Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari (7142 Views)

Senators Never Plotted Buhari’s Impeachment, Says Wamakko / Untold Story Of How Ojukwu Saved Murtala Mohammed's Military Career / How World Leaders Plotted Jonathan's Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
chamboy:
anyone u care to tutor u

boko stay off my mentions
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by cjrane: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Shebi na me plot the coup against Shehu Shagari, then come make you President abi?

Sometimes I feel our leaders view us as complete eediots.
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Duru1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rilwon:
Shagari was overthrown. I was invited to head the
government after the coup as the most senior officer. It
was not a Buhari coup. I never plotted a coup throughout my military career. I was not a coup plotter.
I was invited.

I was in Jos. They sent a jet to me flown by one of
General Gowon’s younger brothers. He was a pilot. He
told me that those who conducted the coup had invited
me for discussion.

I went to Lagos. I was flown to Lagos. Yes. And they
said ok, those who were in charge of the coup had said
that I would be the head of state. And I was.

Twenty months after, same colleagues who invited me
changed their minds. Some claimed part of what they
said when they took over power was that I had become
“too rigid, too uncompromising and arrogated
knowledge of problems and solutions to yourself and
my late deputy, Idiagbon.

Well, I think Nigerians had better identify those who did
that and interview them so that they can tell what
happened. From my own point of view, I was the
chairman of the three councils, which, by change of the
constitution, were in charge of the country. They were
the Supreme Military Council, the Executive Council and
the National Council of State. I was the chairman of all.

Maybe when you interview those who were part of the
coup, they will tell you my rigidity and whether I
worked outside those organs: the Supreme Military
Council, the Council of State and the Council of
Ministers.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=424579424386291&id=125341937643376&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6127880277301159277%3Amf_story_key.-2917428024047802167

How did this jackass (Gen. M. Buhari) end up as a commissioned officer in Nigerian armed forces?
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Chiaka(f): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2015
iamrealdeji:

But their initial motives wasn't to loot or oppress,those that came afterwards abused power,and I'm still saying it that the military didn't steal anything then compared to what democrats are stealing today

So you think!
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by chernest2002: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2015
He was not competent like ibb that was why he was easily overthrown,so where is his ability to protect us against terrorism as he was not able to protect himself as military head of state then,my people gej we know,gentle,cool,accommodative,good listener,transformer,educated,visionary,young,energetic leader all and many more in one man.vote wisely,don't recycle a failure like gmb.
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by KwaraRat: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
BUMP!
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by deji68: 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
well, me too never touch boobi throughout my life grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by attackgat: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
Buhari must think he is talking to fools. Buhari participated in at least three coups. Buhari led the oprations counter coup in the Yaba section. Buhari participated in the coup that overthrew Gowon.

1 Like

Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by Ojiofor: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
But you benefited from a coup that successfully over threw a democratically elected government..........kuntinuu bloody couo plotter.
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by pacino26(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
Why the bashing na, it takes VERY SMART AND COURAGEOUS OFFICERS to plan one. Not that I support it anyway but in the military morality is never a question rather orders and execution of such orders counts.
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by nnokwa042(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
iamrealdeji:

This is how stupid you are,if GEJ sacks a minister today and appoints you,pls,just reject it because you pity the person that was sacked
is GEJ still in power ?ewu gombe like why not use ur saint buhari
Re: I Never Plotted A Coup Throughout My Military Career - Buhari by ImadeUReadThis: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2018

Abi ohh!

The SW is the problem in this country.

The SW press churned up so much rubbish lies against the Shagari govt as they are doing now with Jonathan.

When Awolowo lost to shagari the momentum was increased. This is why the likes of Awolowo never condemned the coup plot thinking that his early affiliation in the military Junta of Gowon will some how see Buhari hand over to him. This is the foolishness of a Yoruba man in full regalia thinking a Fulani man will overthrow his brother and then hand over to a yoruba man. Story!.

Buhari is not all that of a dunce as he knew that the public apathy against Shagari regime that was whipped up through the SW press can be used against him. The saying that propaganda is a double headed snake that can strike even those behind it comes in mind.

Buhari will then issue decree 4 to stem whatever rubish lies the Awo confusionist camp had to offer.

This is why the foolishness of the yorubas should not be taken as the endorsement of the south!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yobe, Kogi APC Chairmen Deny Calling For Oshiomhole’s Sack / Security: Osinbajo Calls For More Collaboration With USA / Farouk Lawan’s Lawyer Says Audio Clip Doctored - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.