Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! (2822 Views)

List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals / Was GEJ Scammed By The Southwesterners? / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:59am On Mar 16, 2015
Hundreds of Arewa leaders who received Kano State
Governor, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, in Lagos on Sunday,
said they rejected hundreds of thousands of dollars
which was offered to them by President Goodluck
Jonathan when the President visited the state two
weeks ago.
The leaders, who were drawn from the 20 Local
Government Areas and 37 Local Council
Development Areas of the state, distanced
themselves from the endorsement given to Jonathan
by a group.
Speaking during a meeting at the Ikoyi home of a
former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Tinubu, the
Chairman, Arewa Community in Lagos, Alhaji Sani
Kabiru, said those that endorsed Jonathan were
impostors.
He said on the day of the endorsement, some
people bought turbans at Agege and went to visit
Jonathan at the State House, Marina, posing as emirs
only to deceive the President.
He said, “When President Jonathan came to Lagos
with dollars, some of us here quickly went back and
gathered ourselves and started calling our own not to
go to visit Jonathan. I also commend some leaders
here for leading an offensive and convinced people
not to go there.
“Most of the Arewa leaders and ‘serikis’ did not even
go there to collect the dollars. At that event, card-
carrying members of the Peoples Democratic Party
bought turbans at the Central Market around
Moshalashi Bus Stop, Agege. The person that sold the
turbans told me that they dressed up as emirs and
they were on their way to Jonathan’s place.
“So, most of them were fake. They went to collect
dollars but cannot tell anyone because they are in
hiding. But we did not stop at that; those that we
knew that went, we called them to order and asked
them why they went but they said they only collected
dollars but they would not vote Jonathan.”
Kabiru said virtually all Arewa members had
collected their Permanent Voter Cards. He promised
to ensure one million votes for the All Progressives
Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari (retd.); and the state’s
governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.
While fielding questions from journalists, Kwankwaso
berated Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, for
what he termed, “inciting comments.”
He said Fayose’s comments against the North were a
reflection of Jonathan’s temperament. He, however,
urged the people to express their choice at the polls
on March 28.
He said, “When I did my National Youth Service Corps
in Ogun State, I imbibed the belief that this part of
the country has people that are positively cultured
ranging from Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Shonekan,
MKO Abiola, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Olusegun Obasanjo and others.

www.punchng.com/politics/we-rejected-jonathans-dollars-says-arewa-community/

Topic & joke aside, me thinks some igbo boiz don go dress up as "Allah akubar" faithfuls take style collect free dols 4rm d cheerful giver!

Heeheehee grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by kodded(m): 1:08am On Mar 16, 2015
and you expect me to believe any news from punch ? undecided ?

For crying out loud those guys just made those statement to gain attention

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by WisdomFlakes: 1:09am On Mar 16, 2015

"..but they said they only collected

Jonathan is just getting maga'd left and right. Where is he getting all the money he is sharing and using to bribe people? ?

Notice that he is only sharing dollars, after his administration has bastardized d naira finish.

GEJ, your own done finish. You must leave that seat. Ole!

18 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by MayorofLagos(m): 1:16am On Mar 16, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
Hundreds of Arewa leaders who received Kano State
Governor, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, in Lagos on Sunday,
said they rejected hundreds of thousands of dollars
which was offered to them by President Goodluck
Jonathan when the President visited the state two
weeks ago.
The leaders, who were drawn from the 20 Local
Government Areas and 37 Local Council
Development Areas of the state, distanced
themselves from the endorsement given to Jonathan
by a group.
Speaking during a meeting at the Ikoyi home of a
former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Tinubu, the
Chairman, Arewa Community in Lagos, Alhaji Sani
Kabiru, said those that endorsed Jonathan were
impostors.
He said, “When President Jonathan came to Lagos
with dollars, some of us here quickly went back and
gathered ourselves and started calling our own not to
go to visit Jonathan. I also commend some leaders
here for leading an offensive and convinced people
not to go there.
“Most of the Arewa leaders and ‘serikis’ did not even
go there to collect the dollars. At that event, card-
carrying members of the Peoples Democratic Party
bought turbans at the Central Market around
Moshalashi Bus Stop, Agege. The person that sold the
turbans told me that they dressed up as emirs and
While fielding questions from journalists, Kwankwaso
berated Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, for
what he termed, “inciting comments.”
He said Fayose’s comments against the North were a
reflection of Jonathan’s temperament. He, however,
urged the people to express their choice at the polls
on March 28.
He said, “When I did my National Youth Service Corps
in Ogun State, I imbibed the belief that this part of
the country has people that are positively cultured
ranging from Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Shonekan,
MKO Abiola, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Olusegun Obasanjo and others.

www.punchng.com/politics/we-rejected-jonathans-dollars-says-arewa-community/

Topic & joke aside, me thinks some igbo boiz don go dress up as "Allah akubar" faithfuls take style collect free dols 4rm d cheerful giver!

Heeheehee grin

asslam alekum! my guy, Allah dey everywhere nau, park well abeg. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by WisdomFlakes: 1:21am On Mar 16, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Hey! I recognize that guy. Isn't he Mallam Shehu Orji Uzor Kalu? You almost got me suckered. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jonathan see your life?

This is the same way he paid billions of naira to a particular book haram mediator six months ago.

Jonathan is the easiest ATM to rob in the entire Nigeria. You need no pin number to rob the ATM called Jonathan.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:25am On Mar 16, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Nor be small thing oo! grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by buharisambisada: 1:45am On Mar 16, 2015
APC and foolish propaganda its synonymous with you guys you eat,breath and live in lies and you want to rule nigeria Tufiaka.spit on you.GEJ would thrash baba buhari daura and sAmbisa is sacrosanct.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by aresa: 1:49am On Mar 16, 2015
they dressed up as emirs and

lmao....popr Jona... grin

11 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 16, 2015
Umunem assalam maleku to all of you...this is the time to stock up your shops, after all na awa money....

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by reborn1: 2:39am On Mar 16, 2015
Jona na real mugun. cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by walexGodson(m): 3:23am On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ the clueless man since 1400bc

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by davdjayj: 3:28am On Mar 16, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Jonathan is just getting maga'd left and right. Where is he getting all the money he is sharing and using to bribe people? ?

Notice that he is only sharing dollars, after his administration has bastardized d naira finish.

GEJ, your own done finish. You must leave that seat. Ole!
G

You should consider changing your username .If you totally believe this report.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by ManMountain(m): 3:39am On Mar 16, 2015
These are non indigenes of Lagos, but are no shouting about not being given PVC. Only our noise making friends love playing victim to everything.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 16, 2015
Watch Video Below
[url=tgagagags..com][/url]
[url=tgagagags..com]WATCH vIDEO hERE[/url]
Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by raumdeuter: 4:51am On Mar 16, 2015
Everyone is just taking advantage of our clueless president

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by imsuboi(m): 6:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Lies undecided

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by DaBullIT(m): 6:10am On Mar 16, 2015
[size=14pt]The whole world confirms that GEJ is on Bribe Rampage , some meeh aka goats are still coming here to say its a lie

If you have the opportunity chop the money , infact , Rob JonATM© but bear it in mind , If that man is reelected you will pay through your nose

And if Buhari is elected as well, Nigeria is too broke to handle its finances, GEJ has chopped Nigerian Treasury finish
[/size]

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by anonimi: 6:42am On Mar 16, 2015
raumdeuter:
Everyone is just taking advantage of our clueless president

The real clueless person na people like you who believe such LIES that any one can tell to achieve a set objective.

Why would you be so gullible yourself

We know those spreading dollars anyhow to secure their chance to be a perpetual presidential candidate for a fourth time.

scribble:

Dollarization Of The APC Primaries: How Amaehi Vanquished Atiku #saibuhari

The blogosphere was inundated with reports of the excessive sharing of dollars at the All Progressives Congress which took place during the latter part of last week.

One APC supporter and Special Adviser to Osun Governor on Environment, BolaIlori had blown the scandal open after he saw the beginning stages of the dollarization in action.

He took to his Facebook page and scribbled, “Crazy things are happening here!!! Some of these cannot represent the change Nigeria is yearning for. Excessive dollarization by one of the aspirants to is to say the least obscene. I have been involved in political process for decades now, I have never witnessed this volume of raw dollarization of party primaries. I only read about this kind of things in PDP primaries. A question been asked by conscientious delegates is that whoever can be giving out between $2000 to $5000 to…delegates certainly does not represent the kind of change Nigerians want…those who contributed to the pauperization of Nigeria now revel in dollarization… majority of Ondo delegates are still standing with Buhari but have been reduced from 85% to 70% within 24 hours…the remaining has gone with dollars ooo.!!!!!”

One has to wonder how Buhari was able to win the primaries in this era of stomach infrastructure where dollars are like the Biblical manna that God sent down from heaven to nourish the Israelites as they made their way to the promised land.

Sources close to the APC with knowledge of the way the Primaries unfolded have revealed that it was Rivers State Governor, Amaechi who flew back to Rivers State and returned to Lagos on Thursday morning with enough dollars to make Benjamin Franklin blush.

It has been revealed that Atiku offered the delegates $5000 each, but Amaechi doubled it to $10000 a pop. Thus turning the tables in favour of General Buhari.

Since his adventure into the APC, Amaechi has gone out of his way to prove himself a party loyalist, always the first to shoki or azonto at the many events the APC holds, which he himself is usually the chief sponsor.

According to party insiders, Amaechi has overtaken Tinubu as the major financier of the party. One does not need to wonder why he is always at President Jonathan’s throat over misappropriated oil wells or other such business. Anything that diminishes from the State’s coffers will have a ripple effect on his funding budget for the APC.

Joe Francis wrote in from Port Harcourt.

http://www.theheraldng.com/dollarization-apc-primaries-amaehi-vanquished-atiku-saibuhari/

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by anonimi: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
And if Buhari is elected as well, Nigeria is too broke to handle its finances, GEJ has chopped Nigerian Treasury finish

Stop displaying MISPLACED aggression.
Talk to our 36 state governors if you are concerned about depleted treasury, okay

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

The real clueless person na people like you who believe such LIES that any one can tell to achieve a set objective.

Why would you be so gullible yourself

We know those spreading dollars anyhow to secure their chance to be a perpetual presidential candidate for a fourth time.

Aah!
A die-hard saTAN in my thread.
Ol'boy keep defendin cluelessness, tis well cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by omenka(m): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2015
OMG!! Such a big big shame.

The only thing that breaks my heart over all these is that he isn't using his money but drawing directly from the treasury to do this. I wish it was his money so he can leave the rest of his life a broke-ass after Nigerians send him back to his village in a few days time.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by egift(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2015
If JonATM dispense cash to you, collect but don't forget to Vote for Change. Things Must Be Better for good. Sai Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by DaBullIT(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

Stop displaying MISPLACED aggression.
Talk to our 36 state governors if you are concerned about depleted treasury, okay

Thank you for enlightening me

Unfortunately you did not understand me

First the news you quotes was from 2013, 2 years ago Nigerian government makes money everyday

Lastly, my reference to Buhari being unable to secure the country is a direct reaction to GEJ's mass sharing of dollars and mismanagement of funds from Nigerian treasury

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by RockMaxi: 7:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Don't blame those that went to collect but blame the person that offered them the dollar. After all it was a dollar rain....grin grin
I wonder how they will feel after reading this headline that they've be scammed..smiley

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 16, 2015
Even when he claimed to meet Muslim clerics, he met scammers.

After realising the scam, they called on the 'real' Muslim leaders and those ones rejected him.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by anonimi: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2015
DaBullIT:

Lastly, my reference to Buhari being unable to secure the country is a direct reaction to GEJ's mass sharing of dollars and mismanagement of funds from Nigerian treasury

Do you have evidence beyond hearsay of your allegation?

No!!!
Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by DaBullIT(m): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:

Do you have evidence beyond hearsay of your allegation?

No!!!

You didn't have to quote me , Especially because you are turning blind eyes to the truth, the world news, almost every other news station is reporting that GEJ is sharing Nigeria's Treasury to buy votes from Obas and imams , How will Buhari rebuild the nation if Nigeria has no money left in her treasury

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by Pataki: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2015
No wonder they call him President Retardeeen.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Scammed Off Hard Solid DOLLARS, Yet Again! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2015
I doubt we still have anything in our treasury.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apology Accepted - Ohaneze Accepts Oba Akiolu's Retraction Of Hate Speach. / Ndigbo Forum Lists Demands For Buhari-vanguard / Churches And Their Disturbance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.