Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? (51843 Views)

Developing Tourism Potentials In Arochukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by iamord(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2015
revolt:
oga stop decievn ursef, u claim eeryfin ting strted from africa and bla bla, look at the asians, india etc they also faced conquest and imperialism, bt in truth they'd already established their forms of writing, had built massive architectural infrastructures etc the blckman couldn't even document his own history... Ok let's assume we were unjustly subjugated for yrs n our history cleaned, can u explain why till today, with all the education etc we still cannot create nyfin of technological significance.. Our engineers are theorists tht calculate only on paper, my take is africa, savagely believes in bvalues n culture and protects dese viciously.
Every strange phenomenom is quickly ascribed and viwed via spiritual connotation.
The black doesnnt change his enviroment to suit him, he learns to live in his enviroment, no matter how terrible it is . The blckman has proven wthout ny reasonable doubt wht the whyte supremacist proclaim.

Savages
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by tevinsolt: 9:00am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's where you are wrong, what about the Zulu Bantus? did you forget about them? Under the influence of Shaka Zulu their empire was gigantic

dude abeg, zulu bantus what? I'm talking about the greatest civilizations with the most brilliant engineering/architectural work [some that can't be replicated in the present day], democracy started in Athens Greece thousands of years ago, [we are still struggling here in Nigeria]. Astronomy, Geometry, Medicine, Engineering, Trade, Banking are things Europe picked up and ran with. They formed alliances through inter cultural royal marriages, in Africa, the Yorubas most likely never made contact with Igbos and vice versa until the Europeans came. Even Marriage btw cultures na sweat still. t'alm about shaka zulu
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by tevinsolt: 9:03am On Mar 20, 2015
Just a quick tour of Nigerian cities speaks volume about the art of city/urban planning passed down from our "well civilized progenitors"
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2015
axum:

I noticed Nomadic people are very proud and xenophobic. Like Somalis, Arabs, Fulanis, North Africans. Those societies also instill independence and self reliance.

The so-called nomadic people assert their superiority (aka "pride" ) over the rest of Black Africans because they see themselves as 1 step ahead on the racial ladder though they are Black and/or African.

Thin facial features and all.

I have read articles that reference Fulani herders referring to their black African neighbors as animalistic and inferior.

Somalis in this forum share the same sentiment.

Whether this is influenced by humanity's stupid and self imposed racial ladder...with White Caucasians at the top... or some ethnic pride not evidenced by their flatter faced cousins is subject to debate.

I just noticed your numerous threads mocking "bantu" facial features and we have a peaceful, 70-page long thread in the cullture section that proclaims fulanis as the most beautiful people on earth (not much contention there, I noticed).

There are so many patterns that point to how the world works that it is crazy!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by ThaProphet(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. This one-liner should close the thread.

They were busy feasting on one another as cannibals, while selling their women as slaves.

And that lasted for about 600 years. grin

Lol exactly.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 20, 2015
We were busy selling out our brothers as slaves to the Europeans...

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 20, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. This one-liner should close the thread.

They were busy feasting on one another as cannibals, while selling their women as slaves.

And that lasted for about 600 years. grin

And here we are, conquered by them in every sense of the words from this point on to about a millenium or two...if WW3 does not wipe us of the face of the earth.

They have established the first global empire ...something no other civilization has ever achieved since the dawn of humanity.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the cosmos was having a big laugh at our expense!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2015
tevinsolt:

dude abeg, zulu bantus what? I'm talking about the greatest civilizations with the most brilliant engineering/architectural work [some that can't be replicated in the present day], democracy started in Athens Greece thousands of years ago, [we are still struggling here in Nigeria]. Astronomy, Geometry, Medicine, Engineering, Trade, Banking are things Europe picked up and ran with. They formed alliances through inter cultural royal marriages, in Africa, the Yorubas most likely never made contact with Igbos and vice versa until the Europeans came. Even Marriage btw cultures na sweat still. t'alm about shaka zulu

Do you Fufu brains even read?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pJTaiev8k

The education has always been in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

The so-called nomadic people assert their superiority (aka "pride" ) over the rest of Black Africans because they see themselves as 1 step ahead on the racial ladder (though they are Black and/or African).

Thin facial features and all.

I have read articles that reference Fulani herders referring to their black African neighbors as animalistic and inferior.

Somalis in this forum share the same sentiment.

Whether this is influenced by humanity's stupid and self imposed racial ladder (with White Caucasians at the top) or some ethnic pride not evidenced by their flatter faced cousins is subject to debate.

I just noticed your numerous threads mocking "bantu" facial features and we have a peaceful, 70-page long thread in the cullture section that proclaims fulanis as the most beautiful people on earth (not much contention there, I noticed).

There are so many patterns that point to how the world works that it is crazy!

That's because you guys act inferior always bowing down to whites....

Do you think Fulanis and Somalis bow down to whites? Heck no
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well the animalistic reference there hints at simian-related jibes.

Many of the Fulani herds men thought us to be monkey-like in Appearance. Very conforming of the prevalent racial attitude and nothing special, really.

Many of these people also sold black slaves to Arab traders...so a certain level of belief in the racial ladder (they believing themselves to be the middle race between Caucasians and Blacks) had to be a factor.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

Well the animalistic reference there hints at simian-related jibes.

Many of the Fulani herds men thought us to be monkey-like in Appearance. Very conforming of the prevalent racial attitude and nothing special, really.

Many of these people also sold black slaves to Arab traders...so a certain level of belief in the racial ladder (they believing themselves to be the middle race between Caucasians and Blacks) had to be a factor.

Absolutely not, how can we (whom we ourselves think we are the most beautiful people in the world) have a disgraceful inferiority complex like you? We have always seen ourselves better than everyone else. Whites weren't even allowed to touch our women. So many reports on this, even whites admit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY

Whilst you Fufus were busy playing Kumbaya and bowing your heads to whites, we were standing tall like the Baobab tree.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Defcon1(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
xpac01:
We had the best brains in Africa. The Europe only played smartness on African. Read the book " How Europe underdeveloped Africa" it has the answer to your question. Though African brethren aint still helping themselves.
For my part,l don't really believe Europe under-developed Africa

Has anyone really thought about how primitive,uncivilized and barbaric Africa would have been if the Europeans did not come

We have all heard about the koma people of ?Adamawa,as well as the primitive tribes in the Amazon rainforests...how their isolated settlements cut them off from contact with the Europeans, and hence civilization.

Granted, Europe plundered Africa,but the civilization they brought was one of the best things to happen to Africa.

South Africa is this developed because the Europeans lasted much longer before independence.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

And whether we bow to whites or not makes no difference to some harsh realities on ground.

They have gripped us by the balls and will continue squeezing for a very, very, VERY, long time.

In other words, you Fulanis and Somalis are stuck with the rest of us.

Cue on evil, maniacal laughter. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:30am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

And whether we bow to whites or not makes no difference to some harsh realities on ground.

They have gripped us by the balls and will continue squeezing for a very, very, VERY, long time.

In other words, you Fulanis and Somalis are stuck with the rest of us.

Cue on evil, maniacal laughter. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We will turn you submissive slaves into the warrior yet
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Bluffly: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2015
psucc:
Don't misrepresent facts.

Africa developed spiritually and oyingbo developed physically.

How many Whitman can fly from Naija to America and back the same night?

Development na development.

You dey worrry o
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Absolutely not, how can we (whom we ourselves think we are the most beautiful people in the world) have a disgraceful inferiority complex like you? We have always seen ourselves better than everyone else. Whites weren't even allowed to touch our women. So many reports on this, even whites admit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY

Whilst you Fufus were busy playing Kumbaya and bowing your heads to whites, we were standing tall like the Baobab tree.

I am an existentialist of sorts.

While you may feel some quaint victory in fairytales of preventing Whites from touching your women (because let's face it - if they REALLY wanted to, they would easily do so. Boko Haram is doing a fine job of this at present), I honestly don't care much about measuring against a self imposed world power like the rest of you zombies in denial.

I do, however, know harsh realities when I see one.

Sorry bro. *shrugs*
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by ChukwuCantDie: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
African history must be taught in schools otherwise people will remain lost, one day we will rise and gain revenge by killing off the whites ..they will learn he hard way
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

I am an existentialist of sorts.

While you may feel some quaint victory in fairytales of preventing Whites from touching your women (because let's face it - if they REALLY wanted to, they would easily do so. Boko Haram is doing a fine job of this at present), I honestly don't care much about measuring against a self imposed world power like the rest of you zombies in denial.

I do, however, know harsh realities when I see one.

Sorry bro. *shrugs*

It didn't happen because unlike you slaves, Fulanis didn't bow down to whites and even the white gent in the video stated the facts.

We Fulani were far too warlike and not submissive like some of you sissies.

I can see where you all get it from though. Whenever I see GEJ, I see where the wimpiness and lack of manliness comes from. You all might as well be women with the way you all approach things like cowards.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by tevinsolt: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Do you Fufu brains even read?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4pJTaiev8k

The education has always been in Africa.
can you comprehend, that Education has always been and will always be part of human's essence. "Education has always been in Africa" so what? it has always been in other places too. This Timbuktu didn't influence it's neighboring cultures. In fact a famous account of the place was written by an European, Marco polo.

and Timbuktu isn't the oldest university, people get too excited with the little history they can get their hands on, and start thinking up nonsense up.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by gbemi514: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2015
frankmoney:
thanks for your contributions. , how come the whole Africa fell under d spell of the Europeans ..if we had the best brain at least they would av contributed greatly during the early breakthroughs in science ....and proposed theories and laws e.t.c .....
if u wud rememba it's only 2 countries in africa dat wasn't colonized wc wz ethiopia n liberia n dere wz no civilization in doze 2 countries...........n d main purpose of d europeans is 2 suck d africans dry cos dey knw africa is very rich in natural resources bt itwz a pity dat we were ignorant of dese resources den
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by tevinsolt: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
gbemi514:
if u wud rememba it's only 2 countries in africa dat wasn't colonized wc wz ethiopia n liberia n dere wz no civilization in doze 2 countries...........n d main purpose of d europeans is 2 suck d africans dry cos dey knw africa is very rich in natural resources bt itwz a pity dat we were ignorant of dese resources den

what about before European occupation?
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
tevinsolt:

can you comprehend, that Education has always been and will always be part of human's essence. "Education has always been in Africa" so what? it has always been in other places too. This Timbuktu didn't influence it's neighboring cultures. In fact a famous account of the place was written by an European, Marco polo.

and Timbuktu isn't the oldest university, people get too excited with the little history they can get their hands on, and start thinking up nonsense up.

True Maccudo talk.

Timbuktu had many cultures, it wasn't just one culture.

It was comprised and still is comprised of Fulani, Songhai, Mande, Tuareg and a few other ethnicities. So neighbouring cultures were indeed influenced. Did you even watch the video? Stop being a spoon-fed Eurocentric.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by HighQue007: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
successhunter:

Stop deceiving yourself if we had best brain according to you , how come they were outsmarted by the white For little things as mirror undecided

Can a person be so smart that no one can outsmart the person??..Its just normal..Our forefathers couldnt forsee thier evil intentions. Anything can still happen though

2 Likes

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by donsmarte(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
they ar busy hunting ad fetching firewoods
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

It didn't happen because unlike you slaves, Fulanis didn't bow down to whites and even the white gent in the video stated the facts.

We Fulani were far too warlike and not submissive like some of you sissies.

I can see where you all get it from though. Whenever I see GEJ, I see where the wimpiness and lack of manliness comes from. You all might as well be women with the way you all approach things like cowards.

Ah yes...fantasies galore. grin

You bringing up a video of a white person validating your existence doesn't make you a "slave" because?....

Running around, raiding a few towns here and there, and wielding bows and arrows with your cattle in tow has to count for something, I guess.

You ARE comparing yourself to lowest common denominators in military intelligence. Nothing wrong with leading the special Olympics.

Do you. wink
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by breakeven: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2015
They were sleeping, in fact they are still sleeping till date.Except they wake up 2morrow, they might just wake up one day to discover that the rest of the world have gone to the moon.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

Ah yes...fantasies galore. grin

You bringing up a video of a white person validating your existence doesn't make you a "slave" because?....

Running around, raiding a few towns here and there, and wielding bows and arrows with your cattle in tow has to count for something, I guess.

You ARE comparing yourself to lowest common denominators in military intelligence. Nothing wrong with leading the special Olympics.

Do you. wink

he is validating the fact that the Fulanis did indeed look down on whites, but you are too ashamed to admit it because in your mind it's hard for you to fathom a black group of people not seeing themselves as inferior to whites.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by gbemi514: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2015
tevinsolt:

what about before European occupation?
b4 d european occupation africa had only 2 things in mind to survive n not alter nature(love deir comfort zone by xo doin xhibit a character i term territoriality i.e neva wanting 2 leave deir territory.......anything new is jux 2much 4 dem 2 comprehend
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

he is validating the fact that the Fulanis did indeed look down on whites, but you are too ashamed to admit it because in your mind it's hard for you to fathom a black group of people not seeing themselves as inferior to whites.

Uhuh...yep. That was why your Emir in Sokoto in an interview went on a limb to say that White people are ahead of blacks in every ramification though Black people had "some" Art and culture.

Or why, in 1964-5, the Sarduana (sp?) who was eventually murdered in the coup of 66 said that he would hire British expatriates in the North before Southern Nigerians.

Sureeeeee....you fulani don't believe in a racial hierarchy and help perpetuate what you preach against.

Denial...a river in Egypt!
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by Fulaman198(m): 9:54am On Mar 20, 2015
totima:

Uhuh...yep. That was why your Emir in Sokoto in an interview went on a limb to say that White people are ahead of blacks in every ramification though Black prole had "some" Art and culture.

Or why, in 1964-5, the Sarduana (sp?) who was eventually murdered in the coup of 66 said that he would hire British expatriates in the North before Southern Nigerians.

Sureeeeee....you fulani don't believe in a racial hierarchy and help perpetuate what you preach against.

Denial...a river in Egypt!

That sellout wasn't even a true Fulani, he's just another Maccudo. There is a reason why we consider ourselves the most beautiful people in the world. We are just too proud. There is no denial in my statements. They are all fact, don't want to admit it? Ask another Fulani person. As simple as that. If you don't want to accept my honesty then oh well.
Re: Where Was Africa When The World Was Developing ? by ebiagtales: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2015
vfactor:

There I do not agree with you. The descendants of Canaan are the Canaanites whom the Israelites chased out of their land and made some of them slaves. E.g the Gibeonite. To prove that they were not Africans, the Israelites were slaves in Africa (i.e. Egypt) before they even returned to the land of Canaan to exterminate it's occupants and enslave them.

There are three of them: Ham(Canaan), Shem and Japheth. Noah cursed Ham, but not the other two. So, the probability that we belong to Ham is high.

However, I have added Abra to my own Ham, so I am now a descendant of AbraHam grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

South African Celebrities Who Are Traditional Healers/native Doctors / The Origin Of Urhobo People / Not Too Long Ago, Pupils Went To School Unclad In Some Parts Of Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.