Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council (26141 Views)

Igbinedion Gifts Tiger To Oba Of Benin, Ewuare & It Roars At People (Video,Pics) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Rilwayne001: 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
eleko1:
He's not part/one of those hungry/useless King we have in dis Obodo Naija He nor endorsed the CLUELESS one oooo

okay good

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
onoja12:
ignorance at is peak,but yet jesus attended jewish functions,slave mentality

grazie!!!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
onoja12:
just imagine how ignorant you are,thinking the white man's way of life is better for you,my brother you are in mental slavery

nothing like white man's way here. Burying a man with human head is kul with you right?
*Modified* I spit on ur tradition
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by oweman: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Is this to mean the obs has woken up again after rumours has ut he has pased away some months past ? NOW the hyena is indisposed .
Reat in peace omo no ba
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by quixotic: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
englishmart:
I don't know him
google
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by onoja12: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
making and ak 47 and using it is cool by you right,slavery is a state of mind.you are in slavery sorry to inform you

Bonapart:
nothing like white man's way here. Burying a man with human head is kul with you right?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by onoja12: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
i suspect so

hensben:
Either the guy na troll Or him never leave this country once..
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by jude33084(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
topcube:
I tire oh! Oba is dead, say it; Oba is dead, which 1 is he his indispose? I'm a yoruba & I reside in Benin, I've read it here on nairaland about a month ago that Oba is dead & I asked my Benin friend, he denied hearing something like that & warned me of sharing it with my family & friends. Meanwhile, the land (more than 100 acres) @ Edaiken in Uselu that has being kept as momument is now being open up, cleared & fenced round, indicating another authority(may be 1 of the prince) is giving the directives/instruction. That alone is a clear indication that Oba of Benin as joined his ancenstors. So, WTF!

You have a point there bro.

We the Edos knows the tradition and how it is observed.

The earth have tasted its sweet part. wink

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Atigba: 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Oba has join his ancestors
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by gtcoolboy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=ZACHIE post=]Oba is kpeme.
simple, u dey craze o
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by layinkakeem(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
phayvoursky:

APC THUG
Lmao what are you ??

PDP boko haram grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by kodlins(f): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Arysexy:
Time for head hunting. Obas death is never announced till after two weeks of death

Oba has joined the ancestors and it came with a very heavy rainfall after several weeks of no rain and terrible heat in Benin.

Night crawlers beware.

Aruosa cathedral where oba worships is witnessing many benin chiefs trouping in and out.

lipsrsealed
Never knew the Oba goes to church oh
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
DuchessLily:
Grammar! 'Indisposed', 'ill in the Savannah bush'

RIP to the indisposed

What brainless morbidity this is! It is true that beauty is vain. Callow gutter comment from a lady! Shame!
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by shevon: 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
DuchessLily:

RIP to the indisposed
cheesy You no serious o. RIP to the indisposed? That's a first ℓσℓ...
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by jude33084(m): 6:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
Bonapart:

Have they used any of your relative's head before? angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
jude33084:

Have they used any of your relative's head before? angry
they coming for urs.... mumu

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by DuchessLily(f): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
CounsellorWise:

What brainless morbidity this is! It is true that beauty is vain. Callow gutter comment from a lady! Shame!

Uuuhhh undecided undecided undecided what really is ur rant abt

Shame on u a trillion times for not understanding my post
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Arysexy(m): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
kodlins:
lipsrsealed
Never knew the Oba goes to church oh

Lol
Na native church, where oba is adored

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by DuchessLily(f): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
shevon:

cheesy You no serious o. RIP to the indisposed? That's a first ℓσℓ...

lol.... Yes oo. There is a 1st time for any event

Since d guy is dead and they said he is indisposed
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by DuchessLily(f): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Bonapart:
this one sweet me

Abi oo my bro cheesy

Dem give us 'grammar' , so let's make use of it. There is always a first time hahaha
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by englishmart(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
quixotic:
google
did I ask you?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
Apostle Johnson suleiman's prophecy. Hehehe. Time 2 start staying indoors.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by zexzy(f): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
mmsen:
Is there a reason why traditional rulers still have a place in Nigerian society?

Does anyone heed their counsel?

Do they have any influence?
Yes there is, because unlike you some people still value their cultural heritage
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by mmsen: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
zexzy:

Yes there is, because unlike you some people still value their cultural heritage

Do they have any practical purpose?
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Saint256: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
DuchessLily:

RIP to the indisposed

Hey man, d king is not dead, okay?
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by ransomed: 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
studio14:
No more burying any man with human head!!!!!!!!!!!
:--Tradition demands that seven heads must roll to accompany the Oba to meet his ancestors.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
ITbomb:
Apostle Suliman o
yea...he really said it, that he sees tears in oba palace.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Mariojane(f): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Mariojane(f): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
mmsen:
Is there a reason why traditional rulers still have a place in Nigerian society?

Does anyone heed their counsel?

Do they have any influence?
u will b surprise at how strong tradition is in some places in Nigeria. Benin has a big hall for traditional worship. Bigger than some churches u will neva guess it is for traditional worshipers until u see their poster. Tradition remain strong in benin as eva.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by zexzy(f): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
mmsen:

Do they have any practical purpose?

more than you will ever know, but just to give u a hint go back to the post and check again to see the different events dat have been suspended because he is indisposed.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Osezzua(m): 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Guys lets be careful with our utterances about other people's culture
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by mmsen: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
zexzy:

more than you will ever know, but just to give u a hint go back to the post and check again to see the different events dat have been suspended because he is indisposed.

It sounds as though he runs a parallel government - why is he 'settling disputes'? Are there no courts in Benin?

Monarchy has no place in a meritocracy or a fledgling democracy.

Two systems in one country is a recipe for chaos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo Dances With His Oloris On His 51st Coronation Anniversary (video) / Chanel Chin: Oluwo Of Iwo's Wife Beautiful In Adorable Photos / Pope Resolves Rift Between Igbinedion And Oba Erediauwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.