Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

"I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent (17883 Views)

DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent / Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
ichidodo:
Up front honesty by the cop..…Thieffnubu and his baboons have sent you on a mission to hurt Akwa-ibom and you are looking for protection from the same Akwa-ibom?!?! Taa gbafuo there!
when ppl start arming themselves and shooting policemen like dogs like boko and militants that is when you pdp eyes will come down
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by ITbomb(m): 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
Another reason they say Nigeria is not yet mature enough for state police
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by jide333(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
punch = apc... now they are crying for protection?

APC= asiwaju pack criminals

16yrs of pdp rules = corruption

ameachi, attiku, OBJ, tambuwal, el rufai, and others now in apc, were they not the ones in pdp during these years apc keep saying trash about wanting to fight corruption oooh!!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by ndcide(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
I do not sympathize with that Punch writer at all. Honestly , what was the report aimed to achieve? We have seen the trend of reports from punch news lately and any one can see their unfortunate bias.

To me the CP was spot on. In fact the punch reporter is creating more security problems in the state. All these negative sensational reports especially from Punch, just have to stop.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by ichidodo: 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
MIKOLOWISKA:
when ppl start arming themselves and shooting policemen like dogs like boko and militants that is when you pdp eyes will come down
Twenty will be wasted for every cop killed...
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by azzima(m): 10:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
Now if someone kills this reporter, who is to blame??imagine New York Police Commissioner saying this to a CITIZEN reporter?? He will be dismissed on the spot. MUMU NIGERIANS, CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME!!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by anataala: 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
That useless police CP is drunk, i called the MTN number threatening the life of the good samaritan but the idiot is not picking i will have spiritually kill the bastard.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by ojosegun2011(m): 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
In fact there is nothing wrong in kneeling down before an elderly person talking to her. Making a story out of peoples cultural background and tradition seems unprofessional and unpatriotic. Even the bible commands Christians to respect people in positions of authority because they are representatives of God. In Nigeria, it is only people from the South East that don't exhibit that cultural or traditional style though they also have respect for elders but not as it is practise in Yoruba, Calabari/Akwa Ibom, South South, South West and even in most of the North Central, East and West who also have culture or tradition of respective greating for elders. The CP should as a matter of the callings of his duty, not be too angry over the issue, he should please look into the allegation of threat to the life of that journalist and offer him the necessary assistance. I'm appealing to the CP as a Nigerian that he should just see it as one of those things in the course of his job.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by duality(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
Only trouble makers will support the Punch Journalist for his character assassination reports. We know the party they support; it's APC. Punch news have been so notorious and uncharitable in recent times.

For those who already diverted this to GEJ and GMB thing. Let me state clearly, That GMB does not have the shock absober for negative reporting. Unless other people will run the government for him, anyone with a sense of history, knows that Buhari will combust with any negative report against him. Ask his handlers how much work to do in restraining him at the moment, just to portray him as a democrat.

Abeg the Punch writer should go and sit down jare. If in that occasion, that report was what he had to write about, shows how low Punch news have fallen.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by quixotic: 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
have we lost our humanity that we can't judge right from wrong just because we support a party?we should call things the way they are. The police have an obligation to investigate a threat to life. In a human society the response of the CP can cause him his job.

1 Like

Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by nkemdi89(f): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Most of these people looking down on police and calling them illerates will surely run back to them for succour. Our journalist of today are so partial that they promote the wrong aspect of their proffession, every dick tom and harry are into it now without even going through the school of journalism. Very soon bloggers and all these E_ nuisance will become targets until they learn to be objective in sharing any information.

1 Like

Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
ezex:
u dey here dey kill urself,politicians sons/daughters dey abroad dey flex,if Jonathan like make him lose,naija go still remain naija.
we d
shall see
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
dee1wolex:

dnt be a fool like ur forefathers
u are senseless
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Brush1: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
frankmishael1:
your fada yance

A child like you is a curse to anyone. To be childless is better of.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Brush1:

A child like you is a curse to anyone. To be childless is better of.
watch ur tongue son
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by bakila: 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
ichidodo:
Up front honesty by the cop..…Thieffnubu and his baboons have sent you on a mission to hurt Akwa-ibom and you are looking for protection from the same Akwa-ibom?!?! Taa gbafuo there!
Point of corrections. It is the Nigeria Police Force not Akwa Ibom Police Force.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by legendsilver(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
steppin:
Punch reporters and their hallmark of lazy Journalism.
Instead of doing extensive investigation and making inquiries, they write crap and feed people half-truths.
I hope they give you a serious thrashing before you leave.
Stray bullets will get you soon, idiot.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by uptoHim(m): 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gboliwe:
Even though the answer given by the CP to the reporter is wrong, I think it serves the reporter right.
The only picture he is spreading around shows a man who needed to talk to the first lady privately and bent one knee to whisper to her. How that translates to kneeling down is only from the mumu's imagination.

Now he wants protection when he was the same one that saw yanga sleeping and as trouble, he went to wake her.

I was listening to a programme on the only independent radio station in the state and the APC mumu rep was asked why the party was campaigning against Akpabio and not Udom the governorship aspirant, the man couldn't answer. Too many badbelle people in the state.

Why is APC campaigning against Akpabio?
Ans: because they want Fashola to take his place as the best performing governor.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by uptoHim(m): 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Bad journalist! Bad CP!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by searay(m): 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
I don't see anything wrong with this. The commisioner only wanted to speak with the Governor's wife in private.

Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by emmatok(m): 12:13am On Mar 18, 2015
ichidodo:
Twenty will be wasted for every cop killed...

Like they wasted Odi and Apo 7. tongue
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 18, 2015
that's why we have clueless journalist in Nigeria, hungrier than a hungry lawyer.
even if he sits on that seat close to her, some useless photographers will twist the story and say they were kissing.
writing stories with no facts.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by emmatok(m): 12:17am On Mar 18, 2015
DebateNigeria:

My fellow youth, I guess you did not read what I read or maybe you don't understand. I did not support the commissioner neither did I support the journalist. Journalists in Nigeria are too "one sided". They need to be more professional. Why didn't the journalist go to court, sue the police and or whoever.....
Well, these old men who ruined our nation are still hanging around in both parties, from the presidential candidate of the APC to all those old folks surrounding President GEJ.

Did the Journalist told the commissioner to Kneel before Madam?
Journalist did his job, like any other Journalist worldwide, even American Journalists poke their First lady all the time.

But the CP is drunk for saying he can't protect certain citizen, why is he a Policeman.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Cypost: 12:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Emmafrancis:
Punchman has finally punched a sac of nails. That picture was not what the reporter made it seems. The man just wanted a private discussion with the govs wife and nothing more. You don't go embarrassing people and expecting them to clap for you.
Now the reporter is goin further by embarrassing the police commissioner by publishing their conversation.
Don't get me wrong I am not supporting the threats and the outburst of the CP. But the Punchman is just looking for trouble left, right and center.
A private discussion in public square kneeling down. He should have comported himself and stop harassment of reporter who was there to report the event both usual and usual
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 18, 2015
emmatok:

Did Journalists, told the commissioner to Kneel before Madam?
Journalists did his job, like any other Journalists worldwide, even American Journalists poke their First lady all the time.

But the CP is drunk for saying he can't protect certain citizen, why is he a Policeman.

your grammar nah die!
meanwhile, policeman is your friend. that's the only reason.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by akilo1: 12:27am On Mar 18, 2015
meccuno:
how old are you?
go and die
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Oyecute(m): 1:30am On Mar 18, 2015
frankmishael1:
all the plan is set......
gate of hell would be open
only if Gej wins there will be peace in Nigeria
no Gej no Nigeria
You are one of the brainless individuals that drag the integrity of this nation in swamps. I pity your child unborn, if you could descend so low to write this trash!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by minwafor: 4:03am On Mar 18, 2015
I am very disappointed by the comments of some people about this topic. It shows how backward our reasoning and our society are. First of all, that a person is your boss does not mean that you should bow to his wife. That's very absurd. In the Igbo culture, a man does not kneel before a woman( I believe that we had similar culture with the Efiks of Akwa Ibom), especially in the public. It is a taboo.
Secondly, the journalist did a very nice work. Now for people that are ranting nonsense about poking his nose where it doesnt belong, it is his duty to make us know and he did it excellently well.
The policeman is totally unprofessional and does not clearly know his job. If an investigation is did and if the purported text message is truth, then he ought to be sanctioned. People should not threaten Journalist and the police will just turn a blind eye and even further intimidate the press. Remember what happened in France and Denmark. Despite satirical drawing that shouldnt have been drawn, the police are still protecting those cartoonist and journalist uptill now. Thats the way a democracy should be.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Gboliwe: 5:14am On Mar 18, 2015
johnny1980:

So you actually support the death threats because he pictured someone who's a public figure?

Oga try reason small, its very legal!
If those threats are real, he won't be complaining and asking for police protection via the phone! He would take his butt off to the police station, make his statement and tender evidence.
But, he is a paid reporter and they are always noisy, distracting and attention seekers. The CP doesn't have that time.
Once again, I don't like how the CP responded but that serves the reporter right.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by MARKone(m): 5:20am On Mar 18, 2015
I just don't know where the get these set of people in the NPF, it is as if that once the enter the force, their sense of reasoning goes south, all of them, very pathetic. Oga Journalist, kindly leave the place for them, because it might be the police that they'll send to kill you.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by obstead200(m): 6:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Emmafrancis:
Punchman has finally punched a sac of nails. That picture was not what the reporter made it seems. The man just wanted a private discussion with the govs wife and nothing more. You don't go embarrassing people and expecting them to clap for you.
Now the reporter is goin further by embarrassing the police commissioner by publishing their conversation.
Don't get me wrong I am not supporting the threats and the outburst of the CP. But the Punchman is just looking for trouble left, right and center.
[size=13pt] the reporter is an attention seeking, money hungry, half illiterate, non professional and biased idi.ot. He is getting what he deserves. Nobody will protect him[/size]
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Emmahunk(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2015
EdCure:
I can’t protect you, Akwa Ibom CP tells PUNCHman

MARCH 17, 2015 : ETIM EKPIMAH, UYO

The Commissioner of Police, Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Gabriel Achong, has said he has no business protecting the PUNCH correspondent in the state, Mr. Etim Ekpimah, from strange people threatening his life.

Achong stated this while speaking with the reporter on the telephone on Monday following a threat message the correspondent forwarded to Achong from one Mr. Martin Akpan who had threatened to use force in collaboration with others he did not name, to get the correspondent out of the state.

The threat message from Akpan, which was sent to former Saturday PUNCH Editor, Mr. Emeka Madunagu, read, “Hi, Etim. One guy, Martin Akpan, called me today to complain about your story in today’s Punch(Sunday). He said they will make you leave Akwa Ibom by force. His number is 08163192421.”

Sunday PUNCH had on March 15, published a story entitled, ‘Akwa Ibom: State where commissioners, others, kneel for Akpabio’s wife.” The story, ex-rayed how the state Commissioner for Works, Mr. Don Etim, knelt to talk to Akpabio’s wife despite that there were vacant seats beside the governor’s wife, during a PDP campaign rally.

The story went further to tell how a member in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, representing Mbo State Constituency, Mrs. Alice Ekpenyong, knelt before the governor’s wife at the Independent National Electoral Commission office, Uyo, where they were being presented with the certificates of return in 2011.

Also a Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Welfare, Dr. Glory Edet, was recently seen fanning her during the presentation of the 2015 Appropriation Bill to the House of Assembly.

On Monday, however, the correspondent got a bitter dose of the police commissioner’s venom, when Achong pointedly accused the PUNCHman of collecting money from opposition parties to write the story.

He noted that the kneeling down by the commissioner was not the journalist’s business, but rather a sign of respect to the Akwa Ibom State governor’s wife.

The CP said, “You are on your own. I do not have any business protecting you. This is how you people go about causing troubles. You have brought serious embarrassment to the man(Etim) and his family.

“If you want to talk with your madam in your office, do you stand to talk with her? Anybody can kneel down for another as a sign of respect.

“This is none of your business. I do not care about what happens to you. If you have collected money from those who asked you to write the story, why did you not tell them that you cannot write?”

The correspondent had received many calls from strange individuals, threatening to deal with him for bringing the state works commissioner into disrepute.
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-protect-you-akwa-ibom-cp-tells-punchman/
THE BASIC DUTY OF THE POLICE IS PROTECTION OF LIVES AND PROPERTY. IF THE MAN IN WHOSE HANDS, THIS HAS BEEN ENTRUSTED SAYS HE CAN NO LONGER CARRY OUT HIS DUTIES, HE SHOULD IMMEDIATELY BE SHOWN THE WAY OUT. I JUST HOPE THE IG'S MEDIA TEAM ARE LISTENING!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Visits Sugar Cane Farmers In Kebbi (Photos) / Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo) / Omo-Agege, Manager win at Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.