Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo (23807 Views)

Court Sacks Sheriff As PDP Chairman / Another Loss: PDP Chairman, Other Executives Decamp To APC / PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by mikeade86: 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Leave them alone, the Lizard that enters the crab's niche with speed, the same speed and wound will it come out.
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
robay:

dat mean u can also die 4 jonaTAN grin
Are you people planning another post election killing?? Thought Buhari said he's a converted democrat now..what has my comment got to do with dying??..

GEJ said and I quote "neither my political ambition or that of any Nigerian is worth the blood of innocent citizens"...

So take this message to whoever that has intentions of sending you to kill if he loses which you know is sacrosanct...he is qualified loser... He has done it for four seasons unchallenged.. 2003,2007,2011 and 2015
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
stronger:
I am hardly impressed with politicians cross-carpeting. . but this emphasises the fact that the PDP is soooo badlllyyy fractured compared to 2011.

This news emphasises the fact that GMB will give a good showing in EDO, RIVERS and IMO in the SS/SE! Compared to 2011 when it was a total sweep for PDP!!

Argue with your brake pad! grin grin

Did I get you say IMO ?. BeTter know the difference btw an APC state and an APC governor
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by stronger: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
nzeobi:

Did I get you say IMO ?. BeTter know the difference btw an APC state and an APC governor

Take note, I said a GOOD SHOWING compared to 2011. of course GEJ will win Rivers and Imo no doubt. But if you think their governors (who are immensely popular) won't sway a lot of non-partisan voters, not to mention party faithfuls who will benefit from an APC presidency, then you don't fully understand politics.

And all I can say is let's wait for March 28!
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
stronger:

Take note, I said a GOOD SHOWING compared to 2011. of course GEJ will win Rivers and Imo no doubt. But if you think their governors (who are immensely popular) won't sway a lot of non-partisan voters, not to mention party faithfuls who will benefit from an APC presidency, then you don't fully understand politics.

If GEJ gets less than 95 percent then know am wrong
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by harry509: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
Realdeals:
The Chairman and eleven members of the executive council of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Monday, decamped to the All Progressives Congress in Ukpato Ward, Orhiomwon Local Government Area of Edo State.
Receiving the PDP decampees at the Government House, the State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole said the exit of the executives has further reduced decimated the PDP in the state.
He said: “your journey is coming at a very strategic period. When the PDP postponed the elections, they wanted to buy time but as they buy time, they are losing people and as they lose people and they are losing more votes.
“I believe that God has a purpose for touching everybody’s heart who have joined the movement for change because people like you who live in the rural areas know much more than anyone else the pains of poverty, the pains of the failure of the Nigeria State.
He said, “When we buy you a transformer, there is no light. When light comes, the fees the community is asked to pay is more than the entire income of the community. Other than what the state government is doing in Orhionmwon, there is no federal presence in the community.
“The Federal Government has spent 52% of our earnings on your behalf over the past 16 years and you cannot show one thing they have done. We haven’t fixed all the problems but we have shown that it is possible to begin to address the problems. This is why in Orhionmwon we are building schools besides the long road that we are doing from Ugoneki to Urhonigbe, also we have done roads in Igbanke and all the adjoining communities. We are currently working on the road in Abudu and several others.
“We have also done several red roof schools in several communities, an industrial borehole at Iguododo that will supply water to all the environs just to say but a few. We haven’t fixed all the problems but every day we are doing something new, connecting the people through networks of roads from one community to another, supplying transformers even though they may not enjoy it because the federal government has not delivered power and that is why we say unless we fix the head, you will not enjoy the full benefit of it.”
Governor Oshiomhole however assured the defectors of equal privileges in the party adding that they will not regret their actions and decision to join forces with the All Progressives Congress.
Earlier, the leader of the defectors and Chairman, Ukpato Ward, Mr. Vincent Awekhor on behalf of other members of the executive applauded the leadership style of the Comrade Governor and his people oriented projects in all the nooks and crannies of the state.
Mr. Awekhor said, “We have watched political activities not only in the state but the federal and have concluded that Nigerians need a change and the change is coming from only one party which is the APC and because we do not want to be left behind, we have decided today to join the moving train that will bring the desired change to Nigeria.
Other members of the executive who decamped yesterday are Isaac Osa, Secretary; Osamwonui Osifo, Assistant Secretary; Adudu Idemudia, Organising Secretary; Kenneth Idemudia Assistant Organising Secretary; Omorodion J, Youth Leader; Efosa Ehigiamusoe, Treaurer; Jimoh Ibizugbe, ex-officio; Osaro Assistant Treasurer; Geoffrey Erabor, ex-officio; Mr. John Asenanya and Mr. Uzoima Nwachukwu

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/pdp-chairman-executives-decamp-to-apc-in-edo/
yu Rr all welkum frm darkness party call PDP 2 a light party call APC. Sai-buhari 4 president loadn....
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
stronger:

If GEJ gets less than 90 percent then know am wrong. You are ruling out sentiments.
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by clevadani: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:
[size=15pt]PDP Chairman in Edo state is Chief Dan Osi Orbih, this is just a ward chairman.[/size]

Oshiomhole spending our money to buy votes like there's no tomorrow. As an Edo man I can categorically state without equivocation that Buhari would be lucky to get 5% votes in Edo state.
Baba, u are a very big joker and simply deluding urself. u know how edo state have rejected pdp and now an apc state. dere is no way PSP will win an LG in this election
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by stronger: 10:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
nzeobi:

If GEJ gets less than 90 percent then know am wrong. You are ruling out sentiments.

Actually, I am NOT ruling out sentiments. It's BECAUSE of ethnic sentiments that GEJ will win the SE. He hasn't performed there and he admitted it and his candidature hurts the Ibo Presidency. I can explain this if you want. But in spite of this, he will win the SE.

But not with the margin you think. Let me explain;

In 2011, Jonathan recorded 1,381,357 votes in Imo state. But the total number of voters for the gubernatorial election in Imo was 750,964

This magic is going to be neutralised by the card readers. Along with many in the SS/SE who are not interested (Voter apathy is high there. . fact), the margin won't be what you think!

People are on ground doing analyses bro. Wait and see smiley
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
Beesluv:
hmmmmm.
I'm sure Nollywood producers are somewhere observing and thinking of titles relating to election to give their new movies

Can Nlanders help with titles for incoming movies?
THE CROSSOVER grin grin
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by robay(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Equalizer:

Are you people planning another post election killing?? Thought Buhari said he's a converted democrat now..what has my comment got to do with dying??..

GEJ said and I quote "neither my political ambition or that of any Nigerian is worth the blood of innocent citizens"...

So take this message to whoever that has intentions of sending you to kill if he loses which you know is sacrosanct...he is qualified loser... He has done it for four seasons unchallenged.. 2003,2007,2011 and 2015
owk,GOOD reply,if na other person,dem go insult person grin,THANKS broz.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Acecube(m): 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:
[size=15pt]PDP Chairman in Edo state is Chief Dan Osi Orbih, this is just a ward chairman.[/size]

Oshiomhole spending our money to buy votes like there's no tomorrow. As an Edo man I can categorically state without equivocation that Buhari would be lucky to get 5% votes in Edo state.
it's either you have not been to Edo or you underestimate Oshiomhole, you think this is 2011 when Oshiomhole campaigned for Jonathan abi ? Get ready for a SHOCKER. 5% Ko Buhari is winning Edo
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

As in I had to read the article three times. One ward chairman defect and Oshiomole de jump up. This is funny...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Acecube:
it's either you have not been to Edo or you underestimate Oshiomhole, you think this is 2011 when Oshiomhole campaigned for Jonathan abi ? Get ready for a SHOCKER. 5% Ko Buhari is winning Edo
Which Oshiomole campaigned for GEJ in 2011?
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Ohibenemma(m): 12:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Oshiomhole campaigned for who in 2011? He never did, please; stop spinning that yarn!
What happened was a SUDDEN directive to all ward leaders(like the defector in question) on the day of the elections to switch support.
A friend of mine's dad, who was a ward leader returned from the meeting where the directive was issued, seriously complaining: 'I will never vote for anyone who's not in my party,' the man said, going past us. I doubt if he eventually voted at all.
So, how we come about the tale that anyone in the APC/ACN campaigned for Jonathan in 2011 is baffling...
May the best candidate win. Personally, I don't think he's an Ex-Dictator.
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by maestroferddi: 12:23am On Mar 17, 2015
APC, masters of propaganda and falsehood.

When I saw the heading on TV, I was apprehensive thinking that the state chairman, Dan Orbih who has been making Oshiomhole's life miserable has defected.

Alas what Oshiomhole and APC are trying to use to console themselves over the total rejection of APC by the Heir Apparent and two princes of the Benin Kingdom is the purported defection of a local council chairman.

LoL
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by donphilopus: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2015
KwoiZabo:
1 ward chairman out of over 400 wards in the state. APC are jokers

Stop lying. Edo State has 193 Wards, not 400. Keep encouraging yourself wrongly!
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by OXLANDOWN: 3:12am On Mar 17, 2015
Ward chairman or state chairman?
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 5:15am On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

Actually, I am NOT ruling out sentiments. It's BECAUSE of ethnic sentiments that GEJ will win the SE. He hasn't performed there and he admitted it and his candidature hurts the Ibo Presidency. I can explain this if you want. But in spite of this, he will win the SE.

But not with the margin you think. Let me explain;

In 2011, Jonathan recorded 1,381,357 votes in Imo state. But the total number of voters for the gubernatorial election in Imo was 750,964

This magic is going to be neutralised by the card readers. Along with many in the SS/SE who are not interested (Voter apathy is high there. . fact), the margin won't be what you think!

People are on ground doing analyses bro. Wait and see smiley

What chaNged btw 2011 and 2015 in the east that will cause the apathy, you are not from the zone, I wonder how you can analyses on their behalf
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Acecube(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
Which Oshiomole campaigned for GEJ in 2011?
I'm not ready for your argument... campaign goes beyond being at same venue with a candidate (which would have been unethical given the fact he was from a different party) and canvassing for votes... in Edo it was a common knowledge that GEJ was his choice and we also accepted him as our choice at federal level, the rest seat campaigns was strictly for ACN candidates, mind you everyone thought he was the messiah and his spate with turai and ''I had no shoes" campaign and his being from the south gave him sympathy votes as well as sentimental votes. but he FAILED WOEFULLY

the fact is that EDO IS FOR GMB this time around. we are seeing him as the messiah for this corruption infested nation.
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2015
Alot of are changing their minds back to supporting Jona
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by stronger: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2015
nzeobi:

What chaNged btw 2011 and 2015 in the east that will cause the apathy, you are not from the zone, I wonder how you can analyses on their behalf

Ah! Good question!

What changed? Performance. . or lack of it thereof!

In 2011, people of the SE/SS (like many people from other regions) were hopeful that "OUR SON" Ebele/Azikiwe will perform!! They were wrong. The major eastern project that he promised to deliver by now (The 2nd Niger bridge) is still on paper. No other fantastic developmental projects.
In the SS, it is even more evident. GEJ HIMSELF admitted that he had neglected the SS and he will do better if elected. He said it with his own mouth o. FACT: The Niger-Delta problems (Environmental pollution, empowerment etc) have not been significantly dealt with differently under OUR SON!! This is why there is voter apathy!

You ask how I can know there is voter apathy if I am not from there. Lol! The same way I know about all regions in Nigeria! We have people feeling the pulse everywhere. I don't have to go round Nigeria to know. People do random interviews, polls etc. We collect all sorts of data and do in-depth analyses. Most people just have their PVCs because they tell them, if you don't have it, you can't do this and that. But we'll see how many will actually come out to vote!

Cheers
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by physayrian: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2015
jona come and share the money .I go still vote change .those Yoruba obas re disgracing honestly even though I'm a Yoruba boy the drunkard is indirectly returning your money you dey reign prayers chai.
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

Ah! Good question!

What changed? Performance. . or lack of it thereof!

In 2011, people of the SE/SS (like many people from other regions) were hopeful that "OUR SON" Ebele/Azikiwe will perform!! They were wrong. The major eastern project that he promised to deliver by now (The 2nd Niger bridge) is still on paper. No other fantastic developmental projects.
In the SS, it is even more evident. GEJ HIMSELF admitted that he had neglected the SS and he will do better if elected. He said it with his own mouth o. FACT: The Niger-Delta problems (Environmental pollution, empowerment etc) have not been significantly dealt with differently under OUR SON!! This is why there is voter apathy!

You ask how I can know there is voter apathy if I am not from there. Lol! The same way I know about all regions in Nigeria! We have people feeling the pulse everywhere. I don't have to go round Nigeria to know. People do random interviews, polls etc. We collect all sorts of data and do in-depth analyses. Most people just have their PVCs because they tell them, if you don't have it, you can't do this and that. But we'll see how many will actually come out to vote!

Cheers
Boy PDP even wants voter apathy cos it will give them chance to rig. Especially in boko haram areas where people are displaced and soldiers are fully on ground.GEJ has performed but for you to see the impact your governor will also play his part
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by stronger: 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
nzeobi:

Boy PDP even wants voter apathy cos it will give them chance to rig. Especially in boko haram areas where people are displaced and soldiers are fully on ground.GEJ has performed but for you to see the impact your governor will also play his part

Correct! PDP wants voter apathy in the North. Which is why some of us are curious about the leaflets that were flying around allegedly from Boko Haram in Gombe asking people to stay indoors during the elections! Boko Haram NEVER warns people about their attacks! they love blood. So it was curious!

I also did not claim that there is voter apathy in the north. There isn't! people are itching to vote change!!

I just said there is voter apathy in the SS/SE!! Trust me PDP doesn't want voter apathy in those areas! That's their stronghold!

I don't agree with people that say GEJ has don NOTHING! But can you tell me a few of his major achievements in the SS/SE. Just a few MAJOR ones? Waiting. . thanks
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by nzeobi(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

Correct! PDP wants voter apathy in the North. Which is why some of us are curious about the leaflets that were flying around allegedly from Boko Haram in Gombe asking people to stay indoors during the elections! Boko Haram NEVER warns people about their attacks! they love blood. So it was curious!

I also did not claim that there is voter apathy in the north. There isn't! people are itching to vote change!!

I just said there is voter apathy in the SS/SE!! Trust me PDP doesn't want voter apathy in those areas! That's their stronghold!

I don't agree with people that say GEJ has don NOTHING! But can you tell me a few of his major achievements in the SS/SE. Just a few MAJOR ones? Waiting. . thanks
Thank you and remain blessed. Apathy in SS/SE favours GEJ cos PDP will then easily rig the election. You talk of projects, you talk onitsha enugu road. Enugu portharcourt road, second niger bridge, enugu international airport, federal university in ebonyi, coal powered power plant, port harcourt umuahia makurdi rail line and building of rice processing plants in abakaliki and omor in anambra state
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by haffaze777(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
viczing:
It's bad thing

Pdp is no more on ground they're shaking

seconded
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by viczing(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
haffaze777:

Keep changing my comment

Jobless mofo

seconded
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by viczing(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
haffaze777:

seconded

Keep changing my comment

Jobless mofo
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by Beesluv: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
THE CROSSOVER grin grin

Lol, nice 1
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by haffaze777(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2015
viczing:

Keep changing my brain

correct guy

gringrin
Re: PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
Beesluv:

Lol, nice 1
abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forget Your University Certificates, Go Back To Farm – Aregbesola / Igbo Traditional Leaders, Town Groups, Age Grades Show Support For Nnamdi Kanu / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.