Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,834 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? (33124 Views)

"How To Know When Someone Is More Intelligent Than You" by UnoDiscuss.com / No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students / Are Engineering Students Really More Intelligent Than Medical Students? (picx) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by killsmith(f): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
yugkapmeet:

You are so ironically wrong. It's actually the other way round. And I also can't understand why art students with all their 'critical thinking' can't solve simple Newtonian physics. Smh
they all went to art class because they couldn't understand simple o'level maths

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 11:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
dara319:
words av bin in existence even bfor art could dream of coming to existence.....so wot else?? Gbam!!
see here, art has always been in existence. what do u even understand as art?
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by millionboi(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
menix:
The truth is dat we ve more science student who re more brainy.
Wen i say 'more' am refering to those who know wat they re doing.

Intelligence is not about going to skool to pass ur course, ask Bill Gate.
Intelligence is a gift, be u a drop out, art student, science student.

The Nigerian Man who shook brazilian economy in d 90's is not a science student, Dangote u know was never a science student.

2day, most discoveries we enjoy were discovered by pple who did not go to school to study science..

So in essence, intelligence is not about being a science or Art student...
Dangotee is neva a science student because is quite demandin
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by idia101(f): 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sunymoore:
It's simple.. Sciences makes one to think rational.. That's it

While art is mor of analytical tinkin. Shikena
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by imbless: 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
sparkleRed:

U wrong, it's 2 different course

So u can't judge dat way, it's how brilliant re we in our various field, u don't expect me a science student 2 knw wat is bin taught in art class, except they both take tym in studying each other course
don't compare Ferrari with Volvo nah .
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
mikeczay:
see here, art has always been in existence. what do u even understand as art?
wot do u undastand science to be too....i can switch to art today...n witout any tutoring wot soeva pass dia exams...buh wu will teach u aw to cut up a lizard n seal it up witout it getting murdered......u fink say science na pakoo......science no be fashion designing o ma bro....d IQ is really needed....and wit d kind of topics n pressure allround frm all science subjects...D IQ go don develop sumtymz u'll be suprised finking.#am i d 1 dat did# dis!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
sum1 said sumtin abt science bin wot u can apply to a day to day tin...yeah it is....dats makin lyf beta ma dears... science grows everyday....we started frm usin bicycle to tricycles to motor cars of improved brands nw wit ur a.c n stereo....lwkmd o......come to fink of it sef.....wot av u art students n gradutes done to make dis lyf a beta place for every1......its even worse nw..judging by d divorce rate in most countries nigeria inclusive.... except cram constitutions invented 100 centuries bak....no new innovations......or ar u sayin even dis lawyers u said av a beta IQ in ur field aint eligible enuf (which i dnt bliv) or no encouragment since dia new constitutions will nt be accredicted......wot do we call dat @ art peepz

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Majestinni: 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
It depends, am a science student too but some so called science students are just there, I knew I wouldn't do so well in arts because I don't read but am very good in my science subjects, most of the time its our mentality that science is better than arts which is not true, I adviced my little bro to be an art student because I saw that he'll be good at it not because he not good or does not know maths which so people think is the reason people prefer arts to sciences.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by captain247: 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
Me I strongly believed science students are more intelligent. Back in school days debate the number of science students combined wit art students to represent the school outside is higher. And if u also compare the over all performance of each, 70-80% of science students are more intelligent or serious than art student only very few of art students are intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by CecyAdrian(f): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Its very wrong to compare because they are both different and unique and work hand in hand.but to me I believe the art student is more intelligent than the science student. Science deal with laid down rules and formula's which every science student must adhere to when solving a solution while the art has none of that. The art student in solving an issue has to reason,think and evaluate a lot of possible answers before actually coming to a conclusion.and not saying the science don't do that.they do it but with rules on how to go about it. Every art student must bring something new to the table. In arts you will see a situation where a question has more than 20 answers all with different approach to it and are correct. But in science,a question has only one answer and failure to follow the laid down rules or formula will never get you to the answer.so in my opinion,Art is way far more intelligent than the science. Its versatile
My humble opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by menix(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
millionboi:
Dangotee is neva a science student because is quite demandin

So ow many of ur Engineering prof. Wiv big brains can equal his achievement.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Napoleone(m): 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
SagePerv:
[color=maroon]True.
Arts students are just there to memorise.
That's why we are way more smarter.
[/

You just said rubbish! Just memorise without understanding nor writing creatively, in application questions in particular, and fail honourably.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by TolaniLuv: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
I remember my School days, all the smart student 85% of em move to science class and rest I meant not so smart student rush to art class and commercial class..
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
CecyAdrian:
Science deal with laid down rules and formula's which every science student must adhere to when solving a solution while the art has none of that.

And who do you think should be more intelligent with the above?

The art student in solving an issue has to reason,think and evaluate a lot of possible answers before actually coming to a conclusion.and not saying the science don't do that.they do it but with rules on how to go about it.

How did they get the rules in the first place?

Every art student must bring something new to the table.

Science too.

In arts you will see a situation where a question has more than 20 answers all with different approach to it and are correct. But in science,a question has only one answer and failure to follow the laid down rules or formula will never get you to the answer.

So which is more tougher/harder and consequently more intelligent? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
dara319:
wot do u undastand science to be too....i can switch to art today...n witout any tutoring wot soeva pass dia exams...buh wu will teach u aw to cut up a lizard n seal it up witout it getting murdered......u fink say science na pakoo......science no be fashion designing o ma bro....d IQ is really needed....and wit d kind of topics n pressure allround frm all science subjects...D IQ go don develop sumtymz u'll be suprised finking.#am i d 1 dat did# dis!!
u talk like a kid, most science studs i know cant even draft a letter.bsides, art isnt all about all u read in d textbook dat sec students lyk u have.literature is only a form of.painting, dance, drama, poetry and many oda forms will make blood rush to ur face. bsides, hav u heard about mona lisa?
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by cluksy(m): 11:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
marinxxx:
i would take this arguement anywhere and by the way u can quote me anywhere no science stud is smarter than me in this room fact....a science student can mix a +b and u get c but as an art student ah can create with mah imaginations to make u CRY, LAUGH give u hope and KEEP u in suspense tell me a chemical or machine able to do that....unrelated newsfollow me on twitter......@i_am_marinx

Guy, stop bluffing,
C10H5ClN2+N2O --> will not KEEP u in suspense.. It will make u grab ur landlady's bosom.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 12:00am On Mar 20, 2015
in conclusion....jst enjoy woteva ure doin.....n i kinda like literature.....tnks to ma art bestie.... GM
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by CecyAdrian(f): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2015
Pr0ton:

And who do you think should be more intelligent with the above?

How did they get the rules in the first place?

Science too.

So which is more tougher/harder and consequently more intelligent? cheesy
Arts my dear is has to do with more intelligence than the science.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2015
mikeczay:
u talk like a kid, most science studs i know cant even draft a letter.bsides, art isnt all about all u read in d textbook dat sec students lyk u have.literature is only a form of.painting, dance, drama, poetry and many oda forms will make blood rush to ur face. bsides, hav u heard about mona lisa?
u keep makin me come bak......dose wu cant even draft a letter ar called d wanna be..s dey wanna belong whereas dey cant cope.....i know of some science students dah even write for dis news papers.....all d same science requires an improved tinking faculty dan art dats y we're d baba loollzz.....buh art is cool tooo....nt every1 will go to science....if ma younger bro wants to go for art y not..?? So far he loves it....den no lehleh....catch yah

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 12:16am On Mar 20, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Arts my dear is has to do with more intelligence than the science.
wot will u say befor?
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Esdb3: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2015
It is very simple. The most intelligent art student can be rivalled by a semi- brillant art student. And the dullest science student can do wonders as an art student.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 12:25am On Mar 20, 2015
dara319:
u keep makin me come bak......dose wu cant even draft a letter ar called d wanna be..s dey wanna belong whereas dey cant cope.....i know of some science students dah even write for dis news papers.....all d same science requires an improved tinking faculty dan art dats y we're d baba loollzz.....buh art is cool tooo....nt every1 will go to science....if ma younger bro wants to go for art y not..?? So far he loves it....den no lehleh....catch yah
u stay in ibd ryt?
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by simdam500(m): 12:27am On Mar 20, 2015
Extremely brilliant or not dibu no send 3hrs for everybody in jamb exam....

Who complains? We science students...

Though we tend to be versatile in our doing and think deep down but then if an art students can sit to write over a thousand pages book and science students keep talking bout hypothesis and practical lipsrsealed...

It on each sides I guess... what matters to me most is BE GOOD AT YOUR FIELD. #teamscience

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:46am On Mar 20, 2015
yugkapmeet:

What are you saying? Only smart science students excel in arts na. Most science students can't even speak good English. It's not about the department. It's about the individual.
young man, i am a science student, back in my days in secondary school, i was the best english student of my set not because i could speak it, but because i apporached it scientifically.
I even went head to head with art students to debate and won them.
Science makes one very versatile.
Art students may mention Karl Marx, John Locke, Socrates and Co.
We wil mention Einstein, Netwon, Pythagoras, Stephen Hawking and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

young man, i am a science student, back in my days in secondary school, i was the best english student of my set not because i could speak it, but because i apporached it scientifically.
Hey, didn't you read my post before hastily quoting me? undecided
Go through it.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 20, 2015
CecyAdrian:
Its very wrong to compare because they are both different and unique and work hand in hand.but to me I believe the art student is more intelligent than the science student. Science deal with laid down rules and formula's which every science student must adhere to when solving a solution while the art has none of that. The art student in solving an issue has to reason,think and evaluate a lot of possible answers before actually coming to a conclusion.and not saying the science don't do that.they do it but with rules on how to go about it. Every art student must bring something new to the table. In arts you will see a situation where a question has more than 20 answers all with different approach to it and are correct. But in science,a question has only one answer and failure to follow the laid down rules or formula will never get you to the answer.so in my opinion,Art is way far more intelligent than the science. Its versatile
My humble opinion
Obviously, you are not a science student. In science, we aim to understand, the fact that something has only one answer does not make it any easier. Science tasks your imagination and your logic simultaneously. Although, the smartest people in the world are mostly art students,
Majority of slightly superior intellectuals are scientifically inclined.
Besides, in science, we tend to take it easy from the start. Only to condense into extremely difficult areas in higher institutions. It is then that you see the true nature of science. Where you must prove, you learn a lot of Greek letters, where there is only one answer . . . but many different ways to get it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Dude, Socrates is on our side na
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:10am On Mar 20, 2015
yugkapmeet:

Dude, Socrates is on our side na
the greek dude is a philosopher, isnt that social art?
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 20, 2015
I don't understand some people sha, is economics and accounting now art courses? Anyways, back in secondary school, i was opportuned to do the three courses and i loved science mostly, naturally science students are more intelligent, bt there are exceptions, i know of a few art students who can go head to head with any science student in maths and in secondary school, the best students in English is always from the science department, i think it depends more on the individual that the department bt as i said earlier, science students in most cases are naturally more intelligent that art students.. To those saying social science is art, I'm studying psychology in unilag and I'm loads of biology and statistics. my economics fellas do loads of maths and sometimes their lecturer refer them to engineering mathematics text books , i think social science is a little bit more of a science than art I.e psychology, geography, economics and maybe sociology. Mass Communication and political science are more of art # thanks

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 20, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

the greek dude is a philosopher, isnt that social art?
Bro, all disciplines including science evolved from philosophy

2 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by drpips1(m): 1:41am On Mar 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by horpeyemmi66(m): 6:25am On Mar 20, 2015
Pr0ton:
[size=20]@horpeyemmi66..[/size]

Your post got me laughing hard grin grin . See the scientific terms you were using there. I'm very sure they (art students) don't unerstand one bit of them, while their own terms can be understood more easily. Please tell them oo. grin

We are always better than them, come rain, come Sun.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nursing Student Suspended In Borno For Not Welcoming Buhari / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.