Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,792 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). (3784 Views)

Let It Be Known That The Niger Delta Is Funding Oil Exploration In The North. / Should Buhari Negotiate With Boko Haram?- Opinion! / What Do U Think GEJ & Pdp Might Be Thinking Now ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Mogidi: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
suwailad:

Its a pity you are far below my standards

When the world trade center was hit, immediately word got to
George Bush, he cut his visit to preschool short and immediately went to a security meeting
So i see why gej does not even cut it to one/eight of a President of for example, USA
it is only a president of the monkey jungle that will do what gej did on the nyanya bomb blast and not lets not forget, chibok

But its a reason to it like you just stated

[size=15pt]
Just like Mogidi who agreed GEj was using boko haram,[/size] you do agree but you just dont know even half of it.

Please can you point me to where I said the above.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Does it surprise you the ragtag army of Cameroon and Chad came to destroy boko haram? The soldiers from Cameroon and Chad came with the sole purpose of defeating boko haram. They succeeded where the mighty Nigerian Army (3rd behind Egypt and South Africa) failed. Even our civilian counter insurgency did more in protecting their towns than the Nigerian army.
Am waiting for you to explain why our arms mysteriously ends up on the side of boko haram. Whilst at it, please explain why boko haram always know the time of attack by the Nigerian army.

We are finally landing on the same page.
I will not go very far, but you do know well soldiers were ambushed
due to betrayals from the top echelon, which eventually led to that mutiny
so in that way the arms were going to bh
But why would the Superiors betray them? if not they received orders from the highest office?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Please can you point me to where I said the above.

??

Mogidi:
@ suwailad
Are you Hausas so stupid you'd allow someone from a minority state to decimate your land?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Mr. Man you're funny, you're comparing 9/11 to Nyanya. undecided
Besides, that was the first time there was a terror attack on US soil, so you can't compare the two scenarios.

mrs woman, you need to get educated
there was the oklahoma bombing before the 9/11 attack.
No need to derail here, what i know is that you have learnt something new today

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Mogidi: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
suwailad:

We are finally landing on the same page.
I will not go very far, but you do know well soldiers were ambushed
due to betrayals from the top echelon, which eventually led to that mutiny
so in that way the arms were going to bh
[size=18pt]But why would the Superiors betray them?[/size] if not they received orders from the highest office?

You answered your own question. They were told by top echelon in this case I assume you mean GEJ. And they stupidly followed orders so the NE can be decimated, haba yan riyan, you sabi lie.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
suwailad:

mrs woman, you need to get educated
there was the oklahoma bombing before the 9/11 attack.
No need to derail here, what i know is that you have learnt something new today
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe....Not only Oklahoma, It's Okene! grin

Was it a terrorist attack?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by eph12(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
This line of argument don't hold much water. Neither PDP nor APC is responsible for this insurgency. I bet you if GEJ had found a way to destroy BH since he would have done that considering the fact that the actions of these insurgents singlehandedly brought GEJ popularity both internationally and locally to an all time low. You may say he's clueless but he's not stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by aycorporat(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:
@ suwailad
Are you Hausas so stupid you'd allow someone from a minority state to decimate your land? You've bought the hype by those who intended keeping you on a leech to continue their feudal reign. Try one of GEJ's Almajiri schools, you deserve better than this.
correct guy! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by mrborntodoit: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Op must be High on rat gum grin
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 6:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe....Not only Oklahoma, It's Okene! grin

Was it a terrorist attack?

Yes it was, but carried out by an american veteran i think.
you need to get more education

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
"Jonathan’s government is behind Boko Haram – Northern Governors tell Obama" - By Political Editor on March 27, 2014

During a meeting between twelve Northern Governors, and key officials of President Obama’s cabinet, several governors belonging to the platform of the All Progressives Congress told U.S officials that the Jonathan administration was suspected by them to be aiding the insurgents causing terror in the North.

The startling accusation is said to have caused Prof Ade Adefuye, the Nigerian ambassador to the United States to come to the defense of the GEJ administration but not before the damage had already been done.

Guardian reports:

WITH top U.S. government officials, including President Barack Obama’s National Security Adviser, Ms. Susan Rice, who was presiding, the issue of Boko Haram, 2015 elections and corruption among the Nigerian political elite became a hot debate at the White House earlier last week.

A meeting of 12 Northern State governors (and a deputy governor) and the US government on Tuesday in Washington DC took a dramatic turn when some of the governors, especially Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, initiated a frontal attack on President Goodluck Jonathan, forcing the Nigeria’s Ambassador to the U.S., Ade Adefuye, who was also in attendance, to join the fray, objecting to some of the comments against the President and the Federal Government.

Although Nyako was said to be the most vocal, he was not alone in raising critical views about the president and his policies, as the Borno and Kano State Governors also knocked hard on the Jonathan presidency.

The meeting was organised by the US government, through the US Institute of Peace, with a view to exploring how the Americans can work together with state governments in the North to address the Boko Haram insurgency and the underlying problem of socio-economic under-development in the region.

Present at the meeting in the Washington DC were governors Nyako (Adamawa), Isa Yuguda (Bauchi), Kashim Shetima (Borno), Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina) and Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara).

Others are Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Aliyu Wammako (Sokoto), Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Idris Wada (Kogi), Usman Dakingari (Kebbi) and Prof. Ade Adefuye.

In attendance on the US side (in addition to Rice) were: Ambassador Johnnie Carson, Adviser (United States Institute of Peace), Mr. Grant Harris, Special Adviser to President Obama on Africa, Mr. John Mohr – Senior Staff Member – National Security Council and Assistant Secretary of State for Africa, Ms Linda Thomas-Greenfield.

Authoritative sources disclosed to The Guardian that Nyako, a former PDP governor, who switched camp to the APC, raised very sensitive issues, including allegations that the Federal Government failed to block importation of weapons into the country; weapons, which are being used to fuel the Boko Haram insurgency.

Nyako also alleged that federal security agencies were colluding with backers of Boko Haram to perpetuate the conflict in the North. He said such security agencies were the ones facilitating the clearance of arms and ammunitions through the border and transporting same to the terrorists.

The Adamawa State governor, who was said to have caused a grim silence by his allegations at the White House meeting, also claimed that the Jonathan presidency refused to identify Boko Haram sponsors despite arrest of some of the members.

He cited particular instances where the military JTF were withdrawn in some of the locations in the three states where the terrorists’ activities have been intense, just in time for the terrorists to attack those locations. According to Governor Nyako, he was convinced that information was being passed from the security agencies to help the terrorists.

But Nyako’s main allegation was the motive behind the alleged collusion, which he said is a way to reduce the voting power of the North East in 2015 and subsequent polls, and keep the region perpetually underdeveloped.

It took the spirited response of the Nigerian Ambassador to the USA, Adefuye, and some of the other governors to halt Nyako’s allegations. Sources said Adefuye challenged Nyako to provide evidence for his allegations, and tongue-lashed him for playing politics of 2015 at the meeting.

Adefuye “did not take kindly to the allegations,” and the fact that the meeting was used by Nyako in particular to attack President Jonathan and the Federal Government, sources disclosed.

The source said the Ambassador “had to call Nyako to order,” and even sought the intervention of the organisers and other participants to ensure that the meeting did not turn into a forum to “wash Nigeria’s linen in public.” Sources said hot heads cooled after the Ambassador’s intervention.

Besides the Ambassador, the Governor of Kogi also opposed Nyako, especially explaining that the examples the Adamawa governor gave regarding how JTF people retreated from a location just before Boko Haram attacked were just coincidental.

Other Governors, who were critical over the Boko Haram issue, included the Borno Governor, Shettima, who also criticised the President and the Federal Government’s handling of the Boko Haram insurgency. However, Shettima also hoped that the insurgency would soon abate, urging for accelerated developmental projects in the affected states.

https://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/10153955656650128
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by patrick89(m): 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
suwailad:

Educate yourself boy, your assumption is baseless.
i agree there are nigerians in the mix but the main agression comes from paid mercenaries
please educate yourself, i dont have time to show you links, take time to read countless articles of
foreigners who were captured and confessed to being paid in chad, cameroon and niger to come fight in the NE
bla bla bla when will Islam come out clean on terrorism? If they are not accusing US, they will be accusing Zionist of sponsoring terrorism, yet we have those bloody fooools cursing killing and threatening the west, and Israel. Before you know it they will start osting useless photoshop images to back up their claims.. Religion of piss indeed.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Toktee(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
suwailad:

Educate yourself boy, your assumption is baseless.
i agree there are nigerians in the mix but the main agression comes from paid mercenaries
please educate yourself, i dont have time to show you links, take time to read countless articles of
foreigners who were captured and confessed to being paid in chad, cameroon and niger to come fight in the NE
just ignore that fool,very local in thinking.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Toktee(m): 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Soldiers were sent there to do the job they were paid to do but didn't.
Northern soldiers saw boko haram initially as fighting for northern interest. Arms sent to our battalions were mysteriously falling into the hands of boko haram. The USA and Nato couldn't defeat the Taliban since the Taliban had local support, there's nothing any President can do if soldiers sent to war refuses to fight.
so,all the arms that bokoharam are using were diverted to them by the northern soldiers abi?
If your answer is yes,then i have a news for you,the arms that bokoharam are using are forign,even nigerian army don't have such,so pls,don't talk about what you don't know.
Jonathan has failed,when isis invaded iraq,iraq don't blame opposition,when hamas killed two isrealis boys,isreal went after hamas for 52 straight days.
Al shabab want to infiltrate kenya,they don't blame opposition,they sent them out.
Next week,jonathan will be home.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2015
Toktee:
so,all the arms that bokoharam are using were diverted to them by the northern soldiers abi?
If your answer is yes,then i have a news for you,the arms that bokoharam are using are forign,even nigerian army don't have such,so pls,don't talk about what you don't know.
Jonathan has failed,when isis invaded iraq,iraq don't blame opposition,when hamas killed two isrealis boys,isreal went after hamas for 52 straight days.
Al shabab want to infiltrate kenya,they don't blame opposition,they sent them out.
Next week,jonathan will be home.

we have inside security report about insider arms smuggling and gej money laundering. remember south africa embargo? i'll explain shortly
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by joywendy(f): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2015
interesting....

*grabs chair with cabin biscuit and Chapman* grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by BushidoBlue(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
suwailad:

so Hausas are stupid according to Mogidi for letting jonathan use boko haram to decimate the NE for political gains.
jonathan is not clueless after all, he saw an opportunity and used it.
so we agree on that, that jonathan is complicit in war crimes. you are very correct sir
Make up your mind... is he clueless or not? If he is clueless then you have nothing to fear, if he isn't clueless then you and your ilk are in big trouble.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Make up your mind... is he clueless or not? If he is clueless then you have nothing to fear, if he isn't clueless then you and your ilk are in big trouble.

what kind of big trouble? The Charles taylor trouble or Pol Pot trouble?
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by organic973: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
I totally disagree.

Voting GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by BushidoBlue(m): 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
suwailad:

i have already given you a direction,
GEJ uses proxy like Sheriff to bring in paid fighters
from Niger and Chad.

These fighters were easy to get,
some of the influx were with alqaeda magreb in libya that spiralled down to mali. Remember
Gadaffi's son sold most libya armory to insurgents in mali, pocket fighters in Niger and chad
So the manpower was already there, they just needed to be bought

I will contune from here in a short while
But you are clueless o!!! Chai!!!!

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by BushidoBlue(m): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
suwailad:

what kind of big trouble? The Charles taylor trouble or Pol Pot trouble?
Charles Taylor ain't got shyte on you.
You use social media to propagate hate and false hood against an incumbent president.
You speak as if Shekau is a Chadian. As if Kabiru Sokoto is Nigerien.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by BushidoBlue(m): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=suwailad post=31718214][/quote]
Did you grasp the meaning of what you posted or you just mistook rants for facts? grin grin grin
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by chiomashine: 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Get a life dear.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by saharachic(f): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
grin cool
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Babacele: 10:17am On Mar 22, 2015
suwailad:
i would not talk much but those of us who are viewing happenings from a distance
will note the support Gej bought with OPC. We all know the payment the leader of that group
received.
Now the recent report of the same OPC infiltrating lagos now parading on the streets
with firearms and unlicensed weaponry, to intimidate the Opposition state and Governor, who is
a very vocal critic of Gej.

Now lets take a look back at Boko haram and GEJ's link, do you see a similar pattern here?
is this not what the gej govt did to bolster bh using ali modu sheriff and proxies to intimidate and bring
down the opposition states and the opposition strongholds?
the facts speak for themselves:

1. The president ,who gets daily if not hourlies on security reports, pretended for 18 good days while d whole world is already aware that the Chibok girls had been kidnapped thereby allowing d kidnappers to escape n strategize.defence HQ even lied to the whole world that d girl had bn released tactically stalling any early rescue moves! dairies god o comes to mind .
2. Before he became president but as VP , there are security reports that Alimod serif sponsored BH. As president, he brot Rev Davies, an internationally respected negotiator who had worked successfully even in d creeks of ND. Rev. Davies repeated wat we have always known: Alimod serif n Ihejirika. Now ask me why is the president protecting Alimod?
3. Oct1st bombing and the presidents reaction that he knows the perpetrators. check Orkars claims. Remember Dokpesi n IBB were fingered by d presidency? they are now GEJ's best friends.
4. huge funds budgeted for the millitary were stolen hence the killing of our soldiers by BH, n d reactions they tagged 'mutiny' by our young soldiers. Gov Shettima talked about our soldiers being ill equipped which was an open secret but the presidency rather than punishing those in charge threaten Gov . Shettima!
5.Remember state of emergency were declared in d NE states? OK it was then ,BH became so strong n had unhindered shows of terror! fews hours before they usually operate, soldiers always dissapear from their posts!
Remember Nyako's memo that got him into FG's trouble?
6. Nigerian side tactically sabotaged d the alliance to rescue the chibok girls. even d present alliance by Chad was forced on GEJ with serious allegation from US n France.
7. d $10m cash South Afican gun saga by private folks meant for our millitary business ? money laundary, terrorism n corruption were written all over dt deal? baby I can give 1 million facts.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by henrysophy: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2015
Who is writing this crap if you don't know what to post then keep to your self. Well it's getting close GEJ Victory is sure
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by otr1(m): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2015
This is a common knowledge for people living in the NE.
I have a number of friends in the NA, fighting in the NE.
You'll not hear anything from me, but sooner or later, Jonathan and his accomplices will pay dearly for their crime.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
Babacele:
the facts speak for themselves:

1. The president ,who gets daily if not hourlies on security reports, pretended for 18 good days while d whole world is already aware that the Chibok girls had been kidnapped thereby allowing d kidnappers to escape n strategize.defence HQ even lied to the whole world that d girl had bn released tactically stalling any early rescue moves! dairies god o comes to mind .
2. Before he became president but as VP , there are security reports that Alimod serif sponsored BH. As president, he brot Rev Davies, an internationally respected negotiator who had worked successfully even in d creeks of ND. Rev. Davies repeated wat we have always known: Alimod serif n Ihejirika. Now ask me why is the president protecting Alimod?
3. Oct1st bombing and the presidents reaction that he knows the perpetrators. check Orkars claims. Remember Dokpesi n IBB were fingered by d presidency? they are now GEJ's best friends.
4. huge funds budgeted for the millitary were stolen hence the killing of our soldiers by BH, n d reactions they tagged 'mutiny' by our young soldiers. Gov Shettima talked about our soldiers being ill equipped which was an open secret but the presidency rather than punishing those in charge threaten Gov . Shettima!
5.Remember state of emergency were declared in d NE states? OK it was then ,BH became so strong n had unhindered shows of terror! fews hours before they usually operate, soldiers always dissapear from their posts!
Remember Nyako's memo that got him into FG's trouble?
6. Nigerian side tactically sabotaged d the alliance to rescue the chibok girls. even d present alliance by Chad was forced on GEJ with serious allegation from US n France.
7. d $10m cash South Afican gun saga by private folks meant for our millitary business ? money laundary, terrorism n corruption were written all over dt deal? baby I can give 1 million facts.

wow thank you for this

1 Like

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
Gej's recent alliance with ogboni ;eaves more room to look into his evil ways
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by PassingShot(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mogidi:
@ suwailad
Are you Hausas so stupid you'd allow someone from a minority state to decimate your land? You've bought the hype by those who intended keeping you on a leech to continue their feudal reign. Try one of GEJ's Almajiri schools, you deserve better than this.

How difficult is it to buy jobless, poverty stricken illiterate youths with looted dollars?

Do you think General Azazi just said what he said about Boko Haram being PDP just for the sake of talking?

GEJ has a hand in Boko Haram and the truth shall surely be revealed sooner or later.
Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by suwailad(f): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
PassingShot:

How difficult is it to buy jobless, poverty stricken illiterate youths with looted dollars?

Do you think General Azazi just said what he said about Boko Haram being PDP just for the sake of talking?

GEJ has a hand in Boko Haram and the truth shall surely be revealed sooner or later.

it beats my imagination what runs through the minds of these little kids
pdp has been bankrolling the insurgency even before the UN house bombing
but gej has not yet been intimated on the developments then,
but when you are already sitting duck as president, what do you have to lose?
Thats why gej has become complicit in terror funding since 2012

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). by Babacele: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
suwailad:

wow thank you for this
Nigeria: Lemu Panel Report - Crave for Change Caused Post-Election ViolenceBy Mohammed S. ShehuPeople's strong desire for change, culture of impunity, bad governments and inciting political statements were among the principal causes of post-election violence in April in which hundreds of people were killed, a presidential committee has said.The Sheikh Ahmed Lemu-led Presidential Committee on the 2011 Election Violence and Civil Disturbances presented its report yesterday to President Goodluck Jonathan, with a strong warning that the current state of affairs in the country could provoke social revolution unless measures were taken to improve people's life conditions.Lemu headed a 22-member panel which conducted investigations in thestates affected by election violence, including Kaduna, Adamawa and Akwa Ibom.In a speech at the report presentationyesterday, Lemu said the desire for change as result of frustration of people regarding the failure of successive regimes to solve the nation's problems was one of the major causes of the post-election violence."The second major cause of the recent electoral violence was the existing widespread desire for changeas a result of frustration and disappointment of many members of the general public regarding the inability of the successive past regimes to solve the problems of electricity power failure nationwide, deplorable state of federal government roads throughout the nation, bribery and corruption which have virtually been legitimized in all affairs of our nation," he said.The committee exonerated retired General Muhammadu Buhari of accusations of inciting the violence, adding that the CPC presidential candidate was also a victim because his property was destroyed during thecrisis.Lemu said, "Provocative utterances by many individuals and the widespread charge by prominent politicians including the CPC presidential candidates to the electorate 'to guard their votes' appeared to have been misconstrued by many voters to include recourse toviolence which they did."However, a long interactive session was held been the CPC presidential candidate and five-member delegation of the panel, led by the chairman, in the office of the CPC presidential candidate in Kaduna on 14th September 2011. It was discovered that he himself was a victim of the violence and of the destruction of his property the photographs of which were given to the said delegation."Lemu said the controversial PDP zoning arrangement and desperation by politicians to win election at all cost were among the factors that changed the nature of the presidentialelection into an ethno-religious contest particularly in the North.Speaking after receiving the report, Jonathan expressed the desire of the Federal Government to implement thereport but noted that he was "more interested in the preventive aspect of the recommendation than the punishment aspect. Yes, people who commit offences must face the laws of the land but how do we prevent subsequent occurrence is the key thing that is dear to me."Lemu earlier said the failure by successive regimes to implement reports of previous investigation committees "facilitated the wide spread sense of impunity in the culprits and perpetrators of crimes and violence in the Nigerian society.'He said the panel recommended that the president should order security agencies to fish out culprits of violence for prosecution and also revisit reports of investigations of previous incidents of violence."People indicted by the committees and commissions concerned should be prosecuted. These recommendations are based on what the panel observed from many victims of those previous disturbances who are nursing reprisals and have only been waiting for the slightest excuse to move into action which some of them did duringthe 2011 election violence and civil disturbances."Similarly, general insecurity of life and property in people's houses and on the high ways and kidnappings are fuel to the fire of public frustrationand disappointment."The next major cause of violence and disturbances is the manner in which political office holders have lucratised their respective positions at the expense of the whole nation. The panel discovered that the remunerations and allowances of the members of the legislature, in particular, are considered by stakeholders who addressed us or wrote to us about the issue to be outrageous."It has turned politics in Nigeria to a do-or-die affair for which many politicians of all parties are seriously establishing private armies to execute. In that respect, easy access to drugs, serious general poverty at the grassroots level and youth unemployment, in particular, are providing many foot soldiers ready for recruitment at a cheap rate," he said.Lemu said the panel avoided going beyond its jurisdiction to indict any individual or group of individuals because it was not a Judicial Commission of Inquiry.He, however, presented the cases together with the supporting DVDs and relevant documents in a manner that security agencies could follow upto reveal more facts about the cases concerned and take appropriate actions.He said the panel could not ascertain the accuracy of the claims or the remaining figure of the dead and other victims not accounted for but recommended the engagement of professional architects, quantity surveyors and estate valuers to help unearth the right figures of casualtiesand destruction.It recommended an interim token of compensation to be given to the identified victims.It called on the Federal Government to follow the example of Adamawa state which has made law to deduct for loss of life or damage to property from the fund allocation of the Local Government Area where communal violence may occur.The Lemu panel was set up Jonathanon May11 to unearth the causes and of the post-election violence and recommend solutions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Is A Traitor / enter here / BREAKING: Sreporters Trying To Incite Hausas Against Igbos With Fake Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.