Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2620 Views)

So Many Baby Daddies These Days....i Can't Marry/date A Baby Daddy / Guys, Can You Marry/date A Hairy Lady? / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Gcapable(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2015
Gcapable:
I know nairalanders would have different opinion on this;

Have your say, ladies can you date someone much older than you, guys can you date someone you are much older than, does the age really matter, does it depends on individual differences? Please support your opinion with reason(s)

*sighs*

This age old questions. It's personal differences. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to love and all that jazz.

It is the same rule that applies: chemistry, compatibility, comfort etc. It is whatever you make of it.

Most of society frown upon (with legitimate reasons) too great an age difference.

The question should really be, what is the 'acceptable' age difference. And, basically; the answer is still as I have aforementioned.

Though after or at certain age difference, it becomes a bit of a perversion. It's hard to say where the line should be drawn.

But, for all intents and purposes, it is 'to each its own'.
Re: . by sinaj(f): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2015
fooked *in Buhari's voice*
Re: . by PunkyOh(f): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2015
Like the other poster already stated, it depends on a myriad of other things than the age difference itself.

Personally, I'd have to find him attractive both mentally & physically. I'm not 21 any more so a guy that's significantly older, WILL look old. Period. I'm not into shrunken & wrinkled skin just yet, so he'd have to look damn good for his age for me to even consider anything more than a platonic friendship.

I'm already married though & we have a 5-year age difference, so I guess it doesn't qualify as an eyebrow raiser such as in your OP. Ah well.

1 Like

Re: . by Gcapable(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: . by PunkyOh(f): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gcapable:
Am just of the opinion that there level of reasoning will be different. Even though age doesn't matter, 10yrs plus is way to big a difference.

Not necessarily, some people mature early, while some never quite grow up. Again, it depends on the two people involved.
Re: . by sinizia: 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
This case is not worthy of opening a thread for.

Most if not all Ladies are naturally hypergamous in nature, so they tend to marry or date older men than them because of varying reasons like finance, maturity, or the fact that such men have experienced life and tend to be more caring and understandable than their age mates. Or because such men are ready to settle down etc.

Most men on the other hand (using Nigeria as a case study) goes for younger ladies or ladies that's their age bracket (and sometimes above their age bracket) for marriage or dating. Due to the fact that a typical Nigerian guy becomes financially stable at much older age (factoring the bad economy and lack of jobs), usually makes them older than their respective wives. Most Nigerian men marry in their 30's.
Re: . by Gcapable(m): 1:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: . by ronald4lif(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Makes sense, obviously if you marry someone the same age you are more likely to share a common frame of reference; the music, movies, norms you grew up with are likely to be the same. Of course it's not a fail safe, but still makes sense.

However, it's not also about the age, it's about compatibility that similar age creates. If you marry 20 years your junior, and you share a sufficient set of worldview, interests, and life goals, age is irrelevant until you become physically unappealing to, or unable to keep up with, your now still 'hot' spouse.

1 Like

Re: . by zinachidi(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
depends on various reasons, girls may date guys well older than them, cos of maybe financial reasons or maturity.While some insecure men go for much younger ones cos they want people they can control. my baby is older than me with almost 2 years, and we have no problem with that.

1 Like

Re: . by ronald4lif(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
Xiadnat:

*sighs*

This age old questions. It's personal differences. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to love and all that jazz.

It is the same rule that applies: chemistry, compatibility, comfort etc. It is whatever you make of it.

Most of society frown upon (with legitimate reasons) too great an age difference.

The question should really be, what is the 'acceptable' age difference. And, basically; the answer is still as I have aforementioned.

Though after or at certain age difference, it becomes a bit of a perversion. It's hard to say where the line should be drawn.

It is almost certain that a few years of age difference will be there. It is coincidence when a future partner is of the same age as us. Are we now all supposed to find mates from our childhood schoolclasses? wink
Re: . by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

It is almost certain that a few years of age difference will be there. It is coincidence when a future partner is of the same age as us. Are we now all supposed to find mates from our childhood schoolclasses? wink

I know right.

Beats me. *shrugs*

BTW: how young are you? grin
Re: . by ronald4lif(m): 3:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
Xiadnat:

I know right.

Beats me. *shrugs*

BTW: how young are you? grin

Just a bit older than half a century. I am that young right? wink
Re: . by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Just a bit older than half a century. I am that young right? wink

adonbilivit. You age in reverse. U b Benjamin Button... tongue

Curious-er and curious-er Heheheh
Re: . by ronald4lif(m): 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Xiadnat:

adonbilivit. You age in reverse. U b Benjamin Button... tongue

Curious-er and curious-er Heheheh

Hehe, I saw that coming, I get that dumbfound feeling each time I tell. But that's me being serious.

Hmmm perhaps when you become Cate Blanchett, I'll gladly take on the Benjamin character.
cheesy
Re: . by Maamin(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
I think Compatibility is one essential aspect here...it does not really matter how great the age difference between the couples involved.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hehe, I saw that coming, I get that dumbfound feeling each time I tell. But that's me being serious.

Hmmm perhaps when you become Cate Blanchett, I'll gladly take on the Benjamin character.
cheesy

Oh? Hon, IF you come close to Brad Pitt, I MAY assume the role of daisy.
Re: . by ronald4lif(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Xiadnat:

Oh? Hon, IF you come close to Brad Pitt, I MAY assume the role of daisy.

Hmmm, with you being Daisy means I'll breath my last at 84, now that's too early for me. wink
Re: . by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 17, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hmmm, with you being Daisy means I'll breath my last at 84, now that's too early for me. wink

OK. You can flip the script. It's your show, you call it. smiley
Re: . by Badgers14: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2015
sinaj:
fooked *in Buhari's voice*

What a nice plot of land you got there sweeri wink
Re: . by kpelesmary(m): 7:12am On Mar 17, 2015
Xiadnat:

*sighs*

For me,
I am 9years older dan my Faince an we are happi together and understand Each Order.
So I guess it all depends on the two people involves
Re: . by sinaj(f): 8:18am On Mar 17, 2015
Badgers14:

What a nice plot of land you got there sweeri wink
I hpe u aint winking at d land o!
Re: . by Badgers14: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2015
sinaj:
I hpe u aint winking at d land o!

kiss
Re: . by Mhizizzy(f): 10:09am On Mar 17, 2015
Of cos

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Or Can You Send Your Boyfriend Airtime? / Mathematical Expression To Prove dat A Pretty Girl Is Impossible To Have One Man / Isn't This An Insult To My Dicknity??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.