Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (38852 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... the point why I gave you both is to explain what I meant by generally accepted , and yes they are different theories
'Generally accepted' does not mean it won't be scrutinized and attempts at falsifying it won't be made. That's how it works. Opposing hypothesizes don't change it from being gen..accepted.

'In the beginning' , was when time was introduced before the endless past . Remember sometime I said God exists outside space and time , that is it . The Quantum model predicts that the universe has no beginning , that sounds illogical right ... you sounded ready to accept it but you guys refuted my claims that God has no beginning and end and said I was stu.pid the last argument .. first and second page of it https://www.nairaland.com/2173785/where-god-coming-before-he

If the universe is eternal, there is no such thing as 'outside space and time'. It's only possible if time itself had a beginning so you should probably re-evaluate that. 'Outside S and T' is basically just a way of hiding your God.

Anyway, let's not deviate and save that argument for later. I refuted you claims of an eternal universe because they had no backing and still do not. Until a proper model is proposed that not only refutes the decades of evidence supporting the BBT, but explains Dark Matter and Energy, it's just an assumption. Peer-reviewed work, which you haven't been able to cite is what's important(still waiting).

Lol ... I knew you meant evolution but a house without a good foundation wouldn't stand now , would it ? wink
The BBT is not a 'foundation' for evo... whatsoever.

See man , its tough being a christian but a fairy tale book doesn't predict the end of something and a new beginning .That book is life . I read these things even more than you guys , but I dont show it or bother myself . It just piles up the burden of doing more research bla bla bla

NB my views change based on evidence presented. There's nothing solid against the current topics we're on so there is no need to assume they are false. Are you willing to give up what you believe in now if sufficient evidence is presented or do think you're infallible?
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 20, 2015
Humblebloke:

U r begining to sound like my narrow minded mate wayback in college.... Like i said earlier, Perhaps when u get more knowledgeable in the science field.... You will realise you are fighting a lost cause.

Ciao
lost cause as your religion I guess
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Misogynist2014(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2015
davien:
Zero state? Elaborate please.
What happens when you have 0% happiness? Let us say happiness can be detected like alkalinity, the lower your alkalinity, the more your acidity, 14 is 100% base, btw 11 and 13 is strong base and 7 is neutral. When your alkalinity reads btw 1 and 3, you have a strong acid and when it reads 0, it is pure acid, pure, 100%. Therefore, if I produce a base, I automatically produce an acid. You can also use it from the stand point of acid or say they are independent, but I think my point is established that you don't necessarily have to create evil, because evil itself is self-existent with good, because evil itself is good in its zero state.
Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:26am On Mar 20, 2015
DProDG:

'Generally accepted' does not mean it won't be scrutinized and attempts at falsifying it won't be made. That's how it works. Opposing hypothesizes don't change it from being gen..accepted.

If the universe is eternal, there is no such thing as 'outside space and time'. It's only possible if time itself had a beginning so you should probably re-evaluate that. 'Outside S and T' is basically just a way of hiding your God.

Anyway, let's not deviate and save that argument for later. I refuted you claims of an eternal universe because they had no backing and still do not. Until a proper model is proposed that not only refutes the decades of evidence supporting the BBT, but explains Dark Matter and Energy, it's just an assumption. Peer-reviewed work, which you haven't been able to cite is what's important(still waiting).

The BBT is not a 'foundation' for evo... whatsoever.

NB my views change based on evidence presented. There's nothing solid against the current topics we're on so there is no need to assume they are false. Are you willing to give up what you believe in now if sufficient evidence is presented or do think you're infallible?

Trying to explain evolution or big bang to some guy that believes day and night was created before the sun is like pouring water on stone..

He couldn't even bring up any holes in evolution and big banggrin

i give you medal jooor.. i wouldnt waste such time

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 7:30am On Mar 20, 2015
smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by kayceerilyn(f): 8:32am On Mar 20, 2015
LucemFerre:

Define perfect... And how is the world perfect? Give me an example of an imperfect world to compare this one with.

SOMEONE? Who is that "PERSON"?
The world is perfect for the following reasons
1. How can you explain the perfect routine of rotation and revolution?
2. How about the tilt of the earth?
3. How about the nutrients cycle?
4. Or even the distance of earth from the sun?
It will take an intelligent mind which is God

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2015
kayceerilyn:

and these are your perfections right?
What about asteroids crashing into planets including earth, what about meteor showers, tonadoes, hurricanes, earth quakes, tsunmis... these are all works of perfection right?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by LucemFerre: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2015
kayceerilyn:

Do you have any knowledge of another universe with human beings on it that contains different properties (you presented) from this one? If yes, what are it's flaws that makes earth better?
On what basis do you draw the line between it's imperfection and earth's perfection.

If "no" then... What is your scale for measuring earth's precedence?

kayceerilyn:

You called God a "person" and now you call it "mind"... Which is it?

The former anthropomorphizes it, which would scratch the assumption that it is any or all or the omni-'s. The latter is impossible because, given what we know... only humans have minds.

And why do you think creation is intelligent? I think if had the power to create I'd create a far better universe than this one. If my intelligence (which is considered very inferior to God's) can detect serious flaws in creation should I really call creation intelligence per say? I think I'd rather call it terrible planning and use of resources... Sounds more appropriate.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Trying to explain evolution or big bang to some guy that believes day and night was created before the sun is like pouring water on stone..

He couldn't even bring up any holes in evolution and big banggrin

i give you medal jooor.. i wouldnt waste such time

Lol, I just try to help embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by Horlufemi(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Kamenmen post=31773477][/quote]

There is no such thing as human races. Human is Human its scientifically proven. see the human genome as a very wide range. genes that code for skin color are more than six.

About Noah s ark I wasn't there so I have no opinion on that.

The universe is made up of energy matter and information. and take a look at information. All information comes from a mind. no exception. computer programming, language, Morse code have this attributes. it can be copied and translated.

what I'm typing now is from my mind, converted to words, typed sent over some codes. transcribed to screen and you can read and understand. DNA too is information. it comes from a mind. who's mind. I don't know, maybe God or some alien race(which is like to call the God kind).

The past cant be argued because a lot of odds are involved. and there is no documentation of what really happens in the past.

if you see a coin on the floor. it sure didn't drop from the sky BUT there is a possibility it dropped from the sky. it could drop from someones pocket. or someone just placed it there. or it formed randomly.

the present can't prove the past.

all that matters is that we are here now and what we should focus on right now is why.

Its a miracle that you with your exact config are born.

I believe in God.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist by umbo: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
Tjaja

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President / Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church / I Am Not A Christmas Goat (Hilarious Church Poster)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.