Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (668629 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2017
TonySpike:
Menn, I struggled to finish Jessica Jones in six months; managed to watch Daredevil up to the first half of first season. I won't even bother watching Iron Fist at this rate, otherwise, it'll take me a year to finish it. It seems the style of production of these TV series needs to be re-examined. Perhaps, it is too hyper-realistic and boring.
This! I haven't finished watching Luke Cage and I've had it since.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2017
moneyallowed:

You will surely be rewarded in heaven for all your sacrifices on behalf of the Marvel Universe.......and so I hereby prophesy..... your star shall burn bright in the dying light of mankind and when all hope is lost men shall look to your banner and gain hope and when your burdens become top great to bear,then shall you feel the breeze shift at your back and a voice shall call unto you, come in glory my fairest daughter and you shall turn to behold and lo! It be shall be Stan Lee that calls you and all your burdens shall vanish away and Stan the Man shall kiss your hair and whisper in your ear......

And you shall wake up and discover it was only a dream, and with a heavy sigh you shall open your laptop to try and finish the episode of Iron Fist that made you fall asleep
I finished it, some folks actually seemed to really like it. For me it was just okay, it's the weakest of the four. With the other 3, the first half of the series usually grips you, then it stumbles, then it picks up again. The first half of this is hella weak when compared to the others. I was expecting something like Daredevil, a mixture of kick ass and drama, well there was drama and the kick ass happened when they remembered. Chei! That trailer was sweet-o. Ward was a glorified emotional* lackey, who should have borrowed his sister's ovaries. Although, I guess I should give the actors credit, 'cause I hated Ward with a passion, liked Colleen, understood Joy, enjoyed seeing Claire & Hogarth, even Gao turning into a shrink/head manipulator. I guess it was too much of an origin series with Danny Rand in his training wheels & anger issues, those folks in K'un-Lun must have major anger issues.

As for the sleep thing, my room became colder, na so I just go under my duvet, I no even fight the thing sef and episode 6 was directed by RZA, and dude loves kung fu & I was like yes! Only to willingly accept the sleep. This was the episode where Danny accepted Gao's challenge, where he had three fights. I fell asleep before the challenge.

*guy called his sister emotional at one point, I no let it go.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by UjSizzle(f): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2017
cao:
Already watching it (started at 7am GMT, when it launched), I did fall asleep though during episode 6 - temperature in my room, just became very sleepy. It's definitely slow, I can see why the critics had issues. For a show about kung fu, it doesn't actually have much of it (now on episode 7).
You know Netflix. Always boring at the beginning of the series, and then picking at the later half.

I didnt bother with Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.
Daredevil was a struggle to watch the first season, and I gave up midway through the second.

If Iron Fist turns out bad, I'm giving up entirely on MCU's series.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by tuzle(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Fun Facts About The New Captain Marvel

1.Her name is Monica Rambeau. Her surname is a play on Rambo.

2.She is a Police Officer and member of H.A.T.E. (the Highest Anti-Terrorism Effort)

3.She comes from New Orleans.

4.She can transform herself into any form of energy

Monica Rambeau was never captain marvel she is presently called spectrum and has also used the name photon and she is black DAT is suppose to be carol Denver if they are following the comics
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by tuzle(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
moneyallowed:

I'm of the same opinion but it's like they granted him membership or something. He obviously thinks he is though, try explaining it to him
a brief description of Much like other planets, Ego formed from gas and dust.A gargantuan bacteria-like space-faring life form known as The Super-Ego came and infused Ego with its life-giving energies granting the planet the ability to talk and move.
Creation
Ego was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and first appeared in Thor #132 in 1966. He was created during a time when Kirby was very fascinated with universe. Ego, along with The Colonizers and Kree, were created right after Galactus establishing the space age mythology in Marvel at the time.
Major Story Arcs
Against Galactus
Ego's absorption of planets did not go unnoticed, the Rigellians feared their planet would get absorbed by Ego. In order to save their planet, they made a deal with Thor . If Thor prevented the Rigellians planet from absorption, then the Rigellians would leave Earth alone. After an epic battle, Thor won and Ego promised that he would never leave the Black Galaxy. Later, Galactus found his way into Ego's space and wanted to eat Ego. Thor came to Ego's aid and the two stopped Galactus. Ego was now in Thor's debt so he allowed a group called the
Wanderers live on him. A Rigellian took a sample of Ego, so he could use it to fertilize sterile worlds being considered for habitation. This drove Ego insane and caused him to start absorbing the Wanderers. Thor, with the aid of Galactus, Galactus' herald Firelord , and Hercules, stopped Ego by attaching an engine to Ego's south pole. This engine made Ego fly through space uncontrollably, rendering Ego harmless to other planets. Ego was able to overpower the device and have it under his control, but at a price. He used tremendous energies to control it, more than he could generate. He began having to feed on other lifeforms' energy much like Galactus. He tries to imprison the Silver Surfer and make him remove it but the Surfer escaped, telling him he has gotten what he deserves. Ego pleads with him to please remove it and that he cannot stand foreign materials on him. The Surfer refus ,
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2017
Downloading iron fist
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Gbengadaniel12: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
Iron fist is cool,
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
Men with power obey neither law nor principle. No one is neutral. [lets quote some marvel movies guys] C.A "Bucky?" W. S "who the hell is bucky?"
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 7:06am On Mar 20, 2017
Minemrys:
Men with power obey neither law nor principle. No one is neutral.
[lets quote some marvel movies guys]
C.A "Bucky?"
W. S "who the hell is bucky?"
James Buchanan Barnes, best friend to Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
still have to check the pilot of iron fist out. the trailer looked so good.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
Five episodes into iron fist and I can I say its far far far very far far beta than luke cage and jj ( my opinion tho)....... for those saying it does jot have kung fu.... haba fear God na.... critics were just too harsh on d show or they had higher expectations. ...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
After reading the reviews on imbd I've decided to download iron fist Bleep Critics in minemrys voice.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
Shittaakeem:
After reading the reviews on imbd I've decided to download iron fist Bleep Critics in minemrys voice.
lols. Haven't seen it though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 21, 2017
Jessica Jones was good,Luke cage was garbage imo ,daredevil was bad ass ,loved both season 1 & 2 ,I haven't seen iron fist yet.hey how come nobody talk about agent carter,was actually feeling it before the basterds decided to scrap it.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by therealrajgupta: 2:39am On Mar 21, 2017
Check out Mucahit, he's like Marvel meets Sesame Street: EDGE-OF-YOUR-SEAT-ENTERTAINMENT permeated with positive Islamic teaching and themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzL_0gxYZtQ

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:43am On Mar 21, 2017
grin

After 19 weekends at the box office, DOCTOR STRANGE has officially finished it's theatrical run with $232 million domestically (128th highest all-time; 9th highest MCU movie) and more than $677 million worldwide (94th highest all-time; 7th highest MCU movie)! http:///ml4vtqa

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:48am On Mar 21, 2017

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 will have a running time of right around 2 hours and 16 minutes, according to director James Gunn! http:///kutv7yp

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:53am On Mar 21, 2017

Anthony Mackie says that a Marvel TV/movie crossover just "wouldn't work at all", citing that Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in "the film world."

Do you like Mackie's comments? Or would you like to see these two worlds collide in some way?

Sound off in the comments below!

http://screenrant.com/marvel-tv-movies-crossover-anthony-mackie/

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 2:56am On Mar 21, 2017
THE DEFENDERS has wrapped filming.
http:///2nGCn0p
grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:00am On Mar 21, 2017
The cast of THE DEFENDERS!
grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:06am On Mar 21, 2017

Possible first look at Michael B. Jordan's Erik Killmonger hairstyle! Nathan Edmondson, a Marvel Comics writer, visited the set of BLACK PANTHER.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:10am On Mar 21, 2017
justscorchone:
Jessica Jones was good,Luke cage was garbage imo ,daredevil was bad ass ,loved both season 1 & 2 ,I haven't seen iron fist yet.hey how come nobody talk about agent carter,was actually feeling it before the basterds decided to scrap it.
You better use Google to search this thread, Peggy na the OG Agent of SHIELD.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:12am On Mar 21, 2017
MJBOLT:
THE DEFENDERS has wrapped filming.
http:///2nGCn0p
grin
They better not eff up. I'm still vexed with Iron Fist. Everytime I'm the Dragon comes up, I want to just slap somebori for the missed opportunity of BAMF-ness.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
grin
iron fist has been good so far watching episode 4

cao:

They better not eff up. I'm still vexed with Iron Fist. Everytime I'm the Dragon comes up, I want to just slap somebori for the missed opportunity of BAMF-ness.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
grin
It would take 6 days, 15 hours, and 41 minutes to watch everything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
New BLACK PANTHER set photos from South Korea show the hero suited up and on top of a sports-car in an apparent action scene!
grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2017

Finn Jones says it will take a couple seasons before Danny Rand wears his classic Iron Fist costume. http:///2mpAOHr

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2017

“We have over a trillion polygons on Ego’s planet. It’s the biggest visual effect of all time. There’s nothing even close to it. Which is cool.”
- James Gunn on bringing Ego's powers to life in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2017

Filming for AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is expected to continue tonight, with stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlet Johansson, and Robert Downey, Jr. rumored to show up to film their scenes. http:///kc3zyxp
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.