Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? (51856 Views)

Developing Tourism Potentials In Arochukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:12am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I beg to differ. You can't underplay the hundreds of years of mental subjugation africans were made to suffer in the hands of Europeans. Recovery is not as easy as ABC as you think. Even the media today still continues to portray 'light skinned'(lack of the natural melanin, by the way) as epitome of beauty over dark-skinned, and such impression speaks volumes on the minds of the young ones who grow up with such complex. Similar tactical ploy by the Europeans was employed to subjugate the Japanese, masked under the so-called subterfuge of christianity and the Japanese were wise to detect the ploy early and banished the Europeans and their religion from their country, thus saving themselves of what would have been a similar enactment of african subjugation in Japan.

The poster said the Europeans were still Lording it over them. Not so. But it is a convenient excuse.

When exactly did the Japanese banish the Europeans? There was never much influence until 1945 and today Japan has normal civilized values just like most other countries!

If less time was spent blaming colonialism (dead these many decades) and more time eradicating silly superstition and corruption the way forward would be much easier.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Kruzilano(m): 12:12am On Mar 20, 2015
ThaProphet:

The pitfall of many of Africa's civilization is the reliance on oral documentation as opposed to written. Even so, there are written documentations of some of what has been told. The Voyage of Abubakari II is documented for example. The evidence of us ruling is everywhere all over. The reason it seems absent is because we have simply abandoned our history.

Go To Spain today and their medieval architecture was designed and built by Africans who once ruled there. In Nigeria, the largest man made earthwork even with a larger amount of earthworks than the Great Pyramids still stands there.

The civilization of Great Zimbabwe and it's ruins are still there. Sankore University, one of the first ever universities in the world where scholars who taught the so called great philosophers graduated from is still in Timbuktu.

In South America, the evidences of our presence there before Columbus still stands there. Colombus was never a black man. He never discovered America first. Africans had been there before him.

Our history is all over the place and hidden under our noses. We just need to read and discover. It is no secret and it's all out there.

Like I said though. All of this is irrelevant if we are not willing to work for restoration.
buh they were never developed, they world changed fast, nd they couldn't change along wif the world. Thing went from analogue to digital to hybrid, buh africans couldn't change to digital.... Wee made analogue, the white came and changed it to digital then to hybrid, we practised manual, white came and changed it to automatic, nd we sat down feeling defeated.....all they did was manual, technology don by the white has enveloped nd all we could do is to rely on past glories

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by 400billionman: 12:12am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@bold...Exactly, that's why you can't read simple English comprehension passage. Why shouldn't you fail JAMB anyway.

My bro, big grammar or religion does not bring development.

The white man deceived Africa with English, mirror and the likes, took our slaves, gold, silver, precious stones and you came on this thread blowing phonetics and history.

Get to work like Dangote and Innoson, that is what this thread is all about.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Exactly, that's where you are good at. Common paragraph you cannot read.

Such waste of mental space.

am not in the mood for beef dude. Fvck off!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

This is why I'm not very religious I agree with you. I mean whilst I do respect religion, I sometimes think that religion enslaves people to a point where they are often blinded by truth.

I stumbled across a letter to a christian missionary in Congo under the disguise of christian evangelization detailing instructions for the implementation of yearslong mental subjugation of Africans. You can't help but to revulse at the level of animosity had towards Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:15am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The poster said the Europeans were still Lording it over them. Not so. But it is a convenient excuse.

When exactly did the Japanese banish the Europeans? There was never much influence until 1945 and today Japan has normal civilized values just like most other countries!

If less time was spent blaming colonialism (dead these many decades) and more time eradicating silly superstition and corruption the way forward would be much easier.

Had the Moors not brought to Europe knwledge and development which the Romans had lost, would Europe have been where it is today to start with?

Had Egypt not fallen to outside invasion, do you think Egypt and Africa would have known any competitors today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:16am On Mar 20, 2015
Stelvin101:

am not in the mood for beef dude. Fvck off!

If only you would channel all the energy you waste in frivolity into simple reading of a passage, i'm sure your life would turn out beter.

5 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by nedu2000(m): 12:17am On Mar 20, 2015
vfactor:

Was it Ham that was caused or Canaan, Ham's son?
Ham saw his father Noah naked and instead of covering him up went and informed his brothers,so Noah cursed him
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:18am On Mar 20, 2015
400billionman:

My bro, big grammar or religion does not bring development.

The white man deceived Africa with English, mirror and the likes, took our slaves, gold, silver, precious stones and you came on this thread blowing phonetics and history.

Get to work like Dangote and Innoson, that is what this thread is all about.

I'm bringing history to ignorant folks like you who know nothing about their history. Mental subjugation still thriving in you when you cannot simply read and comprehend a passage and you are asking me to spoon-feed you a summary.

Such a waste of mental capacity.

5 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:19am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Had the Moors not brought to Europe knwledge and development which the Romans had lost, would Europe have been where it is today to start with?

Had Egypt not fallen to outside invasion, do you think Egypt and Africa would have known any competitors today?

Possibly or possibly not. What has that to do with the issue? There are many factors in the rise and decline of past cultures. The issue now seem to be that it is easier to sit and blame things for holding Africa back instead of getting out and developing.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:19am On Mar 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Ham saw his father Noah naked and instead of covering him up went and informed his brothers,so Noah cursed him

Ham was never cursed but Canaan, his 4th son!

Learn to read for God's sake!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by MisterG: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2015
nedu2000:

Look at this Fulaniman, this is hilarious. Funny Honers has been Christian for centuries, and i never heard anyone speak this dribble. Those European missionaries really did a job on you west Africans.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by SirShymexx: 12:21am On Mar 20, 2015
ThaProphet:

Another question: where was Europe during the dark ages when Africa was flourishing?

Lol. This one-liner should close the thread.

They were busy feasting on one another as cannibals, while selling their women as slaves.

And that lasted for about 600 years. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:21am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Possibly or possibly not. What has that to do with the issue? There are many factors in the rise and decline of past cultures. The issue now seem to be that it is easier to sit and blame things for holding Africa back instead of getting out and developing.

The lording over he meant might not be physical but mental, being the rife intellectual legacies left behind by the racial subjugation theories of black people in Europe and America during the 18th and 19th centuries.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by SirShymexx: 12:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Justfollowit:
When you are taling about the Africa that ruled to world. You should be specific and stick to facts not the disputable ones. Besides you will.be referring to Egypt and some parts of East Africa.

So the question should have been ‘where was West and South Africa'

If you wanna blame anything blame the two religions. It gave other part of the world an edge over us

So, Gao, Mali, Timbuktu, and Great Zimbabwe are in the equator, no? grin

I bet you don't even know the Moors who ruled Europe were mostly from West Africa...and Moor means black. tongue

Study ya history - I'm out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 20, 2015
Africa was being underdeveloped by those europeans developing thier own world with our resources n man power
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 12:25am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I stumbled across a letter to a christian missionary in Congo under the disguise of christian evangelization detailing instructions for the implementation of yearslong mental subjugation of Africans. You can't but help to revulse at the level of hatred had towards Africans.

Same thing occurs with Arabs and how they see black Muslims
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 12:26am On Mar 20, 2015
SirShymexx:

I bet you don't even know the Moors who ruled Europe were mostly from West Africa...and Moor means black. tongue

ROFL Sadly a lot of these stooges didn't receive the kind of education you did cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by colored(m): 12:28am On Mar 20, 2015
ghostofsparta:

When fools with lazy arse can not spend time and effort to research and investigate sh1t out like the likes of me have done for years and are still doing, they come here to ask sh1tty questions in order to arouse self-hatred.

Your question isn't really a question, it is a presentation that presumes to assert a Eurocentric belief system which you've been fed since infancy like the majority of Africans on this platform.

Forumites who knows sh1t shouldn't fuel this guy's intention to provoke unnecessary racial-like arguments. If he's unable to go conduct research on his own for he knows not where to begin, sources and books can be recommended to him.

Go read How Europe Underdeveloped Africa like someone suggested, go read The Lost Science of Africa, go read God Is Black by Naiwo Osahon, go read all of Cheikh Antah Diop's book from and in the meantime you may begin with the following thread to clear some wrong notion in your thoughts.
thread 1
thread 2

While you at it, let me get back to writing my critical response to the propaganda film Exodus: Gods and Kings'
dude are u on Facebook? whatsapp? I need people like you as friends! just went through your articles-we actually reason alike!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 20, 2015
SirShymexx:

I bet you don't even know they Moors who ruled Europe were mostly from West Africa...and Moor means black. tongue

You are right

I forgot about that

I don't know about Zimbabwe

But then I would have preferred some more African, indisputable and that had nothing to do with foreign religions
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

If only you would channel all the energy you waste into frivolity into simple reading of a passage, i'm sure your life would turn out beter.

are u high or something? nigga my life is beta dan urs in all aspect u can think of so stop d insult else u reli want me to kill u wit words. just fvck off
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by UnimkeAk(m): 12:34am On Mar 20, 2015
frankmoney:
I have always wanted to ask this question , where was Africa when Europe and the rest where developing ? how come we don't have great early inventors or physicist such as Einstein and iseac newton ?what were we doing around the early 1900's or 1800's ? contributions are needed

Egypt bro

Ok since we talking 1800's and 1900's
The whites and arabs came b4 then and made us inferior and made us feel we wer no good and nothing good could come out from africa through religion.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by bigfrancis21: 12:38am On Mar 20, 2015
Stelvin101:

are u high or something? nigga my life is beta dan urs in all aspect u can think of so stop d insult else u reli want me to kill u wit words. just fvck off

Dude, I am not comparing anything with you. All I ask of you is a simple reading and comprehension of the passage and an ensuant intellectual discourse on your findings. Why is that so difficult for you to do? undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by VolvoS60(m): 12:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Stelvin101:

Summarize this plz

^^^^
undecided

Read the entire post. It will take only a few minutes of your time. You could learn something. I know I did - even though I've seen the material before.

4 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The lording over he meant might not be physical but mental, being the rife intellectual legacies left behind by the racial subjugation theories of black people in Europe and America during the 18th and 19th centuries.

Now we are converging! This is a definite possibility. Although my thought is that it should be recognised in passing and move on! I do my best to help.

I have been coming to Naija for 15 years training people.

Once on my course was a guy who kept arguing against everything I was teaching. He was easily proved wrong but at the end to cover his embarrassment he said:

Why do we need to pay you guys so much and bring you from Europe to train us. Why not use another Nigerian?

(A VERY valid question by the way and one I have GREAT sympathy for)

I answered simply:

If you had anyone here who COULD do it them you would be using THEM and not me. (Lack of Airfares etc would make it MUCH more economical).

Then I added:

If he had spent less time arguing (and it was simply that he wanted to prove an oyinbo wrong) and more time learning then HE could very well be one of those who WOULD be doing the training instead of me!

Lets stop looking for things to blame and work together to progress Africa!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 20, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You use every opportunity you have to attack religion, even when it doesn't tally with the matter discussed. Is Israel not religious? Didn't they produce Einstein? Is Dubai not religious? Aren't they pulling strings?

Of course they are religious with their own invented religion which absolutely works for them. What is the origin of your religion? Africa or middle east? Is it working for you?
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Forwetinnah: 12:43am On Mar 20, 2015
The introduction of Islam into the continent dragged Africa behind..same way it's still dragging their followers till date
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by UnimkeAk(m): 12:46am On Mar 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Biblically,some say Ham,son of Noah who was cursed to always be beneath his brothers Shem and Japhet is the father of the negro race.

frankmoney (OP) ; I shuld hv gone tru the thread b4. Replying;
this is a "Living testimony"(Mesef b church boi 2); imagine in this 21st century someone still believes in that crap.
No insults intented @Nedu

RELIGION !

Wht then will u expect from our grt grt grt grand fathers.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Dude, I am not comparing anything with you. All I ask of you is a simple reading and comprehension of the passage and an ensuant intellectual discourse on your findings. Why is that so difficult for you to do? undecided undecided

Now, u r trying to get all calm and cool. wat if I told u I av read that article before n even did thorough research on it coz its story lines are really intriguing. first approach matters a lot when talking to someone. and that you didn't do well my fwnd
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 12:52am On Mar 20, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Now we are converging! This is a definite possibility. Although my thought is that it should be recognised in passing and move on! I do my best to help.

I have been coming to Naija for 15 years training people.

Once on my course was a guy who kept arguing against everything I was teaching. He was easily proved wrong but at the end to cover his embarrassment he said:

Why do we need to pay you guys so much and bring you from Europe to train us. Why not use another Nigerian?

(A VERY valid question by the way and one I have GREAT sympathy for)

I answered simply:

If you had anyone here who COULD do it them you would be using THEM and not me. (Lack of Airfares etc would make it MUCH more economical).

Then I added:

If he had spent less time arguing (and it was simply that he wanted to prove an oyinbo wrong) and more time learning then HE could very well be one of those who WOULD be doing the training instead of me!

Lets stop looking for things to blame and work together to progress Africa!

Here is where I must interject as I take issue with this level of haughtiness. There are people in Nigeria who can coach and teach people. Albeit, a good number of them are abroad in countries like the U.K. United States, Saudi Arabia and UAE.....

Do you forget who the most educated people are in the U.K. right now? Nigerians are. It's the same as in the U.S. Nigerians are the most educated. So, please don't flatter yourself. I hope to God one of these days you meet an extremely intelligent Nigerian in person (not online) so that you can take a bit of your unwarranted haughtiness elsewhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by VolvoS60(m): 12:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Stelvin101:

^^^^
grin

There is no need to threaten anyone with death by words (or any other means for that matter).

Take a little time to read through the posts on this thread and ponder on them. Remember that you are getting heat because you asked for a summary of one of the posts - a request that was completely unnecessary. If it was too 'long' to read perhaps you should have ignored it rather than ask for a summary?

The post was 'long' for a reason. Take your time and go through it. And other posts too. There are some real gems here.

3 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 20, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:
They were busy selling their fellow brothers to slave masters and doing juju for the ones around... Still a common practice till date...
what a wonderful comment......thank you @ post its like that because of the high level of unseriousness if you doubt check the comments above and below me you will understand the gravity of the situation very palpable even on this thread. its not farfetched

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo) / Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.