Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari (7117 Views)

Senators Never Plotted Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Wamakko / Untold Story Of How Ojukwu Saved Murtala Mohammed's Military Career / How World Leaders Plotted Jonathan's Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Rilwon: 10:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Shagari was overthrown. I was invited to head the
government after the coup as the most senior officer. It
was not a Buhari coup. I never plotted a coup throughout my military career. I was not a coup plotter.
I was invited.

I was in Jos. They sent a jet to me flown by one of
General Gowon’s younger brothers. He was a pilot. He
told me that those who conducted the coup had invited
me for discussion.

I went to Lagos. I was flown to Lagos. Yes. And they
said ok, those who were in charge of the coup had said
that I would be the head of state. And I was.

Twenty months after, same colleagues who invited me
changed their minds. Some claimed part of what they
said when they took over power was that I had become
“too rigid, too uncompromising and arrogated
knowledge of problems and solutions to yourself and
my late deputy, Idiagbon.

Well, I think Nigerians had better identify those who did
that and interview them so that they can tell what
happened. From my own point of view, I was the
chairman of the three councils, which, by change of the
constitution, were in charge of the country. They were
the Supreme Military Council, the Executive Council and
the National Council of State. I was the chairman of all.

Maybe when you interview those who were part of the
coup, they will tell you my rigidity and whether I
worked outside those organs: the Supreme Military
Council, the Council of State and the Council of
Ministers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=424579424386291&id=125341937643376&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6127880277301159277%3Amf_story_key.-2917428024047802167

3 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Frankey369(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2015
HOGWASH!!!

12 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Mayor21(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2015
Story for d godss o

13 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by viczing(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2015
Frankey369:
HOGWASH!!!

Na for facebook yo dey get news now
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2015
You never plotted a coup but are a beneficiary to a coup process.

This is like somebody knowingly receiving stolen goods from armed robbers but claiming not to be part of the gang.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Rilwon: 10:59am On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

This is like somebody knowingly receiving stolen goods from armed robbers but claiming not to be part of the gang.

Your analogy is not applicable here

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Sparkle777(f): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2015
Yeah yeah, u dont eat dog meat but u can use ur teeth to share it.
Gej till u can pronounce, pieces of fish grin

12 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Rilwon:

Your analogy is not applicable here

WHEN WILL IT EVER BE? Janjawiid!

You are distancing Buhari from coup plotting when it was him that headed a military junta that overthrew an elected civilian govt thereby truncating the civilian dispensation for 16yrs!

Even if Buhari was not part of the coup then why is it that he saw nothing treasonable in occupying the post of his commander in chief?

If this is also not applicable here then why is it that Buhari as a Major General in the Nigerian Army remained aloof to intricate plots to overthrow his commander and chief?

Buhari is a liar, a treasonable fellow and also an incompetent fool.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by hazyfm: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
viczing:

Na for facebook yo dey get news now
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Rilwon: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

[s] WHEN WILL IT EVER BE? Janjawiid!

You are distancing Buhari from coup plotting when it was him that headed a military junta that overthrew an elected civilian govt thereby truncating the civilian dispensation for 16yrs!

Even if Buhari was not part of the coup then why is it that he saw nothing treasonable in occupying the post of his commander in chief?

If this is also not applicable here then why is it that Buhari as a Major General in the Nigerian Army remained aloof to intricate plots to overthrow his commander and chief?

Buhari is a liar, a treasonable fellow and also an incompetent fool. [/s]

Will your cry above stop buhari from be elected next week

Continue crying cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by cocoduck: 11:13am On Mar 19, 2015
[size=20pt]I have never sneezed in my life[/size]

7 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Iffa hear...
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by saintopus(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2015
This to me means a great danger and a poor leadership quality. It means that all the years GMB have served this nation maybe as a result of someone calculations. This is shown by his inability to steer and be in absolute control while he was the military president. The strenght of Tunde Idiagbon(Gen) is not questionable. Little wonder will drive you to a conclussion that Tinubu and Amaechi will be the true President and Vice respectively. Which means Tunde Bakere may be right.
One need to be strategist to rule a modern Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by kingthreat(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Stop making it sound like coups are evil. Sometimes coups are necessary. Look at Egypt today, thanks to rhe coup that happened last year else, ISIS will have Egypt as a headquarters by now

1 Like

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 19, 2015
Buhari is d peoples general whether they like it or now....

APC!!!!! Change. cool

2 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 19, 2015
kingthreat:

Stop making it sound like coups are evil. Sometimes coups are necessary. Look at Egypt today, thanks to rhe coup that happened last year else, ISIS will have Egypt as a headquarters by now

Off course Coups are good!

Just as it is good to support a lunatic insurgency composed of dead brained muslim filth.

6 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2015
If coups were not evil why is Boo.hari trying to convince pple nw after benefiting most

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Rilwon:

Will your cry above stop buhari from be elected next week

Continue crying cheesy

stop deceiving yourself you deluded janjawiid

5 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by eagleeye2: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2015
See this senile man ohh........Wepu Aka enwe na ofe

2 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by OLADD: 11:42am On Mar 19, 2015
Go and tell that to the marines! What's the difference between a palm-oil thief and those who assisted him in removing the commodity from the store?

10 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
If coups are not evil why is Boo.hari trying to convince pple nw after benefiting most

Abi ohh!

The SW is the problem in this country.

The SW press churned up so much rubbish lies against the Shagari govt as they are doing now with Jonathan.

When Awolowo lost to shagari the momentum was increased. This is why the likes of Awolowo never condemned the coup plot thinking that his early affiliation in the military Junta of Gowon will some how see Buhari hand over to him. This is the foolishness of a Yoruba man in full regalia thinking a Fulani man will overthrow his brother and then hand over to a yoruba man. Story!.

Buhari is not all that of a dunce as he knew that the public apathy against Shagari regime that was whipped up through the SW press can be used against him. The saying that propaganda is a double headed snake that can strike even those behind it comes in mind.

Buhari will then issue decree 4 to stem whatever rubish lies the Awo confusionist camp had to offer.

This is why the foolishness of the yorubas should not be taken as the endorsement of the south!

14 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Then why didn't you re install the democratically elected Government, being the most senior officer and your boys erred by carrying out the coup?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Buhari shup up, I pity those queuing up for u, cos u all will fail together

murderer
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by kingbasil: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2015
This buhari is seriously high on something. Does the fool think the people don't remember the past that forged this country to what it is today I've said it before the senility this old goat suffers from has made his reasoning seem so overboard... When the gbana you inhale go clear finish, you go know say khaki no be leather....

4 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by fresh15: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Buhari is an ardent liar who always tries to exonerate himself from the sins he had committed.He is a deceiver,illiterate,inept and certificateless.Therefore,Nigerians should be very careful of Buhari.A vote for Buhari is a vote to destroy this nation,vote wisely and re-elect Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Change2015(m): 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
For those ignorant of history...

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/112414-why-babangida-overthrew-detained-me-buhari.html
The general gave a telling portrait of the military coup that brought him to power, and that which saw him pushed out of office and thrown into detention.

He denied ever participating in coup plotting, and said he was merely invited as the most senior officer to take over the reins of governance after Mr. Shagari, the second republic president, was sacked.

Those backers later “changed their minds” and booted him out of office, he said.

A key reason for this, he said, was his attempt to retire Mr. Gusau, and potentially, Mr. Babangida. Mr. Gusau, a well-connected intelligence officer, has remained a long standing associate of Mr. Babangida.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/interview/ibb-not-buhari-overthrew-shagaris-govt-col-nyiam/
You once said soldiers could be recruited for a coup without their knowledge. How is that possible?

Yes, there are many instances. You might want to verify this from Gen. Buhari, he was not the initiator of that coup that brought him in as Head of State, it was Gen. Ibrahim Bako and Babangida that initiated it. But because they wanted a credible figure as a face, he was brought in. He did not know the genesis of that coup. He was not quite aware of the original idea behind the coup and that was why when he decided to make a change, he was forced to step aside. So, if this could happen to a whole Gen. Buhari, who was supposedly the leader of a coup, it shows how many soldiers can be brought in that way.

Does that mean overthrowing Shagari’s government was IBB’s idea?

It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity.

Can you give other instances?

Gen. Yakubu Gowon was not part of the coup that brought him in. He was a decent man. Nigerians like to play what the Yoruba people call bojuboju; they bring a figure with integrity to cover up their real intention; the real intention of politicians in uniform who have found cheap party. Many elements of them are in our partisan politics today.

That means such heads of states were under the control of the coup plotters that installed them.

Obviously. And these people are still the reason why we are not allowed to have a proper census, they are still the ones ensuring that we don’t have a conference as well as a free and fair election because if you give the people their rights to choose who to governs them, you have freed them and these oligarchs don’t want that.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell embarassed
People should beware of a tyrant masquerading himself as an agent of light.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sparkle777:
Yeah yeah, u dont eat dog meat but u can use ur teeth to share it.
Gej till u can pronounce, pieces of fish grin
grin
pieces of fish= Feaces of Pish in Bukohari's voice embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

This is how stupid you are,if GEJ sacks a minister today and appoints you,pls,just reject it because you pity the person that was sacked

1 Like

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by stronger: 12:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
I laugh at these little kids running around on Nairaland. Not only are they not conversant with basic Nigerian history, they refuse to escape their wealth of ignorance!

Listen and learn and stop exposing yourselves!

We all know it wasn't Buhari that plotted the coup (Well at least the more informed ones among us), so it's not a lie.
He has also not said plotting coups are a good thing.
Regardless of how bad the Shagari administration was (And it was very bad. . almost like GEJ's), it should have been allowed to "reform itself"

But GMB was placed in a tough situation. The coup had been carried out. he made a decision (as the most senior person) to accept the position and try to make the best of a bad situation and was very willing to oversee a transition back to a civilian rule (ask your grand-parents to explain). Whether he should have refused the position to wash his hands of the coup is up for discussion. Tough call considering the terrain then.

All in all;

(1) Don't twist facts. he DID NOT plot the coup

(2) He has taken responsibility for whatever occured in hs admin. When will GEJ start taking responsibility for anything? In Otuoke maybe.

(3) What happened, happened in the PAST. Like the great general said "I can not CHANGE the PAST, but I can CHANGE the present and the future"

SAI BUHARI!!
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by hedonistic: 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
What is the difference between a thief and a willful receiver of stolen goods?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by danielmasarro: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
He should tell that to the creche..Anyway he's suffering from amnesia no doubt about that..GEJ for transformation

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tompolo: Pipeline Surveillance Contract Not Proof Of Governance Failure / Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos / Pardon, Part Of My Plea Bargain, Says Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.