Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure (1484 Views)

'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics) / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan / Wada Begins Building Of N4.6bn Bridge 7days To End Of Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by comrodioodio20: 5:28am On Mar 16, 2015
By FIDELIS EGUGBO

WHEN the idea of finishing strong came up, many Deltans had the confidence that naturally, having piloted the affairs of Delta State for more than seven years, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan would be celebrated as he is leaving office.
Celebrating Dr. Uduaghan, the Governor of Delta State, however, is a new development in Nigeria where political office holders are celebrated while still in office. Nigeria is a country where those who are holding political offices are most times, condemned for actions they failed to take rather than praised for their achievements when they are still in office while their achievements are celebrated after their exit from government.
There is an addition to the finishing strong mantra, landing well! This simply means one can finish strong without finishing well. Those in sports and sports lovers would be more abreast with the need to finish well.
That Governor Uduaghan is finishing strong and landing well is no longer in doubt. For the past few weeks, he has embarked on the commissioning of projects in different parts of the state. Against the expectations of many people, drums were rolled out few days ago for the commissioning of sixty four roads at a stretch in the state capital, Asaba.
Governor Uduaghan’s administration encountered challenges no other governor had faced in Nigeria which obviously, must have slowed down the tempo of what he had for the people. From 2007 when he emerged, uncertainty trailed his government as some Deltans who believed they could occupy the governorship seat through the court of law rather than through the ballot box battled him through different stages of legal actions. We cannot forget in haste that Governor Uduaghan at a stage was sacked by the court and had to face a re-run election but today, we are celebrating democracy, we are celebrating infrastructure development, we are celebrating Dr. Emnanuel Eweta Uduaghan as the Governor of Delta State.
With the commissioning of projects, has he lost steam? The answer is of course, no. Despite the fact that he will leave office on May 29, Governor Uduaghan has increased the pace in on-going projects with an assurance that such projects like, the DLA road, the flyover projects in Asaba and Effurun would be completed and commissioned before he leaves office. It is worthy to note that more projects have also, been awarded and there is confidence that such projects especially, the Asaba/Okpanam road project and the ultra-modern hospital, Asaba, will be completed for the benefits of humanity.
Yes! As Nigerians, the jubilation that the commissioning of the roads, physical infrastructure is attracting, is a strong pointer to the fact that we celebrate what we see more than anything else. But, for sure, where can one commission peaceful co-existence or the brotherly love that the Dr. Uduaghan’s administration has entrenched among Deltans? Where can one commission the numerous Deltans that Governor Uduaghan’s administration has moved from a state of joblessness to become employers of labour through different empowerment programmes? Where can one commission so many lives that have been saved through the free maternal and child care programme? Among numerous intangible programmes that have uplifted the standard of living of the people.
One great asset of Governor Uduaghan is that he has a listening ear, and he believes strongly too, in a peaceful and united Delta State. This is electioneering period and Delta is still calm, there is no burning of billboards or removal of opponents’ posters. There is freedom for the candidates, no threat of any kind and the people are assessing them and carrying out debates on who will best represent them. That is democracy in action which Dr. Uduaghan made possible through his actions and strong warning that no position is worth a human life.
By His grace, winners and losers in the elections will emerge between now and next month and Delta State will remain peaceful awaiting May 29 that Governor Uduaghan will hand over to his successor.
With the current situation of things in Delta State, Dr. Uduaghan can be described as one lucky Nigerian who is being celebrated while still in office and of course, history will be fair to him as an office holder who finished strong and landed well.

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 16, 2015
He should better start preparing his load for prison like his brother ibori
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Henrypraise: 5:44am On Mar 16, 2015
comrodioodio20:
By FIDELIS EGUGBO

WHEN the idea of finishing strong came up, many Deltans had the confidence that naturally, having piloted the affairs of Delta State for more than seven years, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan would be celebrated as he is leaving office.
Celebrating Dr. Uduaghan, the Governor of Delta State, however, is a new development in Nigeria where political office holders are celebrated while still in office. Nigeria is a country where those who are holding political offices are most times, condemned for actions they failed to take rather than praised for their achievements when they are still in office while their achievements are celebrated after their exit from government.
There is an addition to the finishing strong mantra, landing well! This simply means one can finish strong without finishing well. Those in sports and sports lovers would be more abreast with the need to finish well.
That Governor Uduaghan is finishing strong and landing well is no longer in doubt. For the past few weeks, he has embarked on the commissioning of projects in different parts of the state. Against the expectations of many people, drums were rolled out few days ago for the commissioning of sixty four roads at a stretch in the state capital, Asaba.
Governor Uduaghan’s administration encountered challenges no other governor had faced in Nigeria which obviously, must have slowed down the tempo of what he had for the people. From 2007 when he emerged, uncertainty trailed his government as some Deltans who believed they could occupy the governorship seat through the court of law rather than through the ballot box battled him through different stages of legal actions. We cannot forget in haste that Governor Uduaghan at a stage was sacked by the court and had to face a re-run election but today, we are celebrating democracy, we are celebrating infrastructure development, we are celebrating Dr. Emnanuel Eweta Uduaghan as the Governor of Delta State.
With the commissioning of projects, has he lost steam? The answer is of course, no. Despite the fact that he will leave office on May 29, Governor Uduaghan has increased the pace in on-going projects with an assurance that such projects like, the DLA road, the flyover projects in Asaba and Effurun would be completed and commissioned before he leaves office. It is worthy to note that more projects have also, been awarded and there is confidence that such projects especially, the Asaba/Okpanam road project and the ultra-modern hospital, Asaba, will be completed for the benefits of humanity.
Yes! As Nigerians, the jubilation that the commissioning of the roads, physical infrastructure is attracting, is a strong pointer to the fact that we celebrate what we see more than anything else. But, for sure, where can one commission peaceful co-existence or the brotherly love that the Dr. Uduaghan’s administration has entrenched among Deltans? Where can one commission the numerous Deltans that Governor Uduaghan’s administration has moved from a state of joblessness to become employers of labour through different empowerment programmes? Where can one commission so many lives that have been saved through the free maternal and child care programme? Among numerous intangible programmes that have uplifted the standard of living of the people.
One great asset of Governor Uduaghan is that he has a listening ear, and he believes strongly too, in a peaceful and united Delta State. This is electioneering period and Delta is still calm, there is no burning of billboards or removal of opponents’ posters. There is freedom for the candidates, no threat of any kind and the people are assessing them and carrying out debates on who will best represent them. That is democracy in action which Dr. Uduaghan made possible through his actions and strong warning that no position is worth a human life.
By His grace, winners and losers in the elections will emerge between now and next month and Delta State will remain peaceful awaiting May 29 that Governor Uduaghan will hand over to his successor.
With the current situation of things in Delta State, Dr. Uduaghan can be described as one lucky Nigerian who is being celebrated while still in office and of course, history will be fair to him as an office holder who finished strong and landed well.

Sorry m qoutin everytin cos all u wrote av no meaning. Governors like Uduaghan ar d reasons PDP is termed a bad party. For 8yrs, Uduaghan achieved only an uncompleted flyova, uncompleted shoprite mall n uncompleted amusment park @ oleri in warri, let's put into consideration d money @ his disposal, or shud I snap d b4 uduaghan n during uduaghan pix of effurun sapele road? Or jakpa road or airport road?.

Left for me, I will vote GMB so d politics of delta will change n Uduaghan can be brought to book n justice for stealing n diverting project to his wife n brother in law, amaju.

Tell me how much was budgeted n signed 4 d renovation of d warri stadium n how much was spent, den tell me how much akpabio used in buildin his own stadium.

Plssss don't com here n write non sense like we don't live in warri/ delta. If its delta, we want change.

6 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by valmunich(m): 5:58am On Mar 16, 2015
This stvpid money squandering fagg got that has sworn to never do anything for the igbo in Asaba undecided

3 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by oagbanashiymai: 6:00am On Mar 16, 2015
To God alone be all the glory
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by evanscheck(m): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2015
I did nt even read wat u posted cos I knew it wud be filled with trash and hypertrash....let me interprete uduaghan agenda since he entered office.. drove away companies from warri making sure that the men are at home , destroyed market women stalls and shop/epileptic payment of teachers salaries.then he gave free maternity for population explosion.that is all I can make out from all he did

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by otokx(m): 7:46am On Mar 16, 2015
valmunich:
This stvpid money squandering gay got that has sworn to never do anything for the igbo in Asaba undecided

All the road in Asaba should be tarred now; 64 roads is not a small deed.
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 8:13am On Mar 16, 2015
OP is a terrible liar.God will judge you for gleefully deceiving the public with this your treasonable fabricated write up.This your write up should fetch you some jail time in saner climes. I stayed in Asaba for MONTHS some time ago and the place , has the WORST roads for any state capital in Nigeria. Which 64 roads? Last week, when I was in town, the roads were flooded after barely 5 minutes of a slight shower. No single drainage is working in Asaba, 70% of the roads are untarred and 90% of the entire streets are always flooded after every rainfall. Infact most residents now build embankments to prevent d stagnant water from flowing into their compounds. Other residents resort to buying trailer loads of sand to fill the potholes and gullies everywhere in their streets. I don't know how Uduaghan has fared in other sectors, but in terms of infrastructure, he scores RESOUNDING F9. NOTHING TO SHOW. The guy is on a par with T.A Orji of Abia in this regard. I took a few shots of DLA road when I was in Asaba 2 weeks ago( which the mischievious OP claimed was reconstructed). SEE FOR YOURSELF. **FYI: This is how 80% of the roads are in Asaba after every rainfall, and its been this way since the last FIVE YEARS

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 8:14am On Mar 16, 2015
otokx:

Which 64 road. Na thunder go fire this OP for these dumbfounding lies
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by buskie13(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2015
I'm a deltan...and uduaghan is a failure... all that are stated by de op are mere fallacies...he's the worst serving governor in the Niger area...
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2015
otokx:

Don't be deceived by the epistle of a paid pen-pusher. After May 29, EFCC is waiting
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2015
PICS of Asaba-Okpanam road by Swiss Spirit Hotel( a hotel owned by Delta State Secretary to the govt). The OP also claimed the 64 roads were commissioned in Asaba. The LIES ARE UNFORGIVABLE. See for yourself. @ pic 2 and 3. A jeep fell into the gully which had eaten half of the road, opposite Swiss Spirit hotel. This gully has been there unattended to since 2012 btw. OP NA THUNDER GO FIRE YOU.

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by valmunich(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2015
otokx:

Is good roads the only infrastructure Deltans need? undecided

64 BTW ¿

Trust me, that number was forged!

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by sebali: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2015
Henrypraise:

Sorry m qoutin everytin cos all u wrote av no meaning. Governors like Uduaghan ar d reasons PDP is termed a bad party. For 8yrs, Uduaghan achieved only an uncompleted flyova, uncompleted shoprite mall n uncompleted amusment park @ oleri in warri, let's put into consideration d money @ his disposal, or shud I snap d b4 uduaghan n during uduaghan pix of effurun sapele road? Or jakpa road or airport road?.

Left for me, I will vote GMB so d politics of delta will change n Uduaghan can be brought to book n justice for stealing n diverting project to his wife n brother in law, amaju.

Tell me how much was budgeted n signed 4 d renovation of d warri stadium n how much was spent, den tell me how much akpabio used in buildin his own stadium.

Plssss don't com here n write non sense like we don't live in warri/ delta. If its delta, we want change.

God bless u 4 being truthful.
Uduaghan No try @ all.
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by sebali: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2015
valmunich:
This stvpid money squandering fagg got that has sworn to never do anything for the igbo in Asaba undecided

My broda not only in Asaba....he did nothing in d whole Delta, save for d buses he bought(delta state inter/intra city buses)
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by valmunich(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2015
sebali:

My broda not only in Asaba....he did nothing in d whole Delta, save for d buses he bought(delta state inter/intra city buses)
Thought as much

1 Like

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by komek(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2015
It will not be well for the OP, Emmanuel and Roli Uduaghan in Delta. For 8 solid years, This short and womanising Governor did nothing in Delta state. His only achievement is removing the bump that he had on his empty. No road construction, no feasible projects. All he kept singing was "Delta beyond Oil" without any platform for such project.
on a woking day, from Okpanam to Regina Mundi will take u 3hrs in that small Asaba. That white Elephant project he embarked upon at inter Bau round about is supposed to be at Ogbe ogonogo. Uduaghan and his team are idio..ts. Atimes u ask ur self if this our leaders read at all.

If I have my way, Uduaghan shud be in jail from May 30th 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by sebali: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2015
komek:
It will not be well for the OP, Emmanuel and Roli Uduaghan in Delta. For 8 solid years, This short and womanising Governor did nothing in Delta state. His only achievement is removing the bump that he had on his empty. No road construction, no feasible projects. All he kept singing was "Delta beyond Oil" without any platform for such project.
on a woking day, from Okpanam to Regina Mundi will take u 3hrs in that small Asaba. That white Elephant project he embarked upon at inter Bau round about is supposed to be at Ogbe ogonogo. Uduaghan and his team are idio..ts. Atimes u ask ur self if this our leaders read at all.

Shell moved out of delta and no alternative means of employment was created.
Uduaghan na nyash
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by sebali: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2015
komek:

Shell moved out of delta and no alternative means of employment was created.
Uduaghan na F-Up
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by komek(m): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2015
Henrypraise:

Another person is reporting from another part of the state.

The same Ibori left the state is the same way Uduaghan left with almost a better Revenue than Ibori.
He capitalised in embarking on a project and doing it half way. Ughelli- Asaba road has been same way since it was commissioned 4yrs ago. The stadium in Asaba has been same way, now hoodlums have started building shanties around the stadium. All he could do was to give one silly excuse for not refurbishing the stadium. The Asaba international airport is half way completed. At a time he claimed he need 84billion naira to pull down a hill abi na mountain in other to expand the run ways, as if they did not take a feasibility study before siting the airport at that location. Now how much is needed to build an airport? Uduaghan fear God na.
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Henrypraise: 11:55am On Mar 16, 2015
komek:

Another person is reporting from another part of the state.
The same Ibori left the state is the same way Uduaghan left with almost a better Revenue than Ibori.
He capitalised in embarking on a project and doing it half way. Ughelli- Asaba road has been same way since it was commissioned 4yrs ago. The stadium in Asaba has been same way, now hoodlums have started building shanties around the stadium. All he could do was to give one silly excuse for not refurbishing the stadium. The Asaba international airport is half way completed. At a time he claimed he need 84billion naira to pull down a hill abi na mountain in other to expand the run ways, as if they did not take a feasibility study before siting the airport at that location. Now how much is needed to build an airport? Uduaghan fear God na.
sebali:

God bless u 4 being truthful.
Uduaghan No try @ all.

sumtyms wen i read/ watch the sycophantic praises on uduaghan, i shed tears on my fellow deltans, i tink its high tym we get our fons n tablets ready to start exposing the rot n corruption pdp/ uduaghan has perpetrated in delta state.

in as much as i like n wud vote for GEJ, wen eva i tink of delta state, i wish in my heart that GMB wins cos delta state is a scam. wat even pains me most is the way shell left warri, amaechi whom we ridiculed n laughed at did not let shell leave ph, but pdp uduaghan was tellin the whole world that he has place delta strategically for indigenous contractors and kept talkin abt the delta business park (abi na trade zone) nearly opposite dbs at dbs express way, i hope to snap n upload a pix of the place tomoro, dat place is a mess, n anoda scam.

if Uduaghan was gud let him tell us wat the pple responded wen he shouted PDP!!!!! PDP!!!!!!! PDP!!!!!!! at the warri city stadium.

UDUAGHAN: PDP!!!!!!!!

WAFFARIANS: WHO U HELP

UDUAGHAN: PDP!!!!!!!!

WAFFARIANS: WHO UNA HELP

2 Likes

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
valmunich:

Is good roads the only infrastructure Deltans need? undecided

64 BTW ¿

Trust me, that number was forged!
He even failed WOEFUlLY in infrastructure. See okpanam axis of Nnebisi road

Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Henrypraise:

Bros, you are an honest person. God bless you for calling a spade a spade. But believe you me, Warri is like New York when compared to Asaba. Asaba and Delta North as a whole suffered TOTAL NEGLECT from Uduaghan. Asaba suffer for Uduaghan hand, no be small.
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by ayokellany: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
The op must have thought no one live in delta on nairaland lmao
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by Etruth: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lalasticlala, obinoscopy,Ngwakwe, seun....frontpage pls
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by drajjay: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
Uduaghan is failure personified.
Re: Uduaghan Waxing Stronger Few Months To End Of Tenure by otokx(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chai Uduaghan; see what your people are saying. Its only in Delta we hear of DLW abi direct wetin. Why not get a good company like Julius Berger, Setraco, RCC etc to work?

(1) (Reply)

Bode George Loses Polling Unit To APC / Why Jk Is Not Ok: My Case Against Jimi Agbaje / Buhari Arrested 4000 Politicians And Jailed Over 600:Why Surprise Over Probe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.