to finish Jessica Jones in six months; managed to watch Daredevil up to the first half of first season. I won't even bother watching Iron Fist at this rate, otherwise, it'll take me a year to finish it. It seems the style of production of these TV series needs to be re-examined. Perhaps, it is too hyper-realistic and boring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.