Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! (1204 Views)

Osinbajo Appoints Amaechi,ogbeh,ngige To Beat Down Food Prices / Audu Ogbeh: "Us-Based Nigerians Can Return If Trump Makes Life Difficult" / Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by tit(f): 5:07am On Mar 18, 2015
Benue Massacre: Herdsmen Confess Jihad Mission, Says Ogbeh
A former National Chairman of the People's Democratic Party and now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chief Audu Ogbeh has alerted the country about the frequent attacks and killings of the people of Agatua in Benue state by Herdsmen who claim to be ona Jihad mission.
Ogbeh who spoke to Journalists on Tuesday at the APC. National headquarters in Abuja, said what is of major concern is the fact that the natives who ran to the security agents for help and protection from the rampaging attackers were turned back.
Reacting to the incident at Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State, where dozens, mainly women and children were killed in cold blood by suspected herdsmen, Ogbeh warned that the people may be forced to take up arms to protect themselves if security agencies fail to leave up to expectation.
He said some of the herdsmen attackers who were apprehended do not seem to be Nigerians as they do not speak any of the Nigerian languages, adding that when interrogated, they confessed that they were mercenaries recruited to come and kill in name of Jihad.
"People have tried to resist them on their own but they always come with very heavy weapons, AK -47 and nobody really knows the source. Once many of them were caught and some of them are Mauritanians and others who came into Nigeria speaking languages other than Nigerian. They speak neither Fufuldei nor Hausa but they were among the attackers. One of them said they were told that there was a Jihad and that they should come in and kill," he said.
Speaking on the likely motive of the herdsmen's attacks, Ogbeh said: " We learnt that the Fulani herdsmen said they are looking for grazing lands and the idea may be to drive people away so that they can have access to fertile lands good for agriculture.
"Now, farmers can no longer farm, they have been dislodged so we have tried TO RAISE MONEYand put them in camps. So far there have been not much responds from any of the government agencies.
"This is very strange indeed. Ogbeh said the government security agencies have not responded adequately to the people's desperate calls for protect against the invading attackers . People rush t the security agencies for protection and they were told it is their business.
" I think it is the responsibility of the government to protect the people otherwise they are inviting us to take up arms and fight to protect themselves and I think it is unnecessary as we do not want to build an army of our own but if the defenseless people are to be attacked and slaughtered ceaselessly, then we are in serious trouble.
"I just want to express about the endless attacks on the people of Agatua in Benue state by the Fulani .herdsmen who keeps coming from time to time. Last Sunday about 80 people got killed mostly women and children gong to church and it does seem that the security agencies have been able to do much. We do not know what to do next but I think it is getting really out of hand.
"This happens almost every three months and the Federal Government does not respond much. We heard that even when the people tried to get to some security agents, they tell them it is not their business. We hope that this is a wrong report but it is getting really very troublesome," he said.
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 18, 2015
Uncle audu ogbe, no be you and PA Buhari dey APC? Ask him to talk to his fulani people. If not as a fulani man, he should talk to them as a member of cattle rearer association abi he dey wait until he becomes c-in c before acting as an elderstateman undecided

4 Likes

Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by hadizadeezy(f): 5:34am On Mar 18, 2015
How do u expect the fedeeral govt led by GEJ to respond? (LOL) Go to otueke and see for yoursef.
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by Beesluv: 5:50am On Mar 18, 2015
ok
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by nzeadachie: 5:58am On Mar 18, 2015
WHAT DID THEIR PATRON (JIHADI BUHARI) SAID ABOUT IT?

1 Like

Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by kettykin: 6:00am On Mar 18, 2015
Once again what really is the job of the security agencies like the police. These fulanis have really wrecked nigeria, I don't really see any need or advantage of foolanis in nigeria, they don't contribute anything besides destruction of farmlands and killing of indigenes in the name of rearing animals.

Anyway the middle belters should use some of the blood they waisted to stop biafrans to defend their homeland and their people after all charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by centmichael101(m): 6:11am On Mar 18, 2015
Audu want a fulani president, he don't give a Bleep about his people

1 Like

Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by SeverusSnape(m): 6:31am On Mar 18, 2015
hadizadeezy:
How do u expect the fedeeral govt led by GEJ to respond? (LOL) Go to otueke and see for yoursef.
Shut Up!... Buhari IS their patron in chief. If the president responds, It's the same Buhari that will say "your fefle and killing my fefle", You people will start complaining and whining. Rubbish!
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by RockMaxi: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Uncle audu ogbe, no be you and PA Buhari dey APC? Ask him to talk to his fulani people. If not as a fulani man, he should talk to them as a member of cattle rearer association abi he dey wait until he becomes c-in c before acting as an elderstateman undecided

What you posted is irrelevant to the topic. You didn't even bother to read through because of your hatred for Buhari.

Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by quixotic: 7:02am On Mar 18, 2015
IdiAmin1:
this is the problem. Have lost our humanity that when 80 innocent nigerians are killed we reduce it to trivial issues. These people ran to security officials for help and were turned back.this was how boko haram festered for 6years because we played politics with it.killing 13000 people. Audu has raised an alarm.when we on social media should do the same,some people want to trivialize the death of 80 nigerians. But i really don't blame you because violent have become so rampant so we hardly care again
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by quixotic: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2015
i laughed when edwin clark equated security in nigeria to boko haram threat, it shows you the government doesn't even realize its job description. 80 nigerians are killed in one night in the heart of nigeria. This has been a re ocurring decimal and nobody has ever been successfully prosecuted, sadly this 80 will just be another figure. This government has failed in its primary responsibility.which is security of life and property.
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 18, 2015
nzeadachie:
WHAT DID THEIR PATRON (JIHADI BUHARI) SAID ABOUT IT?
@bold

I believe you are one of the fools that call buhari an illiterate.
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by hadizadeezy(f): 7:42am On Mar 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Shut Up!... Buhari IS their patron in chief. If the president responds, It's the same Buhari that will say "your fefle and killing my fefle", You people will start complaining and whining. Rubbish!
LOL.... Ok I don shut up. Wat next?
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by nzeadachie: 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Segeggs:
@bold

I believe you are one of the fools that call buhari an illiterate.
WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM? WHATEVER JIHADI BUHARI CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA
Re: Audu Ogbeh: Chasing Rat While Our House Burns! by PedroJP(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
quixotic:
this is the problem. Have lost our humanity that when 80 innocent nigerians are killed we reduce it to trivial issues. These people ran to security officials for help and were turned back.this was how boko haram festered for 6years because we played politics with it.killing 13000 people. Audu has raised an alarm.when we on social media should do the same,some people want to trivialize the death of 80 nigerians. But i really don't blame you because violent have become so rampant so we hardly care again

quixotic:
i laughed when edwin clark equated security in nigeria to boko haram threat, it shows you the government doesn't even realize its job description. 80 nigerians are killed in one night in the heart of nigeria. This has been a re ocurring decimal and nobody has ever been successfully prosecuted, sadly this 80 will just be another figure. This government has failed in its primary responsibility.which is security of life and property.

Guess u on social media have raised an alarm on the issue with this u posted ? All i c is deceit.

GEJ is ur president till 2019 whether u like it or not.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rare Photo Of Gov. Adams Oshiomhole And His Late Wife On Their Wedding Day / #BRING BACK MAMA PEACE / What If APC Wins In Lagos Again What Happens To Our Brothers From Another Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.