Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

"I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent (17691 Views)

DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent / Thugs Beat Punch Correspondent In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by otokx(m): 6:54am On Mar 18, 2015
minwafor:
I am very disappointed by the comments of some people about this topic. It shows how backward our reasoning and our society are. First of all, that a person is your boss does not mean that you should bow to his wife. That's very absurd. In the Igbo culture, a man does not kneel before a woman( I believe that we had similar culture with the Efiks of Akwa Ibom), especially in the public. It is a taboo.
Secondly, the journalist did a very nice work. Now for people that are ranting nonsense about poking his nose where it doesnt belong, it is his duty to make us know and he did it excellently well.
The policeman is totally unprofessional and does not clearly know his job. If an investigation is did and if the purported text message is truth, then he ought to be sanctioned. People should not threaten Journalist and the police will just turn a blind eye and even further intimidate the press. Remember what happened in France and Denmark. Despite satirical drawing that shouldnt have been drawn, the police are still protecting those cartoonist and journalist uptill now. Thats the way a democracy should be.

By and by Nigerians deserve the suffering currently being received in the hands of PDP. GEJ till 2019.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by kuuljay(m): 7:14am On Mar 18, 2015
frankmishael1:
all the plan is set......
gate of hell would be open
only if Gej wins there will be peace in Nigeria
no Gej no Nigeria
yes the gate is open and ready for you and your wretched family alone
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2015
kuuljay:
yes the gate is open and ready for you and your wretched family alone
ur family
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2015
Oyecute:
You are one of the brainless individuals that drag the integrity of this nation in swamps. I pity your child unborn, if you could descend so low to write this trash!
ur fada yance
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Reference(m): 7:52am On Mar 18, 2015
Build institutions and not men because men will pass away but institutions last forever....but Nigerians will not listen.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Chigold101(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2015
GboyegaD:
What then is the duty of the Nigerian Police if not to maintain law and order and also, protect us? Like they say in Yorubaland, "oju ni alakan fi nso ori", I will advise him to take precautionary steps to protect himself at all times. If possible, go on a vacation until things have settled in a bit and he should go with members of his family as well.
the work of police is to protect people but when someone goes out of his way to look for trouble, policemen will now go and die for him... Mbanu!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by akpanbaba: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
GABRIEL Achong is a disgrace to police force.Why was he made CP for AKWA iBOM ?.Akpabio wanted him because he knows the terrain and what governor stands for .

To those who feel that the picture of Don Etim kneeling down is ok.May God not give you the type of Unoma Akpabio as the wife of your state governor.Pls check for other write-ups about this heartless woman,especially for leading her gang to send the former SSG out of his office.They should also find out what he did to the legislator ONOFIOK LUKE.

People perish in this country for lack of information.Most of these commentators do not have any iota of information about Akpabio and his wife.What they know is just to shout UNCOMMON TRANSFORMATION and i dont know what that means.
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by akpanbaba: 3:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
the work of police is to protect people but when someone goes out of his way to look for trouble, policemen will now go and die for him... Mbanu!
(Quote) (

Did you go to school ?.A typical local farmer cannot make such statement
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
ichidodo:
Twenty will be wasted for every cop killed...
I get that you're trying to sound hard and gangster but you just come off sounding ignorant. Police is not the army so should not talk like that. They couldn't contain 20000 militants or boko,it is not 9million Lagosains that they will hold
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by Nten: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Whether the punchman collected bribe or not, whether the report was bias, partisan or not; the CP just undermined his integrity and compromised his job as a state CP. A policeman who is suppose to protect lives, maintain law and order especially a serious case like death threat spewing this thrash. This is regretably abysmal!
Re: "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent by walexbiz(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2015
Emmafrancis:
Punchman has finally punched a sac of nails. That picture was not what the reporter made it seems. The man just wanted a private discussion with the govs wife and nothing more. You don't go embarrassing people and expecting them to clap for you.
Now the reporter is goin further by embarrassing the police commissioner by publishing their conversation.
Don't get me wrong I am not supporting the threats and the outburst of the CP. But the Punchman is just looking for trouble left, right and center.

what the Bleep are you guys saying, so common sense cannot dictate to the man to call oga madam aside and they have private discussion. Anyway why are we suprise even the president of the nation goes around kneeling down for all tom dick and harry just to scurry vote from religious bigot. Wonders they say shall never end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement Ordering His Retrial / Abike Dabiri, Dangote, Sanwo-olu Attend Inauguration Of African Center In USA / Nigerian Police Arrest Army Personnel, 13 Others For Vandalising Rail Tracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.